• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Kalos Region Mysteries

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hexin' Wishes

Diva Extraordinaire
I am also curious about the Spooky House? Anybody else? I think the wording, "A horde of faceless men" was what threw me off, since this gen introduced horde battles. Could this be a hint at a new species or just something to mess with you?

Well, a horde is an actual way to categorize a group though... Anyways, all that did was remind me of that creepypasta about some guy taking refuge in a cabin late at night and seeing creepy paintings of people that looked like they were watching him on the wall that turned out to be windows when he woke up in the morning. o0o0o0o00h so sppoky, tip me too plz.

Real talk, that was a low point of the game. Nothing like a good old filler moment to try and stretch out the game.

venetrix

Kaiju trainer
If you bring a Genesect into your game and show it to the Hiker in Ambrette fossil lab, he gives you the three "drive" items that go with it. From that point on, if you talk to him he says, "Genesect is also rumored to have been found in Glittering Cave... it's only a rumor though." This could just be another red herring from an NPC, especially as it's only viewable by people who've already obtained Genesect, but I reckon there'll turn out to be a future event where either Genesect is found in the cavern, or something happens if you bring a Genesect to a particular spot. Just thought I'd mention it as it hasn't been brought up yet.

LLR

Vivillon Trader
What are your thoughts about the race track on Rt 22?

It has me wondering if Grace moved from a region we get to visit in the future...
of course it could just be a tease

venetrix

Kaiju trainer
What are your thoughts about the race track on Rt 22?

It has me wondering if Grace moved from a region we get to visit in the future...
of course it could just be a tease

I'm not holding out hopes for any in-game Rhyhorn racing, though they might make a PGL mini-game out of it. Also, I think expanding on Grace's origin would involve writing more of a background for the player character than they've done in the past.

Shine

Psyched Up
Staff member
The race track is really strange, why did GF only give us a small shot of the race track instead of letting us actually participate in one?

Looking at the Rhyhorn Race itself......

It's implied to be a major attraction or at least something interesting that's unique to Kalos, not to mention all those people being fans of Grace (strangely enough, none of them recognize our character as Grace's child lol).
And the anime even has an episode about it.

It just feels like something that should have been an actual feature in the game.

The mechanic for a race is also already present in the game - we can ride a Rhyhorn in Route 9. Just give it the same speed as the ride-able Skiddo, and you have something usable for a race.

So why did GF not let us race?

My theory, is that X/Y is meant to introduce us to the riding concept. Just like how B/W introduced Rotation and Triple Battle, yet B/W has very few of them. It's not until B2/W2 that Rotation and Triple Battle becomes much more common.

It is possible that the race will be available in "the third game" - that's the only game that makes sense for a Rhyhorn Race minigame. That's all I'm going to say about it - I don't want this to turn into a full-blown "third game" talk, it's against the rule :p

Hexin' Wishes

Diva Extraordinaire
^Clearly a new Rotom forme is coming out. Electric/Steel Car Rotom that we will be able to drive in y'all! (kidding kidding).

ShiningKnightXY

<----Newest Shiny
It has been revealed through its pokedex entry that Diancie is in fact related to Carbink.

Unredemption

^Clearly a new Rotom forme is coming out. Electric/Steel Car Rotom that we will be able to drive in y'all! (kidding kidding).

That would be pretty wicked. And the signature move could be Road Rage!

Definitely agree with the Spooky House being very anti-climatic. If they can do something like the Lumiose City ghost girl and the Old Chateau, I don't see why they didn't expand on the idea since it's such a perfect setting for it. Abandoned creaky old house in the middle of a swamp? There's definitely something worthwhile there.

Dragonair7

Feelin' the heat?
Because all of the first instalments are generally left incomplete so that the 3rd instalment/sequel (etc) can make up for it...? I think that's the best reason, looking at previous generations, anyway.

