• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Kalos Region Mysteries

Status
Not open for further replies.

Symphony

Seasons, they turn..
Going to add some of my own speculation. Sorry if any is inaccurate, I try my best, but sometimes I make mistakes!

To start off, throughout Kalos, they talk about that war with AZ. How did AZ even grow to be that tall and keep is identity a secret for so long? AZ was one of the most mysterious characters, I believe his past should of been explained a bit earlier in the game. He is a king that built a machine to revive a Pokemon. The game should had you collect maybe some of AZ's journal entries and you had to put the pieces together in the end. That would of been cool. Well, I got off topic a bit there. Back on topic, AZ's machine was almost launched again at the end of the game. What if it was shot out again? How would that affect Kalos?

Next thing I want to address is the war. I hope that GF mentions this war in there next game and then give us some more backround about it. I am super curious about the whole war. Who won? Why were they fighting? How brutal did it get? This interests me the most.

More speculation coming soon! :3

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
How did AZ even grow to be that tall and keep is identity a secret for so long?

They already answered your first question in an interview, the Ultimate Weapon is what made him so tall.

Who won? Why were they fighting? How brutal did it get? This interests me the most.

1. Presumably the side that had the Ultimate Weapon (I guess Kalos?).
2. I'd like to know the answer to this as well, but if I had to guess, they were probably fighting over land.
3. I doubt they'll go into more detail here because kid's game. But we know that Floette died during the war, so it was probably pretty brutal.

Hexin' Wishes

Diva Extraordinaire
If they go a sequel route and it's in another region, I hope it's the region that lost the war to Kalos.

LLR

Vivillon Trader
If they go a sequel route and it's in another region, I hope it's the region that lost the war to Kalos.
If they choose that route Japan would have a unique and first hand perspective on what loosing that kind of war would be like. Ultimate weapon was what the atomic bomb used to be referred to.

Hexin' Wishes

Diva Extraordinaire
If they choose that route Japan would have a unique and first hand perspective on what loosing that kind of war would be like. Ultimate weapon was what the atomic bomb used to be referred to.

The possibility of an Oscar worthy plot is delicious but GameFreak would so never go there.

Endolise

TengenToppaBoogaloo
Who won? Why were they fighting? How brutal did it get?
1. Nobody won. AZ slaughtered everyone with the weapon, and he felt tremendous regret for doing so.
2. Probably land or politics or something.
3. Quite, I would imagine. We know that it raged on for several years, and according to Masuda, it saw people trying to gather stronger and stronger Pokémon to use in the war. Given that this was a no-holds-barred conflict; all-out warfare, one can imagine that it escalated and became very bad.

Shine

Psyched Up
Staff member
3. I doubt they'll go into more detail here because kid's game. But we know that Floette died during the war, so it was probably pretty brutal.

Well......it's a Floette. They must have ran out of strong Pokemon if they even think about sending a Floette into a war.

Endolise

TengenToppaBoogaloo
Well......it's a Floette. They must have ran out of strong Pokemon if they even think about sending a Floette into a war.

However, AZ's Floette is stronger than normal Floette. Storyline-wise, I'm guessing it's crazy strong.

Taodragon

Training Anaylst
However, AZ's Floette is stronger than normal Floette. Storyline-wise, I'm guessing it's crazy strong.

True, but we don't know if it was like that before or after its revival, it could've just been around a regular Floette's potential before that.

Hexin' Wishes

Diva Extraordinaire
I'm pretty sure it was A) a Draft and B) they consider all Pokémon strong.

dirkac

I smash your Boxes.
True, but we don't know if it was like that before or after its revival, it could've just been around a regular Floette's potential before that.

Considering that in one of the shots Floette appeared to use a Move similar to Light of Ruin I would say it already had at least some capabilities of E-Floette.

Treasurepanda

Just because floette looks weak it doesnt mean it is.
Its just a bad *** pokemon.

Shine

Psyched Up
Staff member
Haha, I actually forgot E-Floette has different base stats :p

Maybe Floette in the past is stronger than it is now? The radiation from the beam could have altered all Floette species, turning them weaker.

But eh, that would be a talk about Floette as a species, instead of specifically about E-Floette.

Sircharles

Marijuantsome?
Hmmm. Has anyone here heard about the whole "Kalos being connected to Unova" thing? Cause I mean they line up together really well. Kalos could just be the top half. Like they did in 2nd gen!! Sorry if this has been brought up already. I just thought it might spark some ideas

UnitRico

Hmmm. Has anyone here heard about the whole "Kalos being connected to Unova" thing? Cause I mean they line up together really well. Kalos could just be the top half. Like they did in 2nd gen!! Sorry if this has been brought up already. I just thought it might spark some ideas

Considering the Pokémon regions are based on actual locations and seem to be connected as such, I don't see how that would work, really.

Sircharles

Marijuantsome?
Considering the Pokémon regions are based on actual locations and seem to be connected as such, I don't see how that would work, really.

I see what you mean. But at Parfum Palace there are those statues of Zekrom and Reshiram. Not only that there are a lot of Unova Pokemon roaming Kalos. It might be coincidence. But it'd be really awesome if they made another multi-region game.

UnitRico

I see what you mean. But at Parfum Palace there are those statues of Zekrom and Reshiram. Not only that there are a lot of Unova Pokemon roaming Kalos. It might be coincidence. But it'd be really awesome if they made another multi-region game.

I'd say it's coincidence. Kalos has a lot of Pokémon from all other regions. My bet'd be that to the south, there's a Pokémon equivalent of the Iberian peninsula (I wonder how many people'd cry over how unimaginative the region would be if they ever were to make a game about that region...).

dirkac

I smash your Boxes.

Those statues are just as relevant as how the Creation Orbs were in Dragonspiral Tower.

Really, the connection is minicule, and likely to just be yet another reference, similar to how Sinnoh (or Rowan, specifically) was mentioned like 25 times through the Game, Hoenn a few times, as well, etc.

Dragonair7

Feelin' the heat?

I doubt they are connected, but I do wonder if the region Kaols was in a huge war with was Unova. Zekrom/Reshiram statues at Parfum Place do hint that Kalos and Unova were at least in contact in the past. Instead of Pokemon Z, we get B3W3!
The timeframe wouldn't make sense (3,000 years is a bit of a stretch for our history) but it could be possible in the pokemon world. Also, the Americas and Europe have always been closely connected.

dirkac

I smash your Boxes.
I doubt they are connected, but I do wonder if the region Kaols was in a huge war with was Unova. Zekrom/Reshiram statues at Parfum Place do hint that Kalos and Unova were at least in contact in the past. Instead of Pokemon Z, we get B3W3!
The timeframe wouldn't make sense (3,000 years is a bit of a stretch for our history) but it could be possible in the pokemon world. Also, the Americas and Europe have always been closely connected.

no

I think the reason why Unova had some sort of prominence was because the world's first Mega Evolution happened on an Unovian person's Lucario that happened to travel to Kalos.
Hence the Mega-Lucario statue in the Tower of Mastery.

Status
Not open for further replies.