• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Kanto Side Stories Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

shoz999

Back when Tigers used to smoke.
While there is no confirmation of Sun and Moon's Side Story's feature making a return and honestly I wouldn't be surprised if it doesn't make a return, I think Side Stories are still a fun concept to explore and would be a great way to fill the Kanto region with new adventures and stories to uncover, the greatest region of the greatest generation to ever exist.

A great and simple generation before Johto, before items, before balancing, before Dark, Steel, and Fairy Types, before abilities, second abilities, and hidden abilities, before online wireless multiplayer, before double and triple battles, before Mega Evolution and Z-Moves, before Pokemon Bank, before waiting for Pokemon Bank. Ah yes. Kanto. Dull and slow black and white graphics, bare-bones story, no post-game at all but to beat the Elite Four over and over again, paying extra bucks for a link cable and getting your ass kicked by the one kid who got Mewtwo. Now that was how you play Pokemon!

So what potential side story content can you think of for the adventures of "This Boy" and "That Girl" in the Kanto Region of Let's Go Pikachu and Let's Go Eevee? (On a side note, anyone recognize where this joke is from lol?)

PirateKing

I can’t wait to see how they flesh it out.
I think Masuda said Go connectivity is unlocked after a “certain story episode” so I think we can take that to assume we’ll get something in the vein of past games. Maybe something like the Delta Episode or Team RR involving Mewtwo and Mew.

I also hope they go the USUM route of cramming in as many little sidequests as possible. They made Alola feel so much alive and I hope they do the same here.

I say this a lot over here, but I really want Sevii Islands to come back. Since they confirmed Alolan forms that does give me hope!

I just want them to give me Kanto more jam packed than I’ve ever seen before.
Even with the super casual route they’re going with these, they could still have the potential to surpass FRLG as my favorite games if they make these the best version of the region we’ve ever seen

Oh, and Gym Leader Castle for the postgame facility!

Orphalesion

If we are talking very small stories, then it might be nice to be able to help those two lovers in Fuchsia City to find each other? What was it? One of them thought they were supposed to meet up inside the Safari Zone and the other thought they were supposed to meet in that zoo thing outside of it?
Maybe you can catch a Pikachu for that little girl in Pewter City that really wants one?

Maybe there will be a sidestory that goes deeper into Bill's inventions?

Maybe they'll include a few Looker quests? Perhaps he's investigating Team Rocket, or something.

And really they should give the each of the Legendary Birds their own little story.

A great and simple generation before Johto, before items, before balancing, before Dark, Steel, and Fairy Types, before abilities, second abilities, and hidden abilities, before online wireless multiplayer, before double and triple battles, before Mega Evolution and Z-Moves, before Pokemon Bank, before waiting for Pokemon Bank. Ah yes. Kanto. Dull and slow black and white graphics, bare-bones story, no post-game at all but to beat the Elite Four over and over again

Sorry but I can't help but think "so before everything good and beautiful about Pokemon (except Ninetales, Wigglytuff and Marowak)?"

shoz999

A Look
If we are talking very small stories, then it might be nice to be able to help those two lovers in Fuchsia City to find each other? What was it? One of them thought they were supposed to meet up inside the Safari Zone and the other thought they were supposed to meet in that zoo thing outside of it?
Maybe you can catch a Pikachu for that little girl in Pewter City that really wants one?

Maybe there will be a sidestory that goes deeper into Bill's inventions?

Maybe they'll include a few Looker quests? Perhaps he's investigating Team Rocket, or something.

And really they should give the each of the Legendary Birds their own little story.

Sorry but I can't help but think "so before everything good and beautiful about Pokemon (except Ninetales, Wigglytuff and Marowak)?"

A Looker sidequest would not only be great, I'd actually think there's a really good chance will see Looker again in the Let's Go Titles because it's thought by some fans that the agent on S.S. Anne is indeed Looker. Maybe a post-game sidequest where we tried to investigate Giovanni's Disappearance. Now that I edited that in... THAT WOULD BE AWESOME! Actually that idea alone would be perfect for a Post-Game Episode.

Last edited:

Orphalesion

A Looker sidequest would not only be great, I'd actually think there's a really good chance will see Looker again in the Let's Go Titles because it's thought by some fans that the agent on S.S. Anne is indeed Looker. Maybe a post-game sidequest where we tried to investigate Giovanni's Disappearance. Now that I edited that in... THAT WOULD BE AWESOME! Actually that idea alone would be perfect for a Post-Game Episode.

Ha! I wasn't even thinking of that, I just threw Looker out there because I like him and he's a fairly popular, recurring character in general. Yeah he could be the guy on the MS Anne and later you could help him look for Giovanni. Maybe they also finally do something about that truck in Vermilion City. Or better yet, have a side-story where you help Looker investigating that truck :p

shoz999

Gym Leader sidequests would be fun. To be honest I think everyone can agree that one advantage the Pokemon Anime did had over the games is that Brock and Misty had more character and stuff to do than the Games, where you really just meet them once and that's it. Here are some ideas I had for the Gym Leaders

Brock - Help Brock search for his long-lost... for a week... father.
Misty - Help Misty get a date which leads to hilaaaarious results and outbursts. Orrrr... maybe help Misty catch and train a furious Gyarados! That sounds better!
Lt. Surge - Help Lt. Surge setup some new deadly electrifying traps at the gym with his pal Raichu.
Erika - With the games, Adventures, and the anime... there's really not a lot to go with... maybe help her investigate a missing Eevee that's been going on about in Celadon City?
Koga - Hang out with her daughter Janine at Fuchsia City's Zoo as Koga tries to find the perfect birthday gift at the last second. Or maybe as your hanging out with her, you can try to learn what she wants as Koga puts on some funny disguises. What you tell him what to get and purposely get it wrong!
Sabrina - Convince Sabrina to pursue her love for movie acting where she eventually becomes a movie star in Generation 5
Blaine - With Blaine and Fuji, investigate to what happened to Mewtwo all these years leading up to epic battle of Mewtwo in Cerulean Cave
Giovanni - Investigate the disappearance of Giovanni with Looker.

