• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Kalos, Where Dreams and Adventures Begin! (804)

yuoke

Treasure huntin'
I wonder why no dub opening yet.

Sunglasses Krookodile

King Of The Kroks
I wonder why no dub opening yet.

It could be because its a sneak peek and the real series won't start till next year and they don't want to spoil anything just yet, it might be that the dubbers were rushed to dub the episodes so they could be shown early.

MasterJedi

Coral Eye Trainer
Ugh, Serena sounds too much like Iris. That should be the only complaint unless they make Clemont sounds like Cilan too. -_-

@MasterJedi, Is it her VA or how Iris sounded in BW002?

MasterJedi

Coral Eye Trainer
@MasterJedi, Is it her VA or how Iris sounded in BW002?

I don't honestly know but if I had to guess I would say they have the same VA. (Could be wrong on that though) I'll be hopeful and say it's also a new role and the voices will differentiate themselves more over time.

Edit: Can't complain about Clemont or Bonnie's voices so we're all good now, just need Serena's voice to differentiate itself from Iris.

Last edited:

Kinger556

In the English Dub Ash is Depicted as a 'Young Man' instead of a 10 year old and he complains about Wanting to win the Pokemon League this time around ^_^ Idk, but my Fanboyness is running wild atm xD

Tiffany

Staff member
Super Mod
Really happy with the fact that they left the music so far. It's beautiful. I really hope they don't change it later on. I was never aware with rights issues and whatnot, but if that is the case then it may change. I hope it doesn't, but if it does then we'll just accept it and move on. :)

@MasterJedi, well Eileen Stevens is who voiced Iris, so it's either a new face to the dub or someone else.

Dangow

Is it officially airing in Canada in some channel?
YTV seems to have the show, but it is the BW gen, at 12PM. :(

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
The dub voices and the dialogue is going to take some getting used to, but it' still pretty awesome so far

Blaziryu

I thought this episode was good. It's a good start to the XY saga. Though I was expecting Ash & Pikachu to pwned Clemont & Bunnelby easily.

TheFonz

Pokemon Semi-Master
This was a great start to XY! Very exciting and I couldn't stop watching! It was simple, but super effective. Ash has his fighting spirit as well as his skill back. Pikachu VS Bunnelby is how you should do a battle to showcase things. Ash and Clemont both did great!

Oh and Froakie man...he's so awesome. And just the emotion in the episode really got to me.

Only two complaints: Froakie's voice will take getting used to and why was there no theme song on CN? I hope it's just because of the preview...if there's seriously no theme song then CN has gotten even worse

yuoke

Treasure huntin'
This was a great start to XY! Very exciting and I couldn't stop watching! It was simple, but super effective. Ash has his fighting spirit as well as his skill back. Pikachu VS Bunnelby is how you should do a battle to showcase things. Ash and Clemont both did great!

Oh and Froakie man...he's so awesome. And just the emotion in the episode really got to me.

Only two complaints: Froakie's voice will take getting used to and why was there no theme song on CN? I hope it's just because of the preview...if there's seriously no theme song then CN has gotten even worse

I think no theme just for the preview, there obviously is going to be a dub theme. They probably just haven't even made it yet.

MastersOfMonsters

~Yaoi FanBoy~
How was Froakie's English voice? I've not seen these eps in English. ._.

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
Ash's fanboying like that around Kalos worries me.

But besides that, the quality of nearly everything in the anime took it several notches up, not unlike how kid-friendly Unova looked. I noticed how the dub didn't override EVERY. SINGLE. SCENE with music (unless this was one of the previews' rules as there was no theme song). For once, it's sooooooo nice to see scenes without music. It's like I'm watching a movie and they let you appreciate everything these is.

I have to agree that Serena sounds a little too close like Iris sounds, not to mention she has Dawn's face on top of that. But we're taking things too slow with her for now until she finally meets up with her new shipping companion in Ash.

Overall, this was a very nice start! Clemont's fight at least made sense since he is a Gym Leader, and nobody has depowered Pikachu (I get the feeling that net was supposed to).

Sephora

yes I'm back
So Serena and Iris sound similar? Do they have the same voice actress or what?
And I can't seem to find this episode online :/ Where did you guys seem them?