• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Kalos, Where Dreams and Adventures Begin! (804)

Wednesdayz

Meowth fanatic
I think this is my favorite start of a new Pokemon series. Ash was in-character

Ash's little anger fit when Alexa told him that Viola couldn't accept his challenge was out of character, though. He was fine up until he had his moment of immaturity.

Leonhart

Imagineer
I sincerely would've liked to have seen Pikachu win the match against Citron's Horubee with no problems in this episode given that Citron shouldn't have even been a challenge for someone as skilled as Satoshi.

Ryu Taylor

Unwavering beliefs. Richter Taylor is my name now.
If it make's you feel better, tpci's original score improved greatly, in fact they used original instruments

In fact, tpci's musical score is better than the original score. It's that good.

To think that it was that good from the moment Ed Goldfarb was hired to work on Pokemon. He was always good at composing for this show, and as it went on, he kept getting better and better. It's nostalgic going back to his roots.

But really, this episode was good all around. To a lot of people, Ash himself got fixed from how he was in BW (I haven't finished BW yet, so that fix didn't have much of an impact on me), Kalos looks really nice, and the new characters got nice intros.

Fun fact: XY is currently as of this post the only saga of the show I've seen all the way through.

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
To think that it was that good from the moment Ed Goldfarb was hired to work on Pokemon. He was always good at composing for this show, and as it went on, he kept getting better and better. It's nostalgic going back to his roots.

But really, this episode was good all around. To a lot of people, Ash himself got fixed from how he was in BW (I haven't finished BW yet, so that fix didn't have much of an impact on me), Kalos looks really nice, and the new characters got nice intros.

Fun fact: XY is currently as of this post the only saga of the show I've seen all the way through.

I honestly don't think his score in XY was all that great tbh. I do think that he's improved though, especially with his work for the SM series. I really wish that the dub would use more of the Japanese bgm though :/

For me they really didn't fix Ash; they made him worse than he was in BW imo. I really don't like how the rest of the group was handled throughout the series, but I did like their introductions, particularly Serena's and Bonnie's.

Last edited:

AznKei

Dawn & Chloe by ddangbi

XY(Z) is the only region arcs that I managed to watch fully as well. But since I cared more about the companions than Ash, it was difficult to really appreciate it, to the point that I made a fan project about Serena in Hoenn since I don't trust the producers/writers to deliver things that would satfisfy me.

Leonhart

Imagineer
I suppose that Satoshi's slight change in personality in Kalos being a good thing is subjective, but I personally didn't think that he was all-that different in this episode than he was in Isshu, honestly. He seemed just as excitable and quirky to me here.

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
This episode was pretty decent for an XY episode. I found Bonnie to be annoying, but she's more tolerable than she is in the dub I guess. The battle was pretty good and I found Ash falling down the stairs and getting kicked out of the gym hilarious, as well as the group getting shocked by Pikachu. I disliked Team Rocket's appearance here, but I guess it's better than all of their appearances later on in the series.

I rate the episode 7/10

Pikachu Fan Number Nine

Don't Mess wit Texas
If that airbag had not been in play Ash would have gotten seriously hurt. That wouldn't have been a good way to start his Kalos journey.

RafaSceptile

Reviewing the Pokémon anime in 10 words or less
"What a good start for a new series, better animation"

Episode: 7/10.

Fun trivia: In Spain this episode's title was wrongly "¡Kalos, donde perdimos los sueños y las aventuras!" translated as ""Kalos, where we lost our dreams and adventures!". It was corrected later, but this was a foreshadowing for the Kalos League final

Tabasco Boshi

★★★★★
Fun trivia: In Spain this episode's title was wrongly "¡Kalos, donde perdimos los sueños y las aventuras!" translated as ""Kalos, where we lost our dreams and adventures!". It was corrected later, but this was a foreshadowing for the Kalos League final
The episode was never called like that in the actual footage. Both the text and Ash's narration was correct since the beginning. It was just a mistake in TV Pokémon's listing that lasted a few days. It's a good foreshadowing for the fall of the international version of the show though imo. But at least these first two XY episodes have a decent dub (the sneak peek version).
Except how to make a good dub
Though tbf I haven't seen many spain dubs in the recent years
Pokémon's dub in Spain has always been good. What hurts it is the garbage we are forced to use as base that comes from the US. Other great dubs suffer the same fate.

RafaSceptile

The episode was never called like that in the actual footage. Both the text and Ash's narration was correct since the beginning. It was just a mistake in TV Pokémon's listing that lasted a few days. It's a good foreshadowing for the fall of the international version of the show though imo. But at least these first two XY episodes have a decent dub (the sneak peek version).

Pokémon's dub in Spain has always been good. What hurts it is the garbage we are forced to use as base that comes from the US. Other great dubs suffer the same fate.
The Spain dub version is actually decent, but I still miss the Japanese background music which is why I usually prefer the original version Also yeah, that's why I mentioned just the title and it was corrected later, the episode was as it should be in the dub.

Morax

King of heroes
The Spain dub version is actually decent, but I still miss the Japanese background music which is why I usually prefer the original version Also yeah, that's why I mentioned just the title and it was corrected later, the episode was as it should be in the dub.
I don't watch dubs but can't they use the japanese version as a base? Why does every country need the US version for it?

Tabasco Boshi

★★★★★
I don't watch dubs but can't they use the japanese version as a base? Why does every country need the US version for it?
They have no choice, it's TPCi's decision. This will never change. We know the people in charge in the West don't care about the quality of the show, but it seems Japan doesn't care either since they let them destroy the original product. One can only hope for miracles like movies 21 and 22. Even JN045 is like a little miracle lol.

Morax

King of heroes
They have no choice, it's TPCi's decision. This will never change. We know the people in charge in the West don't care about the quality of the show, but it seems Japan doesn't care either since they let them destroy the original product.
Where's TPCi headquarters? imma burn it down :>

RafaSceptile

They have no choice, it's TPCi's decision. This will never change. We know the people in charge in the West don't care about the quality of the show, but it seems Japan doesn't care either since they let them destroy the original product. One can only hope for miracles like movies 21 and 22. Even JN045 is like a little miracle lol.
The only real downgrade is the lack of the Background Music especially in importante Moments. Other than that, the dub is OK