1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Kecleon Shops

Discussion in 'Pokémon Spinoff Discussion' started by FullmetalJackie, May 15, 2018.

1. FullmetalJackie

FullmetalJackie Well-Known Member

What did you think about the Kecleon Shops that were present in Pokemon Mystery Dungeon? Have you ever recruited Kecleon yourself? If so, how grueling was it for you? Discuss.

2. Leonhart

Leonhart Disney fanatic

I didn't necessarily rely on Kakureon shops in PMD much, in the sense that I only stole from them in order to get rare items, which I didn't do often. It was amusing to get away with theft, though.

FullmetalJackie likes this.
  3. FullmetalJackie

FullmetalJackie Well-Known Member

I had bad luck when I stole from them and I ended up fainting like 50% of the time.

4. Leonhart

Leonhart Disney fanatic

I didn't steal from their shops unless I knew that I could reach the stairs in time, so luckily I usually avoided fainting in dungeons after robbing them.

Daizy likes this.
  5. Daizy

Daizy I call you honey

I was an expert at stealing from Kecleon and used items like the scarf that lets you walk through walls to escape from them.

Leonhart likes this.
  6. Leonhart

Leonhart Disney fanatic

I never had access to that item myself, so I had to steal from them the normal way and simply pray that they wouldn't gang up on me.

7. Aquarelle

Aquarelle Moderator Staff Member Moderator

On my Blue Rescue Team, I used to steal from Kecleon all the time in an attempt to recruit one. In fact, I often went to dungeons for the sole purpose of trying to get a Kecleon. I always used my level 100, Friend Bow-holding Venusaur when trying to recruit Kecleon, but I never succeeded in getting one.

I rarely stole from the shops on my other games, though. Usually, I just ignore the shops when I come across them, or buy something without stealing.

Daizy likes this.
  8. Leonhart

Leonhart Disney fanatic

So did I when I was aiming to recruit all 386 Pokemon in the games, although I disliked how difficult the process of recruiting Kakureon was. Having to steal and get ambushed by them seems silly and complicated now.

9. Lockraemono

Lockraemono New Member

Is there any long-term consequence to stealing from his shop? Or just the immediate risk of getting beat up by him and his buddies?

Denko Sekka likes this.
  10. Leonhart

Leonhart Disney fanatic

There are no consequences for successfully stealing from them if I recall correctly. The only risk factor is when you fail to steal their items and getting ganged up on.

11. Weavy

Weavy Usually silent

I'd usually only use the Kecleon shops in dungeons if I need to restock on items or get rare items you can't get anywhere else. I rarely stole from the shop unless I wanted to attempt to recruit it or had a Trawl Orb to use near the stairs so I could grab the loot and immediately get away. I do think it's funny how if you are successful in stealing from the shop in Rescue Team, the game records it in the event log (I'm not sure about Explorers; I don't remember).

I do remember actually succeeding to recruit a Kecleon in Blue Rescue team once. It's really a moment of "Wow, I actually managed to do that?!" since even with level 100 and Friend Bow, you still only have a 0.1% chance to actually get one and it's ridiculously frustrating. I never managed to do it in Explorers even with the slightly increased rate to 0.5%, because you need to meet a lot more requirements and the Kecleon are much stronger to the point of having maxed out stats. I don't think it's possible to get him in Gates (Someone correct me if I'm wrong) so stealing from the shops is not worth it and it's also not worth it in Super either as there is a set way to get him which doesn't involve stealing from the shop.

Denko Sekka and Leonhart like this.