• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Kanzenbans and VizBig

Rex Kamex

Japan has rereleased certain manga that have ended already by putting more chapters into less volumes. Some of the series I know are like this are...

Dragon Ball
Dr. Slump (twice)
Rurouni Kenshin
Sailor Moon (Go to the bottom of the page and click on the dark blue box beside the one that says "DVD" on it)
Shaman King
Whistle
Yu-Gi-Oh!
Yu Yu Hakusho (yes, this one also has two links)

One Piece and Naruto don't have them yet (of course, that's because they haven't ended yet), but they do have giant magazines with a large amount of chapters in them (ex. the One Piece log books). But we all know they're gonna get kanzenbans later on.

So, if you've heard of them, what do you think about them? Are there certain covers that you like/care about? (I do like some of the Dragon Ball and Yu-Gi-Oh ones...)

...And speaking of having a bunch of chapters put into less volumes, well... Vizbig is doing that with series like Dragon Ball and Rurouni Kenshin (although by now you've probably known this by now).

(Links are from S-book and Shueisha, but if you just looked at the URL...)

So... what do you think of Vizbig?

Here's a list for Vizbig...

Dragon Ball
Dragon Ball Z
Rurouni Kenshin
Vagabound

Oooooookay, I totally copied this from the other thread. Anyway, I added Shaman King to the list of Kanzenbans. Also, I looked through the first VizBig volume of Rurouni Kenshin. It was larger than I thought (I didn't think they'd give it a bigger height than regular volumes), and it was better to read through than I thought. (They still should've just done the kanzenban thing in America instead of VizBig, since there are kanzenbans of this.)

Here's a question- are kanzenbans taller than regular volumes, or are they just thicker (from all the pages, of course)?

(And discuss other things as well.)

Last edited:
I only have the Japanese Kanzenbans of Rurouni Kenshin. And to anwser you're question, they about half inch higher and wider than normal volume but inch and half thicker.

I saw RK viz's verison and it's nothing like the japanese one which is a shame cause in the japanese one, Watsuki drew new drawings of the characters inside the book which look pretty cool.

English viz one is much much bigger than the Kanzenban though.

Rex Kamex

The first two kanzenbans of Shaman King have been released in Japan. I'm adding a link to my first post. The next two should come next month. Meanwhile, Yu-Gi-Oh! has enough chapters for two more kanzenbans, which will come later this month.

I only have the Japanese Kanzenbans of Rurouni Kenshin. And to anwser you're question, they about half inch higher and wider than normal volume but inch and half thicker.

I see...

I saw RK viz's verison and it's nothing like the japanese one which is a shame cause in the japanese one, Watsuki drew new drawings of the characters inside the book which look pretty cool.

I've said it before, but considering that Rurouni Kenshin and Dragon Ball have Kanzenban series, Viz should've just used those. It would've been so much easier. (And there would've been the new drawings of everybody as well.)

English viz one is much much bigger than the Kanzenban though.

True... it has three volumes in one book.