• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Kalos Region Mysteries

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sunset Star

The DS Gamer
Theory time: Mega Stones seem to attract their matching species to them. Mewtwo came to Kalos because it was attracted to its Mega Stones. (I literally only just came up with this...)

PKMNOriginsRed

Pokemon Trainer
How do you come to that conclusion? Considering that Mega evolution isn't even that prevalent in the region it originated in, why would you assume that some random scientists from the other side of the PokeWorld would have managed to make a synthetic mega stone?

If the stone coincidentally was created by the same irradiating process as all the others, it makes a lot more sense. It could even provide a reason for Mewtwo to randomly be in Kalos, if we entertain the idea that its enhance perception from its psychic powers allowed it to detect it and seek it out.
We don't even know its the same Mewtwo, your idea is probably more likely but it could be an entirely new Mewtwo. Team Flare hires scientists, raids data from Pokemon Mansion, creates a Mewtwo, and 'to make the strongest pokemon of all' creates the two mega stones.

Correct me if I'm wrong but Mewtwo was made from Mew's DNA right? So what if Mewtwo's Mega Stones are actually Mews Mega Stones reacting to Mew's DNA inside of Mewtwo?

Disaster_Lord

Sad Bayleef is Sad.
Correct me if I'm wrong but Mewtwo was made from Mew's DNA right? So what if Mewtwo's Mega Stones are actually Mews Mega Stones reacting to Mew's DNA inside of Mewtwo?

Some theory states that in the retcon MR Fuji and the mew team knew about the stobes all along and implemented a chain reaction to their signature energy as a step to make himcthe strongest pokemon. Again just a theory luke the mew megastone ones.

I bet neither is true and GF will troll us in sinnoh remake if it was bound to happen.

Akashin

If this were true, the Mega Stones would respond to Mew. But they don't.

Mera

Another open end unless someone knows. there's this guy you can battle at the battle chateau who claims he attacks you on his master's orders, but never reveals the identity of his master...

keybug55

Pop sensation
Another open end unless someone knows. there's this guy you can battle at the battle chateau who claims he attacks you on his master's orders, but never reveals the identity of his master...

I would like to think Mewtwo is his master because...well that did happen one time

[spoil]
TucrS61.gif
[/spoil]

PKMNOriginsRed

Pokemon Trainer
I believe that FR/LG didn't take place during the same point in history but instead they took place later on. Even referencing to the last protagonist. I'm positive the new Ruby/Sapphire games will take place several years/decades later or before. (Hopefully the blue moon island plays a roll if before!)

I do have to bring up the possibility that the pokemon bank could play a roll in connecting future games and regions with the possibility of remaining the same character but just having had moved to a new region. After all, every game starts out with having just moved to a new region. Maybe the protagonist's mother will move back to a new region to pursue her rhydon racing career?

Lastly, are there still many many things left unexplained in this game? I know how hacking works but not possible to discover everything when people don't even know what to look for.
That protagonist idea would be really cool, being able to play as the same character across different games.

sparkyandpikachu

and also Puka
I just wanna get this out of the way

Someone said that the lumoise city ghost does give you a rare candy when you bring a rotom that you caugjt in the lost hotel at whatever time and day they said I forgot.

So is it confirmed or not? People keep saying it is then some say no

PKMNOriginsRed

Pokemon Trainer
I just wanna get this out of the way

Someone said that the lumoise city ghost does give you a rare candy when you bring a rotom that you caugjt in the lost hotel at whatever time and day they said I forgot.

So is it confirmed or not? People keep saying it is then some say no
I really doubt it, you'd think a hacker would have found something like that by now.

BCVM22

No, no one has an answer for you. When we do find out, you'll see it announced and being discussed.

malcolm_n

Pokemon Collector
Quoting this as it seems to have been glossed over by subsequent posts. It's a really good way to explain the existence of Mewtwonite x and y; as well as any others.
You're kind of looking for a link that doesn't need to exist. The origins of Mega Evolution are pretty simple. After the ultimate weapon was fired 3000 years ago, its resultant radiation caused drastic changes to the properties of various evolution stones. For want of a better way to explain it, this changed its energy signature to one that, rather than, say, evolve a Togetic into a Togekiss, instead is specifically harmonised with that of a particular pokemon, and will trigger Mega Evolution. -Which- pokemon possesses that matching energy signature is entirely coincidental. Had Mewtwo never been created, the Mewtwonites would never have been anything more than a funny looking stone, and probably been as good as a glorified nugget. It was coincidence that the one clone of Mew that succeeded(ish) happened to be coordinated with these two stones in the Kalos region. A mega stone didn't need to have any contact with its pokemon prior to its creation for it to work.

