• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Kanto Skies [RP Thread]

Monster Guy

Fairy type Trainer
Andre Bellamy
Route 1
Pokemon: Jolie, (Cleffa) Rose (Flabébé)
Affected RPers: DVB, The top co-ordinator, Tangeh (By virtue of being there)

Now that Andre had captured a Pokemon, he figured he may as well give her a name. He had already decided on the name Rose. It seemed like the most obvious choice given that she was a Flabébé living on a Rose. He also needed to get her and Jolie to a Pokemon Center. While neither were too badly injured, it wasn't like he could just let his Pokemon walk around being injured. What kind of trainer would that make him? Also, the Flabébé he just caught was still sound asleep in the ball, and she was going to have to get to a Pokemon Center to wake her up. Fortunately, she was safe and very comfortable inside the confines of a Luxury Ball, and Viridian City wasn't very far away.

He was soon approached by Diego. "Hey Andre, congrats on catching the Pokemon!" Diego said to him with a smile while his Pikachu was trying to cheer up Jolie. Even though she was still not thrilled about having to share Andre with another Pokemon, the Pikachu's attempts to cheer her up did make her giggle a little.

"Merci Beaucoup! It is my first time catching a Pokemon. This is very exciting!" The young movie star exclaimed as he clipped the luxury ball onto his belt.

"Hey, how about I help you out? I'm actually a Move Tutor-in-training and I know a few moves I can try and teach to new Pokemon here."

Andre raised an eyebrow. "C'est vrai? That is interesting. But unless you can teach Pokemon moves they cannot learn..." He said looking at Jolie. No matter how hard she tried, apparently couldn't learn a damage dealing Fairy type attack until she became a Clefairy. "I do not think there are very many moves they are able to learn when they are so young..." He put his hand on the other boy's shoulder. "Do not worry, mon ami. I am certain I am going to be taking that offer in the near future." He said with a smile and a wink.

As he was about to head out into Viridian City, he spotted something else that caught his attention, or rather someone. A cute looking girl with an equally cute little Fennekin running by her side, long, honey-blonde hair, and most importantly to Andre, was wearing a stylish pink dress. "Oh là là! It seems we have a new friend in our little group!" Then he happily ran over there to introduce himself. "Bonjour ma chérie!" He said as he gave the new girl a kiss on each cheek like he always did. "It is so nice to see a woman with such a wonderful sense of style! And good taste in Pokemon too. You must be from Kalos as well, non? My name is Andre Bellamy. Certainly, you have heard that name before? What might your name be?"

Last edited:

Cobalt XIV

Rodrigo Fuentes
Oak’s Lab, Pallet Town

Rodrigo signed his name at the bottom of the form after reviewing it once more for errors. None were found. He handed over the form to one of the assistant’s and stood in line to take a photo for his license. The trainers-to-be and the Pokemon were all over the lab. He watched as the Cleffa charmed a Charmander pretty easily. A dopey grin spread across his face. That would be useful in a contest. Rodrigo figured the Cleffa would be interested in contests. She did seem to know how to work a crowd.

It seemed the Cleffa was causing a scene among the Pokemon as a Squirtle came over to reprimand her, but she ignored it. Soon enough, a trainer came along to diffuse the situation and claim the Squirtle as her own. A cherub-faced boy came over to get, what Rodrigo assumed to be, his Cleffa. Rodrigo’s brows furrowed as he stared at the boy. He saw him somewhere before, but he couldn’t figure out where. He snapped out of his trance as his name was called.

Rodrigo sat in the chair in front of the camera as the photographer counted down. He gave his signature smirk as the flash went off.

“All right. Head over there,” the photographer said. Rodrigo went over to where he pointed. He waited for further instruction from Professor Oak.

“New trainers! We've finished processing all of the paperwork and are pleased to announce that all of you are now certified Pokemon Trainers! We've done our best to accommodate any... requests you put in,” Professor Oak said. Just then, an assistant came along to distribute the licenses, Pokedex, and cases to them. Rodrigo’s eye was drawn to a goldenrod yellow Pokedex with white details. He chose that one and was given five PokeBalls along with his other supplies.

Rodrigo flipped open the Pokedex and checked its configurations. Everything seemed to be in working order. He thanked the assistant.

"And that's everything! Go now! A grand adventure awaits! Remember that you can utilize the Pokemon Center's PC for more than just storage - I'll be expecting regular progress reports from you all,” the professor said. "Good luck to you all!”

Rodrigo was filled with vigor as the idea of officially starting his journey crossed through his mind. Once he stepped through the door, he would be making the first step to accomplishing his dreams. He believed wholeheartedly that he was destined for greatness. He was an eternal optimist. He admired the passion that Professor Oak retained. He gives the same speech nearly every week or so, and yet he still gets excited by new trainers...amazing.

Rodrigo had spent so much time in awe of what was about to happen, that he didn’t even notice that everyone departed for Viridian City. I need to pay attention more. Just as he was about to head out of the lab, a striking girl with blonde hair darted past him. A Fennekin raced along with her. Rodrigo smirked and followed.

Route 1
Affected RPers: Monter Guy, Tangeh, The top co-ordinator

He quickened his jog to catch up to her, but he came to a halt as she was approached by a few other trainers. The girl with the Squirtle, and imagine that... it’s the guy with the Cleffa. They seemed to be talking to her, so Rodrigo would just have to wait his turn, but as soon as they guy with the Cleffa introduced himself as Andre Bellamy, a sudden “A-ha!” escaped Rodrigo’s mouth.

“Sorry, I just realized where I know you from,” he said to Andre. “All of you were at the lab earlier. I was a bit late, so I didn’t mingle much. I’m Rodrigo Fuentes, of the Fighting Fuentes Family. They’re pretty well-known back in Sinnoh.”

Why did I say that? A slight look of confusion formed on his face but cleared up right away. Rodrigo wasn't one to throw his name around like that. Andre had him beat in that aspect.

