• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Kanto Skies [RP Thread]

TheGOAT

Mac-Daddy
Keith "Mac" McArthur
Pokemon: Mace (Aron), Serene (Shinx)
Affected RP'er's: VampirateMace

Mace, still holding Blue, stood up to face Mac and said, “Hi Mac, yeah I go by my last name, Mace. I never much care for Lucile or Lucy. . . He seems like a smart Pokemon. His being steel type's got to be useful too, I've been thinking about what sort of types I want for my team. You know, it's supposed to be good to have balance, right? Steel wouldn’t be too bad, Grass and Steel are completely different, ooh, and Dark.” Mac saw Mace look at purrloin who seemed to be completely fine grooming herself. Mac looked at the cat and said, "Yeah he's always been pretty smart! But he worked with me and my family. We owned the daycare in Hoenn so he's helped me with a lot of Pokemon and has learned to make all kinds friends."

The famous guy from Kalos Andre and a fan-girl, Mac thought, named Alyssa against two guys named Zach and
Rodrigo. Mac watched as they left to go outside. He was hoping the team against Andre would win. Just because of the strangeness earlier. After they had discussed rules for the final time, they started heading outside. Andre turned from the doorway to blow everyone a
Mace looked back at Mac and said, “Hey, you want to go watch their battle? We can learn a lot just from watching others battle.” Mac Replied with "Sure Serbe needs to watch a battle anyways, and I'm sure my Mace wouldn't mind either. Mace headed for the door, She turned and looked back at her. Purrloin, “Come on Lenore!”

“Purr,” grunted Lenore. As Mac joined Mace and her Pokemon ,Mace explained to her cat, “We're going to watch a battle. Pay attention to what the other pokemon do, okay? Try to think about how you'd dodge their attacks, and how you'd attack them.”

“Purrloin,” agreed Lenore, while Blue babbled, “Odd-Odd.”

"We could sit on the bench that's in the middle and watch them?" Mac pointed out.

As they headed that way and sat down, Mac noticed Serene had positioned herself between him and Mace. What's wrong with you? he thought. Then Mac's Mace ran up and say right between Mac and the other female trainers feet. Looking up at both of them with a cheerful expression.

Mac said to both his Pokemon. "Alright guys, watch carefully. Serene, I'm gonna need you to pay attention so you can learn to battle more. We may go after some gyms while we're traveling. Mace has had some experience back home so he knows a bit. Mace, you watch too. You may pick up on something knew." With that he reached in his bag and grabbed some pokéfood he made for the Pokemon at home. He handed some to Mace, and some to Serene. They gobbled them down.

Mac looked at the trainer beside him, "Hey, Mace. Would Lenore or Blue like some? I have some specific food for all types of Pokemon, here's some for Dark-types, and some for Grass. If Blue doesn't like that I could see if I have any for a poison-type?"

Serene gave a dissatisfied grunt and started grooming herself.

Schade

Metallic Wonder
=----------------~*~----------------=
Zachary Lascelles
Viridian City Pokemon Center
Pokemon: Sneasel (Faust), Spinarak (Tira)
Affected RP'ers:
Cobalt, Mon, Top-Chan​

“I hope that chip doesn’t bear too heavily on your shoulders, Zachary or do you prefer Zach?” Zachs Tag partner said after being yanked in the arm. How he even knew his name, he didn't know, as he was fairly certain he hadn't introduced himself yet. “And, by the way, it’s Rodrigo.” he continued, sounding slightly annoyed. "Ooh. Fancy!" Zach said, giving him a grin. He then pulled away from him to pep talk one of his pokemon. He seemed lost in thought before calling out a Pidgey. A Flying Type would be... Ok, probably. None of Andre or alyssas Pokemon were particularily weak to flying-Types, but it would have to do. He himself was going to use Tira, who he released from her Pokeball.

"Looks like you and I are ging to have our first battle together as a team" he told her in a warm tone. She seemed enthusiastic about the idea, and waved her mandibles in her usual adorable way before starting to climb up to her usual spot on Zachs head. He didn't mind it, despite it probably messing up his hair and making it smell like... Spider.
“My Pokemon are ready. There’s sure to be a judge around somewhere. If not one of the other trainers could help out," Rodrigo mentioned to Alyssa. “I guess that this marks our first proper battle as 'rivals'. After you, Andre. This was your idea after all.”, he finished, gesturing for Andre to make way. "Très bien! And I wish all of you good luck!" Andre replied in his usual way with blowing the group a kiss, before holding the doors open for the rest of the small group.

Zach followed the others around the Pokemon center to a small spot convinient for Pokemon Battles. the air was fresh, and it was a pleasant wind blowing about. This was a good day! “This will be our side. Andre and Alyssa, you take that side,” Rodrigo said. “We will do a simple double battle using one Pokémon each unless someone objects and would rather use two Pokémon. Otherwise, the victors will be the team with at least one Pokémon able to battle. Any questions?” Rodrigo continued. Zach didn't have any questions, so he shook his head slowly in notification. He then turned to Zach. “What Pokémon will you use? I’ll have to use Columbus here. My Budew, Larkspur, wouldn’t stand a chance against her Fennekin,” he said in an enthusiastic tone. He seemed eager to battle, and Zach didn't blame him. Battles were exciting, after all. “I’m not worried about that Cleffa or Flabébé to be honest.” he finished. Zach pointed to his head where Tira was doozing off in the sun and the wind to answer his question.

"I am using Tira. I caught her at Route 1 just now, and want to try her out for a battle. I could easily have defeated the two of them is I were to use Faust, but that doesn't seem fair, really." he continued, and he wasn't wrong.. Kinda. Faust was a strong and fast Pokemon with experience in battles, but if he would defeat Fennekin, he didn't know. the Cleffa wouldn't be too difficult. If Zach knew correct, they couldn't learn any Fairy-type moves until they evolved into Clefairy, so in that area, he was safe. "All right." he said, turning to Rodrigo. "I am counting on you to have my back there, as I will have yours.. You ready?.

The top co-ordinator

The Kalos Queen
Alyssa Bogard
Viridian Pokemon Center>Battlefield
Pokemon: Elle (Fennekin), Peter (Poliwag)
Affected RPers: Monster Guy
"I would suggest the Fennekin." Andre replied as he picked up Jolie into his arms, cuddling her. "I know that Zachary has a Sneasel, and she would have an advantage." He stated, and he was right after all... Elle would definitely be the best choice, she'd already won a few battles back home, and was able to successfully defeat Peter, despite the Type disadvantage.... Not to mention the type advantage that Fennekin would have over 3 of the opposing 4 Pokemon.

As Alyssa was deciding on Fennekin, she heard the sound of a Flabébé, a Pokemon that Alyssa was familiar with, having come from Kalos. "Flabé!" The Flabébé exclaimed, having been released from it's Pokeball. As Alyssa looked at the Flabébé she noticed that rather than a Red fairy flower, it was holding a beautiful rose. "That Flabébé is the cutest I've ever seen Andre!" Alyssa exclaimed.