Endolise

TengenToppaBoogaloo
Quoting this as it seems to have been glossed over by subsequent posts. It's a really good way to explain the existence of Mewtwonite x and y; as well as any others.

Yep. It really could be that simple. If ever there turns out to be a Mega Porygon-Z, it will probably operate on the same principle. Although, personally, I still prefer my idea of Mewtwo's creators specifically engineering Mewtwo so that it would react to the Mewtwonites. If they had the Stones, then they would just have to alter Mew's genes until they got a reaction, and that would give their creation access to even more power. But really, either way of looking at it works. It was a bit lazy of Game Freak to not bother with giving us any kind of explanation whatsoever, but it can be easily patched over with just a few logical deductions.

Joth

Back from the Dead
Yep. It really could be that simple. If ever there turns out to be a Mega Porygon-Z, it will probably operate on the same principle. Although, personally, I still prefer my idea of Mewtwo's creators specifically engineering Mewtwo so that it would react to the Mewtwonites. If they had the Stones, then they would just have to alter Mew's genes until they got a reaction, and that would give their creation access to even more power. But really, either way of looking at it works. It was a bit lazy of Game Freak to not bother with giving us any kind of explanation whatsoever, but it can be easily patched over with just a few logical deductions.

Or engineering the Mewtwonites to match Mewtwo... Not that they created them, but they tampered with it until it did something. That's just what scientists like myself do. But that theory makes just as much sense, but this one explains Megazard, as scientists may have tampered with another piece of natural Charizardite (Carizardite Y) to create an ideal Charizard. Maybe Mewtwoinite is the same way.

Also, I saw some stuff about the French Revolution and such, and that it wasn't 3000 years ago, but perhaps (not trying to open a new can of worms here,) Kalos is just France in the future? I dunno. Just my two cents on the matter. And I'm guessing we'll get a South American based region in Gen VII due to the Strange Souvenir's design. But who knows, maybe Gamefreak'll crap all over logic (as always) and make it Russia or something. Australia would be cool.

Last edited:

DracoLance

Dragon Tamer
I really think that the top train track(s) in the Lumiose station goes to Couriway Town station for a matter of fact.. so i don't really believe the tracks leads to another region, but.. what i know about what the hiker is saying probably is leaded in a ship or a boat.

(if this is false then i am sorry for the idea about what i am saying)

Vale_Star

Shiny Huntress
Why did they close Terminus Cave? There's something to think about...how did Zygarde get there anyway? Also why is the Route 13 power plant locked? Is Volcanion going to be in there? Sorry if these were mentioned earlier, didn't read the 40 + pages before hand.

Dragonair7

Feelin' the heat?
Or engineering the Mewtwonites to match Mewtwo... Not that they created them, but they tampered with it until it did something. That's just what scientists like myself do. But that theory makes just as much sense, but this one explains Megazard, as scientists may have tampered with another piece of natural Charizardite (Carizardite Y) to create an ideal Charizard. Maybe Mewtwoinite is the same way.

Also, I saw some stuff about the French Revolution and such, and that it wasn't 3000 years ago, but perhaps (not trying to open a new can of worms here,) Kalos is just France in the future? I dunno. Just my two cents on the matter. And I'm guessing we'll get a South American based region in Gen VII due to the Strange Souvenir's design. But who knows, maybe Gamefreak'll crap all over logic (as always) and make it Russia or something. Australia would be cool.

I would say that the Mega Stones created were made almost by chance, and the pokemon that got them were random. However, it is an interesting theory that scientists created two Mega Stones from the original one (like with Charizard and Mewtwo).

The theory that Kalos is in the future is interesting. In B2W2, they showed the Unova region in "alternate realities" with Black being more technologically advanced and White being more rustic. It is incredibly difficult to place the pokemon games in a timeline (as shown by this thread) and compare it to our timeline. Also, it was never suggested that the war was a civil war. It would be more likely to be the equivalent of the Seven Years' War, if it was to line up with our timeline.

But, I completely digressed. It is difficult to even date the pokemon games within themselves, as they are shown to be technologically advanced in some ways (magnet trains and spaceships and transfer tech) and not in others (walking/biking places and the "community" feel of the games.

CharlieDoryRose

Dragon Freak
I was really hoping for something about the Lumiose ghost girl to have come out by now. I know with Black and White we had to wait for the sequel before the Marvellous Birdge girl got explained, but with ORAS on the way it seems unlikely this will ever get an explanation.

She scared the crap out of me. xD

Status
Not open for further replies.