• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Kanto or Hoenn.

I think Hoenn is better. Hoenn was fun, fresh, and feels completely new every time you play it. Not only that, but there was so much to do once you beat the Pokemon League. Hoenn is what Sinnoh tried to be, only Sinnoh failed epically. IMO the reigons go: Johto(containing Kanto), Hoenn, Kanto, Johto(by itself), Sinnoh. in my opinion, most of Gen IV sucked. sepecially Combee. but i'm not going to start that flame war, especially because i loved a lot about Gen IV. But compared to ther others...

rekreatur

Hoenn, sadly, has the dreaded sea route between Mosdeep and Sootopolis that just spams and spams and spams annoying water types.

It's called a Max Repel.

I prefer Hoenn. Unless you count in the Sevii Islands, then they're tied. There just seems to be more things to do.

TeraDyne

Pocket Monsters Fan
As much as I love 3rd Gen Kanto, I have to go with Hoenn, more specifically Emerald's Hoenn. I absolutely LOVE the tropical region, and all of the different terrain in it. I especially love Fortree City, with it's mix of human living and nature. With the Battle Frontier, Trainer Hill, Contests, Battle Tents, Safari Zone Expansion, and Mini-Game House, it's got a LOT to do. Not to mention how it handles Secret Bases, and makes them a part of the world.

Kanto FTW!

PaleoPhoenix

Protector of Nature
Hoenn, my absolute favorite land. Route 119 is my favorite route of any game and Hoenn has all of my favorite Pokemon.

Sweeney Todd

...with passion. ♥
This is a very tough decision, but in the end, I would have to go with Hoenn. It was the first region I ever played through and it will always be the best in my eyes, especially Emerald.

Sephiroth_Strife

I think Hoenn is better than Kanto. It does have that more adventurous feel to it, as well as the awesome underwater routes. I enjoyed Kanto a little more when I was back in third grade and first started playing Red version.

Kaika

Haters gonna hate
My vote goes to Kanto, because I've found Hoenn to be incredibly boring. (despite popular opinion)

cieux

banned
i like kanto. there's something really classical about it... but i like hoenn a lot, too. hoenn's nice and tropical... but i prefer the more urban feel of kanto.

Skwog

PurpleHaze
-cough- Orre -cough-

Hoenn definitely was more refreshing in that generation, seeing as Kanto was just remake and expanded a bit. Hoenn was a new frontier, ready to be explored.

I personally prefer Hoenn, as I found Kanto to be rather boring. Hoenn is, in my opinion, the most unique region to be created so far. I like the tropical feel, and the water routes really aren't that bad to me. I loved to dive underwater and was disappointed when they removed that feature. It was something different and made traveling more challenging while also giving you something interesting to do.

I like the Hoen region for exploring and I liked the terrian of Hoen; however, I love the Kanto Pokemon (they are some of my favorite by far). I like them both though.

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
I liked Kanto, but I'm going to have to give it to Hoenn because of its sheer size and diverse terrain. Although I will say most of the Hoenn pokemon feel kind of bland.

Kyukon_Mars

I enjoy both but Hoenn is more interesting and varied than Kanto. I like being able to travel underwater and the different climates among the areas in Hoenn. I do still love Kanto for nostalgic purposes but since it's been in every generation, it gets a bit old.

Charoshi

Charmander is best
It is a bit close for me. I'd love to go Kanto for nostalgia's sake, but I;m going to have to vote Hoenn, excluding all the Ocean. I love water and all, but that was a bit much

(Well) Then

It's Lesson Time!
Hoenn was an awesome adventure for the 3rd gen. I love Hoenn because of the terrain and numerous things to do, I loved the exploration of the Sea Routes. Ruby version was my first game, too xP.

blaze boy

Aka SamuraiDon
Kanto hands down for me. Although I did like Hoenn I found it to be boring (but just me).

Gladeshadow

I really like Hoenn and it's got alot of cool stuff but i love Kanto. I think the gyms, pokemon and places to explore are awesome.