• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Keldeo "Unlimited Deck

KD_Law

Here is my Lega...Unlimited deck (Please read the info after)

Energy:
14x Water Energy
Pokemon:
3x Blastoise (Deluge)
3x Squirtle (Shell Shield)
3x Keldeo EX
2x Mewtwo EX
2x Kyurem
1x Uxie LA

Trainer - Item:
1x Computer Search
4x Poké Drawer +
4x Rare Candy
3x Ultraball
1x Luxury Ball
2x Max Potion
2x Super Rod

Trainer - Supporter:
4x Professor Oak's New Theory
2x Professor Juniper
2x Professor Sycamore
3x Skyla
2x Seeker
2x Cylan

With some Work-In-Progress erra....rules:
- All Trainer cards are either Supporter/Stadium/Item.
- Professor Oak is "Trainer - Supporter"
- Erika is "Trainer - Supporter"
- Lass is restricted to 1 per deck (play-test may change this) "Trainer - Supporter"
- Old Computer Search is an Ace Spec
- Gust of Wind is restricted to 1 by deck but is not an Ace Spec (play-test may change this)
- Item Finder finds only "Trainers-Items"
- Junk Arm finds only "Trainers-Items"
- Uxie is restricted to one by deck
- Azelf is restricted to one by deck
- Super Energy Removal is banned
- Download Ability is banned

Some rant:
I am creating some decks for playing with my family in a very competitive way but just here at home. I plan to make some 8 decks or so....
Card access is fortunately not an issue.
This would be sort of the constructed equivalent of a cube if anyone plays MtG.
Thanks for reading, come on a comment. =)

Last edited:

ven?

Kanto Region Champ
Why is SER banned, If not you should use E. Retreival so you abuse junk arm..... and why for the love of god is there no BKEX?

Itemfinder originally only looked for trainer cards, people broke that rule and I correct them everytime we play unlimited, and say that people should buy a copy of pokemon tcg for Gameboy and get educated.

Now as a question can we use better supporters here like lets say, run a 1-1 electrode line or a 1-1 claydol line put in oracle, play a single twins (which is better then 4 poke drawer... more space for techs and less space for something you need more of to actually utilize, what if they play vileplume, yur hopped), roseannes research for energy and pokemon search, hell even a castaway for energy and supporter search....

You could drop a super rod for a gust of wind and dowsing machine instead of ... whatever that is, so you can abuse your discard, if not ER and junk arm.

Edit: energy flow.... I'm not going to explain what this card does it's so OP.

Edit#2: this is in the wrong location, PnTY SoW.

Last edited:

KD_Law

Thanks for your time.

So......I am not yet familiarized very much with the accronyms XP// Please consider that I barely started playing the game but have been playing MtG for many many years. So all my IMHO is based on very little playtest. ^_^

Why is SER banned, If not you should use E. Retreival so you abuse junk arm.....

SER is banned because the Darkrai/SableyePLF deck (and probably other decks) can cycle this card infinitely, giving you in a way infinite turns to prepare your attackers or with an alternate winning condition. Not sure how E.Retrival+JArm is abused. The super rod seems to do the job fine as I already have a bunch of draw+6 cards. But after giving it some thought I leveled down as I want to ban as few cards as possbile. So it is restricted just as Gust of Wind but is not an Ace Spec (playtest may change this)

and why for the love of god is there no BKEX?

Do you mean Black Kyurem-EX (Plasma Storm PLS 95)
That guy is insanely good.....man...do I want to splash Special Energy? Or is this meant to be with Electrode? This guy....really seems good....Maybe replacing MewTwoEX (at least this is water type) XP

EDIT: wait wait you meant: Kyurem-EX (Plasma Blast PLB 30)...that guy is insane! Thanks!

Item finder originally only looked for trainer cards, people broke that rule and I correct them every time we play unlimited, and say that people should buy a copy of pokemon tcg for Gameboy and get educated.

lol. Yeah I totally agree.

