• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Kalos Region Mysteries

Status
Not open for further replies.

Horn of Valmar

The Power of Justice
But seriously, nothing about Mewtwo makes sense. It was acknowledged officially in the Pokedex before Mew was even officially revealed, it was created from Mew's cells in a Rocket lab but we always find it in caves nowhere near areas that have Team Rocket (and over Wi-Fi), it's M-Evo is Spermtwo, the fact that it even HAS Mega Stone compatibility, it's physiologically imposing hip-ratio to waistline, the anomalies are endless.

Just because team rocket created A mewtwo, doesn't mean that that is the only way to get a mewtwo. Who knows, maybe a Mew exposed to the ultimate weapon during the war 3000 years ago made it mutate into Mewtwo. That would also explain the mega stones, because iirc the weapon had something to do with those aswell

dirkac

I smash your Boxes.
Just because team rocket created A mewtwo, doesn't mean that that is the only way to get a mewtwo. Who knows, maybe a Mew exposed to the ultimate weapon during the war 3000 years ago made it mutate into Mewtwo. That would also explain the mega stones, because iirc the weapon had something to do with those aswell

Um, hello, Team Rocket wasn't involved at all with Mew or Mewtwo, Blaine and Mr. Fuji engineered Mewtwo.

Yes, the Mega Stones were a by-product of the Ultimate Machine, but I find it more plausible that either they were altered alongside Mewtwo, originally being Mewites or the such, were a simple by-product of Mewtwo's creation, similar to the Berserk Gene, or were, like Hexin' Wishes said, happened to have the same genetic make-up as Mewtwo.

Horn of Valmar

The Power of Justice
Um, hello, Team Rocket wasn't involved at all with Mew or Mewtwo, Blaine and Mr. Fuji engineered Mewtwo.

I don't remember much about it, just that team rocket hired scientist to create mewtwo. Well, that is in the first movie, if that's different from in the game then I'm wrong

dirkac

I smash your Boxes.
I don't remember much about it, just that team rocket hired scientist to create mewtwo. Well, that is in the first movie, if that's different from in the game then I'm wrong

Game=/=Animé.

Nothing of the sort happens in the Game, and the only Pokémon Team Rocket were involved with in any single way (except the ones they used like Zubat etc.) were Cubone, due to the death of Marowak, and the Game Corner Prizes, due to the Game Corner being run by Team Rocket.

All we know about ?mewtwo's creation is that Mew gave birth to it, Mr. Fuji and Blaine were involved, and that the Berserk Gene was a by-product.

Hexin' Wishes

Diva Extraordinaire
All we know about ?mewtwo's creation is that Mew gave birth to it, Mr. Fuji and Blaine were involved, and that the Berserk Gene was a by-product.

But it's RB dex entry is:
It was created by a scientist after years of horrific gene splicing and DNA engineering experiments.
and all future gens follow suit thus it was not a natural birth for the (initial) Mewtwo at least.

I like the fact that it was dubbed "Mewtwo" even before they started tampering with it's DNA though. I do like the theories that the Mew that birthed Mewtwo was the one from Faraway Island.

Sidenote: Go hermaphrodite pokémon! Don't need anybody to make them have a baby.

Victreebong

Gives 'em the slip..
Sidenote: Go hermaphrodite pokémon! Don't need anybody to make them have a baby.

So close, except that "hermaphrodite Pokémon" don't exist because there's only male, female and genderless. (Genderless being a pretty vague blanket term.) BUT, if they were TRUE hermaphrodites, then they'd be a male and female, not genderless. Either that, or Game Freak is smart about avoiding potentially controversial socio-gender spectrums in video games.

My money's on the later.

dirkac

I smash your Boxes.
But it's RB dex entry is:

and all future gens follow suit thus it was not a natural birth for the (initial) Mewtwo at least.

I like the fact that it was dubbed "Mewtwo" even before they started tampering with it's DNA though. I do like the theories that the Mew that birthed Mewtwo was the one from Faraway Island.

Yeah. A Dex Entry. Same source that claims Magikarp can Splash over mountains and that Magcargo is hotter than thesun.