"Bonjour mademoiselle Rose!" Andre addressed his Flabébé, having appropriately named it Rose. "My name is Andre. I apologize for our encounter earlier. You have chosen a beautiful flower for yourself, and I just had to have you! I think the two of us could be wonderful friends!" He then picked up the small flower fairy up, and tried to put her behind his ear, using her as a fashion accessory.

The Flabébé seemed to get rather mad, Vine Whipping Andre on his cheek before jumping off his head. She refused to be somebody's hair accessory. "Flabébé!" She exclaimed and crossed her arms. Andre rubbed his cheek, the vine whip looked to be rather painful and it likely left a slight stinging sensation. As such, he returned Rose to her Pokeball and started off towards the battlefield.

“My Pokemon are ready. There’s sure to be a judge around somewhere. If not one of the other trainers could help out," Rodrigo mentioned to Alyssa. “I guess that this marks our first proper battle as 'rivals'. After you, Andre. This was your idea after all.” He then motioned to the door.

“My Pokemon are ready. There’s sure to be a judge around somewhere. If not one of the other trainers could help out," Rodrigo mentioned to Alyssa. “I guess that this marks our first proper battle as 'rivals'. After you, Andre. This was your idea after all.” He then motioned to the door, Alyssa was pleased to see her rival reciprocating the feelings of competition towards her, not underestimating her and laughing her off just because of her effeminate nature. Alyssa walked towards the door, following Andre and Rodrigo out, whilst being followed by Zachary herself.

"Très bien! And I wish all of you good luck!" Andre said as he blew everyone a kiss before walking to the door, and holding it open for Alyssa as she approached, she turned and winked at him, knowing that they were going to make great battle partners... and possily great friends. Alyssa then continued to exit onto the battlefield, as Alyssa's eyes adjusted to the bright light of the sun, she was able to see the battlefield for the first time.

The Battlefield was surrounded by an array of beautiful flowers and luscious green grasses, each swaying in the gentle breeze that blew through the air. Alyssa then turned her attention to the battlefield itself, it had a white chalk perimeter, with two large box shapes drawn on either side of the field, apparently being where the opposing trainers/teams would stand, a straight line ran horizontally through the middle, indicating the sides.

“This will be our side. Andre and Alyssa, you take that side,” Rodrigo said. “We will do a simple double battle using one Pokémon each unless someone objects and would rather use two Pokémon. Otherwise, the victors will be the team with at least one Pokémon able to battle. Any questions?”

Alyssa turned to Andre, to ask his opinion, but found that he was busy talking to Jolie, potentially psyching her up for the battle. "Those rules are fine, we accept this challenge!" Alyssa called across to Rodrigo and Zachary, answering for the two of them. Alyssa turned back to Andre, and started speaking of battle strategies with him, softly though, not wanting them to hear. "It appears as though they are using a Pidgey and a Spinarak", Alyssa stated to Andre "We'll both cover each others backs and try to block any attacks that come our way, I should probably take care of that Spinarak, Jolie might have a few problems with it, in the mean time Jolie can try and take out that Pidgey" Alyssa told Andre, who appeared to agree with her. "We have the advantage" Alyssa thought to herself, both her and Andre would be using their partners who they had battled with and were familiar with, Zachary and Rodrigo were using brand new captures.

Alyssa turned and ran into the small little box, marking the area that her and Andre were supposed to stand. "Go Elle! Dazzle and amaze!" Alyssa exclaimed, twirling on a spot, allowing her frilly dress to spin around her elegantly, before gently throwing her Pokeball up into the air, sending out her Fennekin who gracefully took the field and winked. It looked as though this battle was about to get under way.

Last edited:

Tangeh

Miella Reeves
Viridian City Pokecenter -> Battlefield

Miella walked into the pokemon center shortly behind Mace, and coaxed Tetra onto the nurse's counter. The squirtle stared at her trainer with a deadpan look that Miella read as 'we only had one battle mom, I'm fiiiine'. "Please just let them check you out?" Miella pleaded. "I don't know enough yet to know if you're hurt..." As if the idea of not knowing enough frightened her, she hastily dug into her bag and pulled out a book on basic pokemon healthcare while Tetra was whisked away by nurse joy.

Her attention was diverted when Andre suddenly challenged Zach to a double battle, with Alyssa as his partner and Rodrigo soon volunteering for Zach's side. She was impressed that they were all so eager to battle; she felt that she was miles away from being ready for a formal match.

"Here's your squirtle, miss!" Nurse Joy said politely. Miella turned back to collect Tetra, who didn't look much different from when she was dropped off.

"Thank you! Come on Tetra, we should go watch the match. Four of our traveling companions just went onto the pokemon center's battlefield."

Tetra looked a bit disappointed, and pointed toward the opposite exit. "Squirtle, squirt."

Miella shook her head. "We can train later! There's lots of time left because we're going to go to Pewter City tomorrow, remember?" She headed onto the battlefield in time to see Alyssa toss out her fennekin's pokeball. Miella scanned the rest of the field and spotted Mace sitting near a tall young man around their age. She sort of recognized him... was Mace talking to him when they walked in? Wait, did he introduce himself? A bit flustered with embarrassment that she had been too focused on reading to remember, she went to stand by the two sitting on the bench. "Um, hi there!" Miella offered her hand to shake with the boy. "Sorry, um, I'm not sure I caught your name. I'm Miella." She noticed a purrloin sitting by Mace, and took the opportunity to bring it up. "Mace, did you catch that purrloin on Route 1?" she asked, sounding impressed. "They're rather rare, you know. I hardly ever see them, especially this time of day! And the shinx, too!" And here she was not even able to catch a rattata... she knew she'd need to fix that soon if she wanted to keep up with everyone!

Tetra raised an arm in greeting as well. "Squirtle!" She soon noticed that the other four pokemon were eating, and went curiously over to investigate. Miella turned to watch, worried because she didn't know her new partner well enough to know how she would react, but fortunately Tetra merely greeted the others and turned to watch the battle.

Last edited:

VampirateMace

Internet Overlord
Mace
V. City - Battlefield

Pokemon: Blue (Oddish), Lenore (Purrloin)

Mace and Mac walked their pokemon out to the 'battle field', behind the group of actual battlers. Mac suggested they sit on a bench situated in the middle of the sidelines, as they’d have a great view of the battle.

As Rodrigo laid out the rules for his fellow battlers, Mace and Mac took their seats, with Mac's pokemon insisting on sitting between them. They looked awfully happy, Mace chuckled. She kept Blue in her lap, and Purloin sat down gracefully on the other side of her feet from the aron.

