• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Kanto or Hoenn.

saar

Shiny Flygon
For me - Hoenn. Especially because of the plot, loved the Teams/Gyms/Contest much more than Kanto.
Of course Kanto was good, but not as the Hoenn region.:)

Beebar234

Hoenn. I started with it in Emerald, but still.
I liked Kanto, but it was kind of plain and repetitive.
Even though I've played through Hoenn dozens of times, I will never get bored of it.
This should have been a poll.

tom-tom

Furret <3
I am going to have to go with Kanto, just because the nostalgia. I thought that Hoenn was very good as well, better than Sinnoh, but just not big enough. Kanto was always great, but when FR/LG came out with the Sevi Islands, I really began to love Kanto.

Shadow Tepi 8

Prince of Blue
I reckon Hoenn was better than Kanto. Personally, I found the plot in Hoenn to be far more deep and interactive than Kanto's plot. The environments in Hoenn also appeal to me due to their variations, such as Mt. Chimney, the desert area in Route 111 and the numerous sea routes with many dive spots.

Psynergy

Strong Winds
Staff member
Super Mod
hoenn, without a doubt. i liked hoenn pokemon more than any other pokemon, and it has a better battle frontier than 4th gen.

BlueJay93

Hoenn

I started becoming a poke freak during the 3rd generation and always liked the hoenn region. The only let down of Ruby and Sapphire is that you cant catch many classic pokemon and have to trade from Fire Red and Leaf Green. I also like the fact that hoenn is a tropical region(I like Tropic terrain). If I were to live in hoenn, however, I would pick verdanturf town because of its tranquility. I hope game freak makes a new and improved remake of ruby and sapphire during the 5th genertion!

crystalzapdos

J.J. Swatt
Hoenn. The areas are better. Desert,dive,and the cave with the tides. Though in kanto it was alot easier to level up.

Heldigunner1

lime in the coconut
if i had to pick. I would say Hoenn, for a number of reasons:
1)Intro of both contests and BF
2) In my opinion the hoenn game had the hardest gym leader, Norman. at least he's hard if your unprepared.
3) Having two bad teams made it less dry.
4) The land had an interesting layout. Adding in weather conditions, etc. was nice.
5) good E4 and final champ.

However, Johto is still my favorite.

Hoenn because it is different from other regions.

truthwillsetyoufree

Hermione can't draw.
Ive always liked both. Kanto was the original, although my first game was Sapphire. I like playing both and find both to be a lot of fun. Although if I hadto pick, Hoenn, the pokemon are all just original and cool and the gym leaders and E4 members are great. Kanto just falls a little flat, but is still a great game. Oh and theres no contest in Kanto.....not cool.....

Magcargo96

I love this avvy
Hoenn. By far.
Hoenn is my favorite region until now. It was a little bit tropic, wich I loved, but also the variety. It has some big city's (Rustburo, Mauville), some small towns (Littleroot, Oldale, Verdanturf) some exotic town's (Lavaridge!), some islands (Dewford, Mossdeep), and my personal favorite, some water city's (Pacifildoc, Sootopolis).

Also, there were some forest's, an ice cave, and a meteor cave.

There were also some pokemon wich I liked the most of all pokemon regions. Most of my favorite poké's came from Hoenn.

There was introduced some new thing to do: Contests!
Also some small things wich I enjoyed like the two evo's from Wurmple, a cool team (IMO), Secret Base's, and more.

It also contained some things wich were worse then in R/B/Y or G/S/C.
There were the worst trio in this game; the Regi's.
I thought it was some little bit too hard to discover them, and, I think that a full defensive trio was some little bit to much.
I like defensive poké's, but not when it's one full trio of defensive poké's.

And I thought that Groudon, Kyogre and Rayquaza were better then the other box mascots.

Dark Arceus

Worst. Name. Ever.
I agree that Hoenn was quite impressive; it was quite innovative in its design and I especially like Pacifidlog town. However, Kanto (having appeared in every generation to date) does provide a sense of nostalgia (the sleeping Snorlax, Silph Co., the Game Corner) and quite a good sideplot as well, and although in my opinion neither compare to Johto, Kanto just edges it for me.

xxDanixx

Personally, Hoenn is one of my favorites. It was the first one I actually played (I had the original gold and yellow, but I was too little to actually play), so it's kind of sentimental for me. I also thought this had the coolest batch of starters and so much more to it overall.

Personally, Hoenn is one of my favorites. It was the first one I actually played (I had the original gold and yellow, but I was too little to actually play), so it's kind of sentimental for me. I also thought this had the coolest batch of starters and so much more to it overall.
I don't know...
Johto is my favorite but I still thoroughly enjoy Hoenn and I'm still playing it!
As for the starters, excellent. Mudkip finishes as a ground water so it pwnz, and Blaziken is very fast but it's a fighting fire-type which is great. As far as Treeko goes, I HATE Sceptile but love the two others. The starters themselves have excellent types by the end, nothing really compares. I mean you have Charizard as Flying-Fire and Venusaur as Grass-Poison but it really doesn't compare to Ground-Water and Fighting-Fire. My favorite starters-the Pokemon themselves w/ no evolutions and not counting types- have to be Johto. I just love em` all :D
But as types go, and final evolutions: Hoenn is the best, hands-down.

Saph

Rapscallion
Hoenn is still the best region, Kanto has a lot of memories but as a region is very plain.

FlameRose

Hoeeeeeeeeeeeeen!

Great geography, lovely pokemon variety, more interesting NPC's, just generally better in my opinion.