Last edited:

The top co-ordinator

The Kalos Queen
Alyssa Bogard
Route 1
Affected: Tangeh, Monster guy
As soon as had Alyssa entered the route, her Fennekin following closely behind her, she was approached by a girl that was around her age and who appeared to possess a Squirtle. "Hi there! Did you just come from Professor Oak's lab, by any chance?" the girl asked, smiling sweetly. "My name's Miella Reeves. There's a couple of us traveling through here, if you'd like to join?.

Alyssa smiled, overjoyed that she had caught up with the others and that they hadn't gotten too far without her. "Bonjour! it is very nice to meet you! My name is Alyssa Bogard." Alyssa responded before quickly adding "I would love to join, I'm actually a new trainer who just came from Oak's lab too! I'm so sorry I'm late, I got lost on the airport! I came here from the Kalos region" Alyssa explained, though before anymore conversation could occur an extremely familiar, fashionably dressed young man approached, followed closely by a Cleffa.

"Bonjour ma chérie!" He said before kissing Alyssa on the cheek in a friendly fashion. "It is so nice to see a woman with such a wonderful sense of style! And good taste in Pokemon too. You must be from Kalos as well, non? My name is Andre Bellamy. Certainly, you have heard that name before? What might your name be?" he asked in an extremely flattering fashion, which of course, Alyssa loved! "Ahh, Bonjour Andre! Thank you, I also find your sense of style to be exquisite and that Cleffa you have is just adorable! Of course I've heard your name, you're a big deal back in Kalos... It's such an honour to meet you! My name is Alyssa Bogard, and I am looking very forward to traveling with you!" Alyssa swooned, still shocked yet extremely joyous to have been given some attention from someone so famous... Of course she had fitted the celebrities her mum designed clothes for, but being complimented by Andre Bellamy was certainly something else.

"So, are these two Pokemon your partners?" Alyssa asked both Andre and Miella in regards to Cleffa and Squirtle respectively, excited to finally get to meet her companions and desperately hoping that they could become fast friends. "This is my partner Elle, I got her from Professor Sycamore back in the Kalos region, we haven't known each other for an incredibly long time, but we are already as close as can be!" Alyssa stated, picking up Elle and snuggling her. "Fennekin!" Elle replied, agreeing with Alyssa and cherishing the moment with her.

VampirateMace

Internet Overlord
Mace
Route 1

Pokemon: Blue (Oddish) Lenore (Purrloin)

“We should probably take you to the Pokemon Center,” though Mace out loud, still looking down at the Pokeball in her hands. She looked over at Blue, who was looking up at her with puppy eyes, “Good job, Blue!”

Blue started running in excited circles, he apparently still had a lot of energy. Mace looked up to see what the others were up too. They seemed to be regrouping, Miella, some blonde girl, Andre, Diego, some other guy. Was Andre flirting with the new girl? Mace wouldn't be surprised.

Still holding the newly filled pokeball, she started over to the group. The new girl was saying something about being really close to her Pokemon. Mace looked from one newcomer to the other, “Hi there, I'm Mace, Lucile Mace.”

Her gaze returned to the Pokeball, then she looked up at Miella and asked, “Say, Miella, there's a Pokemon Center up ahead right?” Most towns had one, so she assumed there was, but now that she thought about it, there wasn't one in Pallet Town.

Blue looked up at the Fennekin snuggling with it's trainer, and started to whine. Mace looked down at him, he was giving her the 'I'll cry if you don't' face. So, sighing she clipped the Purrloin's pokeball to her belt, and picked him up. He was the Pokemon equivalent of a toddler after all.

PeeGee

ROAWR!
Joseph Hildebrand
Route 1

Chrys' tail slammed into the Flabebe just as the small fairy pokemon slapped her in the face with a small vine, coming out from the bottom of its flower. Both pokemon were thrown back, Chrys composing herself quicker than the Flabebe. Joseph looked at his new partner, she was starting to take big heaving breaths, obviously she wasn't going to last too much longer.

"Okay Chrys, I want you to use Pound once more against Flabebe!" After his order, Joseph quickly rummaged through his bag and pulled out a PokeBall, ready to throw it.

Chrys charged at the Flabebe and flipped, her tail slamming into the fairy, throwing it back into the flower patch it came from. Taking his chance, Joseph threw his PokeBall after it. He waited a couple of seconds, walking over to pick the ball up after it made the noise that told him that it had successfully managed to catch the pokemon.

"Yes!" he exclaimed, holding up the ball in triumph.

With a big smile on his face, Joseph looked over at his partner to celebrate together, suddenly remembering that she was pretty beat up.

"Come here," he said, picking up the Treecko, "We need to get you to a PokeCentre."

TheGOAT

Mac-Daddy
Keith "Mac" McArthur
Ferry> Pallet town

"Mace! Get up!" Mac jumped out of the bed he was taking a nap in, realizing they had overslept while the ferry was in the harbor.

"We have to go! We're already late!" Mac grabbed his hat, threw it on, grabbed his bag, and ran out the door with Mace right behind him.

Mac ran off the boat and stopped and looked. He noticed wild Pidgey flying around, along with spearow and starly. "We made it Mace. We're in Kanto now!" He looked out and saw a bunch of people leaving what he could only guess was the professors lab. They scurried off to get there as fast as he could.

Running through the doors, Mac announced "We're here! I'm sorry we are late!" But no one was there except an assistant and some starter Pokemon playing. "Mace," Mac said nudging his little Aron, "Go play with the others while I try to find the professor." Mac walked over to the assistant and asked a couple questions, he was then given paperwork and sent to the back to talk to the professor who had finally been found.

While filling out his paperwork, he could hear Mace in the background playing with the other starters. "Nice Pokemon professor. I sure hope I'm able to collect some like these when I get settled somewhere and have my own daycare!" Mac turned in his paperwork, an was told to take a picture. "Mace! Cmon buddy!" He reached down and picked up his energetic partner and posed with a wide grin.

After the picture, Mac decided the first one was good enough. He got up, waited for his license, which came in a small booklet with places to put any badges and/or contest ribbons. He flipped through the colors of the pokedexs and settled on a black one that appealed to him. The professor gave Mac a speech and handed him some poke balls and then sent him in his way.

