• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Kalos, Where Dreams and Adventures Begin! (804)

Serebii

And, as if by magic, the webmaster appeared...
Staff member
Admin
We've Come to Kalos Region! Dreams and Adventures Begin!

Ash has finally made it to the Kalos region with Alexa and Pikachu. Ash is eager to start his journey through the region, declaring that he will win this time, and so rushes to the Gym. However, the gym malfunctions and tries to kill Ash, but luckily Clemont was nearby to rescue him. Ash is relieved and challenges Clemont to a battle, not knowing he is the Gym Leader, but part way through the battle, Team Rocket appears...

Visit The Episode Guide

Discuss

Eneci

FrogadierMasterLucas
You could move the posts as well but was easier to delete them ! XD

BAck to the ep. It was a really really nice episode.

Good things:
-Ash, Clemont Bonnie dynamic. They functioned really well. Bonnie was part of the crew the moment she got "thunderbolt-ed"!
-The mystery about Clemont is nice and hopefully will be good layered,
-TR was entertaining and strong, not that easy of an fight-

AWESOME things:
-Ash vs Clemont. The way Bunnelby fought and moved was tremendous. The way the used it ears was just great. Mud shot animation perfect.
-Clemont-Bunnelby chemistry right on the Top. Doubt B is his newly caught poke. And the nood when Ash complimented his efforts was just the perfect inch.

Little bad but still good things:
-Serena. Her small introduction was nice played and funny. But she should´ve get a bit more screen time. But I believe they will feature her heavily in XY02 and beyond.

Animefan145

Yeah, wish Serena had shown up more, but her short appearance at the beginning was good too, then transition to Ash's arrival. Hope she has more screen time in the next episode, but looks like there'll be a lot going on anyway. He's really enthusiastic about everything at the moment, but I liked the battle a lot- pretty even between both of them, with both Pokemon getting good hits in and pretty good animation too. Clement and Bonnie seem like fun new characters too, Clement's backpack seems pretty neat too with its gadgets. As well as the mystery of what's up with why Clement isn't at his gym, however long that lasts.

Good beginning, and even appreciate little details like Clement picking up both his and Ash's backpacks while they're rushing off to get Froakie healed.

nuzamaki90

Looks like the special screening on the website isn't up anymore, either that it it just doesn't work in mobile. I saw the pictures and I guess I can go off of that.

I really liked the first episode, it wasn't overwhelming or rushed like I thought it would be, and I really like how incredibly serious Froakie is, really reminded me of Treecko a lot. Hopefully he does end up fully evolving and becoming a water parallel to Sceptile.

I'm REALLY glad Clemont wasn't degraded to some newbie gym leader that doesn't know what he's doing. Using the battlefield to his advantage and countering Pikachu's electric moves really impressed me and it was great to watch. Although I was hoping Bunnelby was going to lose, that Quick Attack looked like it hit way too hard for it to not faint.

It was great seeing Wobbuh again and although it was shirt, Serena's introduction was really well done.

Overall, great episode and a really nice start to the saga.

Lucario At Service

Calm Trainer
the first episode is available for special viewing for a limited time online with an ID and password received at events in japan this past weekend.

http://www.tv-tokyo.co.jp/anime/xysp/

i will share with you the info...
ID: POKEMONXY
password: 20131017

please enjoy!

Really thanks for the link and ID.

The episode was good and interesting.

Things to note, the Raichu which was in the background was drawn oddly.

They changed Iron Tail's animation (which was also notable in the Opening Theme which we got last Thursday). Wonder why, since the BW animation for it looked more realistic.

Another interesting aspect is that when Clemont returned Bunnelby to its Pokéball, he thanked it for its work (which Ash also usually does) and the Pokéball shaked in response which has never happened before.

MastersOfMonsters

~Yaoi FanBoy~
Really great episode, in my opinion. Was a good introduction to Everything, and even managed to introduce a battle. A battle with a Bunnelby turned out to be better made than a battle with Lucario, haha. Love the animations.

Wobbuffet was Epic, and Froakie was Amazing, really glad he seems to be the 'main starter'. Can't wait to see him evolve into a Water Powerhouse. We've had Grass (Sceptile) and Fire (Charizard and Infernape), so now should be Water's time.

And Serena seems awesome. I wonder when she will actually meet the others.

Nacreous

Fire trainer
Really thanks for the link and ID.

The episode was good and interesting.

Things to note, the Raichu which was in the background was drawn oddly.

They changed Iron Tail's animation (which was also notable in the Opening Theme which we got last Thursday). Wonder why, since the BW animation for it looked more realistic.

Another interesting aspect is that when Clemont returned Bunnelby to its Pokéball, he thanked it for its work (which Ash also usually does) and the Pokéball shaked in response which has never happened before.
I think they changed the Iron Tail animation because it's easier to animate.Thus,the battle scenes are much more fluid.They don't have to use stock animation for Pikachu getting a metalic tail.

I liked the episode.It was entertaining.I have to say...I absolutely love Bonnie.She's my new favourite character.She's just so dinamic and fun.I kept looking at her and thinking "She has Flabebe hair".Wich is why I think she'll catch one.Or Clemont will catch one for her.

Last edited:

LizardonX

Banned
This episode is almost like DP1 in reverse. One was all about the girl with a few seconds of Ash at the end, the other was all Ash with a few seconds of the girl at the the beginning.