I wasn't really involved in any forums or online communities when BW came out, but I didn't feel like those games had an underwhelming amount of content. I absolutely loved them and I have racked over 200 hours on my copy of Black. While B2W2 did make improvements and added a ton of new content, I didn't feel like BW was missing parts. The post game kept me entertained way longer than XY's for sure. I can't speak about DP, being new to the pokemon world at the time, but Platinum was definitely an expansion of Gen 4

The race track is really strange, why did GF only give us a small shot of the race track instead of letting us actually participate in one?

Looking at the Rhyhorn Race itself......

It's implied to be a major attraction or at least something interesting that's unique to Kalos, not to mention all those people being fans of Grace (strangely enough, none of them recognize our character as Grace's child lol).
And the anime even has an episode about it.

It just feels like something that should have been an actual feature in the game.

The mechanic for a race is also already present in the game - we can ride a Rhyhorn in Route 9. Just give it the same speed as the ride-able Skiddo, and you have something usable for a race.

So why did GF not let us race?

My theory, is that X/Y is meant to introduce us to the riding concept. Just like how B/W introduced Rotation and Triple Battle, yet B/W has very few of them. It's not until B2/W2 that Rotation and Triple Battle becomes much more common.

It is possible that the race will be available in "the third game" - that's the only game that makes sense for a Rhyhorn Race minigame. That's all I'm going to say about it - I don't want this to turn into a full-blown "third game" talk, it's against the rule :p

That's what I was thinking. It would even be cool if it was mandatory to win a race to progress past a certain point. Like, a group of thugs took over a route and to continue you had to beat them in a race. I hope that Rhyhorn Racing is explored a little more in the next installments.

Hexin' Wishes

Diva Extraordinaire

Definitely agree with the Spooky House being very anti-climatic. If they can do something like the Lumiose City ghost girl and the Old Chateau, I don't see why they didn't expand on the idea since it's such a perfect setting for it. Abandoned creaky old house in the middle of a swamp? There's definitely something worthwhile there.

They better spin it on it's head and put a...BLISSEY IN IT!

Dragonair7

Feelin' the heat?
If you bring a Genesect into your game and show it to the Hiker in Ambrette fossil lab, he gives you the three "drive" items that go with it. From that point on, if you talk to him he says, "Genesect is also rumored to have been found in Glittering Cave... it's only a rumor though." This could just be another red herring from an NPC, especially as it's only viewable by people who've already obtained Genesect, but I reckon there'll turn out to be a future event where either Genesect is found in the cavern, or something happens if you bring a Genesect to a particular spot. Just thought I'd mention it as it hasn't been brought up yet.

I didn't see that, because I don't have a Genesect :( I could never get my DS Lite to connect to my home wi-fi, but the 3DS is amazing in that regard. America never got the shiny Genesect event with the movie, so that could be a theory, but I don't know if they would give out the event so far past the movie.

So, the Old Chateau in Eterna Forest always creeped the heck out of me. And the girl that would walk around that you couldn't talk to.. *shudders*. But that place was just ominous in that it had absolutely nothing to do with the storyline. Rather it existed just to scare you. Also, the ghost girl in Lumiose had no explanation to go with her (which is killing me, btw!) so she still has some mystery. Shanua standing there with you kinda ruined any suspence or lasting feeling I had about the place.
I think I agree with Hexin' Wishes in that it was just there to stretch out the plot, but I feel like we still haven't seen the end of it, despite it being so anti-climactic.

VampirateMace

Internet Overlord
3. Lots of buildings in Pokemon are there for looks only, and only a fool would leave the local power plant unlocked. Not a mystery.

5. Why has no one said where this is obtained yet?

7. Bill, he is talking about Bill. In the very first games, Bill accidentally turns himself into a pokemon. Yeah, you can call it a PMD ref if you like, but in the main game canon he’s obviously referring to Bill.

yestolgia

I want to know more about that message on the back of that TMV table in Lumiose Station.

