• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Kalos League Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

WaterTypeWarrior

Considering that it was Alain who brought Lysandre the Pokémon Z2, Alain who gathered the Mega Evolution energy for Team Flare, Alain who was focused on strength and power over friendship with those close to him, it's pretty much going to affect him personally. And considering the preview, it seems either Alain has entered BSOD or if he's still on Team Flare's side, but showing signs of regret. Not to mention that if the runner up has to guide him to the right path, it raises the question as to who is the real champion of Kalos?

Yes, but he did all that stuff under the assumption that it was all for peaceful purposes. I get that you view Ash as the better person, and I agree that at some point, a trainer's title should be questioned based on their actions and beliefs, but I don't think Alain has reached that point. I'll admit that he tends to go overboard in his pursuit of strength at the cost of those he cares about, but it's all in the name of keeping them safe. He's just not a bad enough guy for me to think that his personality should be the deciding factor in whether he remains Champion. He's made mistakes, but he hasn't made any conscious decisions to harm others.

I won't comment on the idea that he's seemingly still helping Team Flare in the next few episodes since they haven't aired yet. Based on how he shows signs of regret, however, I'd imagine that Marin is involved and he's forced to cooperate to keep her safe. THIS is a bit more questionable, but I'll reserve judgement until after the episode airs. He'd still be acting to protect another, though, so I don't think I could hold it against him to the same lengths you do.

greninjamaster

Oh the league sucked because when I go into viewing a league I want to see every round and see every one of Ash's battles so not seeing it this time around is a major letdown.

I mean if I was the writers and I knew that they were not gonna show us every round I would have created a plot device say a drawing where any trainer entered could win a chance to automatically advance to the Top 10 or whatever many. Then that's how I would explain Ash getting to the top 10 without a battle.

dean1234

To me it felt like they was writing ash to win but apparently something came up because;
we saw a lot of different previews
The Episode was placed together bad
Ash held back
Mcx healed itself everytime it got hit by AG
It was a last minute addition
Lazy writing
This is what I see. My opinion

SlimeStack

Huh. I actually don't want to drop this show at all. I never expected anything past this episode to be impacted by what happens here and I've never really watched in the hopes that Ash would win, I just didn't want this final episode to suck so much. The fact that Ash actually could have won without it really impacting what comes after just adds more salt to the wound too. Either that or they could have just had a better league with a more graceful loss.

Alexander18

Dragon Pokemon fan
Ash losing the league is not a big deal as we have seen that before. The show is not made to fill our wishlist. It is made the way the writers want it to be made. Ash put up a good fight but Alain was better in the end.

Cresselia92

SM Ash = New Ash
Ash losing the league is not a big deal as we have seen that before. The show is not made to fill our wishlist. It is made the way the writers want it to be made. Ash put up a good fight but Alain was better in the end.

This still doesn't justify a shoddy writing with a terrible and anticlimactic resolution, though. It's true that they don't have to fulfill wishlists, but it is still a business and their goal is to entertain the viewers and earn money for their job. Writing a show isn't like writing a fanfic where you can put whatever you want without having to worry too much. There are still some standards and guidelines that they must respect, and must promote their show properly. In this case, it was misleading promotion, and this faux hype is going to hurt, in the long run. Ergo, if the viewers aren't satisfied, they lose revenue and popularity, which is something that they must avoid at all costs.

sqlpetros

The writers must really hate this poor guy...
Based on the attacks ChardX and Ash-Greninja got ash should have won
Here's the damage counter on Charizard-X & Ash-Greninja in the final showdown, just shows how ****ed up the fight really was:
Charizard-X:
* Quick attack
* Thunderbolt - (Super Effective)
* Cut
* Aerial Ace - (Punch + Kick)
* Water Shuriken
* SUPER Shuriken
Ash-Greninja:
* Dragon Claw
* Dragon Claw - (Braced w/ blocked arms)
* Blast Burn - (Not very Effective)

Mr. Reloaded

Cause a pirate is free
Ash losing the league is not a big deal as we have seen that before.

Of course it was no big deal back then. Back then by the last few episodes Ash would only be in the quarterfinals (once semifinals), and with time constraints and games being literally weeks away no one had expectations.

But today was different. We got baited into awful writing.

Xenon Blue

No Hard Feelings

That is a very lame excuse to write this off. The writer's goal is to attract the most viewers as possible. If they keep pulling off these stupid stunts then the viewership will only go down. In the end, the safe and reliable way to gain viewership is to listen to the fans and fulfill some of their wishes while keeping an unique plot.

Alexander18

Dragon Pokemon fan
No, what makes bad writing is to fill the wishlist of pokemon fans. It is the writers show and not ours. I knew that I should have stuck to supporting Alain but I took a gamble because others wanted me to support Ash. The show is about Ash's journey and not about winning leagues. It is not a lame excuse in my opinion and Alain deserved to win.

Mootjuh

The issue is he should have won. They gave Charizard way too much HP. Ash's second battle with Alain and Greninja was about to win before Ash passed out, same thing with the champion battle. There is absolutely no excuse for this..

SlimeStack

No, what makes bad writing is to fill the wishlist of pokemon fans. It is the writers show and not ours. I knew that I should have stuck to supporting Alain but I took a gamble because others wanted me to support Ash. The show is about Ash's journey and not about winning leagues. It is not a lame excuse in my opinion and Alain deserved to win.

The problem is they made Ash lose a battle he was supposed to win. He should either win battles he's supposed to win, or lose battles he's supposed to lose. Don't just take a battle that he's clearly meant to win and wrap his opponent in plot armor in the last 5 seconds. The fact that they rushed the entire league just to show a disappointing end really isn't helping.

dp045

It would be desirable to close this thread Now that the Pokémon League or wait to finish the arch of Team Flare?

Billybo10K

Silent Trainer

Yes, the show is about Ash's journey. But we've been following him on his journey for 19 years with nothing to show for it. Yes, he's gotten slightly better placings each region (Unova not withstanding), but he's never won a regional league. So when they begin to hint and hype up the chance that Ash might finally win the league, only to pull the rug out from under us with a surprisingly low-octane final battle and ruining any expectations that we had, it leaves the fans bitter.

The writers can do what they want with the show, but if it doesn't please the majority of the fanbase, it's not doing it's job as entertainment. If we allowed writers of shows to do what they want with no criticism whatsoever, we'd never get any progress. Are you afraid of Pokemon changing it up more than it has already?

Cresselia92

SM Ash = New Ash

So... you are saying that the show, a thing aimed to fans, shouldn't showcase what fans would like to watch?

I'm afraid you don't know how businesses work. It is their duty to write a show that is enjoyable for fans, not to write a personal fanfic. Of course they can't satisfy everybody, but they can't even fool fans in such a way. It doesn't matter how much you defend them, they did wrong in hyping things in such a way. It's really bad promotion and bad narrative, no matter how much you cut it.

Shadao

Aim to be a Pokémon Master
It would be desirable to close this thread Now that the Pokémon League or wait to finish the arch of Team Flare?

I say wait until the Team Flare arc is over. I want to know exactly how it affects everything regarding to the League, especially Alain.

Status
Not open for further replies.