"Professor, before I leave. I was wondering, do y'all have any Shinx? I've always wanted one."

Professor Oak replied, "Why yes of course! Right on Route 1 I do believe. But I must tell you, they are quite rare."

"Well Mace and I will just have to do a little hunting!" And with that the duo ran out the door.

Pallet town > Route 1

Mac ran down to the neighboring route. Looking for a new Pokemon for his team. He saw some of the same group of others around his age out battling and catching Pokemon. He noticed a few girls, and nudged his Aron. "Hey Mace, check out the girls. They're pretty cute, don't you think?" Mace just pushed his trainer to get moving.

Mac looked for what seemed like forever, until he decided to climb a tree and get a better look. "Mace stay down here just in case I do see something." As he scurried up the tree, he looked out and could see all kinds of Pokemon in the openings of the woods. He saw all different types, but not the Shinx. "Man, those Shinx really ARE rare!" Mac said as he started to get discouraged. As he was finally climbing down he heard the sound, "Shinx!" And immediately perked up. He turned behind him and in an old fallen down tree, a Shinx was playing in the hole of the trunk.

"Mace... Head smash." Mac watched as his little Aron charged ahead, hitting the Shinx dead on, hurting it pretty badly. It used discharge, shocking Mace, but not too badly, but it did leave him paralyzed.
"Mace! Here!" Mac threw his Pokemon a Cheri Berry. In doing so, the Shinx used tackle, hitting Mace again.

Mac reached in his bag and grabbed one of the pokeballs that the professor gave him. "Shinx, you're mine!" Mac threw his pokeball, like a pitcher does in baseball. He watched as the pokeball sucked up the Shinx. He watched the ball shake for what seemed like forever before it finally stopped and settled. Mac couldn't believe himself. He had finally caught his first Pokemon in the wild. He checked the stats on his pokedex and learned it was a female.

"Let's get to the poke center, and get both of y'all healed up," Mac picked up his partner, and ran to the pokecenter. He barged through the doors, and accidentally bumped into....

*OOC: Just anyone jump in, trying to get something going to make up for lost time.

Tangeh

Miella Reeves
Route 1
Affected: VampirateMace, The top co-ordinator, Monster Guy, Cobalt XIV... anybody else who wants to listen in

The new girl greeted her in French and introduced herself as Alyssa. "Yes, you were on the list, I'm glad you caught up! The Kalos region?" Miella asked, intrigued. "You know, that's not the first time I've heard that today..." Andre came over as if on cue and they greeted each other enthusiastically. "I'm kind of flattered that so many people from other regions were interested in coming to Kanto," she said with a smile. "It may not have the same historical beauty as Kalos, but there's many interesting locations. In recent years there's been a huge increase in the variety of pokemon, so it's a great place for trainers!" Most of her research was dedicated to learning about how pokemon adapted to changes in their environment, so this was a subject of curiosity for her. Flabebe, for instance, was the most recent addition to Route 1, having flocked here once the flowerbeds started to appear.

"So, are these two Pokemon your partners?" Alyssa asked, referring to Jolie and Tetra.

"Yes, this is my new partner, Tetra," Miella said with a smile.

Tetra raised a stubby arm in greeting from her trainer's shoulder. "Squirtle, squirt!" She then took the opportunity to jump down and pull on Miella's pant leg, gesturing to the tall grass.

Miella glanced down. "Be patient, okay?" Tetra did not look impressed, but didn't whine about it.

A new boy rushed over to them and introduced himself as Rodrigo Fuentes. Apparently he was famous back in Sinnoh? Miella had never heard of him, but decided against mentioning that. "A-ah, yes, I remember you from the list too... nice to meet you, my name is Miella." Would there be any more of them coming? Perhaps she should wait, just in case...

Mace walked over to their group and looked at Miella. “Say, Miella, there's a Pokemon Center up ahead right?”

"Yes, of course!" Miella said quickly. "Pallet Town is the only major community that doesn't have one. Still, we're happy to heal pokemon at the Laboratory. Anyways, you'll find the Viridian Pokemon Center if you head into town and simply walk straight. You can't miss it. They have a gym too, but the leader is almost never there... we might have to skip over it and head to Pewter City, which is just beyond Viridian Forest..." She just barely contained a shudder at the idea of having to traverse that dark path. She'd only been in it a handful of times, but it wasn't an experience she was looking forward to repeating. "...A-anyways, what do you guys want to do? We could probably make Pewter City by early evening if we only make a brief stop at Viridian, or we could take our time and set off tomorrow morning."

Schade

Metallic Wonder
=----------------~*~----------------=
Zachary Lascelles
Pallet Town - Route 1
Affected RP'ers:
Dunno yet​

The rest of the trip went seemingly normal, without major happenings. It seemed no one was interested in talking with Zach, or were busy on their own. He was still pretty tired after the Spearow attack, and knew that he probably didn't look too well. His pants were greenish from when he hit the ground, his hair was a mess, and his shirt was wrinkly.. Ew. Al this made him re-consider everything he had ever done in his life, and he was kinda bummed out as he didn't think Pokemon Trainer-life would be so rough. On the other side though, he still had that Spinarak with him. He knew that he still hadn't oficially caught it yet, so he took up one of his Luxury Balls and pointed it to his head where the tiny Spider was sitting. "You wanna go inside this?" he asked cheerfully, to which spinarak responded by wiggling its mandibles while making a cheerful noise. Zach bopped the tip of the ball, and Spinarak was sucked into it in a red light. The Luxury Ball only wiggled once before going quiet, sealing the capture. Luxury Balls were the finest Pokeballs there were, and Zach knew that Spinarak, or tira, as he wanted to name her, would be in a good place.

After the capure, his Pokedex made a plingy sound. He took it up, and saw a new entry on Spinarak.
"Spinarak, the String Spit Pokémon.
Spinarak can climb any surface easily, and shoot a strong web from both the front and back of its body.
Its prey is caught and held tight in its web."

