• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Keeping On Top Forme (636)

Serebii

And, as if by magic, the webmaster appeared...
Staff member
Admin
Fly Shaymin! To the Far Side of the Sky!!

While training, Brock discovers a girl is asleep on a boat heading towards a Waterfall. Saving her, she introduces herself as Marley and informs Ash & Co. that she is heading for a nearby mountain. However, Marley seems to have rescued a Shaymin and is trying to assist it in getting well and flying. Brock is eager to help. Will Shaymin get well and will they be able to get to the Mountain?

Visit The Episode Guide

Discuss

V Faction

www.faction.com
Torterra used Rock Climb!

...and it's not a Torterrapult! It's... an... Iceapult?

Oak: Bronzong. The Profesor gets SMACKED.

EDIT: And for the record this felt a LOT like the 11th Movie, minus Giratina and plus Marley.

Last edited:

dawn hater

And Marley looked Emo after all with her half opened eyes and weird hair style.

Edit: Prof. Oak used Gyro Ball.

Ash-kid

Ash-kid
There is a lots of music from the 11th movie in this episode.
So they found Marley in a boat. Loved to see Torterra again, and the animation was great. This episode deserves- 8/10.

Crikko

B r e a t h i n '
Where can i found some images?

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
Wow, I was right, it was almost an exact copy of the events in Movie 11, down to the music that played too. Well, I can't complain, Marley finally appeared! She looked good, not too shy or depressed, but not all happy-go-lucky either. As for Shaymin, I've never been a fan per se but it's nice to see a new Pokemon in the anime. It was pretty cute.

shac

Torterra used Rock Climb!

...and it's not a Torterrapult! It's... an... Iceapult?

Oak: Bronzong. The Profesor gets SMACKED.

EDIT: And for the record this felt a LOT like the 11th Movie, minus Giratina and plus Marley.

what does that mean? care to elaborate?

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?
what does that mean? care to elaborate?

He's mixing up his Torterrapult idea, where Torterra uses Rock Climb on itself to catapult itself towards an opponent, with Ice, since Buneary froze the flowerbed, and then Torterra used Rock Climb... But it didn't really catapult itself, so it doesn't really qualify I think... It's more like the Ice Type version of Rock Climb -> Glacier Climb... and boy do I want to see Magma Climb!

And yes, the Shaymin is poisoned and burps energy blasts/bring Shaymin to it's friends was a rip off.. but it also kinda followed the Oaks letter event.. where you 'follow' (in this case bring) Shaymin to a huge flowerbed. The funny thing was the tunnel though, first thing that went through my mind was: Hey.. is that supposed to be Victory Road or something? It was just so random...

Both these episodes were random if you ask me.. just switch Torterra back for Grotle and this episode could've happened between Hearthome and Canalave, if you catch my drifblim...

Also another funny thing: what was with the potential panty shots in this episode? The first thing we see is Dawn's butt filling up half of the screen, then we have Marley's entrance where you could see under her skirt, then you had the moment when she stood up, and the bottom of her skirt was shown, then in her flashback moment when she fell and James and Meowth were basically looking at her crotch... (from a distance of course, you don't want the japanese audience thinking that they've got to sexually stressed main characters on the show)(Well.. James kinda is, since he's a runaway groom...)

Ps. Did anyone think Arcanine was kind off.. brain dead? In the scene where Marley said her first farewell to Shaymin, it was just staring into nothingness.. really awkward..

Then finally! No fairwell for Marley??? Come on, she at least deserved a good bye..

jolteonjak

*swoons for Noland*
Some interesting Lord of the Rings parallels in this episode :p

Really?

Marley annoyed me for some reason. She was also softspoken. This episode wasn't all that good either. Not like Shaymin made it any better anyway. Oh well guess we have to "calm down" before the GF goodness starts up.

dman_dustin

Pics are up, have been for a few hours. Forgot to post :p

You forgot to add Gible to the animedex for this episode, Gible showed up very early in the episode, even in the pictures, Gible is in one or a few of them (on the first page).

Edit: The only thing that remotely looked like a lord of the rings parallels was Marley telling Shaymin where it needs to go. Sure I remember Frodo and Sam using a boat, but not every person getting in a boat means its a parallel to Lord of the Rings.

Last edited:

WaterShuriken

"I..I..Iron Tail, Pikachu."
Marley got on my nerves a bit. This was a kinda boring episode to be hoinest. Nice to see Arcanine even if it was an airhead like someone else said.

NES

Flip me to the side!
And Marley looked Emo after all with her half opened eyes and weird hair style.

And don't forget those weird shoes, that scary dress and her obnoxious self. She indeed looks emo.

The episode wasn't that bad, at least not as boring as the Heatran one, it's just i guess everyone expected more?

Yeah, Arcanine was brain dead, i blame on lazy animators. At least she used one of pokemon i guess :/

Tyrannozilla

Low-Leveled Pokemon
And for the record this felt a LOT like the 11th Movie, minus Giratina and plus Marley.[/QUOTE]

In movie 11 Giratina sounded like Mothra, this episode has a mecha Mothra.

AWESOME!

