• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Keldeo

orangezilla

Who's dar man
Keldeo is the specially based terrakion. GG

thats what i thought but then i dont think he has the coverage
Keldeo is a better virizion.
i think its unlikely people will use physical keldeos but virision has the ability to go either way
I think the only set decision you should be making when using Keldeo is Surf / Hydro Pump. Its movepool is too tiny to use anything else. It literally has no other viable options besides Hidden Power / Calm Mind / Water move / Secret Sword.

yh i agree, i see it being passed up for options like starmie who have more vesatility and better coverage
Keldeo is going to be a monster, and make rain that much more dangerous.

I could easily see him going uber because of his speed/power/stabs/rain boost

He could go uber but i think that'll be dependant on how devastating his specs set is + even with HP ghost i can see jellicent making a decent job of walling him, non specsthat is + forretress & scizor dont exactly have much to fear

Lord Zoroark

Master Tactician
Fun Fact: Specs Terrakion can OHKO Skarm with Focus Blast after Stealth Rock, always OHKOs Cloyster, always OHKOs Gliscor with HP Ice, and 2HKOs Hippowdon and Groudon with Focus Blast.

It's still a terrible idea, but there's hope!

Thinking seriously, though... no. Nobody's going to be running Terrakion with Choice Specs.

Then you lose essentially lose your Rock stab, since it doesn't learn any special Rock moves.

Besides, doesn't a +2 Swords boosted CC or SE accomplish more or less the same things, while being more threatening?

Edit:

He could go uber but im not sure he will + even with HP ghost i can see jellicent making a decent job of walling him + forretress & scizor dont exactly have much to fear

Last time I checked Scizor or Forretress weren't exactly great at taking +1 Rain boosted Hydro Pumps.

Lord Zoroark

Master Tactician
Then you lose essentially lose your Rock stab, since it doesn't learn any special Rock moves.

Besides, doesn't a +2 Swords boosted CC or SE accomplish more or less the same things, while being more threatening?

Last time I checked Scizor or Forretress weren't exactly great at taking +1 Rain boosted Hydro Pumps.

HP Rock, my friend?

Forretress can take Rain boosted Hydro Pumps last time I checked.

HP Rock, my friend?

Forretress can take Rain boosted Hydro Pumps last time I checked.

252 SpAtk Life Orb Keldeo Hydro Pump vs 252 HP/0 SpDef Forretress: 162.15% - 190.96%

252 SpAtk Life Orb Keldeo Hydro Pump vs 252 HP/252 SpDef Forretress: 105.08% - 123.73%

without any boosts

HP Rock cannot even 2HKO the standard Gliscor. You'd be better off running HP Ice to get past the things that will otherwise wall physical Terrakion. And all this in light of the fact that special Terrakion is terrible. Seriously, HP Ice is viable to get past Gliscor on a physical set, but that's it.

And even specially defensive Forretress dies easily to a +1 Rain-boosted Hydro Pump. Heck, even Ferrothorn has a shot at being 2HKOd, and it's destroyed by Secret Sword anyways.

ParaChomp

be your own guru
I don't like horses, I just think horse dick jokes are funny. Also its a pony.
Even more reason for everyone to use it. Now what cute nickname containing 2 words should we give it?

On topic, it's a great special sweeper but nothing too unique bar hard hitting moves. Its Water typing and the ever so common rain will make that STAB Hydro Pump (coming off 129 Special Attack) hurt a lot. 108 Speed helps it in the meta-game. As for me, I doubt I'll use it unless I get my hands on a Drizzle Politoed as bar that, I find Keldo doesn't have enough to differentiate itself from other sweepers.

Even more reason for everyone to use it. Now what cute nickname containing 2 words should we give it?

On topic, it's a great special sweeper but nothing too unique bar hard hitting moves. Its Water typing and the ever so common rain will make that STAB Hydro Pump (coming off 129 Special Attack) hurt a lot. 108 Speed helps it in the meta-game. As for me, I doubt I'll use it unless I get my hands on a Drizzle Politoed as bar that, I find Keldo doesn't have enough to differentiate itself from other sweepers.

STAB Fighting type Psyshock and the ability to break everything that can come close to countering it puts it in the same tier of sweepers as Terrakion and Dragonite.

ParaChomp

be your own guru
STAB Fighting type Psyshock and the ability to break everything that can come close to countering it puts it in the same tier of sweepers as Terrakion and Dragonite.
I'm fully aware of that, I just find incredibly powerful sweeper has been done to death and I prefer playing with more unique strategies. None the less, it is a force to be reckoned with.

Now, despite the fact that I have no strong emotion towards the show, help me come up with a nickname that sounds like it's from My Little Pony! Requires 2 words.

Zachmac

Heck, even Ferrothorn has a shot at being 2HKOd, and it's destroyed by Secret Sword anyways.
You know, I take back what I said earlier. That thing sounds deadly now. It would at least deserve Uber testing.

Keldeo's Rain Boosted Hydro Pumps.
Tornadus's Hurricanes.
Ferrothorn not losing to random HP fires anymore.
Banned, but Swift Swim.

I'm not sure if any of those other then SS are Uber worthy....but it would still make a nice excuse to ban drizzle.
Now what cute nickname containing 2 words should we give it?
Marshmallow Mango.

I'm fully aware of that, I just find incredibly powerful sweeper has been done to death and I prefer playing with more unique strategies. None the less, it is a force to be reckoned with.

Now, despite the fact that I have no strong emotion towards the show, help me come up with a nickname that sounds like it's from My Little Pony! Requires 2 words.

Don't tell me what to do.

The fact that you play with "more unique" strategies means nothing. Keldeo is still a great pokemon and how you personally play doesn't change that.

ProjectTitan313

Fire breathing moth
Keldeo looks... horrible (sprite) yet godly (stats, typing, etc).

If it runs HP Ghost, you've got Dragon/Flying, Gyarados, and Grass/Poison standing a decent shot. Dragonite (Hello Hurricane variants), Gyarados, Amoongus, Venusaur, and Roserade probably being the best answers. Though none are particularly suited to Sand teams.
If it runs HP Ice (trolol no Ice Beam, welcome to the Seismitoad club), you have the Water/Psychics, Gyarados again, Jellicent, and Shedinja (it could almost work. Almost) and Tentacruel again.

The coverage won't be perfect, even though Fighting+Ghost is obviously unresisted an un-STABed HP Ghost doesn't seem... scary. Gyarados and Tentacruel wall it either way, but seriously if you don't have Gyarados or Tentacruel good luck. Or maybe Jellicent's Troll Body will disable HP Ghost. Other than that, I can't see a very big list of things to counter it. But who knows, a Rain+STAB+LO Hydro Pump coming from 129 Base Sp. Atk could maybe 2HKO, I don't have damage calcs on hand.

So yeah... I think it'll be a bad day for OU, but I think it'll go Uber.
Either way, I'll have a Magic Guard+Sash Alakazam waiting. Because that freak horse is going down. Even though it'd require death fodder to get in.

AquaRegisteel

Face Oblivion
Keldeo looks... horrible (sprite) yet godly (stats, typing, etc).

If it runs HP Ghost, you've got Dragon/Flying, Gyarados, and Grass/Poison standing a decent shot. Dragonite (Hello Hurricane variants), Gyarados, Amoongus, Venusaur, and Roserade probably being the best answers. Though none are particularly suited to Sand teams.
If it runs HP Ice (trolol no Ice Beam, welcome to the Seismitoad club), you have the Water/Psychics, Gyarados again, Jellicent, and Shedinja (it could almost work. Almost) and Tentacruel again.

The coverage won't be perfect, even though Fighting+Ghost is obviously unresisted an un-STABed HP Ghost doesn't seem... scary. Gyarados and Tentacruel wall it either way, but seriously if you don't have Gyarados or Tentacruel good luck. Or maybe Jellicent's Troll Body will disable HP Ghost. Other than that, I can't see a very big list of things to counter it. But who knows, a Rain+STAB+LO Hydro Pump coming from 129 Base Sp. Atk could maybe 2HKO, I don't have damage calcs on hand.

So yeah... I think it'll be a bad day for OU, but I think it'll go Uber.
Either way, I'll have a Magic Guard+Sash Alakazam waiting. Because that freak horse is going down. Even though it'd require death fodder to get in.

Roserade is hardly seen in OU, as is Amoongus, and if Starmie is paired with Keldeo (which may be more prominent when everyone realises how good it may be), Dragonite isn't going to stick around long, and neither will Gyara,

thatjeremykid

.Memento.Mori.
lol, i was thinking about naming mine Bronie when i get it :p

ProjectTitan313

Fire breathing moth
Roserade is hardly seen in OU, as is Amoongus, and if Starmie is paired with Keldeo (which may be more prominent when everyone realises how good it may be), Dragonite isn't going to stick around long, and neither will Gyara,

I know. I expect it to be broken as hell. There might be a poke or two that counters a certain HP variety, but as you've said Starmie handles pretty much everything that Keldeo can't.