The entry also had a smal detailed 3D version of a spinarak, as well as a list of moves this particular Spinarak knew.
"Let's see.. Poison sting, String Shot, Scary Face and.. Night Slash?" Zach said, confused by why this little critter would know an awesome move like Night Slash. He shrugged it off, trying not to imagine the cute little Spinarak as the main antoganist of a gory slasher-movie.

further ahead, Zach saw that a few more new Pokemon Trainers had joined them. He didn't recognize them from Pallet Town, and assumed they were just late for the party. Luckily, they managed to catch up with the rest, allthough the group was starting to grow now. The newcomers didn't look too flashy, and Zach would have to introduce himself to them at a later point. He wasn't really interested in new friendships besides his Pokemon, and was too gloomy and bad-looking to even bother trying. Instead, he took out his phone, and dialed a text for his personal assistant, Lucinda, and told her to get a change of clothing for him at the Viridian Pokemon Center. She and her Abra could Teleport more or less anywhere, making Lucinda his personal favorite amongst assistants. She was usually in charge of getting him to his appointments if he was late, and fetching his latte after walking down the runway, but she was not above doing simple tasks like these too.

Zach released Tira (Spinarak), and she quickly climbed up to his head, looking around at the others. She clutched her tiny legs around his head as if she was nervous, or just deathly afraid of falling off. Zach picked up the pace, and walked amongst some of the others. He didn't really feel like talking, so he started humming an eerie tune as he walked.

Monster Guy

Fairy type Trainer
Andre Bellamy
Route 1
Pokemon: Jolie, (Cleffa) Rose (Flabébé)
Affected RPers: The top co-ordinator, Tangeh, Cobalt XIV

The new girl, who called herself Alyssa, was very enthusiastic to meet Andre, which made him smile. He always liked meeting his fans. "Merci beaucoup! I shall very much be looking foward to travelling with you as well!"

Miella then went on to say something about Kanto having interesting locations, and a wide variety of Pokemon. Andre certainly hoped the former was true. He had been to a few regions either for work or vacation, but he had never been to Kanto. So far, the most interesting thing he found on this trip was the flowerbed he found Rose in.

So, are these two Pokemon your partners?" Alyssa asked, referring to Jolie and Miella's Squirtle.

Andre nodded. "Oui, she is." He picked up the small pink Fairy type, and started stroking her head, which she seemed to like. "I have had her for a long time, she is almost like a little sister to me. Which reminds me, I need to get to a Pokemon Center soon..."

A new boy came over to them and introduced himself as Rodrigo Fuentes. Apparently, his family was famous back in Sinnoh. Andre thought he dressed well, although didn't care for the amount of scruff covering his face. Andre didn't much care for facial hair on men, and didn't like kissing guys with too much of it. Apparently he was famous back in Sinnoh. Andre never kept up with the battling circuit, but Andre decided not to mention it, because that's what he would prefer someone do if they somehow had never heard of him. "Pleasure to meet you Rodrigo."

After answering another girl's question, Miella asked if they wanted to spend the spend the night in Viridian City and travel to Pewter City in the morning, or get to Pewter by this evening. Andre thought the answer to this question was obvious, and wasted no time answering. "We can go to Pewter in the morning. Who wants to go through a forest in the middle of the night? What if we get lost and have to camp there? That is not my idea of fun..." Andre had never actually been camping, and based his opinions solely on what he saw on TV and in movies. He would much rather sleep on a real bed, and have working plumbing available. He never understood why some people enjoyed camping, "I can easily get all of us a room in a hotel for the evening!"

Last edited:

VampirateMace

Internet Overlord
Mace
Route 1

Pokemon: Blue (Oddish), Lenore (Purrloin)

Miella replied promptly, “Yes, of course! . . .Pallet Town is the only major community that doesn't have one. Still, we're happy to heal pokemon at the Laboratory. Anyways, you'll find the Viridian Pokemon Center if you head into town and simply walk straight. You can't miss it. They have a gym too, but the leader is almost never there... we might have to skip over it and head to Pewter City, which is just beyond Viridian Forest. . .A-anyways, what do you guys want to do? We could probably make Pewter City by early evening if we only make a brief stop at Viridian, or we could take our time and set off tomorrow morning."

The gym was probably closed? Mace sighed, as a new trainer, she had to admit she'd been looking forward to having a gym battle as soon as possible. . . but a trip through the forest sound kind of nice. And even if it got dark, that would be okay with her, as different Pokemon tended to come out at night.

Andre wasn't having any of that, “We can go to Pewter in the morning. Who wants to go through a forest in the middle of the night? What if we get lost and have to camp there? That is not my idea of fun. . . I can easily get all of us a room in a hotel for the evening!”

Wow, that as generous. Mace fidgeted, “Are you sure? That feels like we'd taking advantage of you, and it's not like I'm not used to camping. . .” Boy was that true, she never really been able to afford a hotel room. It would be really nice, but at the same time, she felt kind of guilty because she knew she couldn't afford a hotel room.

Mace looked down at Blue in her arms, “What do you say little guy? You ready to go visit the Pokemon Center?”

The top co-ordinator

The Kalos Queen
Alyssa Bogard
Route 1
Pokemon: Elle (Fennekin)
Affected RPers: Tangeh, Monster Guy, VampirateMace
After both Miella and Andre has answered Alyssa's question, confirming that the Squirtle and Cleffa were in fact, their partners, a new boy came over and introduced himself.

“Sorry, I just realized where I know you from,” he said to Andre. “All of you were at the lab earlier. I was a bit late, so I didn’t mingle much. I’m Rodrigo Fuentes, of the Fighting Fuentes Family. They’re pretty well-known back in Sinnoh.” The boy stated, though Alyssa was a tad annoyed that he hadn't asked her what her name was, that didn't matter as she also didn't recognise his name or that of his family's, after all, Alyssa did come from the Kalos region.

“Hi there, I'm Mace, Lucile Mace.” said another girl who had come over to join the small group, apparently named Lucille. "Hi, I'm Alyssa Bogard! It is nice to mee-" Alyssa began before being cut off, “Say, Miella, there's a Pokemon Center up ahead right?” interrupted Lucille, apparently unaware that Alyssa had been introducing herself or perhaps simply disinterested. To which Miella explained that there was in fact, one in Viridian city.