Lucario At Service

Calm Trainer
One thing i forgot to mention. The Tele/Video Phones in Kalos have a really interesting design. Its a mix of both the old style & the functioning of advance technology.

ShinyCharyZard

Too old for your rubbish..
A really enjoyable episode and a great way to kick off the new XY Saga. I love Froakie already and although her part was quite short, I love Serena too!

Bring on Thursday!

Trainer Red 626

how can i watch this episode i need to put a ID?

Platinum fan.

RetiredPokemonMaster
Oh this is up already. I'll just say I really enjoyed the episode. This is the first time I didn't get a headache watching Ash, I actually enjoyed his character here! There may be hope for me yet. Clemont and Bonnie are wonderful. Bonnie wasn't what I expected in this episode but I loved her all the same. Clemont's Bunnelby was a great Pokemon to watch in action. It felt even with Pikachu without downgrading the yellow mouse. Serena only appeared at the start but I enjoyed her for that morning scene alone. I loved that offscreen scream, I guess playable protagonist girls have a habit of being pecked by cute little birds when they sleep. It was a nice nod to the opening of the games. No real complaints. I enjoyed the introduction of Clemont and Bonnie and their characters, I enjoyed Serena's wake up with Fletchling, I enjoyed Froakie and Bunnelby, I even enjoyed Ash and Team Rocket. A series must be good if I enjoyed these guys. I have a good vibe with XY that I didn't have with the last series and I think I'll stick around for this one :D

WaterShuriken

"I..I..Iron Tail, Pikachu."
This is what they should have done with the battle against Trip instead of using Zekrom as plot device. Clemont was a very competent trainer. I do wonder why Bonnie and him were uneasy. I don't see why people would have a problem with Serena's screen time. It's better that she got her introduction here instead of just being thrown into the fray.

Serena's mom had a nice deign and actually looked like a healthy woman. (I wonder how Johanna survives).

Froakie was awesome. It's my favorite Kalos starter and this did justice. Although I wonder why Water Shuriken was used with bubbles/foam when in the games it is water discs. Unless that wasn't Water Shuriken and just Froakie's natural ability considering that Wobbuffet couldn't Mirror Coat or Counter it.

Trainer Red 626

thanks so much for the info so far this 1st episode is better then the best wishes 1st episode and that battle with ash against clemont is amazing

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
This episode was enjoyable for me. I loved Serena's introduction, it kinda reminded me of Dawn's a little. I'm loving Bonnie also, she's an interesting character to me. I also loved how Ash's battle with Clemont seemed even. Clemont does seem to be a competent trainer and the battle actually felt more like a DP styled battle to me. I am also enjoying Ash's character so far, which hasn't happened in years. Heck even Team Rocket doesn't even seem to be that bad so far, and they seemed to be more competent. I think this episode should get a 9/10 rating.

nuzamaki90

Now that I've seen the full episode, I gotta say Ash VS Clemont was a godsend

I can't believe Ash was actually using strategy in this battle like he did with Sinnoh. Realizing that Bunnelby might be Ground type and telling Pikachu to use Iron Tail, and then telling it to use a direct Electro Ball while Bunnelby had hold of Pikachu was something we haven't seen in a very, very long time. I never liked Electro Ball but the strategic way it was used in this episode was incredible.

It's like BW was just a break for the writers so they could save all the good stuff fie X&Y and just prepare the new viewers on what to expect in the future. That battle alone was better than almost all of the Unova League battles IMO, and now I get why Bunnelby didn't faint after all those strong attacks by Pikachu: Clemont being the 5th Gym Leader means he knows a lot more than the usual starting leaders do and he actually raised his Bunnelby to handle Pokemon as strong as Pikachu.

The whole battle felt like it came right from DP or AG. Both trainers were using strategy and made the battle interesting instead of mindlessly calling out moves.

Good freakin show writers.

EmphaticPikachu

A tired little girl~
At first I was like.

This battles okay.

Then I saw dat Iron tail fail.

And I was like DAMNIT ASH. WHY DO YOU FAIL EVERY TI-

oh.

Oh you did that on purpose?

OHSHI-*electroball'd*

Have to admit, that and Serena getting pissed at the fletchling were the highlights of this episode for me. Team rocket was okay. Wobbefet was nice seeing return. I almost missed his sound.

But seriously.

Keep the battles like this and I will love this series at least at some level.

Lucario At Service

Calm Trainer
At first I was like.

This battles okay.

Then I saw dat Iron tail fail.

And I was like DAMNIT ASH. WHY DO YOU FAIL EVERY TI-

oh.

Oh you did that on purpose?

OHSHI-*electroball'd*

Have to say that compared to the first battle Ash had in the previous regions (like Hoenn, Sinnoh & Unova), this battle really showcased Ash as a experienced trainer.

I mean he understood what he was doing and was able to act really quickly to unexpected situation (while staying calm) and then figure out how to counter them.

This showcased with his reaction towards Pikachu taking the Double Slap and then using that Iron Tail & Electro Ball combo.

Also their is the fact that Wobbuffet seems to have received some good amount of training in the TR Headquarters.

I mean in its entire appearances until now, Wobbuffet was never this good nor was it able to utilize its move properly.
It always had timing problem and in many cases used the opposite counters (like using Counter instead of Mirror Coat). And it never successfully dodged attacks before either.