Now as a question can we use better supporters here like lets say,

Basically is because I want this to be very thematic, so:

run a 1-1 electrode line

Do you mean Electrode (Base Set 2 B2 25)? Pretty cool and odd ability. I can totally see it on a deck that specializes on MAX attack when less prizes. So...but not really good friends with Blastoise and Keldeo (does that mean I have to take MewTwo out....bummer....

or a 1-1 claydol line

Claydol is cool. But not thematic. =)

put in oracle,

uh?

play a single twins

I don't use Twins because I feel I have already a lot of Supporters with a draw +6 or search ability. And I don't like random factors like oin toss and prize count. Two reasons: The obvious first is consistency, etc. The second one is because I play with kids and this random factors outside their sphere of influence is kind of annoying for them.XP

(which is better then 4 poke drawer... more space for techs and less space for something you need more of to actually utilize

I personally like Poke Drawer, It clears itself out and it may be a downle search which is more than amazing. If it only had the 2 Card then it would not be cool.

what if they play vileplume, you're hopped)

Vileplume...wow...that hits hard....I want to ban it....out of fear....I will have to think what to do....or how can X decks survive a Grass Poison deck with this...or an all tech green.
EDIT: Ok, banned per they go against the "Limitied CoT" (Code of Trainer)

roseannes research for energy and pokemon search, hell even a castaway for energy and supporter search....

Roseanne’s Research: Good Card. No more spaces for trainers.
Castaway: This card is crazy, but I don't carry Pokemon Tool so it is just not perfect here. Again a Supporter slot. Thanks for the heads-up on this. What other cards search for 3 things?

You could drop a super rod for a gust of wind and dowsing machine instead of ... whatever that is, so you can abuse your discard, if not ER and junk arm.

I am thinking of SERetrieval as I ofter end with extra supporters. Gust of Wind...I know how good that card is....but this is a water deck....XP

Edit: energy flow.... I'm not going to explain what this card does it's so OP.

lmao...hahahaha insane. Awesome!

Edit#2: this is in the wrong location, PnTY SoW.

I didn't get that. ?_?

///////////////////////////////////////////////////

SO after all this I made this changes:

v1.3
-2x Mewtwo EX
-1x Uxie LA
-2x Kyurem
-2x Cylan
+3x Super Energy Retrieval
+2x Kyurem-EX PLB
+2x Energy Flow

///////////////////////////////////////////////////

So...yeah man your comments are right on the spot for a tournament deck. ANd I really really really appreciate your time, let me work on the other decks and let you know. Again, thanks for the Plasma Deck! I will modify and get back to you for feedback.

Check my updated rules at thread Custom-Limited-Format-Rules-Work-In-Progress

Cheers!

ven?

Kanto Region Champ
^That's a big head ace to read, also what does thematic mean?

I choose cards that work in great synergy together because they work, not because it has to follow a theme or whatever. If you choose to say that a pokemon card with great draw capacity takes second base to 1 supporter when you can use both is clearly wrong, uxie is okay, but clogs bench space for the draw and forces you to lower your hand count for more cards when you shouldn't have to, claydol is continuous draw no cloged bench space. Twins and roseannes, you have no supporters that search for anything, skyla 1 card.... what about twins 2 any kind, roseannes 2 pokemon/basic energy, oracle 2 of any card to the top of the deck then draw with claydol, castaway 3 cards and just like when cyrusis conspiracy was used if you have to team galactic energy you get basic energy if you have no tools then grab what you can same ruling for both cards. But more to the point, twins has decent consistency, various tournament winning decks proved just how far 1 twins could go in both of those formats. Junk arm/e. retrevial, discard 2 energy get 2 energy back and the trainer card back so you can continuously junk arm. As for SER and darkrai/sableye, I don't see how darkrai can abuse it, when ultra ball does a much better job, I can never think of a reason why you would play it in darkrai, because it has no purpose, you have no raindance ability and getting that many energy back clog s up your hand and denotes the use of both dark patch and yveltal XY as useless because they cannot attache additional energy inbetween turns.

Electrode, draw up to 4 cards, not base set.

That last thing is for skitty.