• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Kalos League Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Litleonid

After Ash's loss to the most overpowered trainer, this hurt the league big time. The good barely makes up for it. This league was only a bit better than the Unova League, as Ash actually progressed, but these horrendous writers have such an issue with letting him win.

Cevil

DP showed us four full battles of Ash, and he won three of them.
XYZ showed us two full battles of Ash, and he won one of them.

Pathetic.

Chardaddy

I guess I'm not done.

I get it, Greninja was far and away the most popular pokemon in this group of starters. Ash has never evolved a water starter all the way, and seeing him do that this season was nice.

HOWEVER, Ash has 20 years in this game, and he's got 20 years with Charmander/Charizard. if ANYONE should've fought against Alain this season as a "demonstration of how far Ash has came" it should've been Ash's Charizard. They wasted the Ash-Greninja arc and they wasted an opportunity here. Ash should've gotten the Charizardite Y, over Trevor who's a ****ing HORRID trainer. It's a wonder he made the league at all.

Just disappointing, they blew this whole season now in my opinion. There was no point.

Red and Blue

Well at least this was better than Unova right? He came in second place

SlimeStack

So most of the league was skipped and the entire point of the final battle was that this is the one Ash finally wins. Without that there's really a lot less to enjoy. I enjoyed the Shota battle but this is nothing on the level that Sinnoh was at, even with Tobias in the picture.

All we can hope for now is for this league to somehow form the backbone of the Team Flare plot and have that bring this all to a satisfying conclusion. It won't change the fact that Ash lost for no reason at all here, though.

Mr. Reloaded

Cause a pirate is free
The Kalos league legitimately got the shaft just so Team Flare could have their arc. They screwed over Noivern for Zygarde build up.

Ash's embarrassing lose is one thing, but what became of the league as a whole is an utter joke.

So much lost promise.

k6666

Pikachu Fan
Well at least this was better than Unova right? He came in second place

Not really, BW ash Stupid , didnt fully evo his poke, didnt have any power up so it justify, meanwhile is XY , he competence , everyone look up to him , goot fully evo team , got pseduo poke, got power up , there no excuse he losing

Red and Blue

I mean no one can say he didn't progress at all in Kalos. Despite losing he did make the finals which is a huge improvement over Unova

Lance The Champ

The Aura Guardian
Kalos League Final

Tbh it wouldn't have been that bad if the productions/writers didn't give misleading episode title "Kalos league victory" and fantasy promos like "blazing shuriken" which ended up doing nothing instead of destroying Charizard and we would have been satisfied with Ash getting to the finals and proving worthy but they mislead us for their damn franchise causing everyone to be outraged and they skipped Ash's battles in the earlier rounds making it more realistic that Ash should win because of the focus on the last two battles. This all was a cheap stunt on their part.
And Greninja taking Mega Sceptile's 3 leaf storms but falling to 1 blast burn hardly makes sense even considering the fact that Alain's Mega Char X was far stronger than Mega Sceptile but still it doesn't fit.
After taking Ash this far, after so many leagues the writers should have given series justice by winning the Kalos league and losing Ash to one of the elite four in the Champion League. Why the hell couldn't they do that?

Last edited:

Lionel_B

For me, the Kalos League is both one of the best and one of the worst anime league.

Best: the animation and the fighting are beautiful, the art style is great, and the scenery are perfect.

Frankly, on this side, we have the best of anime.

Worse: Because it's sloppy... Ash is not highlighted until the semi-final, Greninja is too highlighted against other Pokémon (on 4 matches, he was the secret weapon for 3 matches... If I take the example of the Hoenn league, while his Ash Hoenn Pokémon had their moment of glory). Besides, it's wonderful, Ash's Dragon had a double KO and a defeat... When I think Noivern and Goodra are more interesting than Ash Greninja.. And Ash does not use his old Pokémon for the final against Alain.

I remain neutral on defeating Ash, because I am one of those who thought that Alain would win.

Last edited:

Vernikova

Champion
I can't believe that there were people (here and across the web) who honestly believed that Ash would win the league. People, who've bee watching this from the beginning, actually believed this. People shouldn't be disappointed with the writers; this is the result everyone should've expected.

yuoke

Treasure huntin'
I can't believe that there were people (here and across the web) who honestly believed that Ash would win the league. People, who've bee watching this from the beginning, actually believed this. People shouldn't be disappointed with the writers; this is the result everyone should've expected.

Except for the fact that everything pointed to ash winning.

Xenon Blue

No Hard Feelings
They built up all of this, sacrificed a lot of Ash's battles and made the league opener really bad in order to hype up the final.... and we get this. Am I seeing this right? What are the writers even trying to do here? Are they just trying to troll us to the next level? I guess from now on I will expect Ash will lose no matter how much it points to Ash winning.

Chardaddy

Tbh it wouldn't have been that bad if the productions/writers didn't give misleading episode title "Kalos league victory" and fantasy promos like "blazing shuriken" which ended up doing nothing instead of destroying Charizard and we would have been satisfied with Ash getting to the finals and proving worthy but they mislead us for their damn franchise causing everyone to be outraged and they skipped Ash's battles in the earlier rounds making it more realistic that Ash should win because of the focus on the last two battles. This all was a cheap stunt on their part.
And Greninja taking Mega Sceptile's 3 leaf storms but falling to 1 blast burn hardly makes sense even considering the fact that Alain's Mega Char X was far stronger than Mega Sceptile but still it doesn't fit.
After taking Ash this far, after so many leagues the writers should have given series justice by winning the Kalos league and losing Ash to one of the elite four in the Champion League. Why the hell couldn't they do that?

I agree, they have no problem letting him when against Elite 4 wannabe rejects in an island chain with pokemon who aren't evolved and won't listen to him, but they won't let him win a real league with a fully evolved team with great movesets and strategy.

diakyu

Because it has never happened surely it can never happen. I could take your comment, replace "win the league" with "fully evolve his water Pokemon" and nothing would change if I said it pre-XY. It can happen, and it might happen one day.

Just stop, you're not fitting with the "I told you so" agenda. The real moral here is that cynicism always win.

Last edited:

Lance The Champ

The Aura Guardian

Yes with the episode title, the blazing shuriken multiple promos, highlighting the fact in the episode that Ash has never beaten Alain, skipping Ash's earlier league battles. This was a low and cheap stunt from the writers/productions misleading fans all over the world promising justice and betrayal in the end!

SlimeStack

No one thought Ash would win the Unova League.

Everyone, and I mean everyone thought Ash had a legitimate chance at the Kalos League. It still doesn't make any sense now. The plot actually built up to his win, and the traditional reason of holding him back to collect more badges is gone. There's no actual reason for him to lose this one beyond bad writing.

The status quo of the games that the anime is advertising has changed, so why the heck isn't the anime's status quo following suit?

Chardaddy

Seriously though, what are they trying to do with Ash?

He wants to be a "Master" but caught 6 pokemon this entire series.

Good news is, we probably get reserves/Oakers next series because of the amount of Gen 1 new forms. So there could be that. Still not happy with the challenge thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.