• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Kalos League - One Year Later

satopi

Life doesn’t end, …it changes.
I always thought that Furfrou trainer was such a waste of screentime. Did he have to stop Ash from entering the battlefield just for a battle? That was just stupid. Funny on how Alan had all the people who cared about him watching but not Ash (aside from the XY Group). It was Alan's time to shine again! :D

Frozocrone

Miraculous!
I always thought that Furfrou trainer was such a waste of screentime. Did he have to stop Ash from entering the battlefield just for a battle? That was just stupid. Funny on how Alan had all the people who cared about him watching but not Ash (aside from the XY Group). It was Alan's time to shine again! :D

He was. Made him late. Ref called time. Ash was still allowed to compete.

At end of episode, guy walks away and is never seen again...

Twenty minutes I'll never get back. A waste indeed.

Darthlord7

The Smug Pikachu

It was another attempt of the writers to hype up even more Ash winning the league. Such a waste of time...

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll
He was. Made him late. Ref called time. Ash was still allowed to compete.

At end of episode, guy walks away and is never seen again...

Twenty minutes I'll never get back. A waste indeed.

Referee did not fully finish calling time. Nice try.

Spyro39

Everett was a complete waste of time and took away more minutes in the already rushed Kalos League. Would've been better to spend the remainder of that episode to fully showcase Ash's battle with Titus and Altaria.

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll
'Times up.'
No, he flat out called it. Only our special snowflake gets a free pass.

Nah, he didn't finish his line. 'Time's up, which means.....'

The sentence didn't complete.

Frozocrone

Miraculous!
Nah, he didn't finish his line. 'Time's up, which means.....'

The sentence didn't complete.

Only because Ash interrupted him.

He was still late. Even after Serena told him not to battle the guy because he would be late.

Should have been disqualified there and then.

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll
Only because Ash interrupted him.

He was still late. Even after Serena told him not to battle the guy because he would be late.

Should have been disqualified there and then.

Yes, Ash arrived and interrupted him in the nick of time. So there isn't a question of being disqualified.

Frozocrone

Miraculous!
Being even a minute late should have punishments attached to them.

The league set a time to be there. Ash didn't respect it at all and gets away with it. A true Gary Stu.

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
I would have laughed if Ash got disqualified in the first round for being late,and he should have been anyways.

The league set a time to be there. Ash didn't respect it at all and gets away with it. A true Gary Stu.

Pretty much.

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll

No he did arrive at the nick of time, even if it was just at the nick of time. So no.

I would have laughed if Ash got disqualified in the first round for being late,and he should have been anyways.

Pretty much.
Just because you want to be an Ash hater doesn't mean that you can ignore what happened.

Ash did arrive at the nick of time, so he should not have been disqualified.

ash&charizardfan

Humans are tools
Honestly he should have been disqualified for being late. They should have given furfrou trainers time to ash vs astrid 3 on 3 battle. It would have been a great match.

satopi

Life doesn’t end, …it changes.
Even if the referee didn't finish his sentence, his final decree was called but thanks to the plot that be, Ash was allowed to qualify just because the referee let it slide since the audience would've been upset if the battle was called off right before the challenger came just a few seconds away.

Emperor Empoleon

Honor of Kalos
I knew in my gut from the minute that Ash invited Alain to compete that the boy spelled his own doom. And I have mixed feelings about it.

On one hand it's a believable outcome, and better than most others. Alain was a well-developed character, who spent all of his time on-screen fighting high level opponents like League Elites and Legendary Pokemon while Ash was merely Badge collecting. But then, he joins the main series when it nears the climax, earns 8 of his own Badges within a few weeks worth of episodes, and completely trivializes the competition when he gets there...He was there for fun, taking a break from his job, and everybody that actually cared about winning got stomped. It's both comical and kind of infuriating...

I mean, Alain is my favorite character. But he did not belong at that Tournament.

And the fact they spent all series treating Ash like this hero veteran wonder-kid doesn't help. It all feels like overhype in hindsight.

Last edited:

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll
Honestly he should have been disqualified for being late. They should have given furfrou trainers time to ash vs astrid 3 on 3 battle. It would have been a great match.
Again, the referee didn't finish his sentence, so no.

Even if the referee didn't finish his sentence, his final decree was called but thanks to the plot that be, Ash was allowed to qualify just because the referee let it slide since the audience would've been upset if the battle was called off right before the challenger came just a few seconds away.

Lol no. 'Time's up, which means....' when Ash interrupted. The referee didn't get to say 'Ash is disqualified', so he didn't finish his decree anyway.

I'm still very surprised by the fact, that so many pople were upset of Ash losing the Kalos league. To the point were fans even started a petition that the writers should change the ending of the anime. I'm still very confused why people think that X&Y was such a special anime. It wasn't. It was just the same all over again, just with a better look. For mer personally I do not care that much for any of the leagues. Their are actually the most boring part of the whole anime. The Kalos league is no exception. I knew as soon as Alain was going to become Ash's rival that he will lose against him in the league.

Dragalge

"Orange" Magical Girl
That's a really flimsy way of trying to find reason to paint ash as a sue.

Yeah I don't think one being allowed in a competition despite being late equates to Gary Stu-ness. I mean sure it was an awful move on Ash's part but it doesn't mean he's perfect just because he was allowed to battle despite being tardy.

pokedigijedi

Saiyan Jedi
I have some thoughts, I apologize if it sounds like I am bashing but I do have some issues that I want to get out, so again I apologize if it sounds like I am bashing:

My thoughts on the league was disappointment, they took Alain and killed him they dumbed him down to make Ash and friends look good and don't get me started on how the writer's got every ones hopes up just to crush them.

If I had ANY respect for the show it died by the time this league came around, if not before, not at all helped by the fact the writer's don't truly care about the fans, in their minds the fans can be replaced every 3 to 4 years with a new batch of fans (even though they could just look up older episodes).

Ironically I don't consider this a good show for kids, why? Because, I don't like the idea of kids growing up watching the main character (or characters) constantly lose and never truly succeeding, I am not sure if there are any good lessons for kids in the Pokemon anime anymore, if there was any to begin with.

I saw some fans guess that it was to show kids that losing is ok, but I don't feel it truly shows what you should do afterwords. I mean come on shouldn't the point of kids shows have the main character (or characters) succeed in his or her goals and dreams in the end?

Sorry for the long rant, and sorry if it sounds like I was bashing, not my intent, I just had some issues I needed to get off my back