Mac gave his pokemon a pep talk, “Alright guys, watch carefully. Serene, I'm gonna need you to pay attention so you can learn to battle more. We may go after some gyms while we're traveling. Mace has had some experience back home so he knows a bit. Mace, you watch too. You may pick up on something new.” Okay, that was going to be distracting if he said their name a lot during the battle.

“Hey, Mace. Would Lenore or Blue like some? I have some specific food for all types of Pokemon, here's some for Dark-types, and some for Grass. If Blue doesn't like that I could see if I have any for a poison-type?” continued Mac. Mace looked up, realizing he was talking to her this time. Pokefood? She smiled and accepted, “Yeah, sure, that would be great. Thank you very much!”

Mace set the Dark-type kibble blocks down for Lenore, who gave a soft, “reow,” and sniffed at them. Then she held one of the Grass chow blocks up for Blue, who started gnawing on it without a second thought.

The battlers started selecting their pokemon; Pidgey and Spinarak against Fennekin and Cleffa.

“Um, hi there!” commented a voice. Mace looked up, Miella had joined their crowd, “Sorry, um, I'm not sure I caught your name. I'm Miella. . . Mace, did you catch that Purrloin on Route 1? They're rather rare, you know. I hardly ever see them, especially this time of day! And the Shinx, too!”

“Purrloin,” announced Lenore loudly, possibly in recognition that Miella was talking about her.

“Yeah,” enthused Mace, “I found her along the treeline. It wasn't that long of a battle though, she might need quite a bit of training. . .” Mace remembered her Pokedex, and pulled it out, aiming it at Lenore, she hadn't bothered to read the whole entry earlier. She scanned the dex info, it ended with a list of Lenore's moves; Scratch, Growl, Assist, Fury Swipes. . . and Pay Day? Wait, what?

Last edited:

Monster Guy

Fairy type Trainer
Andre Bellamy
Battlefield
Pokemon: Jolie, (Cleffa) Rose (Flabébé)
Affected RPers: The top co-ordinator, Schade, Cobalt XIV

Andre and the others walked out to where the Battlefield was. It was well tended to, surrounded by a bunch of beautiful flowers and green grass. “This will be our side. Andre and Alyssa, you take that side,” Rodrigo said. “We will do a simple double battle using one Pokémon each unless someone objects and would rather use two Pokémon. Otherwise, the victors will be the team with at least one Pokémon able to battle. Any questions?”

Andre shook his head no, and walked over to his side of the field. He still held Jolie in his arms, and stroked her head. "It is our first battle. I have confidence you will do well." Andre said to his Pokemon.

Jolie nodded her head. "Cleffa."

As the other two trainer's talked about their strategy, Alyssa turned to Andre, and started speaking of battle strategies with him. "It appears as though they are using a Pidgey and a Spinarak", Alyssa stated to Andre "We'll both cover each others backs and try to block any attacks that come our way, I should probably take care of that Spinarak, Jolie might have a few problems with it, in the mean time Jolie can try and take out that Pidgey"

Andre nodded in agreement. He knew that Spinaraks were part Poison, and Fairy types like Jolie were weak to Poison. "Keep the spider away from Jolie, and we should be fine." He also knew that Jolie had few direct damaging moves. One of them was Magical Leaf, and both these Pokemon resisted Grass type attacks. He would just have to rely on inflicting status conditions and Pounding them, and hopefully Alyssa could take care of the rest.

Alyssa then sent out her Pokemon while doing a twirl. Andre giggled, then set his Pokemon down. He would have done something similar, but Jolie was out of her ball already. "Jolie ma chérie, it is your cue!"

The small pink Fairy type strutted onto the battlefield confidently, waving to all the people and Pokemon watching. She finished with a wink, and blowing a kiss. Then she cringed in disgust when she saw the Spinarak in front of her. "Cleffa!"

"If it is alright, I think I will start this. Jolie, use Sweet Kiss on the Pidgey!" He threw his arm up in the air, and paused for dramatic effect. "Then Pound it!"

Jolie nodded, then winked, and blew another kiss. This time, sending a large pink heart in the Pidgey's direction. Then she ran over to the hopefully confused Pidgey in an effort to Pound it.

Last edited:

legnak

Alvion Region it is!
Legna James Krad
Viridian City
Pokemon: Aron, Edge(Spearow)

It had appeared that everyone had decided to take the battle outside, which was more than likely for the best, mainly to prevent property damage. Legna stood up to trail behind the group to go see the battle, 'Ro...' Aron said begrudgingly as he tailed behind Legna, still unwilling to meet new people. "C'mon Aron, we're just going to see how our competition handles against each other." Legna said, picking the Iron armored pokemon up, seeing everyone making their final preparations seemed to perk Aron up just a little.

"Well buddy, what are we gonna do?" Legna said as he scanned the area to see a good view of the battle, to which he found a bench on the other side of the battlefield, to which the two went to and sat down at and promply opened his bag to find a cigar, "Aron, did you see me pack my cigars?" He said after being unable to find any, 'Aro' Aron said as he shook his head negatively, to which Legna only gave a little 'tch' and pulled out some pokefood and zipped the bag up, Aron quickly hopped onto Legna's lap and started to reach for the food before Legna had a chance to even react. "You really must be hungry ain't ya, well, now that I think of it, we haven't had anything to eat since we've arrived to Kanto," Legna Chuckled as he handed Aron the food.

At that time everyone that was partaking in the battle had chosen their pokemon; Pidgey, Spinarak, Fennekin, and a Cleffa, to which the latter of them made a disgusted look at the little spider pokemon, "That's not very sportsman like..." Legna Commented as he analyzed the battle layout. ' Despite the fact that the Pidgey and Spinarak have a solid synergy between the two, they're going to have a rather big issue with that Fennekin, if that Fennekin can be stopped by Sand attack or something, they'll have a guaranteed win, that's if that Spinarak can out-maneuver any fire moves that come at it, it would easily stop that Cleffa.' Legna thought, trying to determine the outcome of the battle. 'Roooo-Aro!' Aron exclaimed as he managed to spot Mac's Aron from across the battlefield. "Aron, if you go around the battlefield and not through it, you can go see if he wants to play." Legna chuckled as he helped Aron down, and before he could think twice, Aron started hopping towards Mac's Aron though the battlefield.
"AROUND!" Legna shouted. Aron then stopped looked back, made a small smile and ran around the field.

Cobalt XIV

Rodrigo Fuentes
Battlefield, Viridian City
Pokemon: Larkspur the Budew, Columbus the Pidgey
Affected RPers: Monster Guy, Schade, The top co-ordinator

The crowd grew larger. Some of the new trainers joined the residents of Viridian City. Murmurs filled the air as the anticipation built. The excitement was palpable. Rodrigo inhaled, taking in the moment. Butterflies danced in his stomach. This was the type of nervousness that wasn't nervousness at all. It was much more pleasant than that. Zach confirmed that he would use his Spinarak instead of Sneasel, which was probably for the best.

