• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Keys' Pokemon draws

Keysmash

buys meat
Hi there, thanks for checking out my thread! I'm 14, and I draw sometimes. There are so many talented people in this forum, and it makes me incredibly jealous and angry, but I might as well give this a shot. So I decided to post some drawings here (I'll update as I add more).

I really want to try experimenting with different body types for Pokemon: I imagine they must be different, just like humans. Though I'm nowhere near skilled enough to pull off that much stylization, I'll try. I'll also just post normal Pokemon sketches and stuff, I guess. >_> So... yeah. Hope you enjoy my drawings. I'd really appreciate feedback, it means more than you think! :)

MASTERLIST

zgo0.png

tul2.png

A new addition to the crew :)

a4nl.png

I want to try and post often, but I don't really have time, especially since I'm going to a really good school next year...

Here's an older sketch. Not Pokemon, but I hope you'll forgive me :)

[spoil]
tumblr_n34d7xy0R71t2269wo1_400.png
[/spoil]

I've been wanting to draw Pancham for a while now. People irl have compared me to one. I can't say I don't see the resemblance...

apui.png

So, after wrapping up the disaster, I decided to do something good for myself at 11:30 pm, namely a 'draw-it-again' type of deal. I hate to admit it, but I'm not half as good at drawing as I am fast. Quick sketches and messy blots of colour are my specialty.

This is an idea for a Snivy-type OC girl thing (??) that I've had floating around since PMD Gates to Infinity came out. The first one was drawn December 27th last year, the second one last night. Both of them were done in about 5 minutes. 5 months, huh... well... I mean... it could be worse...?

ytrx.png

1pop.png

[spoil]

The first one

The second one (it's kind of big-- didn't realize I was drawing at 10% size the entire time)

[/spoil]

My friend asked me to draw what I was wearing last night. It was supposed to be a simple sketch (because the anatomy is obviously so correct) but I kind of went overboard, as usual. Also, cat.

[spoil]

rEvsIC1.png

[/spoil]

I can't remember the last time I actually coloured inside the lines.

[spoil]

hpPRolN.png

Wxe0lhY.png

[/spoil]

Wow, on a roll for once. Chugging out .pngs like the good old cotton gin.

[spoil]
yYhpXCD.png

GATNpbx.png

[/spoil]

E2BJZrU.png

Whatever, man... I've drawn nothing worth noting recently...

hMLffUU.png

Last edited:

Keysmash

buys meat
A new addition to the crew :)

a4nl.png

Last edited:

Keysmash

buys meat
I want to try and post often, but I don't really have time, especially since I'm going to a really good school next year...

Here's an older sketch. Not Pokemon, but I hope you'll forgive me :)

[spoil]
tumblr_n34d7xy0R71t2269wo1_400.png
[/spoil]

Keysmash

buys meat
I've been wanting to draw Pancham for a while now. People irl have compared me to one. I can't say I don't see the resemblance...

apui.png

Keysmash

buys meat
Wow, love the art. I like the torchic actually. You make it look a lot more realistic, rather than cartoon-y. I have always like thinking about how a pokemon would look in a non-2D world. Keep up the good work man.

Thank you! I actually try to avoid drawing Pokemon realistically because it makes me a little uncomfortable, like the kind people post on the Internet that look more like childhood nightmares than anything...

your_worst_nightmare

Pokerman Master
You aught to keep drawing, practice makes perfect. I can see great potential in you. Just remember no matter how frustrated you may get with drawing and all the writers block you may get, never give up or quit. I wish I hadn't given up myself, I haven't drawn in years I gave up because I though "I'll never be like everyone else". Never think that, you have your own style but you need to develop it. Over time you will begin to see and you will love your art more than you do now. Just keep it up :)

Keysmash

buys meat
You aught to keep drawing, practice makes perfect. I can see great potential in you. Just remember no matter how frustrated you may get with drawing and all the writers block you may get, never give up or quit. I wish I hadn't given up myself, I haven't drawn in years I gave up because I though "I'll never be like everyone else". Never think that, you have your own style but you need to develop it. Over time you will begin to see and you will love your art more than you do now. Just keep it up :)

That was completely unexpected, but very much appreciated!! Thank you so much, I hear things like this said all the time, but it sure feels different having it said directly to me. Drawing is something I've been doing since I could hold a pencil, and I will never forget how far I've come.

