• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Kalos, Where Dreams and Adventures Begin! (804)

(P.O.K.E.M.O.N)

AshXSerena = Canon
Loved the first episode so much, the voices seem to fit every character, and bonnie just sounds soo adorable :3

It was also great to see tpci keep the original bgm :)

10/10

My initial reaction: I'M SO GLAD WOBBUFFET'S REAL RETURN EPISODE IS HERE.

My reaction still: WOBBUFFETTTTT!!

No but really. I've missed it a lot more than I probably should have... But anyways, I enjoyed the episode as a whole quite a lot. It was very entertaining and set Kalos off on a good note, imo.

Vipsoccermaster

Great debut episode for the X/Y saga! The characters are all nice to see, and Wobbuffet's return was great and hilarious. The battle between Clemont and Ash was excellent. The characters actually knew what they were doing.

Lancetwister

All-or-Nothing!
Hi guys! Sorta new at posting on these forums. Hopefully we can get along! :) Anyways getting on topic, I have to say that this first two episodes of this series was awesome!

The animation seemed pretty vivid and the dubbing is pretty okay. Bonnie's voice is going to take a little while to get used to though imo lol but other than that, it's really good!

As for the VAs, I'm pretty sure the one voicing Serena is Haven Paschall and the one for Clemont is Michael Liscio Jr.

Rating: 9/10

^Only because the English dub didn't have an opening lol

FireChick

Is it just me, or is Serena voiced by Cherami Leigh? Because for a moment she sounded like Asuna from Sword Art Online to me.

matt0044

Is it just me, or is Serena voiced by Cherami Leigh? Because for a moment she sounded like Asuna from Sword Art Online to me.

I heard a little Natsumi Hinata (and Lucy Heartfilia) in Serena but not so much.

Artherax123

Member Of SOVA
when I asked Alyson Rosenfeld about serena she said amp? could that be amy palant?

Aegon

I watched this episode today, and it wasn't bad at all. Nothing too spectacular, but a solid and entertaining start to the new saga. I don't know if I'll watch the XY series, but if the episodes to come are of a similar quality, I probably will.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
The dub was pretty good except Clemont's one line when he was saving Ash from falling.

And did anyone get caught off guard when Clemont talked to Bunnelby through the pokeball and the ball actually moved in response? It just struck me as strange since we rarely see it happen.

Yep, I found it very strange.

I liked this episode though. Great to see Wobbufett back with the Trio. I missed the guy.

Strolling

Dragon Trainer
Team Rocket their silly antics. Personally, I would love to Jesse go away :/ Or at least restyle her a bit. At least Ash gets to change clothes every season. Other than that, I loved this episode. Ash becomes friends with the gym leader and he doesn't even know it. :D

MidnightMelody

Hopeful for Gen 8
This did not even feel like Pokemon. Well that is not bad it felt more shonen and not sure why. Maybe it was due to flowing so well in both writing and animation. Usually the series feels more segmented. Hope the good work is kept up. hope the series airs early 2014 and before summer.

FYI Clemont is done by Michael Liscio, Jr. according to Pokemon wiki

Cherami Leigh is part of Funimation and will never voice anybody outside their licensed animes.

Chris Sabat,Vic Mignogna and J Micheal Tatum did. Unless you mean as a main role then idk since Michel Knotz is doing something for Funimation she said.

Last edited:

Thriller

Its almost time
Long live Wobby! Long live Wobby!

It's so great Wobby is back. Popping out of its Poke Ball, Having a part in the motto, scheming off with the rest of the Trio, using Mirror Coat to be the main battler, Jessie and James having to cover its mouth. All these antics were surely missed.

LizardonX

Banned
Yep Pikachu definitely got the offscreen reset. No way anyone can be good enough to use a freshly caught bunnelby for that long vs end of unova Pikachu. I mean just look at paul's electivire, he didn't let ground types stop him by blowing up the battlefield to make a faux stone edge, Pikachu should be more than capable of slicing through some sand, destroying the ground, and shredding the field to KO Bunnelby. Of course this is a brand new region so Pikachu lost his unova power.

I wanted to hold off on posting this until after I saw the dub to confirm.

Last edited:

MidnightMelody

Hopeful for Gen 8
Yep Pikachu definitely got the offscreen reset. No way anyone can be good enough to use a freshly caught bunnelby for that long vs end of unova Pikachu. I mean just look at paul's electivire, he didn't let ground types stop him by blowing up the battlefield to make a faux stone edge, Pikachu should be more than capable of slicing through some sand, destroying the ground, and shredding the field to KO Bunnelby. Of course this is a brand new region so Pikachu lost his unova power.

