• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Kalos League Speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
It'll be a load of crap if he doesn't get second or first with Greninja, Noivern, Goodra, and Hawlucha.

I don't agree cuz he had a better team in Sinnoh's league from my perspective and plus he even used his reserves and still didn't make top 2. So if he couldn't do that in his prime, I don't think his chances are any better in Kalos' league.

Lord Trollbias

Y'all Salty Bishes
In-universe his Kalos team is treated as his strongest team ever though, I mean it's his first ever fully-evolved team so I don't see how his Sinnoh team is any better tbh.
Fully evolved =/= stronger in the anime. Plenty of Ash's unevolved Pokemons have better showings than some of his fully evolved ones.

Abzu

Well... I hope he uses his reserves, but since his Kalos team is very powerful and well developed... at least each one should get one chance to fight. If Ash uses his reserves then unevolved Pokemon could have a chance to evolve as well,

I think Ash will defeat Shouta, as he have been the best rival he had in Kalos (Im not puting Alan until he states he will go to the league) and I like him more than Tierno.
But Ash's victory would be really earned with all his team putting effort in it (Final fight: Mega Sceptile vs Greninja).

If he wins... maybe Tobias can return once more to take him off the league?

Dragalge

"Orange" Magical Girl
Fully evolved =/= stronger in the anime. Plenty of Ash's unevolved Pokemons have better showings than some of his fully evolved ones.

This. Noivern hasn't done anything to prove that it's a powerhouse and may even lose it's first battle to Alain's Metang imo while Goodra was insanely rushed and it's only really good victory was against Luxray. Plus him struggling against Clemont's Heliolisk should show that Goodra isn't this invincible Pokemon that some make him out to be.

Anyway Sawyer beating Ash in the Kalos League wouldn't be so bad even in the Top 8 personally. Now watch as Ash beats Alain (assuming he's in the league even though I don't think he will) and lose to Sawyer afterwards...

Last edited:

Lord Trollbias

Y'all Salty Bishes
Come on Noivern barely evolved and it put up a great fight against Zapdos a legendary Pokemon.And teh only reason it struggled against Clemont's Heliolisk was due to its high speed and to make Clemont "seem" like a theat to Ash.
Noivern stayed alive. That's it. Zapdos was perfectly fine and if not for TRio being TRio would have put it down. So basically you admit Goodra struggles against Heliolisk yet try to downplay it? Fact is put a speedster against Goodra and the Dragon will be disadvantaged.

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
If Ash uses his reserves then unevolved Pokemon could have a chance to evolve as well,

I thought Cyndaquil evolving in Sinnoh's league was miraculous and I'd like to see one of his old pokemon evolve in Kalos' league as well, although I think Ash should also focus on whatever his sixth pokemon is by then and give it battle screentime during league battles as well since I figure that it won't get much development before the league. ^^

JudySpell

Banned
They could make Sawyer beat Tierno just to show how far he's come, so that Sawyer doesn't look like a scrub just meant to lose to Ash.

But it's not like Tierno's even that strong himself to start with. Sawyer beating him wouldn't make Sawyer seem that skilled by comparison.

Another possible scenario:

It's Ash vs Sawyer in top 8, and Ash has taken down 5 of Sawyer's Pokemon. Sawyer takes out Ash's 5th Pokemon to level things up and Ash reaches for his last Pokeball...

Ash: Goodra, I choose y-

*Ash realizes there's no Goodra Pokeball in his pocket 'cuz he gave him away*

Ash is forced to forfeit since he has no more Pokemon. :-

Excellent idea. 10/10

WaterShuriken

"I..I..Iron Tail, Pikachu."
I'm going to write my detailed speculation from a post in a previous thread on what i think the league could be like.

Episode 1
Arrival, Bringing back reserves, beginning of the tournament preliminaries. Maybe this could be the episode where a Unova Pokémon evolves. I'm guessing it will either be Snivy into Servine or Oshawott into Dewott. They are definitely the two who are overdue.

