• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Keeping On Top Forme (636)

erebus

i just watched this episode on youtube (i swear to god that on part 2 after wobbufet says its line someone says 'fart' over the audio!). i have to say that this was a pretty decent ep overall; 8/10!

thunderblade12

To the people that say there's no chemistry among the DP cast, they should really pay more attention to these little important tag-along characters.

Cartoonami

To know the unkown
For me, the dub was a huge let down. Where was all the great M11 music that the Japanese version used? We know TPCi has the rights to it, but they still chose to ignore it.

And that, for me, overshadows discussing the dubbed episode itself. I'll stick with the Japanese version.

BlueMage

Honestly I felt this episode was rather dull overall, but I really loved Marley's portrayal and the dub did an excellent job with her. Her telling Dawn that she was an alien was admittedly one of the funniest moments in the entire series for me.

I really would've liked to see more of Marley's Arcanine, though. She only used it in flashbacks, and I think it would've helped a lot against Team Rocket's Caterpie/Butterfree Mech.

Shneak

this is a Nessa x Sonia stan account ✨
I liked this episode. Marley is a great character, and I liked Shaymin. I haven't seen movie 11, so this episode works. I found it a bit sad at parts too, when Marley had the flashback, and when Shaymin left at the end. And Marley's alien line was awesome.

"I'm an alien."
"WHAT?" YOUR KIDDING RIGHT?"
"I'm kidding."

Her unemotional voice does that line well.

poizonsting

Pokemon master
Key points of this episode:

- Brock saved Marley from falling off the waterfall for a change instead of Ash and his Pikachu
- Brock got more screentime than Ash and Dawn/Piplup, which is obviously a good thing. Ash/Dawn/Piplup mostly remained in the shadow in this episode for a change
- Finally someone truly complemented Brock's ability as a doctor
- Ash and Dawn got jealous when Marley didn't even notice their existence, but rather put her attention to Brock. After a long long time someone's impressed by Brock for a change, otherwise we mostly see a character is impressed by Ash's childish determination (like Lyra: Oh Ash you're so determined and brave. Let's marry someday)
- Probably the best dialogue in the anime so far
Dawn: Why would the bad people want to catch you?
Marley: I'm an Alien
Ash: Huh? You're kidding
Marley: I'm kidding
LOL like wtf! That dialogue pwns everything!

I'm still curious to figure out why Brock didn't fall for Marley. He did address her as "miss", but it's not like Brock hadn't fell for older women before (Cynthia, for example). It is out of his character not to hit on a gorgeous woman, but keeping in mind that Marley portrays the "gothic lolita" trend in Japan, maybe Brock doesn't like that style? I doubt Brock is that close minded. I guess this is one of the things in the anime that will remain unanswered.

Umbreon9

It's been a while...
Yeah, the whole alien thing was awesome! I bet after all this it might end up in people's sigs!
Also, when I heard that bad people were chasing Marley, I didn't really imagine TR for some reason. I knew it when she said something about a Seviper's smog, though. Still, I guess every time there are 'bad people' since Team Galactic's gone, it'll always be TR. :/ At least until the next season.

Rebeccag

lol the alien thing was quite funny Dawns face was like who is this girl
No i didnt imagine team rocket as well I just thought it would be a random gang. Shaymins really cute though ^_^. Glad it managed to go to where it wanted to go at the end though. And yeah glad to see Brock get some airtime as well instead of Dawn and Ash getting it
Overall an ok episode pretty standard

d4rk_tailed

Doritoes,Leaf Storm!
Love some word and dialogue choices, firstly the alien thing, then

Ash: "there's gotta be a bloomin' flower round here"

Lance The Champ

The Aura Guardian
Nice episode but I don't understand why they showed Shaymin to be so weak while in its land forme and strong in its sky forme. After all its a legendary pokemon but it was scared of Team Rocket in its normal forme. Bizarre

So, we finally got to see Shaymin it's first anime debut. And iit's just as cute as it was in the movie!

Am I the only the one that found Marley kind of cute?
Awesome to see her make her debut in the anime!
This got me thinking if we'll see Buck in the anime before SLV comes to a close?

Aegon

So, we finally got to see Shaymin it's first anime debut. And iit's just as cute as it was in the movie!

Am I the only the one that found Marley kind of cute?
Awesome to see her make her debut in the anime!
This got me thinking if we'll see Buck in the anime before SLV comes to a close?

Where are you living? o_O

Sinnoh League Victors ended three weeks ago. Buck makes an appearance in DP181 - "Bucking the Treasure Trend".

Cobalt_Latios

Where are you living? o_O

Sinnoh League Victors ended three weeks ago. Buck makes an appearance in DP181 - "Bucking the Treasure Trend".
He could be from Canada. That's the exact episode we're at now.

Yes, we're behind you guys. So what? It's the typical trend these days.

I don't really mind. SLV is a great finisher season; I don't mind re-watching select episodes.

/CL

G50

No longer posting
This episode was ok... It was great to see Shaymin for the 1st time. It was odd to see Marley asleep and going down the river... It was cool to see the Gracidea Flower for the 1st time. It was great to see how the Gracidea Flower transforms Shaymin into its Sky Forme. At 1st when Marley was shown on the river, she didn't look alive at all, glad she was just sleeping. It was cool to see a Pecha and Sitrus berry used in this episode. It was cool to see Seed Flare and Aromatherapy used. It was really weird to see a Caterpie robot that turns into a Buterfree robot, bizarre for TR...

43/100

dazzaburb

Adaptive Trainer
I feel that Marley should have been a recurring character as she had a lot about her, It would have been interesting to see her other Pokemon and maybe even have a full 6 vs. 6 battle. For me Marley made this episode interesting the way she treated Ash and Dawn she was like a mild version of Paul. (But I don't think she treats Pokemon the same way)

Vernikova

Champion
Marley being in this episode was a plus for me because he's my favorite of the stat trainers. plus Brock got to be useful for once. I liked her remarks at the group as well as her voice actress. Shaymin was an afterthought for me in this episode.

wobbanut

Team Awesome
Oh sweet Lord, Marley, the goth with all the personality of a Borg. Apart from her total blase attitude about Brock saving her life in the river, which was funny, the episode isn't that good. And it wastes the TV debut of that adorable pokemon Shaymin.

3/10

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
I almost thought Marley was dead when she was in the boat. It was cute how Brock and Happiny helped her though. I also liked that Brock's skills helped Shaymin recover a bit and I cackled when Marley attacked Team Rocket with her Arcanine in her flashback. Team Rocket's giant Caterpie mecha made me scream, especially when it "evolved" into Butterfree.