I wanted to hold off on posting this until after I saw the dub to confirm.

Assuming that he was weak when Clemont caught him. For all we know he could be as powerful as Pikachu.

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
Even to this day, I catch myself watching the first three minutes of this episode over & over again just because I LOVE this rendition of the Lumiose City theme.

moneylesswario

Gone But Not Forgotten
This episode honestly bored me to tears.

There were a few parts I liked, but they were shown in the trailers. Most of the episode was just Ash getting overexcited over every little thing until Ash and Clemont (who, along with Bonnie, didn't even get a proper introduction) battled, but then TR had to cut in. Although they weren't that annoying (they were worse in the next episode), they were still pointless.

Now, on Ash. His battling skills improved, I'll admit, but his personality annoyed more more than it ever did in BW. Excitement upon entering a new region is nothing new, but he just overreacted to every little thing, but one scene in particular that got to me was when Alexa told him her sister wasn't available (at least that's what I heard, I didn't watch the dub or the JP version with subs). Rather than just show some disappointment, he actually whines like a big baby! WTF.

Serena...why did they show her once in the beginning and then never show her again? Yes, it's a two parter, but the first part should at least stand on its own.

The opening was one of my least favorites, but I did like the ending (I can't find it anywhere :( ).

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?
Yep Pikachu definitely got the offscreen reset. No way anyone can be good enough to use a freshly caught bunnelby for that long vs end of unova Pikachu. I mean just look at paul's electivire, he didn't let ground types stop him by blowing up the battlefield to make a faux stone edge, Pikachu should be more than capable of slicing through some sand, destroying the ground, and shredding the field to KO Bunnelby.

Of course this is a brand new region so Pikachu lost his unova power.

That last part is a joke in itself, and you know it. :p

Offscreen reset? I think we can judge that after Pikachu really fights, but we'll see it in XY5 I'd guess. Clemont is shown to have had a robot when he's in the gym. So apparently he trains himself, to becoming better. I think it's likely that as an Electric-type gym leader that he's had to come up with dealing around opponents using Ground-types, and is therefore ready to use those tactics himself, and knows how to work around them as well. The fact that Clemont didn't hesitate for one second to use that tactic is proof enough that he knows how to take out the sting of an Electric type. I don't think that Pikachu had that big of a reset, more then that Ash faced a very smart gym leader that knows what the counters are to his type specialty and is therefore able to utilize them as well, regardless if his capture is new. He didn't say freshly caught, it was recently caught, meaning he may have had time to train with it.

There's a big difference between Ash facing an experienced gym leader, and being evenly matched, then Ash being flat out stomped over and over by a rookie with a starter merely moments out of the lab, regardless of Pikachu being unable of using electricity due to Zekrom.

Even to this day, I catch myself watching the first three minutes of this episode over & over again just because I LOVE this rendition of the Lumiose City theme.

Dude, the episode aired barely six days ago, not six years! Though I like the sentiment! :p

This episode honestly bored me to tears.

There were a few parts I liked, but they were shown in the trailers. Most of the episode was just Ash getting overexcited over every little thing until Ash and Clemont (who, along with Bonnie, didn't even get a proper introduction) battled, but then TR had to cut in. Although they weren't that annoying (they were worse in the next episode), they were still pointless.

Now, on Ash. His battling skills improved, I'll admit, but his personality annoyed more more than it ever did in BW. Excitement upon entering a new region is nothing new, but he just overreacted to every little thing, but one scene in particular that got to me was when Alexa told him her sister wasn't available (at least that's what I heard, I didn't watch the dub or the JP version with subs). Rather than just show some disappointment, he actually whines like a big baby! WTF.

Serena...why did they show her once in the beginning and then never show her again? Yes, it's a two parter, but the first part should at least stand on its own.

The opening was one of my least favorites, but I did like the ending (I can't find it anywhere :( ).

Bonnie and Clemont got a good introduction. If I take this episode, and the next, then I know exactly what to expect from both of them, aside from Clemont being the gym leader, which is held off on purpose. Bonnie is the excited little sister that adores her brother and is very much eager to know more and play with pokemon. Clemont is the older, geeky brother that knows a lot, and takes time to think things through.

Demonsead

Hoenn Challenger
Wait this is being dubbed already?