• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Kanto Pokedex Renewed

The Kanto pokedex needs an update with all the evolutions and preevolutions.
Also in G/S/C there were johto species in Kanto meaning that the regianl pokedex should be bigger
I've calculated the number to be 181

HG/SS had hoenn and sinnoh pokemon(wtf)

Do you think they should renew and add johto species because technically
the following were removed from the original 190 pokemon:
Phanpy
Donphan
Tediursa
Ursaring
Heracross
Skarmory
Houndour
Houndoom
Slugma
Magcargo
Mantine
Shuckle
Stantler
Smergle
Delibird
Sneasel
Swinub
Piloswine
Scizor
Corsola
Remoraid
Octillery
Kingdra
Porygon2
Tyrogue
Hitmontop
Elekid
Smoochum
Magby
Miltank
Blissey
Larvitar
Pupitar
Tyranitar
with these you could have around 212 at best

So it would be nice to have this regional pokedex in Kanto it would make it seem more diverse with life and less boring

Question:Why are there hoenn and sinnoh species in Johto wtf

In an interview with Shigeki Morimoto, he confirmed that there were originally going to be 190 Pokémon in Generation I.[1] This means that Missingno. are formatted Pokémon.

Last edited:

Adrexus

Do it the bird way!
They should technically be in the Kanto dex. Although all these pokemon were in G/S/C. So I think its this way mainly for timeline purposes and not necessarily supposed to be in order concerning their species. I've thought about Slugma too. It was introduced in the Johto games, and you can't find it anywhere in Johto. Only in Kanto, (in an odd spot for a lava slug to appear on top of that.) Slugma seems to be native to Hoenn more than anywhere else (As well as the Sevii islands) And this also seems to be case for Houndour and Murkrow, who seem to be native to Sinnoh.

As far as Hoenn and Sinnoh species in Johto, they are present for dex completion purposes, I don't let it bother me too much, I know they're native to their respective regions.

murkrowrob

Yamask Hugger x_x
Hoenn and sinnoh pokemon are in Johto and Kanto so people can actually get them without trading. You could get over 450 different species in innoh, so why not? It'd be a pretty stupid Pokemon game if you couldn't get the majority of pokemon *cough*ruby*cough*sapphire*cough*

The original pokedex doesn't need to be updated. It's fine as it is. Anyway, taking away 40 pokemon from the Johto dex, would mean there are only 60 Gen 2 Pokemon, which would be tiny...

in each new Gen. you can get Pokemon from the previous Gen. so yeah it would be crap if you cant get majority of the Pokes.

I'd say add the evos and pre evos but don't bother with those removed ones, what state would the 2nd gen dex be in if you removed all of those?

Also you'd have to think about the placement of those pokemon, they can't just be bunged in at the end as legendaries have to be put there.

Moneyy

INACTIVE
Maybe the pre evos and evos, but I don't see a reason to add anything else.

Maybe the pre evos and evos, but I don't see a reason to add anything else.

Bingo. Although in the Sevii Islands they should add some new Pokemon (Sinnoh/Unova). Or make a NEW new region, like in FireRed where they made the Sevii Islands to have Johto and Hoenn Pokemon.

If the sevii island are considered part of kanto
then the species there should be listed in kantos regional pokedex
I mean johtos revamp regional pokedex has 256 pokemon
Why cant Kanto justhave mmore Pokemon and diversity
If they add the evolutions the number will go 151-181
Sinnoh has alot of species that arent from its generation to begin with
Hoenn as well
Only Kanto and Unova are 100% the same
Even then the Unova pokemon look far more interesting than Kanto
Unova in genreal is more interesting to begin with
If johto species appear in Kanto that means its in the region and terefore should be placed in the regional pokedx
KANTO AND JOHTO ARE DIVIDED ONLY BY THE MT SILVER RANGE
They are the same land so it makes sense that johto pokemon in Kanto/Kanto pokemon in johto.
Even then finding a Murkrow in Route 1 Kanto is more interesting than finding a boring pidgey
Since gen 2 was supposed to be with gen 1 to begin with
They should add those extra species
It wouldnt affect johtos regional dex 256 pokemon dude
one species can live in multiple regions eg-Abra line
Even then it Johto and Kanto species were actually allover the two regions they would be more diverse and filled with life than boring Kanto and Dry Johto

Karpi

Forever a pirate
If you add evolutions and pre-evolutions to the Kanto dex, you end up adding:

Pichu
Cleffa
Igglybuff
Crobat
Bellossom
Politoed
Slowking
Magnezone
Steelix
Tyrogue
Hitmontop
Lickilicky
Rhyperior
Happiny
Blissey
Tangrowth
Kingdra
Mime Jr.
Scizor
Smoochum
Elekid
Electivire
Magby
Magmortar
Espeon
Umbreon
Leafeon
Glaceon
Porygon2
Porygon-Z
Munchlax

Which is 32 extra pokemon for a total of 183 pokemon in the Kanto dex.

Kelz

More saving. More doing.™
Thay would do that if another Kanto-based Pokemon game was released. They did that w/ HGG/SS. Like how the new Johto dex features Pokemon like Mamoswine, Yanmega, ect.