• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Kalos, Where Dreams and Adventures Begin! (804)

yuoke

Treasure huntin'
@Demonsead, yes the first two episodes are dubbed. Look for them online or YT. If you come back hating the voices, please don't blame me.

moneylesswario

Gone But Not Forgotten
Bonnie and Clemont got a good introduction. If I take this episode, and the next, then I know exactly what to expect from both of them, aside from Clemont being the gym leader, which is held off on purpose. Bonnie is the excited little sister that adores her brother and is very much eager to know more and play with pokemon. Clemont is the older, geeky brother that knows a lot, and takes time to think things through.

I was referring to how they just got paired up with Ash. Also, an individual episode, even if it's part of a two-parter, should stand on its own. Battle Aboard the St. Anne, Meloetta and the Undersea Temple, and A Restoration Confrontation! (Part 1) are setup episodes for the next part, but can still stand individually. If I pretend LCP doesn't exist, then XY001 falls apart for me.

wobbanut

Team Awesome
I didn't catch the sneak preview of XY because I wanted to play catchup on Pokemon episodes (I'm MONTHS behind), but I can't wait to see this episode the next time it's on, just from the pictures. Wobbuffet kicks butt here! Man, even before he left the show, when was the last time he did that?!

@wobbanut, the dubbed two episodes are on YT along with the Subbed.

Dephender

Gizakawayusu
Staff member
In English? No. any further episodes will have to wait until after BW is done. Episode 1 and 2 were a special preview.

MedievalMovies

Absolute Power
According to Meowstic from bmgf, the ratings for Pokemon on Cartoon Network:

Saturday, October 19, 2013:
[8:30am] Pokémon BW: Adventures in Unova and Beyond (The Journalist from Another Region!): 1,389,000
[11:00am] Pokémon the Movie: Kyurem vs. The Sword of Justice: 1,240,000
[12:30pm] Genesect and the Legend Awakened: 1,386,000
[2:00pm] Pokémon the Series: XY (Kalos, Where Dreams and Adventures Begin!): 1,517,000
[2:30pm] Pokémon the Series: XY (Lumiose City Pursuit!): 1,537,000

[8:30am] Pokémon BW: Adventures in Unova and Beyond (The Journalist from Another Region!): 1,389,000
[11:00am] Pokémon the Movie: Kyurem vs. The Sword of Justice: 1,240,000
[2:00pm] Pokémon the Series: XY (Kalos, Where Dreams and Adventures Begin!): 1,517,000

Not bad, each are in the million mark.

NPT

Just a member

Uh ....... "The Journalist from Another Region!" aired on October 12, not October 19. "Mystery on a Deserted Island!" aired on October 19.

[11:00am]
Pokémon the Movie: Kyurem vs. The Sword of Justice: 1,240,000

Not bad. As expected, "Lumiose City Pursuit" got the highest rating.

Last edited:

Sprinter1988

I liked this episode. It felt like Ash and Clemont were evenly matched in their battle. I know some people don't like that, but at least it was better than getting humiliatingly crushed by a Snivy. I also liked the little "Vs" screen that came up just before they battled. I hope that stays in for all future important battles. I also hope that Clemont is eventually shown to own another pokemon as it is heavily hinted that he is the Gym Leader, yet only has a recently caught Bunnelby.
TR turning up was annoying, but at least Wobbuffet got some time to shine! I just hope that they won't be appearing in every single episode.
Serena seemed interesting, though we only got a brief look at her. I hope we get to find out what her real goal is soon.

Everlasting

Everything stays.
I was wondering something... When BW ends and XY is about to start, is this episode going to be the first XY episode shown or are we going to skip to the third ?

luigiis

Luck of Penguins
When I saw the first battle of the X and Y season I thought that it was so cool compared to the other seasons.

Emiko-Gale

Clemont and Bonnie are adorable!

I haven't been so excited to watch the pokemon anime in so long...For some reason I just wasn't really interested in the Black and White anime.

TheMewster

Pokémon Connoisseur
So Serena was just in the beginning waking up while Ash met Clemont & Bonnie then had a battle which Team Rocket interrupted.
Most of their goals weren't revealed yet (except for Ash duh) since it's just the first episode of this series...
but I would have to say, Clemont looks like a bada** nerd, Bonnie has that innocent cute trait of a little girl and Froakie was just awesome!
For a season premiere episode, I would give it a 3/5 :)

P.S. Serena's mom looks nothing like Serena! XD

I felt that this episode was quite good but Ash seemed a bit too childish in this episode compared to how I thought he would be. Bonnie and Clemont were fine.4/5

Milennin

*hugs Absol*
What is this sorcery? A Pokémon anime episode that's actually enjoyable to watch? No way. But... it kind of was enjoyable actually. Production quality seemed to be way above the average, most likely due to it being the introduction of a new region if I had to guess (never seen the intros to the other regions, though). The art, animation and voice acting was pretty acceptable even. Team Rocket managed to put up somewhat of a fight before blasting off again. Was great to hear some of the gen VI music in the anime, sounds really good. I just have this... feeling that the anime will take a massive nosedive after the first few episodes in Kalos and return to its same old, same old approach with fillers all over the place, with bottom-tier animation quality, and Team Rocket ruining every potentially interesting fight.

Arceusgamer14

Great start up for Clamont & Bonnie! And I love how Serena got her introduction first with the "Good Morning, Crono" routine like her Game counterpart did in the games where you were woken up by your mom's Fletchling!