"I am counting on you to have my back there, as I will have yours," Zack said. "You ready?"

"Of course," Rodrigo said. "Columbus and I will focus on Elle. Jolie is all yours."

Alyssa twirled on the spot and shouted, "Go, Elle! Dazzle and amaze!"

Elle appeared on the battlefield with a grace typical of a Virizion. She winked at her competitors. Rodrigo approved. He really had to get him a Fennekin at some point.

"Jolie ma chérie, it is your cue!" Andre called out. The Cleffa strutted onto the battlefield, charming the crowd with her sauciness. Whispers and shrieks emitted from the crowd. They were obviously fans of Andre.

"Columbus, let's blow them away!" Rodrigo said. In the process, he flung out an arm pointing towards his opponents. Nothing happened.

"Columbus..." He said with a groan. Some giggles came from the crowd.

"Pidge? Pid, pidgey!" Columbus said, finally understanding that was his cue. He took flight, spiraled into the air and spread open its wings then he hovered over the field, brushing by the flowers. Columbus was showman for sure, something Rodrigo picked up on. He had a sense of humor, too. That would certainly be useful.

"If it is alright, I think I will start this. Jolie, use Sweet Kiss on the Pidgey!" Andre commanded. He paused to ramp up the excitement. "Then pound it."

Jolie gave a coquettish wink and blew a kiss over to Pidgey. An immense pink heart glided over to Columbus.

“Try to dodge it!” Rodrigo said. Columbus flew to his left as the heart drifted by. It nearly made contacted, but it missed by a feather. However, he didn’t anticipate Jolie’s speed. She charged over and whacked Columbus across the face. He tumbled into but regained his balance and returned to the air. Jolie wasn’t his original target, so he needed to deter her.

“Columbus, use Sand Attack then follow up with Gust on that Fennekin!” he said. Columbus mightily flapped its wings and kicked up a blast of dirt to obscure Cleffa’s vision and distract her. It’s wing gained a blue glow then it whipped up a powerful blast of wind directed at Elle. Rodrigo realized that the scales leaned towards Andre and Alyssa, but this only stoked his fires more. He hoped Zachary would be able to take care of Jolie. He did have the advantage in the end. Rodrigo spotted an Aron trying to cut across the field, but thankfully, his trainer corrected it.

Last edited:

PeeGee

ROAWR!
Joseph Hildebrand
Viridian City PokeCentre

"What about you? What are you interested in? What do you hope to accomplish on the journey?" asked Diego, after introducing himself as a Move Tutor in training.

Oh, a Move Tutor in training Joseph thought. How useless. He didn’t have the highest opinion about professions like Move Tutoring, and while Joseph was trying not to let his face show it, he wasn’t entirely sure if he was successful.

Not dwelling on the thought, Joseph instead thought about the other questions that the young man asked. He hadn’t really talked to anyone about what he wanted on his Kanto journey, other than his parents obviously. Not wanting to make the other fellow wait for too long, Joseph himself hated being made to unnecessarily wait, Joseph quickly answered.

“My plan is to be a botanist of sorts. Grass pokemon are my passion, and I want to devote my time to learning everything I can about them. So really as that’s what I want from my journey, I don’t really give two Hoothoots about badges or anything pointless like that. Honestly, the only Gym Leader I have any interest in is Erika,” he said.

A Pikachu waved at the aspiring botanist, and Diego introduced him as... just Pikachu. That was new, to say the least.

“Well this is Chrys,” he said, motioning to the Treecko sitting on Talon, “And that Pidgey is Talon.” When Diego stepped out the way of the people going out to fight, Joseph did as well. “Hmm, looks like someone’s getting ready to battle. It could be interesting to see how people differ in their battle styles.”

The top co-ordinator

The Kalos Queen
Alyssa Bogard
Viridian Battlefield
Affected RPers: Monster Guy, Cobalt XIV, Tangeh
After sending out Fennekin, Alyssa had another thought, considering the fact that the battle hadn't started yet, she asked Elle to stay put before walking along to to bench where Mace, Mac, Legnak and Miella were, "Hey Miella..." Alyssa said before pulling out a Pokeball and sending out her Poliwag, "Poli!" Peter exclaimed, pleased to have been sent out by his new trainer. "Would it be alright if you minded my Poliwag, Peter, here for me?" Alyssa asked, "I want him to watch and learn how Elle and I battle, he needs to learn how to battle with style" Alyssa stated before returning to her position on the battlefield.

As Alyssa had returned, the battle started getting underway. Andre placed down Jolie and she happily made her way to the battlefield confidently, seemingly waving to all the people and Pokemon that were watching. She finished with a wink, and blowing a kiss. But she looked disgusted to see Zachary's Spinarak. "Cleffa!"

"If it is alright, I think I will start this. Jolie, use Sweet Kiss on the Pidgey!" Andre threw his arm up in the air, and paused for dramatic effect. "Then Pound it!"

His Cleffa nodded,before winking, and blew another kiss. This time, sending a large pink heart in the Pidgey's direction. Then she ran over to the hopefully confused Pidgey in an effort to Pound it.

“Try to dodge it!” Rodrigo yelled at his Pidgey. The tiny bird flew to his left as the heart drifted by. It nearly made contact with the Pidgey, but it just missed!"So close!" Alyssa thought to herself, However, Jolie quicklyn followed this up by charging towards the Pidgey and whacking it across the face. The Pidgey flew back from the force but regained his balance and returned to the air.

“Columbus, use Sand Attack then follow up with Gust on that Fennekin!” Rodrigo ordered. The Pidgey flapped its wings and kicked up a blast of dirt to obscure Cleffa’s vision, distracting her but merely acting as a small annoyance, doing no damage. The Pidgey then turned it's attention to Elle, and It’s wings gained a blue glowbefore whipping up a small blast of wind directed at Elle.

"I don't think so!" Alyssa stated, knowing how to deal with the wind, "Elle, use Hidden power with style!" Alyssa commanded, winking at her Pokemon and flipping her hair. Her Fennekin jumped in the air twirling, unleashing a barrage of small purple energy orbs towards the gust, the attacks collided in a shower of dazzling blue and purple sparkles, raining down on Elle and showing her true shine. Smiling, Alyssa called out "You know Rodrigo, if this was a contest battle you would've just lost some points from our style!" Alyssa exclaimed, pleased that her small amount of previous contest training with Elle in Kalos had paid off.

Schade

Metallic Wonder
Zachary Lascelles
Affected RP'ers:
Cobalt, Mon, Top-Chan​

"Of course," Rodrigo answered to Zachs earlier question. "Columbus and I will focus on Elle. Jolie is all yours.". Perfect, Zach thought, looking over at their oponents with a smirk. He knew Fairy-Types were weak to Poison-Type Attacks, and though he didn't want to be cocky about it, he did feel a little better by it. He wanted to let Tira show him what she got, after all.

