• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Kenny Reappearing (oh, and Galaxy Dudes as well)

cassius335

Aura Trainer
Ugh Kenny <_<

Well, since I assume this is the current news thread (or is it? ._.), I'll put it in here:
PokéAni posted new information from a magazine...

The summary there seems to confirm the evolution of a main cast Pokémon in the Solaceon Town arc (they didn't say whether it was the Ruins or the Contest episode). The people on PokéAni wouldn't say which one, but hinted it's an ape/monkey Pokémon. Go figure.

I'm guessing that'll be Aipom-Ambipom then, unless we get a random Chimchar evo. Maybe it'll be the same formay as Bonsly-Sudowoodo; Learn Double-Hit in Ruins ep, Evolve during Contest ep.

¿Angel?

I expected this, I mean this episode was suposed to air near Christmas and on the last years episodes aired near Christmas everyone gets a new pokémon or one pokémon evolves.

2006 Starly and Bonsly
2005 Eevee

other years don't ask me

Oh wow I'm hoping its Chimchar who evolves to its next levle. But since its just caught by Ash it probaly won't evolve till the next few episodes, like say the next two gyms. Its probaly Aipom...Dang.

Shiny pokemon lover

Shiny pokemon hunter
Anyway I hope Team Galaxy will appear in this episode, or sooner. I wonder why they are neglected? The writers have done a big mistake!

Dax

Legend
What? Ambipom?

I think Aipom fits her but Ambipom... well it's cool. I wanted an ugly pokemon, she stepped out of the line because Ambipom look horrific but then again. it's cool that it's evolving.

I doubt it's Chimchar especially with the contest the next episode.

Almighty Zard

He has returned.
I doubt it's Chimchar especially with the contest the next episode.

Don't be too sure, DP has been unpredictable and back in hoenn Snorunt did evolve during the GF which was supposed to be all May's time.

It could easily be either one of them, as both have reasons to evolve, but both also have reason's not to.

Dax

Legend
So we have Kenny who is obviously going to interact with Dawn and we have the contest who will totally be about Dawn and yet Ash's pokemon is the one to evolve?

I would like to see Monferno but everything points at Dawn and if Aipom deserves an evolution more than Chimchar. After all this time it has to evolve.

One thing is the Grand Festival which seems to let Ash get a new pokemon but this is a contest not the Grand Festival. Aipom has all the reasons to evolve.

If Chimchar evolves I will be happy because I love Monferno and I prefer to see Infernape soon but being fair, Aipom is the one that needs it.

Last edited:

Almighty Zard

He has returned.
So we have Kenny who is obviously going to interact with Dawn and we have the contest who will totally be about Dawn and yet Ash's pokemon is the one to evolve?

Who's to say Ash and Kenny won't interact, after all kenny was quick to challenge Ash to a battle before the florama contest and plus he did keep giving Ash glares repeatedly during it.

I would like to see Monferno but everything points at Dawn and if Aipom deserves an evolution more than Chimchar. After all this time it has to evolve.

No one deserves to evolve, sure some have reason's to, and sure people would like them too, but wether or not they do it is in the hands of the writers.

Plus if you wanna get technical counter wise and say Chimchar shouldn't evolve because Ash just got it, well guess what the same applys to Aipom as Dawn just got her and needs to get used to her before she evolves.

It could be either one or heck maybe it's both who knows.

One thing is the Grand Festival which seems to let Ash get a new pokemon but this is a contest not the Grand Festival. Aipom has all the reasons to evolve.

The point is though just because it's a contest doesn't mean all the focus is gonna solely on Dawn during them.

Plus given that these two episodes are supposedly the last one's of the year they might just want to let Ash have something too since he hasn't exactly gotten to Veilstone yet.

If Chimchar evolves I will be happy because I love Monferno and I prefer to see Infernape soon but being fair, Aipom is the one that needs it.

Not everything in the anime has to be fair and just, nothing ever is.

