• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Kentaro Miura, the creator of Berserk, has passed away.

Status
Not open for further replies.

shoz999

Back when Tigers used to smoke.
The author of Berserk, one of the world's greatest manga writers, has passed away from Aoritic Dissection. It's rare, but the cause is often long periods of high stress and blood pressure. Fanbases can get angry and impatient over how long it takes for a creator to launch their work, but try to understand whenever they announce that they need a break.

Last edited:

TheCharredDragon

Tis the Hour to Reload
I'll be frank and say I have yet to read Berserk and have gotten more into manga only recently.

But I do know Berserk is a big influencer and has amazing artwork, story, and characters, as well as being a big inspiration for Dark Souls.

So for all the people who were close to Miura and all of his fans, I still feel condolences for them, even if me saying such might not mean much, because I will always feel sympathy for the people who were hit by this hard because of how much it meant to them.

Also:
Fanbases can get angry and impatient over how long it takes for a creator to launch their work, but try to understand whenever they announce that they need a break.
This. Just this. I agree with it so much. People are still people and as much as you love a series, if you REALLY care, then remember the creator is still a person and has their health, both physical and mental, to take care of.

Rune Knight

I never got into reading Berserk but I have friends who are really fond of the franchise as a whole.

I offer my condolences to anyone personally affected by this tragedy.

May he rest in peace.

Fanbases can get angry and impatient over how long it takes for a creator to launch their work, but try to understand whenever they announce that they need a break.

This message cannot be stressed enough. Personally, I would rather see my favorite manga or any media franchise for that matter be cancelled rather than be okay with someone putting their mind and body through hell simply for our entertainment.

I know that this may sound incentive to some, but think about it, it's a fictional franchise over a human life. I personally could not even begin to imagine what it's like to put oneself through such intense labor. Maybe some develop a passion for it, but at some point it just becomes too much, and it's different for everyone.

I would probably be upset, and even angry to some degree. But who am I to judge. These people have brought enough joy to this world and they deserve to live happily. The truth is that they don't owe us a thing, and have every right to put the pen down if they choose to.

Last edited:

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!
RIP Miura. Never read Berserk so I can't exactly comment on his story or characters (even if I'm sure he poured his heart and soul on them from all the praise they've received), but I can't deny that he put a lot of effort into making pretty much every panel look downright gorgeous. This guy was truly a man dedicated to his craft.

Except togashi, he needs a break to play dragon quest
Errr, pretty sure Togashi has back issues that prevent him from drawing much

Status
Not open for further replies.