"...A-anyways, what do you guys want to do? We could probably make Pewter City by early evening if we only make a brief stop at Viridian, or we could take our time and set off tomorrow morning." Miella asked, looking around at the group to hear their responses.

“We can go to Pewter in the morning. Who wants to go through a forest in the middle of the night? What if we get lost and have to camp there? That is not my idea of fun. . . I can easily get all of us a room in a hotel for the evening!” Andre immediately chimed in, clearly not willing to camp, a situation which Alyssa also refused to accept.

“Are you sure? That feels like we'd taking advantage of you, and it's not like I'm not used to camping. . .” Mace responded, looking guiltily down at her Oddish before asking it a question.

"Of course he is sure!" Alyssa responded, eager to get her opinion across, "I personally don't mind who pays, in fact, I'm willing to pay for a hotel if absolutely necessary, but I refuse to camp in some dingy little forest with bugs crawling everywhere! What if we get attacked?" Alyssa exclaimed, frightened at the prospect of roughing it in Viridian forest, having never slept anywhere away from home that didn't have room service.

Last edited:

legnak

Alvion Region it is!
Legna James Krad
Ferry - Pallet Town

"There it is, Pallet town!" Legna exclaimed rather excitedly as he seen the horizon breech with landmass. 'two hours late already, I hope we're not too late. He thought as he looked down at Aron, his companion. To Legna, Hours seemed like days, Wingulls faded from view as pidgey started to replace them overhead, Aron was obviously getting nervous as the ferry moved towards the docks, only to be waiting in line by another, which had just started departure, what seemed like another hour went by as the ship started to depart finally. By the time the ferry came to a full halt, Aron had become drowsy and almost unable to walk.

"Come on buddy, up we go." Legna chuckled as he picked the little pokemon up along with his Duffle-bag, "This isn't like the tropical paradise you're used to Aron, we're going to see a bunch of new pokemon that we've never seen before on here.", Upon hearing that Aron perked up a little to see his surroundings, gazing upto the skies, Pidgey and Starly could bee seen in large flocks and making large amounts of noise, at that point the little pokemon made an excited squeal and held tighter to Legna's shoulder. After about fifteen minutes of looking to Proffessor Oaks Lab, Legna assumed this the building and walked in.

"Ah, you must be Legna, I was worried you were having second thoughts on coming along, you see, everyone else has already arrived and left." An elderly, grey-tan haired man said as he stood up from his desk.

"My apologies sir, ferries at the dock were a little... jammed." Legna chuckled as he nervously scratched the back of his head.

Professor Oak gave an understanding "hmmm" as he got Legna's paper work set up. "Alright then, Legna, I will need you to take care of these files before we can make you an official Kanto trainer, any questions?"

"Nah, I think I'll be able to manage, thanks." Legna said as he received his paperwork and sat down at one of the desks, for the next thirty minutes he had sat there as Aron stayed by his feet, staring at the other pokemon in the area, as a curious Bulbasaur had approached to investigate the the Ironclad pokemon, Aron started to become restless, only to eventually let out a frightened whimper, "it's okay buddy, he won't bite." Legna stopped to give Aron a reassuring pat on the head in on hand and a gentle rub on the Bulbasaurs head. Despite the reassurance, Aron was still overly uneasy around the plant pokemon, shortly afterwards, Legna finished his paperwork, and was prepared to take his ID Photo.

"You're lucky on one thing," Professor Oak laughed, "Earlier there was a rather rambunctious Cleffa that was quite the diva." Followed by a few of the staff chuckling, after a short bit Legna had his picture taken and his pokedex, and badge case selected; a white one with yellow buttons and a black case with red trim. "Now, before I let you go on your journey here in the Kanto region," Professor Oak said as he put his hand on Legna's right shoulder. "i must let you know that, despite what beauty and wonder you will find throughout the region, there will always be danger, I can entrust you with these Pokeballs to make good use of them, now, Legna, you be safe out there, you and Aron have some untapped potential that I am excited to see." The Professor finished as he handed Legna 5 Pokeballs.

"Thanks," Legna smiled as he put all his new belongings in his bag, shook hands with the Professor and walked outside. Well, it's official, we're on our own journey! Legna thought to himself as he did a victorious fist pump in the air with his right arm. well, that would be awkward if someone else saw that, He then thought when he seen Aron looking up at him with a enlightened smile, "C'mon Aron, let's head out to route One."

Pallet Town - Route 1

Seeing that he was trailing farther behind than the rest of the people he was supposed to be with, Legna decided that a little extra training wouldn't hurt any, so with Aron close on his heels, the two went into the tall grass, looking for some trouble; moments passed as the two awaited for any type of movement, then it happened, a pair of long ears protruded from the haze of vegetation, it was a bunnelby scouting the area, "Aron, here's our chance, use Mud Slap!" Legna shouted with some excitement for his first battle. A-Aro! Aron responded excitedly as he hurled a large glob of mud and dirt at the small pokemon's face, before the Bunnelby could react, the flying mud-pie smacked it across the face, causing it to fall backwards, "Now, Aron! use tackle!", Aron quickly charged the pokemon, knocking it onto the ground I think it would be unfair not to let the little guy try and get a hit in. Legna thought as he seen the little Bunnelby struggle to get up, but unfortunately the weakened pokemon couldn't even stand up, collapsing to the ground, Legna then reached for a pokeball, but stopped That Bunnelby went down way to easily... and Professor Oak said this region was dangerous, keeping this little guy with me would be dangerous not only to me, but his safety as well... "Heh, Maybe next time... Great job Roro, first battle!" He said, picking up Aron and hugged him after putting the pokeball back.

"Aron, it's up to you buddy, should we try and catch up with the rest of the group? or shall we hang back?" Legna asked his Aron as they got back to the road way. Ro-Ro Aro... Aron said rather timidly as he hid behind Legna's leg, "Heh, I guess that's a fall back, alright buddy, but sooner or later we're going to have to meet them, and you'll have to get to know the other Pokemon, but lets take that one step at a time," Legna said as he inspected Aron to see if he was all alright.

