1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Kanto Skies [Discussion]

Discussion in 'RPG Café' started by Tangeh, May 1, 2015.

1. Tangeh

Tangeh Well-Known Member

Ah, sorry, I was going from memory. The three of us, then.

2. VampirateMace

VampirateMace Internet Overlord

You can try VM/PMing them, but this is kind of when you find out who's really playing.

3. DVB

DVB Philosopher Knight

Do hope Golden and Jean post soon. On the meanwhile, how would things go if people begin dropping out in the middle of the RP?

4. Tangeh

Tangeh Well-Known Member

Well, so long as there's still a small group of us, we should be okay to just continue on without the others. If necessary, I could ask the drop-out for permission to bunny their characters just to tie up any loose ends so that nobody gets left hanging. I could try to open it up to late sign ups, but they'd have to design their character around the experience level that the group currently is... or perhaps just allow current RPers to create another character for diversity, considering this is more of a character-driven RP to start with (don't start planning another charrie yet though xD).

I'll give them another few days before pestering them - if they aren't interested or cannot find the time commitment, that's fine, but I hope they'll let me know so I can give the wait list a chance to participate. But hey, if we start with six, then we start with six - such a small number makes me nervous about people dropping out down the line, but for now we should be fine.

(Not that I've given up on you, people who haven't posted yet xD I know everyone seems to be busy, so don't take it like that, please ^^)

5. Schade

Schade No gain, just pain.

We still lack quite a few players first posts, and if we move on without them, we'll be kinda short in numbers..
    That being said, it also makes it easier to keep up the pace if the ones of us that are left are frequent in posting.

6. Tangeh

Tangeh Well-Known Member

Yeah, it's a bit of a trade off. I'm not moving on without anybody just yet though - new players should be able to integrate smoothly until we're just past Route 1 (after which I'd imagine most people would have tried their hand at catching pokemon and/or initiating battles).

7. Monster Guy

Monster Guy Fairy type Trainer

Too late for that. I have a few premade characters to use if the need arises. :p

8. Schade

I can do that too, if it is needed.
    (Bringing in Mon's Pokemon trainer versions of the Tale of Heroes cast!)

9. Tangeh

Tangeh Well-Known Member

I'm going to use a random number generator to decide the six other starters being offered by Professor Oak (granted I'll reroll so that there will be two water-types, two fire-types, and two grass-types). I'll introduce them in my next post, but I'll post the results here first (I'm putting chikorita as 1 and froakie as 15, with the rest inbetween by national pokedex number).

Results:
    3 - Totodile
    8 - Chimchar
    4 - Treecko
    9 - Piplup
    7 - Turtwig
    8 - Chimchar
    15 - Froakie
    13 - Chespin
    13 - Chespin
    6 - Mudkip
    7 - Turtwig
    13 - Chespin
    8 - Chimchar
    12 - Oshawott
    2 - Cyndaquil

(let me know if I messed up anywhere, lol)

So the starters being offered will be:
    Grass: Bulbasaur, Treecko, Turtwig
    Fire: Charmander, Chimchar, Cyndaquil
    Water: Squirtle, Totodile, Piplup

For sake of simplicity you can assume that there's an unlimited amount of each available. You also have full reign on the gender and personality of the pokemon. Trainers who already have starters can still interact with the above selection if they wish.

10. PeeGee

PeeGee ROAWR!

Oh god, Joseph is going to have way too hard of a time deciding between Bulbasaur and Turtwig.

11. Cobalt XIV

Cobalt XIV Well-Known Member

I'll be posting tomorrow since I don't have much going on then.

12. Schade

Miellas lacking knowledge in Fashion confirmed. lol
    Jk, I'll may be able to make a small introduction post later, unless Tangeh moves us foreward before that

13. Tangeh

Tangeh Well-Known Member

lol yeah, she has no idea who he is. Adding insult to injury, she recognizes Andre. :p

14. Schade

It also gave me a quite fun idea.
    Zach: *Strike a pose* Everyone know who I am!
    Miella: Uhm......
    *awkward silence*

15. *Jean Grey*

*Jean Grey* Night Triumphant

I'll post by around…Saturday? XD Yeah, or Friday hehe. XD

16. Schade

Because you better get a post up, Jeanie-Lou! Our characters are gonna bond over darkness!

17. Monster Guy

Don't worry, Zach will get famous once he's seen in public with Andre. Where he will be known as Andre's arm candy boyfriend. :p *shot*

18. Schade

They will be a dynamic duo of misunderstandings and flamboyant fabulous-ness.

19. VampirateMace

VampirateMace Internet Overlord

I have a feeling there will be a lot of awkward moments as the group gets to know one another.

20. Monster Guy

What with Andre's whole kissing thing and all. xD