• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Kanto Ash vs Hoenn Ash

Who will win

• Kanto

Votes: 7 24.1%
  • Hoenn

Votes: 16 55.2%
  • i want my 10 bucks bro

Votes: 6 20.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Kanto Ash:
Bulbasaur
Lapras
Charizard
Muk
Snorlax
Pidgeot

VS

Hoenn Ash:
Sceptile
Torkoal
Glalie
Swellow
Corphish
Pikachu

Who will win

10 BUCKS ON KANTO

Shooti

Uber Trainer
If you are comparing Ash's kanto and Hoenn pokemon teams, then I'd say the kanto team has slight advantage because of charizard, pidgeot, snorlax and lapras. I think lapras is the best water type Ash has got so far.

But, I'm more interested in comparing personalities of Ash in Kanto and Hoenn. I personally liked the matured Ash of Hoenn more. He stopped relying on Brock and mentored a newbie on his own. I found it a nice twist which helped revive my interest in pokemon which kind of seemed to have lost during Johto. So I voted Hoenn Ash.

BlueDragonfangirl

Both Kanto and AG Pokemon are really strong, Kanto Pokemon have been training a bit longer so yah they might be well. Character wise, I like them all.

GetOutOfBox

Original Series Fan
Don't know why you made two seperate threads, you could have done: "Kanto vs Sinnoh vs Hoenn Ash" :p

I liked Kanto Ash the most. Because of nostalgia. Pretty much no other reason. Hoenn Ash had the coolest costume, though the BW costume is my favorite, but it's kind of just a revised version of his Hoenn clothes.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
His Kanto team was superior to his Hoenn team IMO. It's just too bad that we'll never get to see a battle between both groups of Pokemon :c

Dax

Legend
I imagine that since you listed his team members you are referring to what group of pokemon you liked better. Hoenn team was and still is my favorite team from Ash. Glalie, Swellow , Sceptile and Torkoal were golden!

mycooly

Banned
Kanto bro
I mean his kanto team beat the battle frontier in hoenn :p

Blazicken

Sex on fire
but his battling sucked balls in kanto,
hoen shows he got a lot better.
team-wise it's kanto
Ash-wise it's easily hoen

I-am-the-peel

Justice Forever
Kanto Ash:
Bulbasaur
Lapras
Charizard
Muk
Snorlax
Pidgeot

VS

Hoenn Ash:
Sceptile
Torkoal
Glalie
Swellow
Corphish
Pikachu

Who will win

10 BUCKS ON KANTO

Is it really fair to give hoenn pikachu but not give kanto pikachu?
Your forgetting several pokemon from Kanto and the way I see it:
Sceptile is the main powerhouse
Torkoal is insanely weak and terrible
Glalie is good but not perfect
Swellow is the same as Glalie
Corpish is pretty much normal, not really bad but not really good
And Pikachu is pikachu
Bulbasaur is a good powerhouse though not as good as sceptile
Lapras is alright though Squirtle is better
Charizard is the same as sceptile
Muk is alright I guess, same as corpish
Snorlax is the same as charizard and sceptile
Pidgeot is the same but might not be as great at charizard and sceptile.

So overall, Kanto by a lot. Hoenn was the worst gen and the only good things to come out from it were sceptile, glalie and pikachu learning volt tackle (Even though it forgot it :()

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
So overall, Kanto by a lot. Hoenn was the worst gen and the only good things to come out from it were sceptile, glalie and pikachu learning volt tackle (Even though it forgot it :()

Hoenn was the worst gen? Compared to his weak Johto team aside from Heracross or even what BW is so far? The Hoenn saga pretty much revived the anime and set it in its current direction.

It also did exactly what the fans wanted, and finally had Ash evolving his pokemon for the first time.

Status
Not open for further replies.