Ash's Complete League team

Kalos Team​

Reserves

Episode 2 Top 256 and Top 128 | Preliminaries 1 vs 1's

Top 256 : Ash vs Jimmy | Pikachu vs Tongari (Pikachu)

Top 128 : Ash vs Random | Noivern vs Random
Not really seen, except a "sizzle reel" of the the main characters advancing.

Episode 3 Top 64 | 3 vs 3

Top 64: Ash vs Trevor

Gible vs Amaura | Gible
Gible vs Dragalge | Dragalge
Kingler vs Dragalge | Kingler
Kingler vs Charizard | Charizard
Talonflame vs Charizard | Talonflame

Episode 4 Top 32 | 3 vs 3 and Top 16 part 1

Top 32: Ash vs Astrid

Bayleef vs Pyroar | Bayleef
Dewott vs Meowstic♀ | Dewott
Dewott vs Absol | Absol
Bayleef vs Mega-Absol | Mega-Absol
Hawlucha vs Mega-Absol | Hawlucha

Top 16: Ash vs Sawyer

Torkoal vs Aegislash | Draw.
Glalie vs Salamence | Episode ends.

Episode 5 Top 16 | 3 vs 3

Glalie vs Salamence | Glalie
Glalie vs Sceptile | Sceptile
Ash-Greninja vs Mega-Sceptile | Ash-Greninja

Top 8 : Ash vs Tierno begins

Totodile vs Hitmontop | Totodile wins.
Totodile vs Vivillon | Vivillon wins. Quiver Dance overpowers Vivillon.

Episode 6 Top 8 | Full Battle

Ash vs Tierno
Unfezant VS Vivillon | Unfezant wins and is recalled.
Torterra vs Politoed | Torterra wins but Politoed uses Rain Dance.

Torterra vs Ludicolo | Ludicolo overpowers it with Swift Swim and Ice Beam spam.
Unfezant vs Ludicolo | Unfezant could not keep up with it and it gets Ice Beam'd.
Muk vs Ludicolo | Muk overcomes it by Body Slamming it stalling it until rain Dance ends and shoots a Gunk Shot upwards and waits until the last minute to move so it hits Ludicolo.

Muk vs Raichu | Raichu wins.
Pikachu vs Raichu | Draw.
Goodra vs Blastoise | Goodra wins.

Episode 7 Top 4 | Full Battle
Ash vs Alain

I don't know which Pokemon to speculate for Alain, but I think this will be the match where Ash uses his whole Kalos team together. I'm sure that the last matchup will be Ash-Grneinja vs Mega-Charizard X. Skip to Alain winning the league against the runner-up. Mega-Charizard vs Chesnaught.

Ash like Sinnoh, ends up being the second best trainer, but in the Top 4.

In my speculation, it gives Pikachu 3 uses, the rest of the Kalos team, 2 uses, and each reserve 1 use each.

Shadao

Aim to be a Pokémon Master
I have my doubts that either Alain or Sawyer would be the one who defeats Ash in the Kalos League. Sawyer may have a slightly higher chance than Alain does given that his story is that of an underdog, but he feels more like a Wally-type character (a character who comes close to beating the protagonist, but not quite enough) and still has a crippling weakness of relying on the book and pre-planned out strategies, which is not good if he is caught in a battle scenario that he didn't anticipate for. Alain, if he shows up in the League, is most likely going to be the Gary or Paul of the League, especially with the Ash-Greninja and Mega Charizard X's rivalry, and he is notably an anti-hero/villain given his ties with Team Flare and his aloof attitude for the most part, thus not a superior trainer that Ash needs to learn like Ritchie, Harrison, Tyson or even Tobias. To me, if Ash is going to lose to anybody, it is very likely going to be a newly introduced League rival we have yet heard before.

