• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Kalos Region Mysteries

Status
Not open for further replies.

Griever789

I'm curious as to how they're going to justify the presence of Mega Stones in future games.

My first guess is that they're just going to make a "sudden discovery" that they're actually all over the world, like they did with the Fairy type.

My guess is the scientist will figure out how to make their own mega stones and that will be the explanation.

My question is why does this random girl have a dna spicer, is she a former team plasma member, colress niece, an oracle of arcues that gives these items to trainer who have kyruems?

Honestly I like mysteries, not enough of those in video games anymore. I remeber all the debate on missingno and how to get mew and all.

Dragonair7

Feelin' the heat?
Coincidence, but when you think about it, all of the non-Gen VI Pokémon that can be found in Kalos are still technically Kalosian Pokémon. They are just as native to Kalos as they are to the other regions.
I understand what you are saying in that, but what if the war actually wiped out all the pokemon in the Kalos region? That could be a reason for the few number of new pokemon and the other pokemon in the Kalos region could be a "repopulation effort".

*Please note that this is all 100% for fun and I know it sounds a little conspiratorial...

They have to give you the items in next generations. Otherwise many pokemon forms would be lost. Sawsbuck, since there is no longer a season mechanic, is now in default summer, unless yu transferred it over from bank, and then it is permanently in the form it came over in. For instance, I seriously doubt that there are multiple orbs for the creation trio, but GF wants to give you the items. Without them, Giratina couldn't be in origin form, and Shaymin couldn't be in Sky form. Personally, I can't wait to see when items will be able to be transferred between regions.

Endolise

TengenToppaBoogaloo
I understand what you are saying in that, but what if the war actually wiped out all the pokemon in the Kalos region? That could be a reason for the few number of new pokemon and the other pokemon in the Kalos region could be a "repopulation effort".

*Please note that this is all 100% for fun and I know it sounds a little conspiratorial...

Could be, I suppose, but as we saw in the war cinematic, the Kalosian armies used tons pf pre-Gen VI Pokémon. So those species were present in the region even before AZ used the ultimate weapon.

Zaberz

Sabertoothz
There was this one Hiker after a battle that said "Have you been to Hoenn yet?I heard they sell tickets in the train station"

I don't know if that would happen but maybe one day..

Emily101

Froakie Trainer
There was this one Hiker after a battle that said "Have you been to Hoenn yet?I heard they sell tickets in the train station"

Which hiker says this? What route or area is he in?

fitzy909

Just another guy

How would you travel to an island by train? Well I guess by something like the channel tunnel.

There are a lot of things that hint towards Hoenn getting a remake and I am happy with that.

Stymie

powered by insanity
Which hiker says this? What route or area is he in?

I am pretty sure that no such dialogue exists in-game. If it did I am sure you would have heard of it and that speculation of Hoenn remakes would somehow crank up another gear.

Anyhow, considering that more people use Pokemon with an internet connection than ever before will the events to obtain these yet to be revealed legendary's be more in-depth, and serve as little quests?

I doubt any long-form DCL content is on the cards.

Dragonair7

Feelin' the heat?
Malva is found to be a Team Flare member. Also, she is totally the woman that reports from the Holocaster. We can assume that their deal was that he wouldn't arrest her for being a part of Team Flare if she helped him find Xerosic.
I wonder if we will be seeing Looker in the next games as well...

Hexin' Wishes

Diva Extraordinaire
I'm curious as to how they're going to justify the presence of Mega Stones in future games.

My first guess is that they're just going to make a "sudden discovery" that they're actually all over the world, like they did with the Fairy type.

Xerneas/Yveltal are awakened and so the mega stones in other regions are now activated most likely.

Maybe Kalos will start exporting them as more and more are dug up.

Or it will be like Mewtwo and the DNA Splicers in XY and they will just forego any explanation entirely.

Well, didn't the lady say that she got the DNA Splicers "from a friend"? I wasn't paying much attention, maybe they are implying you (old you) gave it to her?

And it's safe to assume there are more Mewtwos but if not, and this is the Kanto one, then it could travel wherever it wants to find peace.