I don't know if I've seen your art before, but you should try again too. Just because you've fallen down the mountain doesn't mean you're at the base again, and it certainly doesn't mean you can't keep climbing. :)

Inconspicuosaurus

Bone-ified dinosaur
I agree with YWN, and all the others that said you should definitely keep at it. But that's not to say that they're not great right now though! But, as YWN said, it seems to me like you have a lot of potential. You're not one of the many people that tries to copy the anime or manga, or Sugimori's style, where basically you reach a point where you've perfected that style and you don't get any better. You have a very clear style which is entirely your own. I've certainly never seen anything like it (which is a good thing!) but it does vaguely put me in mind of Steven Universe for some reason. Perhaps the chunky limbs and rounded faces. But I love Steven Universe, so woo XD Anyway, having your own style means you can basically go on growing and changing indefinitely, and still maintain a great signature. That's what sets people apart form the rest, and you definitely have it :)

Keysmash

buys meat
(curtsies) Thank you all for your wonderful feedback/praises/replies/comments/crinkled donkeys. 0u0 Tbh, I'm just thankful you all gave me a chance. ;)

Hum, I haven't really done Pokemon since the beginning of the month, but I did draw a Pokemon OC-ish type of thing, so... I guess that works? I've already posted it in the Artists' Corner Club, but here, let me just shamelessly copypaste it into my own thread...

So, after wrapping up the disaster, I decided to do something good for myself at 11:30 pm, namely a 'draw-it-again' type of deal. I hate to admit it, but I'm not half as good at drawing as I am fast. Quick sketches and messy blots of colour are my specialty.

This is an idea for a Snivy-type OC girl thing (??) that I've had floating around since PMD Gates to Infinity came out. The first one was drawn December 27th last year, the second one last night. Both of them were done in about 5 minutes. 5 months, huh... well... I mean... it could be worse...?

ytrx.png

1pop.png

EDIT: What would people think of me posting non-Pokemon drawings? (e.g. just my drawings in general)

Last edited:

Keysmash

buys meat
EDIT: What would people think of me posting non-Pokemon drawings? (e.g. just my drawings in general)

Screw it, I'm doing it anyways. Not enough motivation to draw nothing but Pokemon.

In other news, forgot I had an art thread. It's been a month and a half, but do not fear! I have indeed drawn things since.

[spoil]

The first one

The second one (it's kind of big-- didn't realize I was drawing at 10% size the entire time)

[/spoil]

GingerDixie

Hopes and Dreams
Holy crap, and you're 13? This art is incredible for someone your age, in my opinion. O_O

Also I'm surprised I'm not the only one who draws Pokemon semi-realistically too.

Dude, can't wait to see more of this stuff; keep up the good work!

Keysmash

buys meat
Holy crap, and you're 13? This art is incredible for someone your age, in my opinion. O_O

Also I'm surprised I'm not the only one who draws Pokemon semi-realistically too.

Dude, can't wait to see more of this stuff; keep up the good work!

Ooh, semi-realistic Pokemon art? (hurries over to your profile)

Thanks for the ego-stroking compliments. It seems no matter how many times you're told your work is great, you always get a little boost of motivation. So, thank you for that! Feeling horrible about your art is not fun, if you know what I mean! Seriously. You're appreciated. ;)

Keysmash

buys meat
My friend asked me to draw what I was wearing last night. It was supposed to be a simple sketch (because the anatomy is obviously so correct) but I kind of went overboard, as usual. Also, cat.

[spoil]

rEvsIC1.png

[/spoil]

Keysmash

buys meat
I can't remember the last time I actually coloured inside the lines.

[spoil]

hpPRolN.png

Wxe0lhY.png

[/spoil]

Wow, on a roll for once. Chugging out .pngs like the good old cotton gin.

[spoil]
yYhpXCD.png

GATNpbx.png

[/spoil]

E2BJZrU.png

Last edited: