• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Keldeo

Keldeo has about as many checks and counters as Terrakion or Latios do. It hits super-hard but not really much worse than any other gen 5 attacker.

It will give Rain offense a HUGE boost but it won't go to Ubers.

Ninja Dewott

Ice Cold Fire
Why Sacred Sword > Focus Blast?

Sacred Sword = 135 BP Coming off Base 72
Focus Blast = 180 BP Coming off Base 129

Are people that scared about Focus Blast's accuracy??! Live life on the edge, people.

And before any of you say it hits Blissey, I doubt Blissey will appreciate a +1 Focus Blast from Keldeo.

Asbestospoison

Excellent Driver

Are people that scared about Focus Blast's accuracy??! Live life on the edge, people.

And before any of you say it hits Blissey, I doubt Blissey will appreciate a +1 Focus Blast from Keldeo.
Secret Sword, not Sacred. It's like a fighting psyshock, targets the defense instead of SpD.

AquaRegisteel

Face Oblivion

It's not Blissey that's the real problem. Chansey can take it quite well, and would T-Wave you at least or something, and cripple you. 70 Accuracy on FB isn't that good either!

Secret Sword would probably OHKO Chansey (and Blissey too), and has 100 accuracy.

Not Sacred Sword, Secret Sword. Its basically a Fighting Psyshock.

Ilan

What about a specs set?

keldeo @choice specs
252 sp.attack, 252 speed, 4 hp
modest/Timid
Justified
-Secret Sword
-Hydro Pump/Surf
-Hidden Power Ghost/Electric/Ice
-Aqua Jet/Toxic/Taunt/Rain Dance/Scald/Hyper Beam

well this is a choice set I came up with the 3 first options are from the oppening but the forth slot is a total filler it doesn't got enough special moves to fill a 4th slot but oh well this set is still effective:
the last slot: aqua jet hit a last hit from a 1 HP pokemon.. Toxic toxics and then you need to switch, Taunt stop setting and then you need to switch, rain dance ensures rain and then you need to switch.. Scald is an alternate water move when you want to burn something.. (useless you want hydro pump) and hyper beam is awesome it lets you lose a match.

Specs would be usable. Rain Dance is probably the best move in the last slot to I guess protect against weather in a pinch. In Rain Specs Hydro Pump is demolishing even Latios and Celebi.

I wonder if a defensive Scald set would be usable. Calm Mind / Scald / Secret Sword / HP Ghost. Some HP EVs to let it switch in on Scizor or Tyranitarmand last long enough to wear down its counters. Probably vastly inferior to offensive CM but I guess its something different it can do.

AquaRegisteel

Face Oblivion
You'd definitely run Timid on a Specs set, of course.

Anyways, I'll go and test this in DW, see if it works as a Specs user.

Ace Of Keys

Me and My sketch pad
It looks like Keldeo is a kind of boosted Starmie. i wouldn't be surprised with the special sets and having relatively good attack coverage. Plus unlike Starmie it has better access to physical and mixed sets though considering Rapid Spin I doubt it'll push the Starfish pokemon out of the spotlight completely

Not to mention Starmie has access to Ice Beam and Thunderbolt, whereas Keldeo doesn't. However, I'd imagine they'd be pretty potent together, working together in a similar way as Mence and Rayquaza used to in G4 Ubers, basically just overwhelming checks and counters with Rain boosted Hydro Pumps.

Ace Of Keys

Me and My sketch pad
Not to mention Starmie has access to Ice Beam and Thunderbolt, whereas Keldeo doesn't. However, I'd imagine they'd be pretty potent together, working together in a similar way as Mence and Rayquaza used to in G4 Ubers, basically just overwhelming checks and counters with Rain boosted Hydro Pumps.

i didn't even realize that possibility. There is pretty good coverage between the two of them and checking most counters common to each one such as chansey/blissey, grass and dragon types as well as bulky water types

What about a specs set?

Wow. WOW. Did we really get 3 pages into this thread before someone mentioned the Specs set?

The CM set is nice, very powerful, but the Specs set doesn't even have to set up. It just waltzes in and spams Rain boosted Hydro Pumps and destroys pretty much everything that isn't immune or resistant, with things that are resistant dying to Secret Sword. Throw HP Ghost on the last slot for Jellicent and you're all set. Nothing switches into that safely at all; it's like CB Terrakion but worse (in the Rain at least). For the last slot, just run Aqua Jet. Even with just 4 EVs, you're 3HKOing Terrakion, 4HKOing 4/0 Tyranitar, and 3-4HKOing 4/0 Heatran in the Rain, just to name a few. Great for emergencies, and you really don't need that extra moveslot for much else anyways.

Keldeo + Starmie + SpecsToed = Czar Bomb of Hydro Pumps

Lord Zoroark

Master Tactician
There's no way Keldeo will make Ubers. Despite the fact that it has a huge physical movepool, its attack is very lacking and is in almost every way outclassed by Terrakion in that department.

Think about this: Keldeo/d'Artagnan has Secret Sword. She can hit from both sides of the attacking spectrum, something that Terrakion/Porthos can't even dream of doing. If a Prankster Sableye walked in with Will-O-Wisp, it will turn Terrakion's offenses into worse-than-crud IN A SECOND. Keldeo, on the other hand, could care less about being burned. Her actual Physical Attack is worse than Serperior's, which is really saying something. Secret Sword, however, can still hit on the physical Defence from Keldeo's excellent Special Attack, if need be.
Who do you think has the advantage: Terrakion, or Keldeo?

Think about this: Keldeo/d'Artagnan has Secret Sword. She can hit from both sides of the attacking spectrum, something that Terrakion/Porthos can't even dream of doing. If a Prankster Sableye walked in with Will-O-Wisp, it will turn Terrakion's offenses into worse-than-crud IN A SECOND. Keldeo, on the other hand, could care less about being burned. Her actual Physical Attack is worse than Serperior's, which is really saying something. Secret Sword, however, can still hit on the physical Defence from Keldeo's excellent Special Attack, if need be.
Who do you think has the advantage: Terrakion, or Keldeo?

Why would Terrakion even need to hit on the special side?

Fun Fact: Specs Terrakion can OHKO Skarm with Focus Blast after Stealth Rock, always OHKOs Cloyster, always OHKOs Gliscor with HP Ice, and 2HKOs Hippowdon and Groudon with Focus Blast.

It's still a terrible idea, but there's hope!