• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Kanto or Hoenn.

Tiisko

Hoenn and Kanto appealled to me, I can see why FRLG had to recreate the original RBY and couldn't do much except update graphics and the computer interface and yes because they stuck close to the original plot with not many changes (such as Moltres not being encountered at the end of Victory Road) and the added extras of the islands including encountering johto pokemon.

As for Hoenn the map was original, it didn't have to live up to a generational legend of a game and it didn't need to be remastered to appeal to a younger generation and to the original generation that played its predecessor. The pokemon was original, even if the fire pokemon was limited in wild encounters. I've owned all RSE and FrLg and I like playing both games, both of them have their quirks, pros and cons. I must admit I've restarted my hoenn game more times than FrLg, the hoenn region holds my record of the quickest time to complete story mode (at 16hrs, obviously without cheats)

Ausgirl

Hoenn because the climate is more interesting, the rain and thunder was cool and I liked the contests etc. Fingers crossed for a remake.

Archangel Azazel

Fallen Angel
Kanto... Hoenn was too frustrating in with too much water )x I liked the climate change but I would go with Kanto since I like its music a bit more and .. less water XP

Hoenn for sure. It took me years to finally finish off FR, and as such, having started again and again, Kanto feels just boring to me. True, it is a good reigon, but I certainly prefer Hoenn.

Fabulous Ampharos

Pokemon Breeder :3
Hoenn, as the gym leaders present more of a challenge.

miu miu

I like both of them but I prefer the Hoehn region because there are more pokemon, contests, and the graphics are nicer. ^^

Cutty

Forever now
As much as I like Hoenn, I'm gonna say Kanto as it is classic n has not much water area.

Jaguartail

Kanto. Despite Hoenn's longer gameplay, the Hoenn region ruined itself by taking away second-gen features such as day and night.

OceanicLanturn

Non non non!
Hoenn hands down, any day.

Kanto is too small of a region. Compared to sinnoh, unova or hoenn, kanto seems tiny. FRLG was a disappointment since it'd been better to me if they threw in johto as well. But noooo! They just had to add the sevii islands, which practically has no uses except adventure.

Compared to Emerald or even ruby and sapphire, FRLG has little replayability as there's nothing fun. It's sort of back to Gen 1. Honestly, FRLG was a disappointment to me... since I'm not the "nostalgic' person.

To me it's...
Sinnoh > Hoenn > Unova > Johto > Kanto

Yeah, honestly, I'm not in any way satisfied with Kanto.

Nitocrys

Because I'm Happy.
I have to say Hoenn.
I have Sapphire, FR and LG, but Sapphire's the funnest.

~EternalDarkness~

Ghost Type User
I'm going with Kanto, mostly because Firered was my first game. Though Hoenn was memorable in its own right. Only downside is the amount of water...

Deadrose

Terrakion Lord
Kanto is my third favorite region, but I wasn't really a fan of Hoenn. Although, Hoenn is better than Sinnoh. A remake of R/S/E might make Hoenn more enjoyable.

I'm a devoted Hoenn fan. It was my favorite region and my favorite batch of Pokemon. Kanto was awesome, but there is no competition which one is my favorite.

MetalSonic

Orderan' Defendan'
I like Hoenn. The whole atmosphere and music that accompanied the region made it really memorable. Idk, Kanto was alright but it just didn't have all that much going for it in those departments.

Durbe

I'm tired
Hoenn. I love the climate for some odd reasons. Also, the towns/cities were much more interesting compared to Kanto.
I do like Kanto as well, but it's just... Not too well compared to Hoenn, imo.