• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Kalos, Where Dreams and Adventures Begin! (804)

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
When has this series ever silenced the background music. There is background music always going on.

In fact, when this episode originally debuted as an early showing, the background music during Sycamore's Lab was silent. It actually enhanced the conversation.

RafaSceptile

When has this series ever silenced the background music. There is background music always going on.

In fact, when this episode originally debuted as an early showing, the background music during Sycamore's Lab was silent. It actually enhanced the conversation.
Yeah but I feel like the japanese background music is usually better, mainly during important moments like battles or tension moments like Team Flare arc.

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!
Pokémon's dub in Spain has always been good. What hurts it is the garbage we are forced to use as base that comes from the US. Other great dubs suffer the same fate.
I was just meming about stuff like Onda Vital lol (though I've heard that was fixed for the modern DB stuff)

RafaSceptile

If by the second episode you don't see anything wrong about a 10-year old jumping to his death with no contingency plan whatsoever...anime!Arceus help you.
This reminds me of an episode of a TV program in my country were a young girl jumped to his death by a celular...so I guess fictional characters have this tendency

That is understandable but still very irrelevant, Ash have this tendency to expose his life unnecesarily plenty of times in XY, and in SM he did it once (during SM19)
It’s not suicide. Every time he’s trying to save his Pokemon.

Sham

The Guardian of Ruin and Birth
Ash was trying to save Pikachu bro. There’s nothing about suicide.
It was a hyperbole. The scene was odd though I’ll stand by that. How did Ash plan to save Pikachu? Even if theoretically Ash was offed first from the fall Pikachu still would of been impacted from the fall considering his arms wouldn’t of been able to break it. If Meyer didn’t step in Ash would of essentially saved nobody and just would of been killed with Pikachu.

Sham

I don't think you would think straight either when the most important thing in your life is falling down. Was Ash supposed to just let Pikachu fall to his death? That's his best buddy there, the most important person to him. You guys viewing it as him trying to commit suicide along with Pikachu rather than let it die alone is what's sick
You are right. It was a poor joke and I’ve edited the post. I’m not sure if I come off as a cynic here but I don’t believe it would be the right thing to jump and attempt to save a person/thing if they’re falling in that particular circumstance. How is this of help? I’m sure Pikachu wouldn’t want Ash to be offed with him.

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Deluded Dreamer
You are right. It was a poor joke and I’ve edited the post. I’m not sure if I come off as a cynic here but I don’t believe it would be the right thing to jump and attempt to save a person/thing if they’re falling in that particular circumstance. How is this of help? I’m sure Pikachu wouldn’t want Ash to be offed with him. Even if you aren’t thinking straight I would think self preservation would kick in and tell you not to jump off a building without a plan.
It wouldn't be of any help no, but logic and all is usually thrown out the window in such circumstances. I don't think Ash could ever let Pikachu just fall on his own, he's too impulsive to be logical in such a situation

Sham

It wouldn't be of any help no, but logic and all is usually thrown out the window in such circumstances. I don't think Ash could ever let Pikachu just fall on his own, he's too impulsive to be logical in such a situation
True Ash is impulsive. I guess my critique about the scene was “who is this for?”. Like we know Ash loves Pikachu but do we really need to know he’s willing to be offed for him? Obviously this goes beyond our conversation and questioning why the scene happened is different from why Ash did it. I do understand your point though. I’m sure his fight or flight kicked in as you said.

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Deluded Dreamer
True Ash is impulsive. I guess my critique about the scene was “who is this for?”. Like we know Ash loves Pikachu but do we really need to know he’s willing to be offed for him? Obviously this goes beyond our conversation and questioning why the scene happened is different from why Ash did it. I do understand your point though. I’m sure his fight or flight kicked in as you said.
To set up an epic entrance for Blaziken Mask I imagine, and to just have a cool shouen esque scene to make the episode feel more epic and set the scale for this series (which is the most ambitious yet I'd say, regardless of its failures)