• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Kecleo used Scratch!

Kecleoshrew

KECLEON :D
Yeah, so with that bad pun out the way, I decided to make a thread PUELY on RECENT scratch sprites

now, i only have one at the moment, and it's for my game, Obsidian

Sprit4534160263-iaza.gif

Depririt (Depression + Spirit)
Depression Pokemon
Ghost Type​

abraxas

Words.
I haven't much room to give critique, as scratch work isn't one of my areas, but to me, it seems as if there is too much black outline going on. And perhaps a little more detail could be added. What, I don't know, but something.
On that note, it is good, and the slumped posture is a nice touch, and the purple color works well.
Sorry this wasn't much of a help, but, still, keep up the work. =)

Kecleoshrew

I haven't much room to give critique, as scratch work isn't one of my areas, but to me, it seems as if there is too much black outline going on.
Yeah, i plan on fixing that, thanks ^-^

And perhaps a little more detail could be added. What, I don't know, but something.
I wasn't sure myself if it needed an extra 'something' or not with it being a basic pokemon from a 3-Pokemon family, but i'll think of something else to add ^-^

On that note, it is good, and the slumped posture is a nice touch, and the purple color works well.
Thank You :D

Sorry this wasn't much of a help, but, still, keep up the work. =)
Even if it's it's tiny help, or lots of help, it's still help all the same ^-^

ZFXZFX

I would suggest adding something to the head, instead of it just being, you know, a circle with a face on it. Like, even an emo fringe could work.

If you are going to make evolutions, add some black spikes coming from him or something. Just make sure he isn't as "plain" as right now.

Other than that, its awesome. I'm looking forward to seeing more from you.

Kecleoshrew

I would suggest adding something to the head, instead of it just being, you know, a circle with a face on it. Like, even an emo fringe could work.
thats a good idea, thanks :D

If you are going to make evolutions, add some black spikes coming from him or something. Just make sure he isn't as "plain" as right now.
yeah, im still pondering how many evo's
Other than that, its awesome. I'm looking forward to seeing more from you.
thanks ^-^

I think it's pretty good. Better than what I could do, anyway.

However, the head is really dull, as ZFXZFX said. Try adding a secondary colour. No sprite has just one colour scheme.

Kecleoshrew

Well, seeing as it's a Depression Pokemn, i was meaning for it to be dull

and ZFXZFX didnt say it was dull, he said it was plain

Kecleoshrew

So, just because you're depressed that means you're emo? :/

but thanks for liking it

edit: is this the kind of thing you meant by emo fringe?
Sprit5620317897-iaza.gif

personally, i liked the original better

Last edited:

Shadow Silver

I am awsuhm
their all sterotypes, i like him alot but could you make one of the arms a knife/spear and or slash scythe? cause i can see you copy and pasted the hand and reshaded it, but tis a sctratch all the same so maybe its supposed to be that way.i like the cloud things coming off him or spirit trails, but he does seem plain, maybe give him spikes on his head like zoroark but posssibly keep them short and few, where is the shading coming from? oh noez ima critic :p bleh

EDIT:
If thats what they menat they crazy, its nice but i like the original better to, ive found the best advice is no advice, cuz if it looks good to you its fine

Last edited:

Kecleoshrew

I was wondering, if something like a ponytail like Zoroarks would be enough?

the light source is coming from the top left corner btw ^-^

Shadow Silver

I am awsuhm
i thought so, that explains the light on the head and the arms, but not the stomach, hes hunching remember?

Shadow Silver

I am awsuhm
post bump, sorry bout the doucle post, but yes the zoroark ponytail would do quite nicely

wilycoyote64

through diamond eyes
The origional is fine, there's already an emo looking pokemon. we don't need more.
i think you should add like dark circles around its eyes. Thats what depressed people get.

ZombieMeatballs

ポケットモンスター
Its good, but not teriffic

The origional is fine, there's already an emo looking pokemon. we don't need more.
i think you should add like dark circles around its eyes. Thats what depressed people get.

Yes, and perhaps teardrop markings on its face as well. This would help solidify the solemness of this Pokemon.

Kecleoshrew

I like that idea Wily. i'll edit the sprite later

Its good, but not teriffic
Thanks for spamming :/

Something about its right arm (our left) is bugging me. I think it's the outline; it looks a bit mangled. Also, if the light source is in the top left corner, there shouldn't be that bit of light on its stomach. Furthermore, the tail has a huge black spot that kind of bugs me. And lastly, the shading on the head seems strange—it kind of dips down into a crevice at the bottom right corner instead of curving around like his circular head does.

Other than those things, good job. Hope I don't sound harsh.

Bossk

Like a champ.
I agree with the statement about the light on its stomach...

Aside from that, I think its pretty cool and I like the design. I understand its plainness, so when you make its evo, give it a different color scheme but stick to the basics and don't make it yellow and green

Kecleoshrew

agree with the statement about the light on its stomach...
yeah, i'll change that

Aside from that, I think its pretty cool and I like the design. I understand its plainness, so when you make its evo, give it a different color scheme but stick to the basics and don't make it yellow and green

i...wasnt going to make it yellow and green o_O

and why does the evo need a new colour scheme?