1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Kanto: Perfect...not really.

Discussion in 'Pokémon Animé Discussion' started by Korobooshi Kojiro, Feb 13, 2007.

1. Maestro Kinético

Maestro Kinético Well-Known Member

No, it was just lets save the world for the villain that tries to steal the legendary Pokemon.

Yeah, IMO it does, but it's not perfect. I can see that.

I thought you celebrated that as well. We wear disguises and we stay awake all the night.

I don't know, I think it desreves what they say. I have never seen a better animé season, and I was very suprised that a franchise aimed for kids had that deep content.

2. Korobooshi Kojiro

Korobooshi Kojiro Funnnngaaaaa

What movie are you referring to by that?

WAIT? Are you saying Kanto is the best season of ANY ANIME you have ever seen?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA....yeah...that's real funny dude.

3. Maestro Kinético

The rest.

It may be funny for you, but for me it's true. Pokemon is the anime franchise that I love most, so it's logical that I prefer it's anime. Kanto had both things, good writing and my favourite franchise. It's like if I say 'You like Mikaruge and Nostache? Hahahaha very funny'. But I'm not like that.

4. Korobooshi Kojiro

No, instead you friggin whine about it in multiple posts. 0.o
    And then act all high and mighty if people like them.

A girl losing both her parents, and finding power in a figment of her imaginationm, which she believes to be her father, brought to life by Unown.

A boy who was ripped from his time zone, and transported fourty years into the future, and wants to find a way to get back and help Celebi.

Guardians of a city, one who dies trying to protect it and ascends to heaven.

A man obessesed with revenge, so far that he goes to hurting the one he loves...but realizes he doesn't need revenge.

A boy, involved in a childhood accident, afraid to even touch Pokemon ends up helping save a city.

Yup, no content in those. XD

You sure don't act like it, what with random bashing of everything post-Kanto. You only love the first season, and consider everything else to be trash.

And it's damn true, Pokemon is exceeded by countless Anime. This is not even a debate.

Now Pokemon is my favorite anime (all seasons), but I sure as hell know it ain't (or even close) to the best.

Last edited: Feb 18, 2007
  5. Maestro Kinético

And? That's not wrong, I have the right to whine, this is a forum. But you don't have the right to laugh at people.

Yup, no content in those. XD

Of course they have a plot, but there's a difference between plot and content. Those are just the filler plots for the main purpose 'save the legendary Pokemon from the villain'.

As I stated in my post I don't thing everything else is trash, it just lost its quality. And in D/P it doesn't even have content. For me Pokemon is the best anime, it's the one that I like most and that's the best for me. No one will convince me that it isn't. Because for me it is.

6. Ash6K

Ash6K 8D

Movies 3 and 7 have the legendaries as being more antagonistic like Entei or Deoxys so really, the purpose for those movies isn't save the pokemon from some villain...just some other kind of plot.

Anyway, as for the topic...Kanto, I like it...but I don't think it should be THE best. It's an ok season, a good way to start the show. I mean after AG's run, you could already tell that AG is the best season. Look, Ash's team all evolved/at final forms sans Corphish (no need to mention Pika here). All of his AG pokemon turned out to be powerhouses as well. There was major character development (i.e. May and her rivals) and the gym battles/frontier battles were one of the best!

So AG, and D/P as well are better than Kanto. Again, Kanto is nice...but it isn't the best season.

7. Korobooshi Kojiro

Have you friggin watched those movies? I'm guessing not.

It's annoying when you consider your own Fake Pokemon (who probably suck) better then the actual 4th Gen Ones (which isn't true), and believe GF will take your designs (lol) and make them real.

And you don't just whine, you ***** to high heaven.

And thinking Pokemon is the best anime ever = getting laughed at, just preparing you for the real world.

And I wasn't even laughing at you, but the fact that "Kanto exceeds all other anime".

Last edited: Feb 18, 2007
  8. Maestro Kinético

I've sent you a PM to avoid offtopic.

I have, and they can't compare to the 1st one. Just like IMO AG can't compare to kanto, not to mention Johto. I think they made too much seasons.

9. Korobooshi Kojiro

AG worse then Johto?

AG and Johto both had strengths and weaknesses, as did Kanto.

And the other movies DEFINATELY can compare to Movie 1, easily in fact.

10. Absolute_zero

Absolute_zero Really?

I actually like Kanto the most, probably because it was the shortest important season with the least filler in it. AG could have surpassed Kanto with flying colors if it stop having so much boring filler. As much I love Johto, Johto was the season that made me lose faith in pokemon with its ridiculously huge amount of fillers. D/P is still too early to judge. So overall, Kanto had the best aspects.

11. King Charizard

King Charizard Well-Known Member

Kanto is the best saga so far.Sure the battles are nothing like the battles we see now but this was were Ash kicked off as a trainer and after this saga Ash matured.As you see he won the Orange League.He made it to the top 8 in Johto and Hoenn and he won the Battle Fronteir after being embarrased in the Kanto League becuase Charizard didn't obey him.This saga developed Ash into the trainer he is today.

12. This post coming from someone named King CHARIZARD.

It's easy to spot purists, is it not?

13. Heracross

Heracross Custom User Title

I don't especially feel like reading everything said in here, and I'm not at all in a debating mood, so what I'll say is this:

Every saga has something that distinguishes it from the others, and what Kanto had is what I prefer. The great majority of my favorite moments and episodes are from Kanto, and while it did indeed have its mediocre episodes, even those hold a special meaning for me. I am admittedly biased by nostalgia, and I see no reason why that should be a negative thing. The fact is I enjoy Kanto the most, and that's the only thing that matters.

14. Maestro Kinético

And that makes his opinon invalid or something?

I meant that Johto and AG are worse than Kanto IMO.

15. Purists tend to have a bad sense of logic. Yes I know that that's a generalization, but it's true in about 8 or 9 out of 10 cases, so I go by it.

16. CharizardMaster

CharizardMaster Belgian Waffles!!!

Kanto did have some good episodes but it's not as good as the AG.

17. Yamato-san

Yamato-san I own the 5th gen

didn't Advanced Battle start off with some of the worst fillers in Houen (Huntail and Sakurabyss, for example). Meh, whatever. I haven't really followed the anime by dub season titles for a long time.

since when was there supposed to be anything deep and meaningful in the first place? The anime has had, and always will have, one purpose: to advertise an already popular video game franchise and showcase several of its features as much as possible. On occasion, it'll churn out something a bit more meaningful than that, but for the majority of the time, what the f*** do you expect? As Korobooshi Kojiro said, do you actually go in expecting some sort of Shakespearian masterpiece? And since you're obviously gonna make some biased reply to this, let me just say: Kantou DID have its pointless, cheap-shot-at-advertising moments (several of them in fact... I'd say those starters that Satoshi had are proof of that), and subsequent sagas DID have good moments, so don't try to say otherwise. I'd really appreciate it if you stopped covering your ears and shouting "I'm not listening!" everytime a good point is made that goes against your viewpoints.

let's see... how many of the movies involved a villian trying to capture and/or use a legendary Pokemon for their own needs? Celebi, Latias & Latios, Jirachi, and Manaphy... four out of nine. Somehow, I doubt the tenth movie will involve someone trying to gain control of Dialga, Palkia, or Darkurai, so it'll probably be four out of ten.... not even half. How can you say all the movies have "save the legendary Pokemon from a villian" plots?

18. Maestro Kinético

I haven't done that. I've answered to all of them, and I have apologized when I had to. If you read my posts (which I guess you haven't done) you'll see that:

Code:
    Answering to Gravy I have to say sorry. I made a mistake, and you mented it. While saying that I prefered Kanto, I acted like AG didn't have great episodes, which it had. But comparing to Kanto in my opinion (and being three seasons) it just doesn't compare to it.
    And yes, I expect some deep meaning in the show because it had deep meaning and quality in the begining. Now it just doesn't have anything inside, which is a shame. Please, I've already stated this 1000 times, I loved the deep meaning at the begining and I'll continue missing it.

When I say villain I mean every force of evil/disaster/apocalipsis.

You don't have the right to disquialify someone for those 'logic' reasons. He has stated his opinion, and every opinion is valid. Generalizing and disqualifying isn't.

19. Korobooshi Kojiro

Some opinions suck.

"Hey! I'm Todd, who happened to also appear in the recently released Pokemon Snap Video Game!"

And Mewtwo was a "force of evil" for most of the movie.

"The Wattson episode had a GL in a mid life crisis..."

"Who cares? We had Sabrina! ]"

20. Maestro Kinético

Yeah, for both sides. So? They are all valid. If they weren't I wouldn't be talking to you.

So? GS Ball. I haven't said that Kanto didn't have advertising, i said that it had drama and quality.

But there was no saving. The entire movie had a totally different and supberb plot, it had the quality of a real good movie with messages.

I apologized for that. Third time that I say this.

If you haven't got nothing to say, it's better to shut up.