Last edited:

Pokemon Power

I think they should bring back the Sevii Islands from FireRed and LeafGreen. It would be a great way to catch Generation II Pokemon post-game. Plus maybe they could have some new islands with Generation III Pokemon and the Battle Frontier.

AeroVeeNex

I think they should bring back the Sevii Islands from FireRed and LeafGreen. It would be a great way to catch Generation II Pokemon post-game. Plus maybe they could have some new islands with Generation III Pokemon and the Battle Frontier.

While the games are Yellow remakes and some may say something from FR/LG wont make sense I want to point out Alolan forms we not in Yellow but are in this game. So I agree the islands would be nice.

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
I don't think we'll see too much TBH. Considering that this game is for a casual audience, I expect it to be a very barebones experience. I mean, they've been removing things like the Battle Frontier because they think casuals don't have time/don't care for them, I don't think they think casuals would bother with sidequests or post game areas or anything. Maybe a post game story arc like the Delta Episode or RR surrounding Mewtwo, but not much else.

PirateKing

While the games are Yellow remakes and some may say something from FR/LG wont make sense I want to point out Alolan forms we not in Yellow but are in this game. So I agree the islands would be nice.

I think They were actually meant to be a part of Kanto since the beginning, they had to cut them due to time and memory constaints. The Orange Islands Arc from the anime was probably inspired by the initial concept, so it’s kinda always been a part of Gen 1s DNA even though they didn’t properly appear until the remakes.

Another side quest thing I’d like see is really make us want to catch all 151 Pokémon. Since the catching mechanics are different now and we may not even have Bank until Gen 8 proper, it would be great to expand the catching side quests from Gen 7 with little stories for the original Pokémon, maybe even with some nods to their episodes of the anime, with more rewards unlockable as you fill it out like Gen 1 did

Last edited:

AeroVeeNex

I think They were actually meant to be a part of Kanto since the beginning, they had to cut them due to time and memory constaints. The Orange Islands Arc from the anime was probably inspired by the initial concept, so it’s kinda always been a part of Gen 1s DNA even though they didn’t properly appear until the remakes.

Another side quest thing I’d like see is really make us want to catch all 151 Pokémon. Since the catching mechanics are different now and we may not even have Bank until Gen 8 proper, it would be great to expand the catching side quests from Gen 7 with little stories for the original Pokémon, maybe even with some nods to their episodes of the anime, with more rewards unlockable as you fill it out like Gen 1 did

Yellow was inspired by the anime and this is a Yellow remake so it just hit me nods to the anime might happen. Not sure if J&J WILL appear but it would be fun to have your mom look like Ash's mom. Or just certain nods to the anime via npc. If the game truly is for OG fans it would make sense.

I'd spit my drink out if Ash is battleable (I made a word)

Ariki

I think it’d be cool if there’s some new side stories to do with the copycat girl in Saffron City. One mission could see us having to catch a ditto for her an the follow up mission could be that her ditto has transformed into a Pokedoll and we have to find out which one is the ditto and battle it.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
I think it’d be cool if there’s some new side stories to do with the copycat girl in Saffron City. One mission could see us having to catch a ditto for her an the follow up mission could be that her ditto has transformed into a Pokedoll and we have to find out which one is the ditto and battle it.
Not a pretty bad idea and I definitely like to have something done with the copycat girl. Maybe she could be used as a way to obtain Ditto and make Ditto rare in LGPE by having the player to guess which one is the Ditto from a couple of Poké Dolls.

PirateKing

You know, they could totally bring back a few Totem battles in this game by giving the special boss pokemon the totem boost.
The Ghost Marowak in Lavender tower, One of the Snorlax, Hypno on Three Island (assuming its back)
They could even sprinkle in a few new battles here and there, like a Muk stinking up Celedon City, a Tauros loose in Fuchsia City, a Dragonite appearing on Cerulean Cape, etc.

asmoxi

What I want is an actual story for every legendaries in those games. Since there's only five of them. Where did the three birds came from? And what Happen to Mew exactly? An actual episode about the team rocket controlling mewtwo would be awesome. Some quests to help the Gym leader would also be cool.

Pokemon Power

You know, they could totally bring back a few Totem battles in this game by giving the special boss pokemon the totem boost.
The Ghost Marowak in Lavender tower, One of the Snorlax, Hypno on Three Island (assuming its back)
They could even sprinkle in a few new battles here and there, like a Muk stinking up Celedon City, a Tauros loose in Fuchsia City, a Dragonite appearing on Cerulean Cape, etc.
Totem Pokemon in Kanto? They'd have to figure out some way to incorporate Ultra Space and the Ultra Wormholes to do that.

shoz999

What I want is an actual story for every legendaries in those games. Since there's only five of them. Where did the three birds came from? And what Happen to Mew exactly? An actual episode about the team rocket controlling mewtwo would be awesome. Some quests to help the Gym leader would also be cool.
I agree. A lot of story potential for the legendaries. Maybe something Team Rocket related like in Pokemon Adventures? Maybe it can even be part of the main story.

Status
Not open for further replies.