• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Kanto Side Stories Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

AeroVeeNex

I agree. A lot of story potential for the legendaries. Maybe something Team Rocket related like in Pokemon Adventures? Maybe it can even be part of the main story.

Yeah I know people are saying it is for casuals but tbh that doesn't mean the plot should suffer. A game for casuals just means the combat is not as advanced. Shouldn't mean it can not have plot

shoz999

Back when Tigers used to smoke.
Yeah I know people are saying it is for casuals but tbh that doesn't mean the plot should suffer. A game for casuals just means the combat is not as advanced. Shouldn't mean it can not have plot
Honestly I never got that argument that GameFreak was genius to make Let's Go "casual" friendly by stripping away an already casual but actually fun combat system to something so barebones. I mean if you think about it Pokemon already has a simplified rock-paper-scissors mechanic paired with an okay-to-great story meant for casuals in an era of RPGs that are filled with overcomplicated PC controls or annoying JRPG difficulty spikes. The Pokemon's simple but deep combat is already casual-friendly. Pokemon Go's is just plain dumb that I think might actually bore the casual crowd.

But nevermind that. That's a topic for another day!

AeroVeeNex

Honestly I never got that argument that GameFreak was genius to make Let's Go "casual" friendly by stripping away an already casual but actually fun combat system to something so barebones. I mean if you think about it Pokemon already has a simplified rock-paper-scissors mechanic paired with an okay-to-great story meant for casuals in an era of RPGs that are filled with overcomplicated PC controls or annoying JRPG difficulty spikes. The Pokemon's simple but deep combat is already casual-friendly. Pokemon Go's is just plain dumb that I think might actually bore the casual crowd.

But nevermind that. That's a topic for another day!

I mean Let's GO just takes away battling wild pokemon so to me that is a bit of a plus. With that said I heard in GO you have to battle wild legendaries so I wonder if that will happen in the Switch game. As far as I can tell trainer battles are the same as the main series and luckily you can rebattle trainers.

WhiteBlair

ベストチャンピオン。
Since Masuda said their intention with LGP/E is to meet casual/newcomers with traditional fans, I'm expecting them to elevate the (side-)story a bit. Off the top of my head, I hope to see:
  • New Islands to explore post-game. (A credible leaker already mentioned Amberteak Islands for those who missed.)
  • Articuno, Zapdos, Moltres and Mew having different stories, and not just a simple find-and-capture like in their previous encounters.
  • Fighting Dojo and Sabrina.
  • Honorable mentions for Magnet Train and Goldenrod City.
  • To meet Looker in SS. Anne and going on an adventure to find Team RR members along with him post-game.

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member
With the concept of multiverse, I already see LGPE as unrelated to the main canon they've already established with FRLG/HGSS.

They did already mention that Alolan Pokemon in this game has no connection to those introduced in SM/USUM. Masuda also said in the interview that there is a possibility that Let's GO could be its own series of games.

Orphalesion

So Looker has already been speculated on, anybody think Cynthia might make a cameo? I mean those two are pretty much recurring characters.

Ariki

So Looker has already been speculated on, anybody think Cynthia might make a cameo? I mean those two are pretty much recurring characters.
That would be so cool to have a Cynthia cameo.

I wouldn’t mind a cameo by Prof Rowan since at the start of the DPPT games it’s mentioned he’s just returned from Kanto. Maybe he could be encountered post game where he talks to you about Sinnoh and how you should visit it one day, or something similar.

shoz999

I want some cameos of Johto characters from Gold and Silver I feel like Janine, Koga's daughter, is a high possibility.

PirateKing

Since Masuda said their intention with LGP/E is to meet casual/newcomers with traditional fans, I'm expecting them to elevate the (side-)story a bit. Off the top of my head, I hope to see:
  • New Islands to explore post-game. (A credible leaker already mentioned Amberteak Islands for those who missed.)
  • Articuno, Zapdos, Moltres and Mew having different stories, and not just a simple find-and-capture like in their previous encounters.
  • Fighting Dojo and Sabrina.
  • Honorable mentions for Magnet Train and Goldenrod City.
  • To meet Looker in SS. Anne and going on an adventure to find Team RR members along with him post-game.

I don’t think I saw this leak that mentioned “Amberteak islands” what all did they say?

Agree we should get tons of cameos though
Maybe Kukui since we know he went across Kanto and could explain A-Forms to the player, Alolan Oak too.
I wonder if they’ll also include the Rocket Admins this time since they actually exist as their own characters now, they were in FRLG as regular Rocket Executives. Maybe a cameo of a young Silver to go with it.

WhiteBlair

ベストチャンピオン。
I don’t think I saw this leak that mentioned “Amberteak islands” what all did they say?

Agree we should get tons of cameos though
Maybe Kukui since we know he went across Kanto and could explain A-Forms to the player, Alolan Oak too.
I wonder if they’ll also include the Rocket Admins this time since they actually exist as their own characters now, they were in FRLG as regular Rocket Executives. Maybe a cameo of a young Silver to go with it.
Read HERE.

Rapiido

I'm trying to debunk that but based on the edit times, the fact that a lot of the info on there was in the trailer makes it seem semi-feasible.