ShiningKnightXY

<----Newest Shiny
I can see cave of emptiness for Hoopa, The power plants HAVE to play some role, GF wouldn't add them if they weren't at least somewhat necessary. I always found it weird that Diancie looks like a Carbink, but that its crystals ALSO seem to match the Anistar Sundial...so maybe you do an event where you can perform a special evolution with Carbink and the Sundial? Perhaps the power plants also hold "locked up" mega stones that are only unlockable through some sort of event key. That could explain Mega Latios/Latias. The Ghost Girl in Lumiose may also have something to do with Hoopa.

Dragonair7

Feelin' the heat?
I sincerely, with all my heart, doubt that Carbink has anything to do with Diancie. Like, anything. They look the same and have the same typing, but other than that, why would they be related? But, Diancie could have some other connection with the Sundial, since, now that you mention it, the crystals do look similar, but this could be coincidence.

I am also skeptical on the Mega Latios/Latias thing. Why are they the same color? They basically look the same. I couldn't find any differences when I was looking at their pictures. It almost looks like they were fused together, but that's weird... Also, you don't encounter a wild pokemon in Mega form. Mega Evolution is caused by a trainer's bond with their pokemon, so unless there is a character that has Latios and Latias....(which I doubt) you would never battle them in Mega form.

Endolise

TengenToppaBoogaloo
Why are they the same color?
Red + Blue =

They basically look the same. I couldn't find any differences when I was looking at their pictures.
The differences are subtle, but they are based on twins anyway.

Also, you don't encounter a wild pokemon in Mega form. Mega Evolution is caused by a trainer's bond with their pokemon, so unless there is a character that has Latios and Latias....(which I doubt) you would never battle them in Mega form.
Yeah that's because the guy hacked them in.

Hexin' Wishes

Diva Extraordinaire
Also, you don't encounter a wild pokemon in Mega form. Mega Evolution is caused by a trainer's bond with their pokemon, so unless there is a character that has Latios and Latias....(which I doubt) you would never battle them in Mega form.

Mewtwo pretty much showed how they tackle Mega Evolved Legendary: Find the Pokémon and then BAM! they "left behind" their mega stone.

Alternately, what if the Hiker's fake mega stone turned out to really be Latinite (or whatever it is called) only after an event has occurred? Maybe even, dare I say, bringing in the Lati from a remake of RS?

ShiningKnightXY

<----Newest Shiny
To support my claim, why would game freak make diancie have such a similar appearence to carbink? I am sure they could've made either of them look more different during development

dirkac

I smash your Boxes.
Mewtwo pretty much showed how they tackle Mega Evolved Legendary: Find the Pokémon and then BAM! they "left behind" their mega stone.

Alternately, what if the Hiker's fake mega stone turned out to really be Latinite (or whatever it is called) only after an event has occurred? Maybe even, dare I say, bringing in the Lati from a remake of RS?

No because you trade the Intriguing Stone for a Sun Stone with the man near the stairs.

Ruas

To support my claim, why would game freak make diancie have such a similar appearence to carbink? I am sure they could've made either of them look more different during development
Appearance isn't enough... Remember Alomomola & Bouffalant who were assumed to evolve from Luvdisc & Tauros? Nothing happened. They're all separate pokemons. So, it needn't happen here. Although if it did, it would be an interesting & welcome change. I kind of liked Manaphy's unique status of the being able to breed & yet still be a legendary.

Endolise

TengenToppaBoogaloo
Appearance isn't enough... Remember Alomomola & Bouffalant who were assumed to evolve from Luvdisc & Tauros? Nothing happened. They're all separate pokemons. So, it needn't happen here. Although if it did, it would be an interesting & welcome change. I kind of liked Manaphy's unique status of the being able to breed & yet still be a legendary.

Alomomola and Bouffalant were introduced several generations removed from their not-pre-evolutions, though (not that Tauros -> Bouffalant made any sense to begin with, but I digress). Carbink and Diancie were conceived of as a part of the same generation without several years of time separating their respective creation times.

Also, to go off on a tangent, I wasn't really involved in the online fanbase at the time of BW's pre-release, but didn't Game Freak say back then that none of the Gen V Pokémon would be related to any old Pokémon? If so, why did people still expect there to be cross-generational evolutions? Was it just a denial thing like the introduction of only 72 new Pokémon in this Gen?

Hexin' Wishes

Diva Extraordinaire
No because you trade the Intriguing Stone for a Sun Stone with the man near the stairs.

I know that silly but he is super convinced it's a Mega Stone. I simply proposed a theory of going back to him (I just did it without the spoiler).

Status
Not open for further replies.