Alyssa twirled on the spot in an overly, slightly sickening girly fashion, and shouted, "Go, Elle! Dazzle and amaze!"
The Fennekin appeared out of its ball in a manner that looked very thuroughly planned out, and was ready for battle. during this, Tira had jumped down from Zachs head, and had ran over to stand by Rodrigos Pidgey. she looked very excited, not able to stand stil, while franatically wobbeling her mandibles, looking very happy. Did she even know what was going on there? Columbus, let's blow them away!" Rodrigo said. In the process, he flung out an arm pointing towards his opponents. Nothing happened, which earned them giggles from a growing audience. Well that was awkward... "Columbus..." He then said with a groan. "Pidge? Pid, pidgey!", the Pidgey seemed confused for a moment before snapping out of it and took to its wings, flying around in an admittedly magnificent fashion.

"If it is alright, I think I will start this. Jolie, use Sweet Kiss on the Pidgey!" Andre commanded. He paused for some reason before continuing. "Then pound it.". Quite simple moves, to be honest. Jolie gave a coquettish wink and blew a kiss over to Pidgey, followed by a huge pink heart moving towards it. The small bird managed to avoid getting hit, but was hit by Jolies Pound-Attack, which gave away her rather impressive speed. “Columbus, use Sand Attack then follow up with Gust on that Fennekin!” Rodrigo commanded. The Sand Attack seemed to confuse Jolie, and made her hesitate in her movements. Then, it charged Elle with a strong gust of wind, which was interrupted by Eles Hidden Power-move. Rather impressive.

Zach took advantage of Jolies hesitation. "Tira, Aim in Jolie for a String Shot!" He commanded in a determined way, and Tira eagerly moved around for a bit before firing a white string towards Jolie, who seemed dazzled after the Sand Attack Rodrigos Pidgey blasted at her earlier. "Follow that up with a Poison Sting!" he then commanded. Tira obeyed by firing several glowing purple projectiles towards Jolie. Zach was impressed with her so far. She seemed determined to win as well, and she seemed to be enjoying herself. He didn't mind the outcome much, allthough it would be a plus if he won over Andre.

TheGOAT

Mac-Daddy
Keith "Mac" McArthur
Pokemon: Mace, (Aron), Serene, (Shinx)
Poke center battlefield
Affected RP'ers: VampirateMace, Tangeh, Legnak

"Yeah, sure, that would be great! Thank you so much!"

Mac happily handed Mace some pokeblocks, besides, he didn't need any for dark or grass Pokemon because he didn't have any Pokemon of those type.

As Mace and Mac watched the battle, a girl came over, stating she was with the group this morning that Mac had seemed to miss. "Um, hi there!" The girl stuck out her hand to Mac. "Sorry, um, I'm not sure I caught your name, I'm Miella." Mac stood up and shook Miella's hand. "Nice to meet ya! I'm Keith McArthur, but everyone calls me Mac." He noticed he was sounding extra hick today, especially when introducing himself.

Miella noticed Mace's Purrloin, "Mace did you catch that Purrloin on route 1?" Mac guessed they had already became acquaintances of each other. "They're rather rare, you know. I hardly ever see them, especially this time of day. And Shinx too!" Mac looked down at Serene and noticed she had perked up at being called rare. Then Mac saw Miella's Pokemon, a squirtle come up and raise his arm up as to say "Hey everybody!" Mac chuckled, he thought it was pretty cute. "Your squirtle seems to carry himself with some pride and confidence. That's always good. Oh I know! Don't want anyone missing out!" Mac dug around in his bag, "Here you go squirtle, Mac laid out some pokeblocks that was perfect for a water type. "I hope that's alright with you Miella?"

All of a sudden the group heard "Aro!"Mac turned thinking it was his Aron, but noticed it was more... Hopping? And a little bit smaller. "Oh! You're Legna's Aron aren't you little guy?" Mac looked across the battle field and saw Legna, and waved at him. "Mace, why don't you go play with Roro? You two would have fun together!" As Mace took off running with the other Aron to go play, Mac went over and picked up the leftovers Mace didn't eat. "Never finishes and such a messy eater." Mac said. He then noticed Miella, "Here Miella, take my spot. I'm perfectly fine with standing! Oh I almost forgot!" Mace picked up Serene and she climbed to His shoulder, "This is Serene, and the bigger Aron that just ran off was Mace. Just like Mace right here." Mac gave a small laugh. He knew it was gong to be pretty confusing through their adventure.

Tangeh

Miella Reeves
Viridian City Battlefield
On-hand Pokemon: Tetra (Squirtle)
Affected: TheGOAT, The top co-ordinator, VampirateMace

The boy introduced himself as Mac. "It's a pleasure to meet you, Mac," Miella said politely.

Mac went on to compliment Miella's new squirtle for her confidence, and Tetra perked up and crossed her arms with a determined grin on her face. "Squirtle, squirt!" she chanted, sounded pleased. When he offered Tetra some pokeblocks, she bounded over and eagerly dug into them before Miella had a chance to say anything.

Miella giggled. "Thank you! Her name is Tetra. She seems to really be enjoying those pokeblocks!" Miella knew that pokeblocks were used for contest pokemon to increase their condition, so she figured they must be highly nutritious. She would have to look up the details later, as she needed to pay attention to the match right now.

Mace thanked Miella for the compliment, but seemed to have some doubts about her purrloin's abilities. Miella listened curiously as the pokedex relayed off a few of purrloin's moves - including pay day. "That's a practical move..." Miella mused. Realizing she hadn't done so yet, she pointed her own pokedex at Tetra, who was still busy eating. After a quick blurb on how squirtle could retreat into its shell for safety and use water-type attacks, it listed her moves as "tackle, tail whip". That was exactly what Miella had expected, but was eager to see Tetra learn her first water-type attack. This would be especially important if she were thinking of challenging the Pewter City gym. She wondered if she were really prepared for such a feat... She turned to Mace again. "So... are you thinking of taking the gym challenge?" she asked, genuinely curious. Of the four trainer currently engaged in battle, Miella knew that at least two of them were aspiring co-ordinators.

Alyssa then rushed over and asked if Miella would look after her poliwag, Peter. She released him onto the ground beside Miella, where he chirped happily at being released. "Oh, no problem," Miella said with a smile as Alyssa hurried back to the battlefield. Tetra looked on quietly as her mouth was full of pokeblock, but walked over and held out one of the pokeblocks to offer Peter. Miella watched, but didn't intervene. After all, Mac had said they were specifically for water-types.

"Mace, why don't you go play with Roro? You two would have fun together!" Mac suggested, gesturing to an aron hopping toward them. Miella shot Mac a confused look. What an odd thing to say to somebody! He was speaking to the other trainer like she was a child. Miella glanced at Mace, trying to gauge her reaction. Mac then stood up and offered Miella his seat. "This is Serene, and the bigger Aron that just ran off was Mace. Just like Mace right here."

