• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Keldeo

RDSchley

The Anti-Hero
Keldeo is a better virizion.

I'm not so sure about that considering Virizion can work in both Sun and Rain. Virizion is a great mixed Sweeper and Keldeo is not.

AlexandriaTheMixed

You A Stupid Hoe.
I'm not so sure about that considering Virizion can work in both Sun and Rain. Virizion is a great mixed Sweeper and Keldeo is not.

Agreed. And Virizion has a higher attack stat.

Vivian

Keldeo will change its form when it learn secret sword. I hope it get better stats and learn ice beam/shadow ball. He also may have a new ability.

Aurath8

Keldeo will change its form when it learn secret sword. I hope it get better stats and learn ice beam/shadow ball. He also may have a new ability.

He's confirmed to have Justfied. Also, if I remember correctly, Keldeo-R is a form(e.g.Castform, Deerling), not a forme(e.g.Deoxys, Rotom-A). Basically, it means that its stats will probably not change and that this new form is just aesthetic.

ParaChomp

be your own guru
No his form is like Shaymin-S
The boot it is!

He's confirmed to have Justfied. Also, if I remember correctly, Keldeo-R is a form(e.g.Castform, Deerling), not a forme(e.g.Deoxys, Rotom-A). Basically, it means that its stats will probably not change and that this new form is just aesthetic.
Some proof, please.

Zachmac

Agreed. And Virizion has a higher attack stat.
Well, Keldeo is more offensively powerful. Imagine a +1 Hydro Pump from a special attack stat of roughly 130 in the rain. Rain makes even Politoed into an offensive threat, just think about what it will do to Kedleo. And it doesn't help that most weather teams are sand or rain in the first place.

I don't think these too pokemon are all that alike, so Kedleo's presence won't remove Virizion or make it outclassed, but it is more powerful.

Shego

The Pokémon Explorer
I heard that there's going to be a Keldeo event. And it came in Japan. But how to get Keldeo? I live in USA. And I already caught the Musketeer Trio.

Aegon

I heard that there's going to be a Keldeo event. And it came in Japan. But how to get Keldeo? I live in USA. And I already caught the Musketeer Trio.
This thread is for solely for competitive discussion of Keldeo.

But, to answer your question, you can trade or wait for the Keldeo event to reach the USA (likely around the games' launch).

Barbeller

Scatter Brained
Yes, that's completely correct.
No his form is like Shaymin-S
I can't tell if this is trolling or not, but no, it has the exact same stats, only Keldeo-R has to carry Secret Sword.
The boot it is!

Some proof, please.
Keldeo probably wont make Ubers. There's too much that can counter him. Gastrodon would probably be the best option, seeing as most run Hidden Power [Ghost] for Jellicent.
at least keldeo will make no mark on ubers...
I would say that it might have a pretty good chance. Getting STAB on Fighting means that it can deal with some of the steels in Ubers, which means that the prominent dragons can easily sweep.
You wont be able to get Keldeo until BW2 comes out, which will be in Autumn/Fall sometime. It will come out on an event soon after the release of BW2 in America.

Shego

The Pokémon Explorer
This thread is for solely for competitive discussion of Keldeo.

But, to answer your question, you can trade or wait for the Keldeo event to reach the USA (likely around the games' launch).

Okay. I understand. But I bet that the best nature for Keldeo is the timid nature, right?

TerraWolf

Banned

Castform actually does change, making it more of a Forme, not a form. Its typing changes in Rain, Hail or Sun, but not in Sand.

But the Keldeo PotW is out now. Nice to see my sets as the first two sets

Oao

Keldeo-R seems like a waste in not being that much different from its regular forme besides needing SS. It kind of got trolled considering the upgrades that Kyurem and the Kami trio got were not just shiny new formes.

Ísjaki

Flood Of Red
Castform actually does change, making it more of a Forme, not a form. Its typing changes in Rain, Hail or Sun, but not in Sand.

But the Keldeo PotW is out now. Nice to see my sets as the first two sets

he said that stats didn't change, which is correct :3

Zachmac

Keldeo-R seems like a waste in not being that much different from its regular forme besides needing SS. It kind of got trolled considering the upgrades that Kyurem and the Kami trio got were not just shiny new formes.
It's not like it needed new stats. The same can be said for the Kamis I guess, but it doesn't really make much of a difference anyway.
That and Modest if you want more power.
Just noting that in most cases, the power boost doesn't make as much of a difference as the speed.
I would say that it might have a pretty good chance. Getting STAB on Fighting means that it can deal with some of the steels in Ubers, which means that the prominent dragons can easily sweep.
With Magnezone around, I wouldn't say that's a good enough reason, but it might make a decent sweeper in rain teams up there. 108 is far faster then the average 90 you see around there. It just has to watchout for Mewtwo.

But I don't play ubers much, so I have a hard time guessing.
Virizion also has different typing and much more special defense.

I'd hardly compare them. Keldeo is more like Starmie then anything, but even then, there are still a lot of differences.

Dragon Spirit

A True Dragon Spirit
I think Keldeo is a pretty good Choice Specs/Scarfed Pokemon and is also good at CM + Sub.

Eaglehawk

Banned
So, which Hidden Power have you peeps been running?