If anyone doesn't know: Go to Lumiose Station, where you take the train to Kiloude City. Go behind the board farthest from the entrance, and press a. A message should appear: "I'm going to go for help. Wait in the usual place."

Why did they have to write that they were going for help on the back of a board, instead of telling the person? Where's the "usual place"? What did they need help with? Was the help in Kiloude City, or do the trains go other places too?

It's just such an odd easter egg. o_o

I wonder if there's more of a story behind the Unopenable Room in Hotel Richissmee.

You know, the door with the guy that stands in front of it that says:
"Huhuhu... This is the Unopenable Room...
I took a mop, see, and barred the door...

I don't know about anyone else, this might just be me, but I have this feeling there could be more to this mysterious "Unopenable Room"...

Also, a few pages a couple people here mentioned how Hoopa could be found in the Chamber Of Emptiness.
I now agree with this. I mean, a cave with the description "nothing can exist within it" is just screaming to have some mystery (or mythical pokemon) surrounding it. Also, you find the Spooky Plate within it, an item ghost Pokemon can hold. Hoopas secondary type is the ghost type, so this makes sense.

Last edited:

TheGreaterLucario

I wonder if there's more of a story behind the Unopenable Room in Hotel Richissmee.

You know, the door with the guy that stands in front of it that says:
"Huhuhu... This is the Unopenable Room...
I took a mop, see, and barred the door...

I don't know about anyone else, this might just be me, but I have this feeling there could be more to this mysterious "Unopenable Room"...

Why do I have a feeling it's something that that guy doesn't want anyone to see...

Colton S

Beware Bewear
What about the note Alexa's boss leaves? It says, "I'm off to pursue the mythical Pokemon." And it states that she would start in the mountains... Maybe she was looking for Diancie! But I feel like she is connected to the strange message on the board at the station. Maybe she got hurt?

And there's that mention of the Lava Dome Pokemon in Plaza, that could be either Volcanion or Heatran...

Dragonair7

Feelin' the heat?
100th post! :)
3. Lots of buildings in Pokemon are there for looks only, and only a fool would leave the local power plant unlocked. Not a mystery.

5. Why has no one said where this is obtained yet?

7. Bill, he is talking about Bill. In the very first games, Bill accidentally turns himself into a pokemon. Yeah, you can call it a PMD ref if you like, but in the main game canon he’s obviously referring to Bill.

3. Most people don't leave private residences unlocked, or hotel rooms, or office buildings either. It's pokemon logic. Besides, I was thinking that an event would give you the pass

5. You get the Strange Souvenir from a traveling hiker in the hotels

7. Be nice. In English, if someone blew their house up, you go "Why would they do that?" not "Would anyone want to do that." So maybe, but I think it means something else

I want to know more about that message on the back of that TMV table in Lumiose Station.

If anyone doesn't know: Go to Lumiose Station, where you take the train to Kiloude City. Go behind the board farthest from the entrance, and press a. A message should appear: "I'm going to go for help. Wait in the usual place."

Why did they have to write that they were going for help on the back of a board, instead of telling the person? Where's the "usual place"? What did they need help with? Was the help in Kiloude City, or do the trains go other places too?

It's just such an odd easter egg. o_o

I agree. The messages are version exclusive as well (I've heard, haven't tested it) , and there is that little kid that stands there and goes "It's around here somewhere, right?"
I was wondering where the 2nd rail leads to as well...

Why do I have a feeling it's something that that guy doesn't want anyone to see...

Lol. Reminds me of that guy in the Trophy Garden house that says "don't ask what I'm doing with the maids" or something along those lines. ~kinky

What about the note Alexa's boss leaves? It says, "I'm off to pursue the mythical Pokemon." And it states that she would start in the mountains... Maybe she was looking for Diancie! But I feel like she is connected to the strange message on the board at the station. Maybe she got hurt?

I think she was definitely looking for one of the legendaries, either Diancie or Hoopa, but I didn't think of the getting hurt thing. Interesting theory.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.