Miella blinked, noticing that his aron had indeed run off after the other aron. Realization dawned on her, and she smiled in relief. "Oh... that makes more sense." She laughed. "I thought you were talking to Mace. Er, this Mace." She gestured to the other girl sheepishly. This might get a bit confusing. She took the empty seat Mac offered her. "Thank you, Mac." She put her bag beside her and rummaged through it for a notebook and pen. She swiftly hit the pen on the notebook to click it to its writing position and then tossed it with her right hand so that it flipped pointy-side down while her left hand leafed efficiently through the pages to open on place she'd left off. It was pretty clear she had done this hundreds of times before. She looked at the battlefield, watching as Andre commanded Jolie to attack Rodrigo's pidgey. "Are you watching, Tetra?" Miella asked as she scribbled down notes. "See how they're following up their status attacks with physical ones? We did that earlier with the rattata, too." Tetra nodded, though she was still too engrossed by food to be paying full attention. "Peter, make sure you're watching their... er, 'style'." Miella wasn't quite sure what she should be looking for in that department, but had to admit that Alyssa's fennekin was looking really good out there.

Last edited:

VampirateMace

Internet Overlord
Mace
V. City - Battlefield

Pokemon: Blue (Oddish), Lenore (Purrloin)

“That's a practical move. . .” commented Miella, before checking her Squirtle's moves. It didn't know a lot yet, but it was a starter pokemon, it probably even still qualified as a baby. Mac gave Squirtle some food, and offered his seat to Miella. Mace shut her pokedex, “Yeah, it's nice to be able to see the moves right away. . . I was really surprised the first time Blue used Razor Leaf.”

"So... are you thinking of taking the gym challenge?" added Miella. Mace smiled, "Definitely. I've wanted to be a trainer as long as I could remember, but we never had the money for a pokeball, much less a visit to a pokemon lab."

An Aron started to run across the field, only to be scolded, then Mac told his Aron to go ahead and go play with it. Miella looked at Mace, who shrugged, it was weird hearing her name, but the context helped.

More spectators, and even photographers, were gathering to view the event. Alyssa asked Miella to watch her Poliwag.

Andre started the battle, instructing his Cleffa to use Sweet Kiss followed by Pound on Pidgey. The kiss missed, but pound made contact. Rodrigo countered by instructing his Pidgey to use Sand Attack and Gust. Mace heard Miella talking to her pokemon, “See how they're following up their status attacks with physical ones? We did that earlier with the Rattata, too.” That was sound advice, Mace glanced down at Lenore, “Using Growl, you can lower your opponent’s attack, before attacking yourself.”

Meanwhile, Alyssa instructed her Fennekin to use Hidden Power, with style, taunting their opponent. Miella told the Poliwag, “Peter, make sure you're watching their... er, 'style'.” Mace looked down at Lenore, commenting, “You don't have to worry about that, accuracy and strength are more likely to win gym battles.”

“Purr,” murmured the pokemon, once again licking her paws, having apparently finished eating.

Zack told his Spinarak to use String Shot on the Cleffa. Would it hit?

Last edited:

Monster Guy

Fairy type Trainer
Andre Bellamy
Battlefield
Pokemon: Jolie, (Cleffa) Rose (Flabébé)
Affected RPers: The top co-ordinator, Schade, Cobalt XIV, anyone who wants to acknowledge the NPCs

As the battle got underway, people from around town that recognized Andre started to gather around to watch the battle. There were also photographers there to snap pictures. Some of them were the same ones that were in Pallet Town earlier. Andre didn't mind that the audience for this battle suddenly got a lot bigger, he liked to put on a show. He was sure this battle would wind up on the local news just because he and Zach were there.

Rodrigo ordered his Pidgey to dodge the Sweet Kiss, which it barely managed to do, to Andre's annoyance. He would just have to try that tactic again later. Jolie did succeed in pounding the Pidgey on it's face and dealing damage. The Pidgey then retaliated with a Sand Attack to obscure Jolie's vision. It didn't do damage, but not being able to see was annoying. All the sand in her face caused the Cleffa to let out a high pitched cough. which some people in the audience found adorable, and cooed over it. The Pidgey then followed up with a Gust attack aimed at Alyssa's Fennekin, which she managed to deal with gracefully.

Zach commanded his Spinarak to use String Shot. Jolie didn't notice it because of all the sand, but Andre did. "Jolie quickly, use Magical Leaf!"

At his command, Jolie fired a flurry of magical glowing leaves to cut the strings before they hit. Even though it wouldn't do much in the way of damage, Magical Leaf never missed it's target, and hit both opponents in a Double Battle. But while she was busy doing that, she did manage to get hit by a barrage of small purple needles, Poison Sting... Upon hitting the poisonous needles hitting her, Jolie let out a cry of pain. This prompted a little girl in the audience to point, and call Zach a meaniehead. The girl's mother had to remind her daughter that this was a Pokemon Battle, and those things happened.

Suddenly, Andre's Pokedex started beeping. He pulled out his pink device from his bag, and opened it. The screen notified him that Jolie had been poisoned. Confused, Andre looked at Jolie, then back to the Pokedex. Although the Pokedex showed that she had been Poisoned, Jolie didn't look the least bit sickly. He then pressed a button on his Pokedex, and got taken to a different screen that showed Jolie's ability was Magic Guard. This meant she could only be hurt by direct attacks, and poison wouldn't bother her at all. Andre let out a laugh, then put his pokedex away. By this point, the sand surrounding Jolie had cleared, and she could see properly. "Alright Jolie, show these people your beautiful voice, and put that pest to sleep with Sing!" Andre commanded while pointing to Zach's Spinarak.

The last thing Jolie wanted to do was Sing to a spider, but she still obeyed. She opened her mouth, and sung a few notes. Once again, the people in the audience found this adorable, and cooed. As she did several multicolored musical notes left her mouth, and slowly made their way towards Zach's Spinarak.

Last edited:

The top co-ordinator

The Kalos Queen
Alyssa Bogard
Viridian Battlefield
Affected RPers: Monster Guy, Schade, Cobalt XIV
After Elle had elegantly dealt with the Gust sent from that Pidgey, Alyssa noticed a few people clapping for her and her Fennekin, impressed at the elegance and grace the small fox and her coordinator possessed, though the crowd mostly seemed to be focused on Zach and Andre, clearly recognising them and apparently deciding on which team they should go for solely based off of the two of them. "Oh well" Alyssa thought to herself, "Those paparazzi over there will be begging to take your picture after you win a few ribbons!" Alyssa thought to herself, as she watched the paparazzi, Alyssa also noticed her little Poliwag being fed Pokeblock and playing with the other Pokemon, particularly Miella's Squirtle. Alyssa didn't mind this, as long as Peter also watched the match... As Alyssa continued to ponder her train of thought was interrupted by Zachary.