As Legna passed by a fallen tree, a taller looking man darted from behind it and took off towards Viridan City, with an Aron in his arms. "Well, that's something you don't see every day." Legna said as he took a look at Aron hopping around, Before they continue Legna was almost dive bombed by a low flying Pokemon, "Eeeeeeeroooooow! a sharp, shrill cry came from the Pokemon as it flew up to a nearby tree, shortly followed by a massive uproar of similar sounding cries. "That... Can't be good... Aron, I think it's time to move." A-Ro

Cobalt XIV

Rodrigo Fuentes
Route 1
Pokemon: Larkspur the Budew
Affected RPers: The top co-ordinator, Tangeh, Monster Guy, VampirateMace

Alyssa and Andre hit it off right away, bonding over fashion and their home, Kalos. Alyssa snuggled her Fennekin named Elle. That was the first time Andre had ever seen a Fennekin in person. It was a beautiful pokemon. Another trainer from the lab walked over to join the group. Her name was Lucile Mace. It was an uncommon name, but a memorable one. Rodrigo assumed she went by Mace since she introduced herself with that name first.

“Nice to meet’cha all,” Rodrigo said before specifically saying to Alyssa. “Your Fennekin has a lovely coat… I didn’t catch your name.”

No one recognized Rodrigo’s family, which was to be expected. After all, Sinnoh was long way from Kanto. His brother was working on establishing the family names elsewhere, while he did work here. Of course, his parents would prefer him doing so by battling, but the chips have fallen where they may.

Miella mentioned crashing in Viridian City. They could make it to Pewter City today, but night would have fallen by the time of their arrival. Andre offered to pay for a hotel for everyone. A lovely idea to Rodrigo, but he’d never seen the hotels of Kanto. Considering that the Sinnoh was known for its resort area, he figured the hotel in Viridian City would pale in comparison. Mace seemed apprehensive about accepting Andre’s offer.

"Of course he is sure! I personally don't mind who pays, in fact, I'm willing to pay for a hotel if absolutely necessary, but I refuse to camp in some dingy little forest with bugs crawling everywhere! What if we get attacked?" Alyssa said. I doubt that would happen. Rodrigo sat on his opinion. No need to rustle feathers early on. He knew how to camp as he, his father and brother would go once a month.

“I wouldn’t mind camping out, but for me, it doesn’t matter either way. Would anyone happen to know where the nearest contest hall would be?” Rodrigo asked. “Miella, you mentioned a gym in Viridian City and Pewter City, but not a contest hall. I’m working on being a coordinator.”

Last edited:

The top co-ordinator

The Kalos Queen
Alyssa Bogard
Route 1
Pokemon: Elle (Fennekin)
Affected RPers: Cobalt XIV

Nice to meet’cha all,” Rodrigo said before specifically saying to Alyssa. “Your Fennekin has a lovely coat… I didn’t catch your name.” Rodrigo finally asked Alyssa, "Hey, I'm Alyssa Bogard! And this is my partner Elle... Thank you! I brush, wash and groom her coat every day just to ensure that everyone else sees her shine the way I do!" Alyssa replied, snuggling into her Fennekin.

After Alyssa had made her stand on camping, Rodrigo decided to offer his opinion, “I wouldn’t mind camping out, but for me, it doesn’t matter either way. Would anyone happen to know where the nearest Contest hall would be?” Rodrigo asked. “Miella, you mentioned a gym in Viridian City and Pewter City, but not a contest hall. I’m working on being a coordinator.” Rodrigo asked, clearly stating his dream to everyone.

"I must admit... I was wondering that myself" Alyssa stated, though she did not like camping, she did have one thing in common with Rodrigo. "My goal is to be Top coordinator" Alyssa said, turning to look Rodrigo in the eyes, "So I guess that means that we're going to be rivals, but Elle and I won't lose!" Alyssa exclaimed, pleased to have someone to share her goals and passions with yet wary as she knew that they would be each others main competition.

After saying her piece, Alyssa turned to face the rest of the group. "So, where are the contests halls at? and by the way, we might want to start heading over to the Pokemon center, your Pokemon all look pretty worn out" Alyssa stated, turning her attention to those that had already battled.

Last edited:

DVB

Philosopher Knight
Diego Vendrix
Route 1 (On Route to Viridian City)
Pokemon: Pikachu
Affected RPers: Monster Guy (momentarily)

"Well, there is Mimic, which I taught to Pikachu," Diego said over to Andre. He was glad someone was willing to take him up on the offer. In the meanwhile however, they all went on ahead with them meeting a new girl. Andre chuckled as he saw Andre also greet her with a kiss. "He's a really good guy," Diego said voer to Pikachu. Pikachu smiled and nodded as he agreed before spotting something flashing in the tree.

He poked his trainer to face the ominous figure. It was a Hoothoot. Apparently, the ruckus caused by the new trainers awoke. It looks crank and agitated. It flew from the tree when Pikachu called out to it. It was time to fight. "All right Pikachu, use Thunder Shock," Diego called out. Pikachu leaped and unleashed a jolt of electricity toward the Hoothoot. The Hoothoot took the jolt before it dove at Pikachu to do a Tackle.

"Pikachu, remain firm," Diego said, having an idea. Pikachu remained firm with arms extended as it caught the Hoothoot as he tackled Pikachu. Pikachu slid back while holding tight.

"Use Thundershock!" Diego said with a smile. The Hoothoot blanched at it realzied it flew into a trap. Pikachu held tight before using the Thundershock until the Hoothoot was very exhausted. Diego then took out a Pokeball and flung it at the Hoothoot which Pikachu had let go of. The ball shook a bit before it settled.

