• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Kalos Region Travel Companions

Status
Not open for further replies.

npdargy312

Master Coordinator
There hasn't been any confirmation on who is travelling with Ash throughout the Kalos Region, but I have an idea of what I would like to see:

Shauna
Tierno
Trevor

I think this would look a little reminiscent of Hoenn, but all four would be old enough o be trainers.

What are some other ideas people have?

Everlasting

Everything stays.
Pleaaaaase, I don't want to see those crap around Ash.

- I would totally prefer to see Alexa as one of Ash's companion. It would be different from the older ones and could be the first female companion playing the "Brock" role. With them, I would like to see another boy who's dream is to become a champion of sky battles. That would be interesting indeed. He would only catch Flying types and Levitate Pokémon.

- If this duo isn't possible, then I would like Serena to be the main female character. She's much more interesting than the three you named and would be interesting for her to participate in gym battles. The guy who has the role of Brock could be, once again, a male gym leader that is currently unknown. Those we saw until now aren't really matching.

These are my favorite scenarios, and I'm sure nobody will agree with, eheh. :p

Last edited:

LizardonX

Banned
It's really nice how the anime just gives the middle finger to the games and refuses to use the much better designs of the MCs for travel companions anymore.

Sunglasses Krookodile

King Of The Kroks
Pleaaaaase, I don't want to see those crap around Ash.

- I would totally prefer to see Alexa as one of Ash's companion. It would be different from the older ones and could be the first female companion playing the "Brock" role. With them, I would like to see another boy who's dream is to become a champion of sky battles. That would be interesting indeed. He would only catch Flying types and Levitate Pokémon.

- If this duo isn't possible, then I would like Serena to be the main female character. She's much more interesting than the three you named and would be interesting for her to participate in gym battles. The guy who has the role of Brock could be, once again, a male gym leader that is currently unknown. Those we saw until now aren't really matching.

These are my favorite scenarios, and I'm sure nobody will agree with, eheh. :p

I personally would love to see Alexa as a travelling companion throughout Kalos, I think she would fit the role just nicely and given that Brock was around 19 years old, I get the feeling Alexa is around Brocks age and is meant to be the female equivalent of Brock.

And to be honest I too wouldn't want to see any of those first three you mentioned be travel companions nor would I like to see any of the gym leaders revealed so far to travel with ash, just because I don't like the look of any of them yet, We'll they haven't rubbed off on me yet and I guess until they are actual shown in the anime I won't know which ones i like.

I think Serena would be a good choice if Alexa isn't going to be a main character, but who knows maybe Kalos will be like Hoenn when we had a group of four travel companions, if it stays at three and Alexa becomes a main companion then my best bet would be that we could expect a male companion, unless the writers decide to mix it up and have two Female companions this time round.

ShinyPokemon inc.

The Tower Master
I want Misty and Brock back. Simple. They where fun and unique compared to the others, hell, I don't even want Ash to travel with a new companion, I want the old gang back!
Sorry but that's unlikely because that would be a slap to May Max Dawn Iris Tracey and Cilan fans which is a big population of the pokemon fan base. Now I'd prefer Ash traveling with Tierno and either Alexa or Serena. They all seem to click together in my mind

Shneak

this is a Nessa x Sonia stan account ✨
I still want Serena to be a Kalos League challenger with Ash and [insert third here].

But I also wouldn't mind the rival trio. I hate the thought of Pokemon Dancing Competitions, but it could potentially be a sidequest for Tierno (I think?...). Shauna should challenge gyms to be different, but she would probably end up being the companions with no goal. Trevor could be the researcher and collector of the group.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
I want Shauna to be the new female companion.

Retro-Chaos X

Psychic Aficionado
Sorry but that's unlikely because that would be a slap to May Max Dawn Iris Tracey and Cilan fans which is a big population of the pokemon fan base. Now I'd prefer Ash traveling with Tierno and either Alexa or Serena. They all seem to click together in my mind

Yes I know it's unlikely, it's just what I want. Also, don't you think Brock and Misty, both of whom are beloved to a lot of pokemon fans, being dropped was a big slap to the face to their fans, which is actually quite a sizable amount of the fanbase?

Dragoniss

I'm 26 now, why am I still here?
I think we all know by now that I want Cilan to continue to travel with Ash...he and Brock are the only 2 travel companions I've ever liked ,so seeing Cilan continue his goal of being a connoisseur outside of Uova would be nice. I really thought he got the short end of the stick. I mean, Iris had [and still possibly has with Claire coming in and all] some decent development, and obviously Ash had a lot, but Cilan didn't get to much, I really hope they keep running with him, because he works really well with the "trio" aspect. IMO I just felt like he was a better "stable" character to balance everyone out. They still have so much that they could do with him and I really hope they don't waste the opportunity to work with him like they did this whole generation. I honestly think that's the only thing that really got me mad with BW. [I know I didn't like the league or the treatment of Ash's Pokemon, but those were just disappointments, this made me livid.] I know a lot of people out there don't like Cilan [and your wrong, lol jk], and I can understand why, his food puns tend to get a little tiresome after a while, but this is a thread on what we would want -shrug-

Other than that Alexa would be fun. From the bits and pieces of the new episode I've seen she looks like a really fun character. I'm not sure how I feel about the whole adult thing traveling with them but it could make for an interesting change.

I guess I just don't know enough about any of the other characters to give my judgement on them. If I knew more info on them i'd be able to say what I think, but at the time we only know their names and what they look like from what I've seen, so for now I can't judge.

Though I think it would be cool for Ash to meet up with the male protagonist once :/

Thinking about it further, I really wouldn't mind this idea either. It would be a good way to really push the whole Sky Battle thing. Tough technically we've already seen it done, it would still be fun.

Last edited:

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
I wonder why they don't choose the female player character from the games anymore. Maybe its because between remakes and third versions/sequels the female lead is switched mid-generation, and they don't want to do that in the anime?

Hilda probably wasn't used because when BW2 came out they would have to switch her for Rosa.

yuoke

Treasure huntin'
Yes I know it's unlikely, it's just what I want. Also, don't you think Brock and Misty, both of whom are beloved to a lot of pokemon fans, being dropped was a big slap to the face to their fans, which is actually quite a sizable amount of the fanbase?
A slap to the face? So it was a slap to the face getting rid of misty after 5 years in the show and brock after four regions and being completely stale? Why can't people get over those two being gone bow? They aren't ever coming back, and that is for the good of the anime.

I wonder why they don't choose the female player character from the games anymore. Maybe its because between remakes and third versions/sequels the female lead is switched mid-generation, and they don't want to do that in the anime?

Hilda probably wasn't used because when BW2 came out they would have to switch her for Rosa.
What do you mean anymore? It was only one gen, and unova was supposed to be sort of similar to OS. They could easily pick serena for kalos.

fitzy909

Just another guy

that would explain it and it would be quite difficult to have a reason for her to leave mid generation.

Sushi

unspecified
Staff member
Super Mod
There's no reason why this can't be discussed in the general XY Anime thread. As soon as we get a picture/silhouette or something else that gives an indication on who they are (or who they aren't), we can start thinking about making a separate thread for travel companions.

Status
Not open for further replies.