Hexin' Wishes

Diva Extraordinaire
So close, except that "hermaphrodite Pokémon" don't exist because there's only male, female and genderless. (Genderless being a pretty vague blanket term.) BUT, if they were TRUE hermaphrodites, then they'd be a male and female, not genderless. Either that, or Game Freak is smart about avoiding potentially controversial socio-gender spectrums in video games.

My money's on the later.

*latter ;)

And I was half-joking due the gender unknown egg group (which Mew is not part of) is called "Sex Unknown" in Japan.

Yeah. A Dex Entry. Same source that claims Magikarp can Splash over mountains and that Magcargo is hotter than thesun.

There's a difference between exaggeration like those two and saying scientists tampered with a Pokémon.

Tropios

':o Me is stinky??'
Unless they're going to come up with a "the stones were always there, it just required a special Pokémon to react to it". cop-out.

Actually that seems the more logical conclusion, I don't see what's wrong with that.

It being the other way around would be a bit farfetched.

Dragonair7

Feelin' the heat?
I would say that Mew follows Mewtwo in the pokedex because, while there were rumors and speculation of Mew, there was never enough concrete evidence to put it in the pokedex. Also, if memory serves, Mewtwo was created using Mew's DNA, which means that people could have thought that Mew was actually extinct, and extinct pokemon aren't put in the dex unless they can be brought back (like the fossils). So, while there was proof that Mewtwo existed, there wasn't proof of a live Mew until after Mewtwo was recorded, so Mew follows Mewtwo in the pokedex.

diakyu

I'm not exactly sure what's the topic you guys are talking about. But I have a question. Isn't it entirely possible the Mewtwo in Kalos is the same one from Kanto?

imran3

Nothing much...
I have a question- What is that Mythical Pokemon in Alexa's office, the desk of their director, it says that he/she would go into the mountains and seek the so called Mythical Pokemon. I wonder who it could be...

Endolise

TengenToppaBoogaloo
I would say that Mew follows Mewtwo in the pokedex because, while there were rumors and speculation of Mew, there was never enough concrete evidence to put it in the pokedex. Also, if memory serves, Mewtwo was created using Mew's DNA, which means that people could have thought that Mew was actually extinct, and extinct pokemon aren't put in the dex unless they can be brought back (like the fossils). So, while there was proof that Mewtwo existed, there wasn't proof of a live Mew until after Mewtwo was recorded, so Mew follows Mewtwo in the pokedex.

Good point. That logic could also explain why Phione is listed before Manaphy in the Pokédex. Phione are far more common in-universe.

I'm not exactly sure what's the topic you guys are talking about. But I have a question. Isn't it entirely possible the Mewtwo in Kalos is the same one from Kanto?

Isn't that what we were all already assuming?

Ironthunder

The Uncultured One
I belive that it is referring to Zygarde, as Terminus Cave appears to be within a mountain, and is considered Mythical.

Hexin' Wishes

Diva Extraordinaire
It's a possibility but there could also be more Mewtwos.

Just like how there can be more of the legendary birds/etc. Besides, scientific experiments usually aren't just one...

Endolise

TengenToppaBoogaloo
I belive that it is referring to Zygarde, as Terminus Cave appears to be within a mountain, and is considered Mythical.

The term "Mythical Pokémon" is reserved for event-only Pokémon, which Zygarde is not.

diakyu

Isn't that what we were all already assuming?
Okay thanks. Like I said I haven't been paying much attention to this thread so I didn't realize.

CMD Calcio

L'Amore per Sempre
I was thinking yes and no. Mewtwo was the result of one experiment, right? If that's really the case, how is there one in Kalos and one in Kanto? Scary thought.

Excitable Boy

is a metaphor
I was thinking yes and no. Mewtwo was the result of one experiment, right? If that's really the case, how is there one in Kalos and one in Kanto? Scary thought.

It's possible that the Mewtwo from the Kanto saga migrated to Kalos.

The legendary birds were implied to have come to Sinnoh from Kanto, anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.