• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Keldeo

SmogonFreak

Make that 1 HP last!
Keldeo is rumored to be released soon when the new movie comes out. There is no doubt that Keldeo is a force to be reckoned with in the OU metagame, but will it go as far as Uber? Most may not think so, but then we take a closer look at Keldeo...

Base Stats:

HP: 91
Atk: 72
Def: 90
SpA: 129
SpD: 90
Spe: 108

Ability: Justified-Boosts Attack by one stage when hit by a Dark-type move.

With Justified, Keldeo can switch into almost any Dark-type move. It also fixes Keldeo's weakest stat, which, along with Swords Dance, can make it a threatening sweeper.

1. Aqua Jet
1. Leer
7. Double Kick
13. Bubblebeam
19. Take Down
25. Helping Hand
31. Retaliate
37. Aqua Tail
43. Sacred Sword
49. Swords Dance
55. Quick Guard
61. Work Up
67. Hydro Pump
73. Close Combat
TM04: Calm Mind
TM05: Roar
TM06: Toxic
TM07: Hail
TM10: Hidden Power
TM12: Taunt
TM15: Hyper Beam
TM17: Protect
TM18: Rain Dance
TM20: Safeguard
TM21: Frustration
TM27: Return
TM32: Double Team
TM33: Reflect
TM40: Aerial Ace
TM42: Facade
TM44: Rest
TM48: Round
TM52: Focus Blast
TM55: Scald
TM67: Retaliate
TM68: Giga Impact
TM71: Stone Edge
TM75: Swords Dance
TM77: Psych Up
TM81: X-Scissor
TM83: Work Up
TM84: Poison Jab
TM90: Substitute
TM94: Rock Smash
HM01: Cut
HM03: Strength
HM04: Surf
Secret Sword

That's an impressive list. There are many Keldeo sets to be used. Certain examples are listed below:

Keldeo@Leftovers
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Nature: Timid
-Calm Mind
-Hydro Pump
-Hidden power Ghost
-Secret Sword

Same as above, except with Calm Mind instead of Hidden Power. HP Ghost hits Jellicent, Lati@s, Starmie, Celebi and Slowbro hard.

Keldeo@Leftovers/Life Orb
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Nature: Adamant / Jolly
-Swords Dance
-Close Combat
-Aqua Tail
-Stone Edge

This set aims to SD up until you have enough Attack to OHKO everything, then you OHKO everything.. with your base 72 attack.

Will Keldeo be Uber? Discuss.

Keldeo@Leftovers
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Nature: Timid
-Calm Mind
-Hydro Pump
-Hidden Power Ghost
-Secret Sword

This is THE set everyone will be running. Its a terrifying set! Keldeo's only problem is fighting / water isn't the greatest coverage even with Hidden Power. Something will wall it and to make it worse its revenged by a decent number of things.

Easy OU, but we'll have to see how high it gets.

Utopian

faults & feats
Keldeo is the specially based terrakion. GG

except he actually benefits from rain while terrak doesn't benefit from sand

overlordmewtwo

Supreme Overlord
There's no way Keldeo will make Ubers. Despite the fact that it has a huge physical movepool, its attack is very lacking and is in almost every way outclassed by Terrakion in that department.

No, Keldeo will usually be running the set that Blue Harvest posted above. Not that physical attack isn't viable, but it could be better.

I personally think Keldeo will be UU or BL at lowest and OU at best.

overlordmewtwo

Supreme Overlord
^ That's another way to look at it, but it doesn't get the dual screens.

zerofield

i miss miror
Great stats, great typing, great under rain, terrible movepool. Special movepool, that is, and imo special keldeo is the only keldeo worth running.

No way in hell it wont be ou though.

Utopian

faults & feats
Not as good on more defensive teams where Virizion really shines due to it's ability to be a good anti rain team pokemon well except for Tornadus and Dnite. Keldeo is better for offensive teams

I was too lazy to edit my post to add this

Keldeo is a mother ****ing water horse. BH loves horses. BH will sweep with a team of 6 keldeos.

I don't like horses, I just think horse dick jokes are funny. Also its a pony.

Also a Swords Dance set it worthless.. it has worse physical offenses than Blissey does special.

zerofield

i miss miror
I don't like horses, I just think horse dick jokes are funny. Also its a pony.

Also a Swords Dance set it worthless.. it has worse physical offenses than Blissey does special.

Lulz, this, if you need to hit something on the physical side just use secret sword

I think the only set decision you should be making when using Keldeo is Surf / Hydro Pump. Its movepool is too tiny to use anything else. It literally has no other viable options besides Hidden Power / Calm Mind / Water move / Secret Sword.

dragonuser™

the greatest crisis
Keldeo is going to be a monster, and make rain that much more dangerous.

I could easily see him going uber because of his speed/power/stabs/rain boost

overlordmewtwo

Supreme Overlord
^ But it's outclassed by so many Pokemon, even in the rain. Not that it won't be seen every once in a while in Ubers, but it lacks the movepool and survivability that many (if not, all) Ubers have.

Like I said earlier, UU/BL at worst, OU at best. 'Nuff said.