• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Kangashkan Underrated?

BlazeXX

WisdomTree Trainer
I mean really, Kangashkan is a good Pokemon (Fake out + Outrage). They are commonly forgotten because their lack of defence but they are strong Pokemon. Do you agree that they shouldnt be forgotten?

Sonic Boom

@JohanSSB4 Twitter
It's more the fact that everything Kangaskhan can do, other Pokemon, particularly Snorlax, can do better. Kangaskhan is indeed a powerful Pokemon, but it's outclassed by other Pokemon, whether by stats alone, or an even better/more utilized movepool.

Xerudic

Pokemon addict [:
I agree that they shouldn't be forgotten. Because I'm a huge fan with Kangaskhan, almost every team I make consists of her. Maybe Kangaskhan is UU because people just take a look at the stats and just consider her as a weakling. But, I also think that they consider her as an UU is because people don't know what she can do. Such as what you've mentioned before, Fake Out + Outrage = DEADLY.

BlazeXX

WisdomTree Trainer
yes i have used her competitevely and swept a whole team with one.

Joe the evilfox

ಠ_ಠ...
Like Sonic Boom said, Kangashkan is outclassed by other Pokemon that can do the same job only better. The same goes for some other Pokemon, for example Swellow being outclassed by Staraptor in terms of stats and it's movepool.

BlazeXX

WisdomTree Trainer
Hey in a battle right now and im using a Swellow and i just Ko'd a Vaporeon with Facade. Pokemon can be outclassed becuase there are more weaker Pokemon then stronger ones but Kangshkan are good but poeple just dont notice how much better they are than others.

weirdy

PokeBreeder Willis
no its OVERrated. hes not worth the trouble of catching in the safari zone when you can catch 3 snorlaxes that out class him. i spent sooo long trying to get one just to find out it sucked.

Nebbio

NINJA!
Its is underated. I have used it only 3 times but it is amazing. Snorlax is better though.

Nebbio

NINJA!
Its is underated. I have used it only 3 times but it is amazing. Snorlax is better though.

BlazingTrainer

They should just make her evolve into something that looks better and with better moves. Honestly, it just sucks the way it is right now either way. It should just evolve in the next generation into something tougher and cooler to look at.

zandgaia

*Gasp* He's back!
outrage on Kanga isn't really the best, since Scrappy+STAB Return hits more (and dragons aren't used in UU/NU except for Alteria) whilst Outrage leaves you helpless when confused. and then fact you can't switch out whilst using outrage is also a downside....

Jinakuus

"Ultra Guru"
I think it is a really, really good pokemon but I think it is hard to catch which almost alone makes it a UU pokemon.

Ampy

Light The Stars
Yeah it is, kinda like Gallade, why the heck is it BL? It has a great move-pool pretty much no counters and the only downside of it is it's speed... and I didn't like Kangaskan's new design, she looked better in FRLG, but she's still good

Skaisdead

Movers and Shakers
Kangaskhan, like has been said, is simply outclassed by other Pokemon. Snorlax surprisingly learns outrage via move tutor.

The same argument can be made about Pinsir. Pinsir used to be considered better than Heracross, but with the addition of Swords Dance as a TM, Heracross overthrew it. If Pinsir could learn Megahorn, it would probably fare much better than it currently does.

Nebbio

NINJA!
Yeah but Heracross is better anyway.

They should make Kangashkans baby into an atual Pokemon.

Skaisdead

Movers and Shakers
Yeah but Heracross is better anyway.

They should make Kangashkans baby into an atual Pokemon.

This has been discussed literally since Red and Blue came out. It's fairly unlikely, and Kangaskhan will probably continue to be born with a baby already in it's pouch. Perhaps with the inclusion of a male Kangaskhan counterpart, this would be possible, but I'm not holding my breath.