"Tira, Aim in Jolie for a String Shot!" He yelled determinedly, watching his Spinarak run around for a bit before firing some sticky web towards Andre's Cleffa, who seemed to still be a bit dazed after the Sand Attack Rodrigo's Pidgey had used on her earlier. "Follow that up with a Poison Sting!" he then commanded. His Spinarak followed the command by firing several glowing purple needles towards Andre's Cleffa, startling Alyssa as she didn't have enough time to react and help out Andre.

"Jolie quickly, use Magical Leaf!" Andre commanded, reacting quickly enough himself and surprising Alyssa as she watched Jolie fire a rainbow flurry of magical glowing leaves to cut the strings before they hit her, Alyssa hadn't known that Cleffa could use Magical leaf. The leaves had not only cut the strings, but their additional effect of hitting both opponents in a Double battle, never missing took place and the leaves, whilst not being very effective against either Pokemon, hit both targets nonetheless. However, before this could be followed up by either Andre or Alyssa, the poisonous needles smashed into Jolie, letting out a shrill cry of pain that left Alyssa feeling heartbroken.

Andre's Pokedex started beeping and flashing, notifying him that his Cleffa had been poisoned, however, it also stated that his Cleffa had the magic guard ability, meaning that the poison had no effect. "Wow, that was lucky." thought Alyssa, before again having her train of thought interrupted, "Alright Jolie, show these people your beautiful voice, and put that pest to sleep with Sing!" Andre commanded while pointing in the direction of Zachary's Spinarak. Alyssa watched as the multi-colored musical notes slowly drifted out of Jolie's mouth towards the Spinarak, circling around it. Alyssa had no idea whether or not the musical notes would take effect, however, she was more determined than ever to win, watching the small Cleffa try to fight for all it was worth, inspiring Alyssa to take action... After all, this was a Double battle.

"Alright Elle! First off, follow that Sing up with a barrage of your Hidden power!" Alyssa commanded as she watched her Elle unleash a dazzlingly beautiful barrage of purple orbs towards the Spinarak, hopefully being able to overwhelm it after it took it's little nap. "Now, jump through the air above that Pidgey, then twirl around while blasting Ember at it!" Alyssa commanded, allowing her context training to take over as she watched her Fennekin twirl around while firing the Ember, unleashing a cloud of the small flames onto the Pidgey.

Cobalt XIV

Columbus’ Gust attack was thwarted by that pesky Fennekin. Alyssa commanded her Fennekin to use a mysterious attack called Hidden Power and added insult to injury with a hair flip. She knew what she was doing. A cluster violet energy spheres formed and launched towards the gust attack. The impact of two attacks created a swirl of shimmering energy that rained down of the Elle. Rodrigo’s eyes widened, his mouth agape. She definitely knew what she was doing. The crowd agreed. Some of them clapped for Alyssa, Elle, and the duo’s dazzling display.

Alyssa taunted Rodrigo, informing him that if this were a contest, he would have lost points because of their style and grace. She wasn’t wrong. Alyssa was schooling him on the basics. Rodrigo let out a defeated sigh. He was letting his arrogance cloud his judgment. Alyssa was in her element, and he was not. Was he truly cut out for this?

Zachary seemed to have better luck. Jolie was still blinded by the Sand Attack from earlier. Zachary ordered Tira to blast Jolie with a String Shot. The silky string erupted from Tira, threatening to incapacitate Jolie further. However, Andre was quick and ordered Jolie to use a Magical Leaf. Despite not being able to see, she conjured a prismatic flurry of leaves, trusting her trainer implicitly to guide her. The leaves ripped through the strings and continued towards their target.

Rodrigo knew that attack hit multiple targets without fail. Sure enough, some of the leaves bombarded Columbus as he flew around trying to avoid them. He let out a faint caw. The attack wasn’t very strong against Flying-type Pokémon. Jolie was surprised by a Poison Sting. A bundle of violet needles collided with Jolie. She let out a painful cry, which elicited heckling from the crowd. Rodrigo gritted his teeth. The crowd was clearly biased towards Andre and Alyssa.

Just then, a bevy of flashes and the sound of camera shutters rang out. The paparazzi were taking the opportunity to make a quick buck. Did they know about Rodrigo’s family from Sinnoh? A slight grin formed, but it soon faded when he remembered that he was in the company of Andre and Zachary, a popular pair in Kanto. What if his parents saw this?! Rodrigo would be mortified. This was sure to make many of the gossip tv shows, websites, and magazines. His mother watched and read them in her spare time. He was tainting the family image. They’re trained to battle, and here he was, closer to losing than winning against a flippant actor and dainty coordinator, no less.

The battle was getting down to the wire. Columbus was surely growing tired. Elle was dominating. Rodrigo figured Jolie was going to be poisoned by Poison Sting, but she resisted its effects by the miracle of her Magic Guard. Andre laughed after figuring this out. Rodrigo felt that they were being made to look like fools at this point. Jolie began to sing a soothing song as colorful musical notes sailed toward Tira. The crowd was endeared by how adorable Jolie looked. Rodrigo took note. Alyssa and Andre knew how to please the crowd and look good while doing it. They were entertainers. He was not.

Alyssa followed up the Sing attack with a Hidden Power from Elle. The violet orbs shot toward Tira. It wasn’t looking great for the little Spinarak. Alyssa commanded Elle to then leap over Columbus and blast it with Ember. A bevy of smoldering flames emitted from Elle. Rodrigo had to think fast. The air was Columbus’ turf.

“Columbus, use Air Cutter!” Rodrigo commanded. The little bird fiercely flapped its wings and unleashed a stream of blue ‘X’ shaped wind blades. The blades slashed through the flames, pulverizing them and sped toward Elle. Some of the flames licked at Columbus’ feathers, their impact lessened. He winced, but he was determined. The strong Air Cutter attack was known for striking all opponents on the field and had a high critical hit ratio. “Follow up with Tackle.”

Columbus hurled itself at the airborne Fennekin, hoping to use its maneuverability in its favor.

Last edited:

TheGOAT

Mac-Daddy
Keith "Mac" McArthur
Pokemon: Mace, (Aron, Serene, (Shinx)

Mac noticed Miella was very confused, as she didn't understand his partner Pokemon was named Mace. "Yeah it's going to get some used to I guess." Mac said with a nervous chuckle.

Mac sat down on the ground in front of the bench, between the two girls legs so he could talk to both of them as the battle went on, he leaned back against the bench, with Serene in his lap, as she watched the battle intensely, Mac said the two trainers behind him. "Hey guys, look at her, she seems to be really into this battle." Mac said as he saw that more of a crowd was forming, and a lot of pictures were being taken. Mac asked, "Am I the only one that hasn't heard of this famous dude?" The girl that was on the team with Andre, had asked Miella to watch her poliwag. "Dang, I should've gotten me one of those." Mac noticed Miella didn't really understand how to get a Pokemon to watch a "style." Miella started taking notes down of the battle, Mac guessed she just wasn't all that experienced, but hey, almost all of them weren't either.