"I caught a Hoothoot!" Diego said as he grabbed the Pokeball and celeberated alongside Pikachu.

legnak

Alvion Region it is!
Legna James Krad
Pokemon: Aron
Route 1
Affected Players: theGOAT

The trees rattled with an uproar, massive amounts of calling could be heard as Legna picked up Aron to start picking up the pace, and then it happened, hordes of small black birds with red feathers came out of the trees attacking Legna and Aron, with one of them knocking into the back of Legna's head, he lost his footing and tripped, not wanting to land on Aron, he tossed the little Pokemon a head of him.

"Aron! Get to cover!" Legna shouted as he pointed at a hollowed out log, to which Aron refused and started shouting at the Spearow, attracting them towards him, "Aron what are you doing!" Legna said as he regained his footing, only to see five Spearow mobbing Aron.

'Arrrrrr' Aron growled as he started to tackle each one the moment they let up on him, one by one, the Spearow started getting worn out by the constant attacking of the Steel type pokemon and doing almost nothing to slow it down, shortly after, most of the birds flew off, exhausted by the onslaught, Aron was then obviously getting worn down by the constant movement as Legna made sure no other Spearow came in from anywhere, only to be cut off from his guard when one of the Spearow made a shrill screech from getting hit rather hard, okay, it's obvious that these Pokemon can hold thier own in a battle, I think its time to claim one as my own, Legna thought as he pulled a pokeball out and aimed at the injured spearow, as he threw the pokeball, the flying type pokemon caught a glimpse of the incoming capsule and tried to fly away and evade it, but failed, the pokemon faded into a red light and went into the ball, one shake, two shakes, Legna's palm started to sweat in both nervousness and excitement, the ball exploded open with the Spearow standing there looking bewildered and shocked. "Oh come on, I had that in the bag!" Legna shouted as he pulled out another pokeball in attempt to capture the Spearow again, this time the pokemon was too confused to move and was captured, one... two... three... *Click* the pokeball stopped rattling and gave a small flash of light from the center button.

"Aron... Buddy, we, we did it! We caught our first Pokemon!" Legna said as he went to pick up Aron and the pokeball, 'A' Aron muttered, extremely exhausted from the battle, "Alright buddy, I tell ya what, we'll take a break from training today, let's go get some rest at the Pokecenter in Viridian city shall we? It shouldn't be that long of a trek." To which Aron replied with a small sigh and laid his head on Legna's shoulder. Legna then put the newly caught Pokemon's ball on his belt holster and retrieved his Pokedex to register it, after learning it was a female he opted to call her "Edge". Legna then made his way to Viridian City and got to the pokecenter, shortly after entering, the doors swung open and someone knocked into him, almost making him lose his balance.

"Kinda in a hurry there Ain't ya?" Legna said somewhat comically in a forgein accent as he turned to see who bumped into him.

TheGOAT

Mac-Daddy
Keith "Mac" McArthur
Pokemon: Mace (Aron,) Serene (Shinx)
Viridian City Pokecenter

*Thud*

Mac and Mace had ran into somebody when they ran through the doors. Mac lost his balance and fell, dropping Mace a few feet in front of him.

"Kinda in a hurry there, ain't ya?" The stranger said.

Gathering his senses, Mac looked up and saw a boy, someone around his age give or take a few years.
"yeah, I'm sorry about that, me and Ol' Mace over there," he pointed to Mace, who was just getting up and wandering around, "We just caught out first Pokemon, so we ran to the Center to heal up and rest for the night. Mac reached down and picked up his hat, positioning it back on his head, then stuck out his hand, "Name's Keith McArthur, but everyone calls me Mac. Pleased to meet ya!" Mac said with a friendly grin, "That's Mace, and this is..." Mac pulled out a pokeball and pressed the center button releasing his newly caught Shinx. "...Serene."

"Shi-Shiiiiinx!" Serene let out, looking to be happy out of the pokeball.

"Your name is?" Right then was when Mac noticed a small Pokemon hiding behind the trainer.

"Is that... Another Aron?" Mac said with a huge grin, squatting down and digging in his bag, he then stuck out his hand with some poke food,
And waited to see what the small still Pokemon would do.

Tangeh

Miella Reeves
Route 1
Affected: VampirateMace, The top co-ordinator, Monster Guy, Cobalt XIV

Miella listened as the group gave their opinions, all the while ignoring Tetra as she pulled on her leg to go train some more.

"We can go to Pewter in the morning. Who wants to go through a forest in the middle of the night?" Andre said pointedly. Miella wholeheartedly agreed... it was dark enough during the day! Nobody argued for the other option, so Miella figured they'd be sleeping in Viridian for the night. Andre offered to get everybody a room in a hotel for the evening as if that were no big deal. ...To be fair, Miella guessed it probably wasn't a big deal to him. Did Viridian even have a hotel? She supposed they must, though she doubted they'd be up to the standards of a movie star. Celadon City was the only place that would, being well-known for the luxurious Celadon Hotel. There was talk that they were working on allowing pokemon inside so long as they were kept in their pokeballs. She wondered if a decision had been made yet.

As for herself, she felt lucky to be able to work at something she loved for above minimum wage (even if it wasn't much over minimum wage), but felt uncomfortable with the offer and was relieved when Mace expressed her thoughts for her. "That's very generous of you..." Miella began carefully. "But - "

"Of course he is sure!" Alyssa interrupted brightly. Miella glanced between her and Andre. They definitely seemed to be cut from the same stone - was everyone in Kalos like this...? 'Don't be ridiculous, Miella...'

Mace and Rodrigo mentioned camping as an alternative, so Miella quickly rushed to correct them. "Pokemon Centers in Kanto offer free food, pokemon health care, and lodging to all registered trainers, so don't worry about that. Sorry, maybe I should have mentioned that sooner..." Were things different in other regions? Why hadn't she looked this up!

Rodrigo asked her about the Kanto Contest Halls, and Alyssa expressed her own curiosity on the matter. Miella nodded and fished in her purse. She pulled out a small pamplet. "Well, I know the first contest hall is located in Cerulean, which is the next town after Pewter City..." She skimmed the guidebook. "According to this, it's about a three-day trek from Pewter City to Cerulean City... there's a pokemon center just before Mt. Moon though." She waved the book around a bit before putting it back. "You can grab these for free at any pokemon center, by the way."

