• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Keldeo

Zachmac

So we got another pokemon with only 2 sets which will kill the metagame..
ok so.. excadrill2?
Not really sure until we try.

Heh...Testing it in DW, I'm finding specs Tornadus more useful then Keldeo's calm mind set. Though I'm being extra cautious with it...I'm not really sending it out much.

Edit: People on PO DW are also saying it's not going to be Uber. I guess that kind of settles it, powerful, but not too extraordinarily broken. The latis have also been really common, and they outspeed it and hit it with STAB psychic. I've also had problems getting it to set up, though that's a personal problem of mine I have with plenty of pokemon.

Ilan

Heh...Testing it in DW, I'm finding specs Tornadus more useful then Keldeo's calm mind set. Though I'm being extra cautious with it...I'm not really sending it out much.

Edit: People on PO DW are also saying it's not going to be Uber. I guess that kind of settles it, powerful, but not too extraordinarily broken. The latis have also been really common, and they outspeed it and hit it with STAB psychic. I've also had problems getting it to set up, though that's a personal problem of mine I have with plenty of pokemon.

Try using Bronzong to set up screens or use a choice specs set.. maybe it will work better.

Eaglehawk

Banned

But that's just DW, which means that there's a shitload of other stuff that shouldn't be released, too, such as Genesect and Shadow Tag Chandelure, who can both switch into one of its moves and KO it with a super-effective move. If we're talking about OU in its current state, we can pretty much say that it's slightly overpowering, and once certain stuff gets released, he can be regulated more easily.

zerofield

i miss miror

DW is such a broken tier that keldeo barely stands out from all the broken, but it'll still wreck everything in OU.

AquaRegisteel

Face Oblivion
Specs Keldeo has saved me a few times today when testing...

Zachmac

But that's just DW, which means that there's a shitload of other stuff that shouldn't be released, too, such as Genesect and Shadow Tag Chandelure, who can both switch into one of its moves and KO it with a super-effective move. If we're talking about OU in its current state, we can pretty much say that it's slightly overpowering, and once certain stuff gets released, he can be regulated more easily.
DW is such a broken tier that keldeo barely stands out from all the broken, but it'll still wreck everything in OU.
I know, I know.

It's just that if I lose to, say, a technibroom, that battle won't count. Lightning Rod Zapdos? Not much different from the normal Zapdos today IMO. I'm just checking to see what it can defeat that is in OU right now.

Genesect? I don't really find that much of a problem.
Try using Bronzong to set up screens or use a choice specs set.. maybe it will work better.
Added Bronzong. It's working much better now. Now that I can get it to set up more, I agree that it will at least need Uber testing.

kaiser soze

Reading ADWD
Silly question, but will Keldeo become usable (outside of DW) once it's event starts in Japan, or will we have to wait for the rest of the world?

Zachmac

Wow. At this point, I'm in love with that darn thing. It can also wreck sand teams, even if you lose the weather war.

I've just pulled off so many sweeps with it.

Zekromaster826

Casual Shiny Hunter
There's no way Keldeo will make Ubers. Despite the fact that it has a huge physical movepool, its attack is very lacking and is in almost every way outclassed by Terrakion in that department.

No, Keldeo will usually be running the set that Blue Harvest posted above. Not that physical attack isn't viable, but it could be better.

I personally think Keldeo will be UU or BL at lowest and OU at best.

Exactly, its not good enough to run a physical set, and it would get DESTROYED in ubers.
Mewtwo, Zekrom, Thundrus, Lugia, Scarf Kyogre w/ Thunder, Shaymin-S, Rayquaza, Deoxys-A, and I'm pretty sure Arceus too, maybe would all end keldeo at first contanct, unless you give it [HP] Ice over ghost, if you do then the threat list is at least halfed.

orangezilla

Who's dar man
I think its gonna be on the borderline, it'll beast things with specs hydro pumps in OU but not quite live up to much in Ubers

Ace Of Keys

Me and My sketch pad

well it does go wiithout saying that DW OU would be broken but i imagine theres always someone who can make a team with Keldeo to stampede their opponents

Eaglehawk

Banned
Maybe it's gonna be a Key Item event, where you catch Keldeo in the Moor of Iccurus.

Zachmac

Exactly, its not good enough to run a physical set, and it would get DESTROYED in ubers.
Mewtwo, Zekrom, Thundrus, Lugia, Scarf Kyogre w/ Thunder, Shaymin-S, Rayquaza, Deoxys-A, and I'm pretty sure Arceus too, maybe would all end keldeo at first contanct, unless you give it [HP] Ice over ghost, if you do then the threat list is at least halfed.
No one actually cares if it stands to chance in Ubers. Ubers is about how dangerous it is in OU.

Eh, I'm neutral on the argument. To tell the truth, I never actually used an Uber sweeper like Garchomp/Excadril before this, so I have nothing to compare it to.

Pichu47

Fear Me, If You Dare
What's with all this saying that is gets walled by Jelly? Hp electric/ghost 2HKO's a lot of Jellicents, and 3HKO's the specially bulky ones.

Vandslaux

..There's nothing saying GF can't troll us with a fixed nature.

But, if it isn't, then Rain just got yet another new tool. Am I the only person capable of imagining a base 129 SpAtk Specs Hydro Pump in Rain?

And most Keldeo will probably run HP Electric. I'm guessing Secret Sword/Hydro Pump/HP Electric/filler from his barren movepool is what people will use.

Soperman

The One and Only
Keldeo in Rain... *shivers*
Keldeo is probably going to make OU, possibly Ubers. If it does make Ubers tho, it probably won't be used. Ever. Its stats just aren't high enough to really do a lot of damage there. Like Skymin.
Overall, Keldeo is a cool pokemon. He's one of those pokemon that all non-competitive battlers will love.