Mac was listening to the conversation going on behind him, when Miella asked Mace about whether or not she was taking the gym challenge. Mace responded, sounding happy someone asked her that, "Definitely, I've wanted to be a trainer for as long as I can remember. But We never had the money for a pokeball, much less a visit to a Pokemon lab."

"Ah Dang Mace I'm sorry," Mac said. "My family runs the daycare in Hoenn, so we probably had the money to send one or two of us, but not all of my siblings. Since I was the oldest I had to stay and work. But that's how I met my buddy Mace, even though the choice in his name is no confusing as ever," Mac said with a laugh, showing that it was just as confusing for him than it was for everyone else that there was two Mace's. Mac listened to the two girls talk to their Pokemon about the battle, he tried to say something to Serene but she was drawn in by the battle itself. Mac looked over to check on his Pokemon Mace, and saw the two of them were playing along happily. Mac yelled out to him, "Not too far Mace!" Which he got a happy "Aaaaroooon!" In return.

Mac had watched the battle more. He saw the Cleffa try its attempt at a sweet kiss which missed, but followed up with a pound that hit directly on Rodrigo's Pidgey that was battling. He countered with a sand attack, blinding the Cleffa, that Mac now figured out was named Jolie, and followed up with Gust. Alyssa was all about showmanship. "Hmm..." Mac said. He wasn't particularly too fond of co-ordinaries. As most he has met were just stuck up snobs. Zach's spinarak was commanded to use String shot, and then poison sting. Jolie then was told to use Magic Leaf, cutting through the string. But poison sting got through and the Cleffa cried out in pain. Mac watched, seeing that she may have been poisoned. But nothing happened. "Oh! Magic Guard!" Mac exclaimed, he knew a lot about moves and abilities, "so poison isn't going to have an effect." Jolie then used sing on Spinarak, which Alyssa followed up with her Fennekin to use hidden power, then using Ember above the Pidgey, with "style." "Oh boy," Mac said, it was just a battle, so he didn't understand all the need for the style. Rodrigo then commanded Pidgey to use Air cutter. Which tore through the ember, but also hit both opponents on the field. Pidgey then was directed to use Tackle on the airborne Fennekin.

Mac tried to make conversation, "So Miella, what's your goal on this journey?"

Schade

Metallic Wonder
Zachary Lascelles
Affected RP'ers:
Cobalt, Mon, Top-Chan​

Jolie used her Magical Leaf to interrupt Tiras String Shot, and aimed them at her. The move didn't do much, due to Tiras Type-Resistance. "Alright Jolie, show these people your beautiful voice, and put that pest to sleep with Sing!" Andre commanded afterwards, to which Jolie started humming a cute tune that made the audience go wild. Musical notes went straight for Tira, and surrounded her for a moment before striking. The notes didn't do much, and Tira stood there, moving her mandibles in a cute, oblivious fashion as if nothing had happened. Some of the audience members cheered for her as well, while the devoted Andre-Fans probably cried right about now. Zach was a little confused as of why the move had failed, but his pokedex beeped in similar fashion as Andres had done earlier. According to the Pokedex, one of Tiras abilities are "Insomnia". As if the name doesn't say it all. She cannot be put under the sleeping condition during battles. Well, that's convinient.. he thought as he planned his next move.

"Alright Elle! First off, follow that Sing up with a barrage of your Hidden power!" Alyssa told her Fennekin, and it obeyed, followed by a magnifficent leap into the air towards Rodrigos Pidgey. And at that momentm Zach thought to himself. Yep, we're gonna lose this.. The Hidden Power seemed to do a lot of damage, and Tira barely held out there. Luckily, Jolie looked rather tired as well. This was a dead end for sure, but maybe at the very least Tira could take down Jolie with her, if nothing else. The strategy started to form, and zach knew he would wait for another oppurtunity to sho off Tira's Night Slash.

"Tira, Use String Shot on that tree, and pull yourself close to Jolie for a Fury Swipers!" Zach commanded. Tira shot her String Shot and missed Jolie, hitting the tree behind them, before yanking herself like in a bungee cord, swoshing over to Jolie in a very short amount of time. When there, Jolie seemed startled at first. Man, she really doesn't like Bugs, does she? he thought. Tira unleashed her Fury Swipers and hit jolie again, and again, and again, and again. 4 Times, apparently. He didn't see if it actually hit. Would it be enough to defeat her? He sure hoped so. He knew that Tira would surely faint if hit by another move.

Last edited:

Tangeh

Miella Reeves
Viridian City Battlefield
On-hand Pokemon: Tetra (Squirtle)

The battle seemed to be coming to an end, with both ends looking exhausted by this point, though none of the pokemon had fallen yet. Miella scribbled continuously into her notepad, trying to take note of every movement. It was proving to be a difficult feat with how fast the battle was going. Hopefully she'd get better at sorting what was noteworthy as they went on... She looked away briefly to smile at Mac's shinx, who seemed very engrossed in the battle. She checked on Tetra while she was at it, and now that she had finished eating was also watching the end of the battle eagerly. They would have to review her notes together afterwards.

The crowd around them was getting notably larger and many people were snapping photographs of Andre. Oddly there were some cameras directed at Zach, too. Miella mused over whether he was also a famous actor, but she couldn't recall seeing him before. "Am I the only one that hasn't heard of this famous dude?" Mac asked.

Miella tipped her head. "Well, maybe. I mean, Andre Bellamy is pretty well known..." That much was obvious by the amount of people screaming at Andre in excitement. Miella herself still felt pretty overwhelmed in his presence. "Maybe you've heard of some of his movies?" Miella tapped her pen on her hand as she thought. "Ever heard of 'A Unovian in Kalos'? Or 'Miracle on Route 34'? Um, what else... oh!" She gestured to Jolie. "He starred with his cleffa, Jolie, in 'Bringing Up Cleffa'." Her eyes widened as Zach's Spinarak sent Jolie reeling in pain from a super-effective poison sting. "...it's kind of weird to see her fighting a normal battle, to be honest..."

Both Mac and Mace stated they didn't have enough money to start their journey earlier, making Miella feel guilty about not going by choice. "I'm glad you two were able to finally go on a journey. I just didn't feel it was the right decision for me when I came of age, so I waited..." She wondered how the professor ever decided on which potential trainers to invite; they all came from such different lifestyles. Maybe they were the only ten who showed interest...?

Mac asked her what her goal for her journey was. Miella blinked. "My goal...?" She smiled. "I'm sure Mace is already aware of this, but I work at Professor Oak's lab as an assistant... er, an assistant to an assistant, at least. I've been doing research for almost two years now, but I think to truly gain an understanding on pokemon I need to experience it first hand. That, and I wanted to help out Professor Oak!" Her eyes glowed with excitement.