I'd be totally on board with Sevii Islands returning, as well as extra areas to explore.

shoz999

Believe it or not, the Sevii Isles are more important to the entire series continuity and lore than most of you guys think. Not only is it the home of Elite Four member Lorelei, it's also the place where the Pokemon Network Center is, the center that connects trade and battle across the Kanto, Orre, and Hoenn region, serving as the precursor to 4th and 5th gen's Global Terminal of wi-fi functions.

PirateKing

I would be very ok with all this, the part about the islands and Saffaron City having an arena seem really exciting.

The only thing that still seems weird is that apparently Red isn’t the player character but the actual player still seems to be doing every single thing that Red did? And how can he help with our Pokédex if he ownly speaks in “...” Aside from that, I’d be glad to see him and Blue again, especially if it’s than just one quick apperence, maybe they get their own little side quests too!

Kage-Pikachu

Maybe a Quest about beating up that Magikarp salesman! lol, is anyone going to try the Mew Glitch just for the hack of it?

I think it'd be cool if Bill gave us a quest to get the other Eeveeloutions and gave us "something" in return.

ECM

Looker on the S.S. Anne would be fantastic

That girl that wanted the Pokémon with the flower design? Have her mention or have a Munna, and say something about dreams coming true

I want them to go more into the daily lives of some of the gym leaders:

See Brock at Mt. Moon searching for fossils, perhaps he is in charge of the Pewter Museum.

Misty could have another date scene like in gen 2, but I'd rather something new. Maybe she can kick off the Cerulean Cave post game sidequest, and/or at some point maybe see her swimming for some competition or something

Lt. Surge could be involved in the Power Plant quest, and in getting Zapdos

Erika could be part of the raid on the Team Rocket Game Corner

See more about Koga and the Safari Zone, maybe have Janine in it too and show their relationship, and him training her to be a gym leader or something

Sabrina and the Dojo master's rivalry. Maybe they can put their differences aside to aid the player in Silph Co., Maybe talk about her being an actress

It would be amazing to involve Blaine way more in the plot regarding Mew and Mewtwo, and maybe even Moltres and the Sevii Islands

More Giovanni stuff would be all right, don't know what else though. Maybe make it possible to view the scene where he and Silver part ways from HGSS

Lorelei can help you get Articuno, plus the Sevii Island stuff

Not sure about Bruno, maybe he could also be a part of the Saffron City Psychic vs. Fighting type gym, maybe Bruno used to be the gym leader of Saffron City?

Agatha can go into her rivalry with Prof. Oak. Maybe have a scene in Pallet Town where she shows up. It'd be awesome if it turns out she's also from Pallet Town!

Lance could talk more about Johto, although I'd love it if he were involved in a Mew or Mewtwo sidequest. One can dream

Just some thoughts, haha

malcolm_n

Pokemon Collector
You know, they could totally bring back a few Totem battles in this game by giving the special boss pokemon the totem boost.
The Ghost Marowak in Lavender tower, One of the Snorlax, Hypno on Three Island (assuming its back)
They could even sprinkle in a few new battles here and there, like a Muk stinking up Celedon City, a Tauros loose in Fuchsia City, a Dragonite appearing on Cerulean Cape, etc.
I like this idea a lot. Kinda give us a chance to go through some of the anime experiences. Add to this the mew-two controlled by Giovanni suggestion above and we've got something really going here.
Post E4 stories as a whole have been a favorite thing for me since their introduction. Hopefully these games continue it. If not, there's always Gen 8 I guess. :)

Sαpphire

Johto Champion
If Jessie and James don't appear - and if they don't have their classic Arbok, Weezing, Lickitung, and Victreebel line up with Meowth as a talking, overworld character - I will RIOT.

The TRio is my favorite part of literally all Kanto canon, they have to be there! Throw in a few more Pokemon and they could be a really cool late game double battle opponent!

PirateKing

I was thinking, since this game is borrowing elements from PoGo, they could integrate the Field Research mechanics as side quests.
For example, we could go to Oak who would tell us “Catch a Tauros that’s over 350 pounds" or “Bring me an Alolan Rattata and a regular one” or “Go see if that NPC is a boy or a girl (jk)”
We could still get stamps and rewards for completing them, and they could basically be radiant quests that we could Infinitly repeat.

For Legendary Pokémon and maybe even some other bosses, I think we’ll see something like Raid Battles, where we fight them with our own Pokémon, possibly even with multiple phases like a Final Fantasy boss or something, and then we go to a final phase where we catch them in Go style.

Like imagine we meet Mewtwo in Cerulean Cave, we battle him in a classic battle, we think we faint him and suddenly he gets back up, He Mega Evolves and uses his psychic powers to make the battle field as trippy and Giygas like as possible, maybe summons a few Alakazam and Mr. Mime as minions we have to battle first, and then we have to take him down again. This weakens to enough of a point where we enter a GO battle screen where we can finally attend to catch him.

Since it seems from the E3 demo the classic wild battle is being replaced with something new or atleast heavily remixed, maybe that means they’re saving it for big special battles like these.

D

Deleted member 384931

I would find it cool if you could find Ash since it is based on the yellow version. But yeah you can dream...

Status
Not open for further replies.