• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Keldeo

Vandslaux

Even with Multiscale, Dragonite's 2HKOed. That's scary.

And to think this thing is probably coming into the metagame soon.

This is going to be an easier ban than Shadow Tag Chandelure when it's released.

I can't believe I said this is going to be banned before. Keldeo is good at best.

Prohawk

A Professional Bird
I can't believe I said this is going to be banned before. Keldeo is good at best.

It thrives when it's in rain, and a Scarf can make it amazing since most of it's checks rely on outspeeding it, or tanking its hits. Rain makes Hydro Pump incredibly scary and Scarfed Secret Sword is nothing to be laughed at. All in all Keldeo is good, but undoubtedly not Ubers material

SmeargleRocks

Reputable Trader
I run both keldeo adamant and timid max EV each and the physical is
swords dance
Aqua jet
Stone edge
Aqua tail or x scissor I can't remember which
I personally really like keldeo if I ever run a team based on its tier I'm definitely gonna use it and meloetta

I'd have to agree with it not going Uber. It simply has too limited of a movepool and coverage. Even Roserade and Venusaur wall all but the Choice Specs set, and even then they can take a Choice Specs Icy Wiind and retaliate.

Honestly I think it's move pool is too shallow to be uber. It's stats are pretty good though. I mean It could probably be used effectively in ubers but most pokemon can when used correctly. It reminds me a lot of Chandelure barring Chandelure's typing disadvantages. By this I mean sets would be similar to where it could be extremely effective with Choice Items. It's ability doesn't do it justice if you are running a special set which is kind of a letdown.

An example set I plan on testing:
Timid @ Choice Specs
252 Atk / 4 Sp.Def / 252 Spe
Scold / Surf / Hydro Pump (Choosing status, accuracy, or power)
Secret Sword
Hidden Power Dark (For hitting Psychic's)
Focus Blast / Icy Wind

I'm not opposed to a Specs. Focus Blast if you want to hit hard but take a gamble on accuracy. Icy Wind would be my next best bet.

Overall, it has the power and typing to be competitive in ubers. But as far as it being strictly uber, I dont think so. If I had a say in it's placement, I'd say high UU/OU.

Cosmic Fury

Evil Overlord
I always use this set:

Hydro Pump
Focus Blast
HP Ghost
Calm Mind

It usually survives a lot, and it gives me the benefits of a specs set (minus the lockdown) if I manage to get just one Calm Mind in. A really effective sweeper, but he can easily be countered, due to his low defenses.

carrot rust

Consumed by Trust
Timid @ Red Card
252 SAtk / 4 Sp.Def / 252 Spe
Hydro Pump
Secret Sword
Hidden Power Flying
Calm Mind

Against a weakened team, the extra turn of set-up from the red card will allow keldeo to prevent them from quickly bringing you down through superior hazards, and the attacks aim to hit things like toxicroak, because there is no point relying on it to take out a cleaner, especaially because a +2 hydro pump in rain will level many would be checks

Zachmac

Honestly I think it's move pool is too shallow to be uber.
Honestly, saying that is like saying that since you have a penny, and dime, and a nickle, you're richer then me, who has only one 20$ bill.

It doesn't matter if it has enough moves, it just matters if the moves it has are good enough to support it's stats, typing, and ability. Just look at Excadrill.

Honestly, though, I don't see it being uber either. It, like many other offensive pokemon, is still checked by a lot of pokemon, and unlike defensive pokemon, it can't swap in or out as much to help it avoid it's checks.

Though, I've been playing with it's choice specs set recently, and I'll have to say it's amazing. I'm not even using a rain team, but it can still power through all sorts of threats, and is still pretty fast. It's kind of like using a choice band Terrakion.

LizardonX

Banned
I always go timid with CM surf secret sword and hpice with lefties. It can take out 4+ pokemon late game after stuff like SR takes its toll.

Wolf Prince

Lycan Seraph
Has annyone thought keldeo could make of a sort of wall or tank?
Scald(Takes care of most physical sweepers if burned and gets boosted by rain)
Secret Sword(Deals physical damage for special walls)
calm mind(Boost Sp def and sp atk)
Substitute/Hidden Power dark(Takes care of status ailments due to high speed, or if choosed HP takes care of only counter Jelliscent).

Ilan

Has annyone thought keldeo could make of a sort of wall or tank?
Scald(Takes care of most physical sweepers if burned and gets boosted by rain)
Secret Sword(Deals physical damage for special walls)
calm mind(Boost Sp def and sp atk)
Substitute/Hidden Power dark(Takes care of status ailments due to high speed, or if choosed HP takes care of only counter Jelliscent).
Why would you waste his 129 sp.attack and 108 speed for being a mediocre tank? (walls need recovery)

MetalSonic

Orderan' Defendan'
Keldeo w/Scarf
Timid
252 sp.atk/252 spe
~ Hydro Pump
~ Surf
~ Hidden Power Electric/Grass
~ Secret Sword

I find the Scarf set in particular to be pretty effective. Surf/Hydro Pump on it is pretty redundant yea but i'd rather have the ability to switch between power and accuracy and get something else to deal with those counters people are so up on about

And it does absolutely wonderfully with rain of course

Zachmac

Why would you waste his 129 sp.attack and 108 speed for being a mediocre tank? (walls need recovery)
Exactly this. It's bulk is okay, but there are many water types out there who have better defenses. In fact, if you want a tank, I'd just suggest rain Vaporeon.

Keldeo is best off preforming it's niche, which is blasting things with OU's most powerful Hydro Pumps and taking care of common rain counters with secret sword.