• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Kanto or Hoenn.

The_Boss_Giygas

I. F.E.E.L. G.O.O.D.
I like Kanto Anime wise much more it was funnier and cooler I guess cause it was brand new at the time. But I like Hoenn game wise and I like the pokemon lines a bit more, plus region wise Tropical is my fave and it's varied with deserts and water routes and many islands. Hoenn overall is my favorite Kanto 2nd.

Hmm neither really jump out at me like Sinnoh does, but I supposed Hoenn since it has cooler looking Dragon types, my favorite types.

KeshanAmare

The Dark Shadow
Hoenn all the way. Kanto is okay, but I haven't played much of it. Hoenn is more adventurous and it also has the Battle Frontier (in Emerald). Hoenn is more interesting as well (the storyline). Especially the bit in Sootopolis [Groudon VS Kyogre].

Serebii!

I started with the 3rd gen and I prefered the Kanto reigon more than Hoenn. Hoenn has more stuff which I like maybe if they remake it will be better

PokePika22

that is a tough one ,but I have to say hoenn.I started with the 3rd gen. And with emerald, and the storyline, and pokemon, battle frontier ..... awsome!!!

DaAuraWolf

I’m Back...
I would have to go with Hoenn all the way.It had Tropical like areas and the ability dive underwater was a nice addition to the games.Kanto was more like a revist of the games with the most hype over glitches that don`t have them present this time around.The only time I would Kanto is durning the II gen remakes in the IV gens game.But on track again,Hoenn was better more in Emerald than RS.

chihuahuaowner

Hoenn. I like the cool features that they brought! They brought almost all the best pokemon! Lots of people say they like kanto more cause they started there. Yet half the pokes they use are from Hoenn!

Cyaeron

Hoenn.. Kanto was pretty much a town, then a city, then another town.
But Hoenn was cool. It had a volcano, and Fortree City, and Sootopolis.. goodness, Sootopolis was neat. xD I liked that the E4 actually had a city, even if it wasn't exactly a city, more of a Pokemon center, a cave, and the Plateau. Regardless.. I think Hoenn also had better Pokemon. The starters weren't my favorite, but Pokemon like Aggron, Exploud, Metagross and Flygon are awesome.

Swampert_trainer

Laughs at thunder
Hoenn is a lot more fun to travel around. There's a beach, a volcano, a lift to the top of the volcano, a hot spring, and a bunch of great cities like Fortree.

Kanto's cities are all pretty generic and there aren't many natural land marks. It's quite plain.

Edit: Rank up!

Last edited:

BlueMage

Hoenn definitely. I live in Puerto Rico, and when I played Ruby back when I was in elementary school, I immediately felt drawn to Hoenn's landscape. It's very similar to where I live, and the exotic locals such as the desert, volcano, and rainforests made for one of the most fun and interesting regions to explore.

Kanto is still amazing, though, and for what was the first region in the series, they certainly did a great job designing it with numerous interesting landmarks.

Call me nostalgic (or old-school, or Ishmael), but I have to give it up to Kanto. Simplicity I find often has a greater appeal towards me, but the big decider comes from the fact that Kanto was the region that first introduced myself (and likely many others) to Pokemon.

Call me nostalgic (or old-school, or Ishmael), but I have to give it up to Kanto. Simplicity I find often has a greater appeal towards me, but the big decider comes from the fact that Kanto was the region that first introduced myself (and likely many others) to Pokemon.