Last edited:

Dax

Legend
Who's to say Ash and Kenny won't interact, after all kenny was quick to challenge Ash to a battle before the florama contest and plus he did keep giving Ash glares repeatedly during it.

But his rival is Dawn not Ash. I love how your opinions change with favoritism. You change your mind a lot when everything surrounds a pokemon that you like. I remember you complaining because Ash with Shellos will mean he interacting with Dawn's rival Zoey and you used that as an excuse for him not to get the pokemon but now that Chimchar may evolve you change it and you wouldn't mind Ash interacting with a rival of Dawn just because is Chimchar. Interesting...

Plus if you wanna get technical counter wise and say Chimchar shouldn't evolve because Ash just got it, well guess what the same applys to Aipom as Dawn just got her and needs to get used to her before she evolves.

I never said it was because Dawn just got it so your assumption fails completely. I was talking about the experience that we have seen. Judging by experience and judging how many time Aipom has been in the anime battling with Ash and now with Dawn then it deserves to evolve before Chimchar.

It could be either one or heck maybe it's both who knows.

I wouldn't mind seeing both evolve.

Plus given that these two episodes are supposedly the last one's of the year they might just want to let Ash have something too since he hasn't exactly gotten to Veilstone yet.
He just got Buizel and Chimchar, 2 new pokemons. What else do you want? Just because you want a Monferno vs. Lucario doesn't mean Chimchar will evolve.
The point is though just because it's a contest doesn't mean all the focus is gonna solely on Dawn during them.

But it's obvious that the main focus will be all on Dawn. Since Sinnoh started the only thing Ash does in contests is talk to Dawn and watch how she performs. The focus doesn't fall on him unless he is competing.

Last edited:

Dax

Legend
Great. Just great. First we get the trading argument over, and now there's an evolution argument. Boy, is fandom screwed.

Sure, because reading all the comments saying, I'm excited about this episode!!! is so fun. There's nothing wrong with the arguments, you can read them if you want and you can skip them if you want. That's what I always do.:)

Oh god, if he's the owner of the long awaited Magmortar I will **** bricks!

Well I will say then that he has a dream team. Alakazam, Prinplup and hopefully Empoleon ,and Magmortar. If that's not an awesome team then I don't know what it is.

I just prefer Paul to have the utterly awesome team.

King Of Steel

I'MA USE AYSE PHANG!
There's nothing wrong with arguments, that I agree. But if it starts to get way out of control I actually would have a problem with that.

Besides, I was just being random with that comment. Don't take it seriously, will you? =P

NOES MAGMORTAR BELONGZ TO NOE WUN.

On the serious side though, I'd love for Paul to get a Magmortar. It'd be so cool.

Sushi

unspecified
Staff member
Super Mod
No no no, Matkin, I think you misunderstood ^^"

The evolution is confirmed as that was from an excerpt of a magazine PokéAni had quoted. It's just that PokéAni seem to have a bizarre anti-evolution-spoiler rule going or something, so they're not allowed to mention the Pokémon's name straight out. As one of the members asked for a hint, the original poster said it was an ape/monkey Pokémon.

EDIT: Ah, I get it now. I should specify that the magazine in question seems to be the Shogaku 1nen comic of which we sometimes find some scans on the net.

v Durden: I do, but only because my mother is Japanese.

Last edited:

Matkin22

Dream out loud
No no no, Matkin, I think you misunderstood ^^"

The evolution is confirmed as that was from an excerpt of a magazine PokéAni had quoted. It's just that PokéAni seem to have a bizarre anti-evolution-spoiler rule going or something, so they're not allowed to mention the Pokémon's name straight out. As one of the members asked for a hint, the original poster said it was an ape/monkey Pokémon.

EDIT: Ah, I get it now. I should specify that the magazine in question seems to be the Shogaku 1nen comic of which we sometimes find some scans on the net.

Thanks for the clarification, Sushi.