"Squirtle..." Tetra complained, clearly bored by the talk.

Miella looked down at her. "Alright you, let's just rest at the pokemon center first, alright? We still have lots of time left in the day to train."

OOC: NEW LOCATIONS AVAILABLE:

Route 22: This path leads to the Pokémon League Front Gate, which in turn leads to Victory Road – the true test for trainers who have collected all eight gym badges. Compared to the pokémon on Victory Road, the wild encounters on Route 22 are laughably weak. Two areas of thick grass and a small pond pose minor barriers in the way of the Pokémon League Front Gate, but newer trainers may enjoy it as a secluded training ground.

Accessible from: Viridian City, Pokémon League Front Gate / Route 23

-> Wild Pokémon:

Very Common: Nidoran♂, Nidoran♀
Common: Rattata, Spearow, Mankey, Ledyba
Uncommon: Bidoof, Poliwag
Rare: Seedot, Kricketot
Very Rare: Dunsparce

Route 2: A winding path that leads to Viridian Forest. The trees become gradually thicker as you approach the forest’s entrance. Diglett’s Cave is inaccessible due to the overgrowth of trees, though Viridian City is planning on cutting a path in the near future. Compared with Route 1, Route 2 is much flatter and has a well-defined path to guide travellers. The grass on this area is sparse, but pokémon still take refuge where they can find it.

Accessible from: Viridian City, Viridian Forest, Diglett’s Cave (blocked)

-> Wild Pokémon:

VERY COMMON: Pidgey, Rattata
COMMON: Hoothoot, Spinarak, Bunnelby, Starly
UNCOMMON: Caterpie, Weedle, Panpour, Pansear, Pansage
RARE: Nincada, Ledyba, Timburr
VERY RARE: Plusle, Minun

PeeGee

ROAWR!
Joseph Hildebrand
Route 1 -> Viridian City PokeCentre

As if by a magical coincidence, just after Joseph told Chrys that he needed to get her to a Centre, he just happened to walk close enough to hear Miella tell some of the others where the PokeCentre was in Viridian City.Okay, so he knew where the Centre was now, he just needed to get there. Joseph didn't want to stray too far from the group, after all this was a completely new region for him and the aspiring botanist didn't know much about Kanto other than the native grass species. Screw it, everyone should hopefully be going there anyways, and Chrys was definitely not in good condition and Joseph didn't want to let her suffer anymore.

The way to the PokeCentre wasn't very long, and it was pretty straightforward to get to. Thankfully the process of actually getting his pokemon healed wasn't very difficult, he merely had to walk up to the Nurse Joy and hand the pair over and just wait.

"Here you are sir," said the nurse, handing over the balls, "Your Treecko and Pidgey are ready to go. We hope to see you again."

She left as Joseph stared at the balls. Pidgey? Didn't he catch a Flabebe? He released both of the pokemon, and sure enough next to Chrys was a small bird.

"This is... unexpected," Joseph said, staring at his new pokemon. Crap, what was he gonna do with his new pokemon?

VampirateMace

Internet Overlord
Mace
Route 1 > Viridian Pokémon Center

Pokemon: Blue (Oddish), Lenore (Purrloin)

“Odd-odd,” agreed Blue, looking up at her with those beady red eyes.

The new girl, who'd introduced herself as Alyssa, commented that she was sure Andre was sure, and that she had no desire to camp and be attacked by bugs. Mace was a little skeptical that the bug problem was that bad.

The new guy asked about contest halls. Mace couldn't care less, but Alyssa was really excited about that and asked if they were rivals, before suggesting they go to the Pokemon Center.

More trainers were moving through the area, seems Kanto was overrun with aspiring young trainers. Some weren't even bothering to stop and introduce themselves. Well, everyone had their own travel preferences, Mace supposed. She'd probably have to go off and train alone at some point if her and her pokemon were going to get really strong, but for now, safety in numbers seemed like a good plan.

Miella corrected the group on camping, “Pokemon Centers in Kanto offer free food, pokemon health care, and lodging to all registered trainers, so don't worry about that. Sorry, maybe I should have mentioned that sooner. . .” And showed them a pamphlet and guidebook, “Well, I know the first contest hall is located in Cerulean, which is the next town after Pewter City. . . According to this, it's about a three-day trek from Pewter City to Cerulean City. . .there's a pokemon center just before Mt. Moon though. . . You can grab these for free at any pokemon center, by the way."

A free place to stay and food, awesome. A free guidebook, nice, Mace loved books, but didn't really have the money for many of her own. Miella addressed her own pokemon, “Alright you, let's just rest at the pokemon center first, alright? We still have lots of time left in the day to train.”

Mace headed for the Viridian Pokemon Center (and I'm presuming at least Miella is as well, but I'll write that aspect vaguely), Blue babbling to her. A couple Pidgey flew out of the tall grass, but other then that the trip was uneventful. Viridian was another small town, and as Miella had mentioned, the Pokemon Center was straight ahead and easy to find. There was also a wide path off to the left that appeared to lead to a nice grassy area. “Wonder what pokemon live there,” Mace mentioned aloud, thinking about team building. She had a grass/poison type, and a dark type, not exactly a balance team yet.

Entering the Pokemon Center, there were a couple of guys chatting near the doors (one offering an Aaron some food), that Mace had to skirt to get inside. She approached the reception desk, where a Nurse Joy was waiting. Mace squinted. Seriously, she looked just like the one at home. Was there some lab somewhere cloning Nurse Joys? The nurse just smiled and commented, “Welcome to the PokeCenter, would you like me to heal your pokemon?”

They even sounded the same. Maybe they were androids? Mace set Blue on the counter and unclipped Purloin's pokeball, “Yeah. Thank you.”

Nurse Joy picked up Blue, “What an adorable little Oddish. Is it a baby?”

Mace set Purloin's pokeball on the counter, “Yeah, I think so. . . maybe. . . I don't really know how old he is. He just followed me home one day.” Nurse Joy made an obligatory, 'Awe,' isn't that cute noise. . . Nope, they probably weren't Androids.

Last edited: