• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Kalos, Where Dreams and Adventures Begin! (804)

zhixun

The most memorable thing is when Satoshi and Citron having the first battle for me and a great introduction for Pokémon XY. Nice reference for using examples from real life when Citron ask Horubee to use its ears for defending. Keromatsu was very brave since it took a Mirror Coat of Electro Ball although it depends on the damage that Sonans took.

Kuvario

I am who I am...because of them.
The start of the XY series, definitely started with a bang! Loved how the episode felt, the characters were good here, and the overall interactions were good. Loved the part in the battle where it looked like Clemont and Ash were neck and neck, it's nice to see Ash not acting like a moron at the start. The battle was truly excellent. Clemont was the best here, then Ash was also good, Alexa is decent, Bonnie is below average, while TR is the worst part. I didn't like seeing them interrupt the battle, but Wobbuffet being super charged was funny. Froakie is good, loved how reserved he is.

Is overall this was a good episode and a great introduction to XY. I'll give this episode a 9/10, by far the second best XY episode I've seen so far.

SerenaForTheWin

Yusarin >_<
it's nice to see Ash not acting like a moron at the start.
nah he did act like a crybaby during the start when he was pleading for a challenge asking alexa to let viola challenge him.

chalkus

It was a good opening episode. Serena's introduction was very similar to Dawn's. The only thing that surprised me was that they decided to animate fingernails now. I wonder what prompted that change.

zhixun

It was a good opening episode. Serena's introduction was very similar to Dawn's. The only thing that surprised me was that they decided to animate fingernails now. I wonder what prompted that change.

I think the writers wants to show Pansy and casual wear Musashi with coloured finger nails. But I am surprised that Serena does not have them coloured since she cares about her appearance.

Cloud5001

This first episode really gave me a good feeling for this next season. It paced well, the battle between Ash and Clemont looked pretty even and most of all they didn't make Pikachu look weak. I really hope the Best Wishes writers really did get fired because Unova was average at best.

The episode wasn't anything special. I suppose it was a nice introduction to the XY series but it wasn't all that exciting. The most memorable part was probably the way Serena spoke to her mother. If I had a kid I wouldn't let them get away with that crap. :] The battle was good, but Pikachu should have been destroying the rabbit. The fact that the match was so even was bull imo.

Froakie is a boss. This episode alone made me love that pokemon. It definitely has a lot of potential.

Going under the assumption that Ash is still supposed to be 10, did he age 2 years on that plane? No really, he looks about 2 years older since the last BW episode.

Last edited:

Gillachu

Banned
I liked Ash here because at least his childish attitude was excusable, but I didn't like Clemont or Bonnie when I first saw them lmao.

*Frank*

This was a good kickstart for the new (that is now old-ish) series. Notably, it was the same as DP's because it started on the future female companion's house, too.

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
I liked how Ash saw two Spritzees when he got off the plane, plus his gym fiasco when he got shoved out was funny as well hee hee. Pikachu vs Bunnelby was pretty cool as well until it was interrupted by Team Rocket. ^^;

wobbanut

Team Awesome
I finally got to see Clemont, Bonnie, and Serena after falling three season behind in the anime. A few episodes in, I've gotten to like both Clemont and Bonnie, they're fun to watch. Serena is slow to grow on me, but I'm hoping her upcoming episodes are better. It's also great to see Wobbuffet finally battling again after all this time, though I'm surprised Ash didn't even bat an eye that Wobbuffet was back after a long absence. I did like when Ash fell on his face after getting off the plane, LOL. Froakie is great too, and I love his voice.

7/10

Nyter

Island Challenger
I watched this episode just now on Pokemon TV for the second time. I saw it on its original run and got to see some differences.

First and foremost is Serena' s voice. Her dub voice at first was snobby but the way it is now in the latest series, it changed. She has a gentle tone in her vocals. Is the voice actor the same since the first episode?

The battling style. I felt this battle between Bunnelby and Pikachu was awesome and the way the camera angles, camera shakes, and double takes were implemented made the battles that intense, something the latest episodes are lacking.

Bonnie is no longer amazed at Pokemon like it used to be. Maybe from travelling around, she lost that WOW spectacle. I miss this Bonnie in this episode. She came off as precocious.

Team Rocket was bad to the bone here. But like always, they became incompetent later on in the saga...

5 stars out of 5. One of the best episodes to date.

This episode was done very very well. So much humor and action. It was awesome

Last edited:

JudySpell

Banned
Ash seeing M-Blaziken gave me goosebumps since it was so surreal. Alexa was helpful and Clemont and Bonnie seemed so much better here than in future episodes. 9/10

Lunala

Banned
I figured I would watch XY since I have barely seen anything other than the first league episode.

My first impressions on the new cast are okay. Serena seems boring but Clemont and Bonnie seem like fun characters. Froakie is pretty damn cool here. Overall it was a cool introduction to Kalos

Mr. Henry

Banned
This was a great beginning for the XY/XY&Z saga, I just rewatched this episode and oh the feels.

Serena appeared briefly but I liked her time on screen, Clemont & Bonnie had a dynamic that reminds me of May & Max (but Bonnie is adorable and Max was kind of annoying?)

It looks like a different Ash from the previous saga, more mature, but still he has that friendly attitude, our hero Ash. :p Froakie, he will become a boss in the future, and that's all, I give 10/10 to XY001, on to episode 2 of XY.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Serena being woken up by her mother's Yayakoma in Asame Town was very reminiscent of the X/Y games, and Satoshi spotting Mega Bursyamo at the airport was great foreshadowing. Miare City looked so opulent just like the real Paris, and Satoshi versus Citron was fetching, too. I liked when Keromatsu stepped in.

Wednesdayz

Meowth fanatic
Ah, the start of the XY saga. I'm looking forward to see Bonnie develop as she is very hyperactive at this point. The battle with Ash and Clemont was excellent: it's a shame it was halted by Team Rocket. :x

Alloutℯ

Banned
I think this is my favorite start of a new Pokemon series. Ash was in-character, including the whole doing-anything-to-save-Pokemon, TRio was also in-character, Clemont & Bonnie don't seem to be that boring, no abused Fire Starter, and Froakie recognized TRio.