Juputoru

M-m-m-m-onobear?!
-Generic Forest of Woe. Dawn practicing appeals. Such a generic start to the episode.
-And Ash is working on something with Gible.
-Meanwhile, we pan to a shot with Brock in the foreground. Is it possible? Could he be doing something this episode?!
-A seemingly empty boat drifts through the blatently CGI water. Brock's curiosity is piqued.
-A dead girl! CALL CSI!
-Brock clings to the hope that the girl isn't dead, but is merely unconcious instead. But whether or not she's dead now, she'll certainly be dead if she...GOES DOWN THAT WATERFALL!
-Brock charges into action for the first time since...uh....er.....um......Brock charges into action!
-The dead body Marley hasn't budged an inch despite her boat just having been tossed through the air. Clearly she's been superglued to the boat!
-IT AWAKENS!
-Marley is concerned about her pick-uh-nick basket.
-Brock is surprised that the character of the day seems to be acknowledging his existance before they even notice Ash and Dawn.
-Ash and Dawn are not pleased that the COTD is ignoring them for Brock. And thus we discover the real reason Brock never does anything - Ash and Dawn are attention whores!
-Happiny is very fascinated by the river.
-Marley wants Brock to protect her from bad people. Brock DOES get to do things this episode!
-Ash and Dawn aren't jumping to help someone in need? WHO ARE THESE PEOPLE AND WHAT HAVE THEY DONE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTERS OF POKEMON?
-They're not just un-eager to help, they're actively shocked and displeased that Brock wants to help. This is Pocket Monsters Diamond and Pearl, right? I'm not watching some other anime, am I?
-I'm guessing this is the "Bad guys are chasing me because I'm an alien" "YOU'RE AN ALIEN?!" "No." scene I've heard about. It's marvelous.
-We officially need more weirdos like Marley on the show.
-Inside Marley's pick-a-nick basket is...Shaymin! Who woulda thunk it?
-Shaymin doesn't like Marley's Pokemon food. I smell a setup for Brock to come swooping in.
-I knew it!
-Ash recognizes Shaymin. This bullet point is here for those people who keep whining that Ash never recognizes Pokemon he's scene before.
-Since when does Brock have a stethoscope, and how is that supposed to help him treat Shaymin's injuries more than just spraying it with potions would?
-Shaymin appears to have absorbed poison! And we all know how Shaymin purify poisons they absorb...
-Alas, no Seed Flare right now. A pecha berry will have to do.
-And now a sitrus berry! Apparently the Big Bag O Berries Brock had at the start of the episode wasn't just for show.
-It took an entire nine minutes for TR to show up. I'm impressed.
-TR recognizes Shaymin too.
-Team Rocket attacks!
-Marley has the sense to escape during the motto.
-She doesn't quite get away, so she sends out Arcanine to...BURN TEAM ROCKET ALIVE! And cause an explosion. Don't even question explosions on this show, they just happen.
-Oh, that was a flashback. Clearly I need to start paying more attention. Or maybe this is the animator's fault for not adding a handy "THIS IS A FLASHBACK" border effect. Yeah, that's it.
-And here comes ANOTHER flashback, courtesy of Marley.
-Marley tells Shaymin to finish its journey on its own, and it wanders off after the two share a sad look at each other.
-Someday someone's going to steal Marley's shoes as she's sleeping. They're just...sitting there. In the open. (and yet she doesn't bother to take off that giant white bow...)
-Shaymin came back! And it hops into Marley's sleeping bag! Aw, it's like a cat, if that cat were a chia pet hedgehog.
-I wonder if AshnCo even noticed that TR wasn't doggedly following them for a while?
-Jessie's Seviper uses Haze, and James swipes Shaymin! But Shaymin absorbs the Haze, and uses Seed Flare for hilarious results. Then Marley finally decides it might be a good idea to ride her Arcanine(which is known for being a very fast Pokemon) instead of walking around on foot(which is known for being less fast)
-But the "ride the fast Pokemon to get away from the slow humans" plan doesn't last very long, since Marley decides to hide away in a boat.
-And now it's time to go through a tunnel. Yay.
-Piplup and Pikachu bump into a Shroomish that's in Shinou for no apparent reason. The Shroomish is not pleased.
-How many goddamn times to we need to see Shaymin's purifcation powers?
-At least this one had the excuse of showing off Aromatherapy. Not quite as impressive as the time a Shaymin saved an eldritch dragon god from the brink of death by using that move, but still a good effort.
-They finally reach the flower field...except for the little fact that the field has no flowers in it. Just a minor technicality, I assure you.
-Instead of checking to make sure they found the right field, the gang instead decides to comb over the entire field looking for one flower. Smart people we've got here.
-Brock spots the flowers! And I suspect that TR will be here in 3...2...
-1! This time they have a Caterpie robot, for maximum intimidation of their enemies!
-Blah blah fighting TR blah blah OH NO NOW IT'S A BUTTERFREE BOT blah
-Shaymin finally gets to change into its Action Hero Sky Forme!
-Such a convenient setup for Shaymin to get iced back to its normal form. I always found it stupid and essentially random that Shaymin go back to their normal form if it's dark or cold where they are.
-More Shaymin! And a needlessly CGI flower!
-Marley thanks Brock, and with that, Movie 11 Lite ends.