• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Kalos League - One Year Later

Frozocrone

Miraculous!
Astrid let us down. She got beaten by a Pokemon that can't even evolve (and she had beaten in an alternate movie universe).

You better not be disrespectin' my boi Luchabull.

Genaller

Silver Soul
Honestly given that Malva's report emphasized ME and only mentions MC-X, MC-Y, M-Garchomp, M-Absol and A-G I really don't think there were any other Mega-esque Pokémon. Besides it makes sense that not everyone has access to it. Also barring Korrina we don't know which GLs Alain faced (we know that anime only gyms exist).

Navin

MALDREAD
Still a better response than to continue to be invested in the kid and face numerous more generations of disappointment as a result.

I think how SM concludes the Kahuna arc, and Gen 8 (I imagine the league will return here), will be the breaking point. Ash should be named the first Alola Champion (which he'll refuse so he can travel), and win the league for Gen 8 (25th anniversary?).

Apart from BW (which you can headcanon off as a one-time blip), every other series had a progression. So I think this gen and next gen will determine the fate of the anime regarding Ash.

Rohanator

You know, fiction bringing you happiness is fine. Criticizing shows that you don't like or like but which have let you down is also fine. But the sheer and utter sorrow and rage that I have witnessed in the world since that fateful day of August 18th 2017, is a prime example of a time when you really should take a step back and realize that it's just fiction. It's just a show. Woulda been nice if Ash won. Would also be nice if I had a million euros. It doesn't matter.

The point Im trying to make is

Pokemon is trash

Never watch it

I think how SM concludes the Kahuna arc, and Gen 8 (I imagine the league will return here), will be the breaking point.
Bruh you know damn well the dream's gonna snap like a twig best save yourself a good five years and get to packing right now

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
You know, fiction bringing you happiness is fine. Criticizing shows that you don't like or like but which have let you down is also fine. But the sheer and utter sorrow and rage that I have witnessed in the world since that fateful day of August 18th 2017, is a prime example of a time when you really should take a step back and realize that it's just fiction. It's just a show. Woulda been nice if Ash won. Would also be nice if I had a million euros. It doesn't matter.

Pokemon is trash

Never watch it

We want our underdog to stop being a dang underdog.

BladexFade

Pokemon is trash

Never watch it

Bruh you know damn well the dream's gonna snap like a twig best save yourself a good five years and get to packing right now
It was a pretty bad day for a lot of anime/manga fans, because, during that same day Ash lost the KL, Bleach manga had ended in a trainwreck. Gotta add more salt to the wounds.

Leonhart

Imagineer
He fought at least two ME gym leaders + potentially every round at the KL had a ME Pokemon. The league also gave him an outlet to regain himself after that Act III PTSD.

Now that I think of it, in spite of the Kalos League being set up as Satoshi's ultimate goal at the end of his Kalos journey, Alain seems to have received the most benefits from collecting Badges and attending the tournament. He even went as far as to win the whole competition in spite of him only entering it to fight tough opponents. Poor Satoshi got the short end of the stick there.