On another note, we've seen Ash's Pokemon coming back to the league with new moves in the past leagues. At the Sinnoh league, we saw Heracross with sleep talk, focus punch, and hyper beam. Sceptile had learned leaf storm by that time, Quilava learned eruption and aerial ace, and Noctowl learned sky attack and extrasensory. At the Unova league, Krookodile learned aerial ace, Pignite learned brick break, Palpitoad learned sludge wave, and Leavanny learned x-scissor. As we can see, not only are reserves coming to the league with new moves, but so are Pokemon from Ash's party.

What move sets do you expect to see on the Pokemon that you have predicted Ash will be using in the league?

Janovy

Banned
Well, the latest episode had Alain learning that Ash will challenge the Kalos League and I believe they also asked him whether he was planning to participate as well.

Now this doesn't necessarily mean that Alain WILL participate, but along with the fact the episode confirmed he has more than one Pokemon, it's a definite possibility.

Master_Tyrell

I really think it is set up for alain to be in the league.

I think it is more of a "if you see Alain in the League, here we gave a vague excuse for it". Not in a bad way, of course. They definitely want to leave it as an open possibility without tying themselves to the idea in case they take a different route (although I'm guessing those episodes are planned already XD).

As I mentioned on the episode thread, I think Alain is not participating because of the situations he's dealing with at the moment. He doesn't have time for himself to set goals and such, he's thinking of others right now. I feel like a confirmation will happen after the TF arc is over, he is now free of his duties and can work towards the League without worries. If they make him participate I hope they let him mention that he made it in time at the last minute or something, so we know he did rush through the Gyms as fast as he could. It would be nice if they acknowledge that he had to do whatever he could to register in time.

nuzamaki90

Well, the latest episode had Alain learning that Ash will challenge the Kalos League and I believe they also asked him whether he was planning to participate as well.

Now this doesn't necessarily mean that Alain WILL participate, but along with the fact the episode confirmed he has more than one Pokemon, it's a definite possibility.

I think that's obvious set up. I don't think they'd bring it up if he wasn't going to compete. Gives him a reason to let his other Pokemon like Metang get some air.

Just thinking about Ash facing a Metagross again gets me hype.

Janovy

Banned
Alright, a user Kyriaki from Bulbagarden kindly translated the exchange between Alain and others:

Kyriaki said:
When Bonnie asks Alain if he's also challenging the league, he said "いや, とくには", which means "Not particularly". And then when Ash tells him that there's a lot of strong trainers and pokemon at the league, Alain replies "that must be fun". While he isn't really aiming for the league right now (with Lysandre's work and Manon on his mind right now), the possibility of him challenging the league is certainly out there.

Soniman

Break the Limit
id rather he didnt, I already hated how Virgil, someone who pokemon trains as a hobby and not like fully dedicated to it won the Unova League.

I wouldnt mind if Alan beat Ash I guess but the thought of Alan suddenly becoming the Kalos League champ feels....wrong to me

Janovy

Banned
id rather he didnt, I already hated how Virgil, someone who pokemon trains as a hobby and not like fully dedicated to it won the Unova League.

I wouldnt mind if Alan beat Ash I guess but the thought of Alan suddenly becoming the Kalos League champ feels....wrong to me
TBH for me it's choosing the lesser of two evils.

Alain winning, it's not like I would be ecstatic about it, but if I had to choose between Ash/Sawyer and Ash/Alain as the final battle of the League, I'd go for latter all the way.

Mainly because Alain is more interesting to me than Sawyer and has actually showcased competence.

UltimateNinja

Praying for the holy relics
It would be really cool if we'll see Alan challenging Olympia if the writter really decide to let him challenge the league.

Soniman

Break the Limit
TBH for me it's choosing the lesser of two evils.

Alain winning, it's not like I would be ecstatic about it, but if I had to choose between Ash/Sawyer and Ash/Alain as the final battle of the League, I'd go for latter all the way.

Mainly because Alain is more interesting to me than Sawyer and has actually showcased competence.

I would prefer Shouta just become super skilled and get a decent two-parter against Ash and Ash goes on to lose to some League rival probably. I just really dont like the idea of Alan winning because he did beat an E4, that seems like you're going backwards if you're challenging the League all of a sudden

Status
Not open for further replies.