• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

KH 3 GAME INFO (new!!)

Treemander

~ The Wise Cracker ~
This is new info on the upcoming games
Kh BBS
KH Coded
KH 365/2
This is nothing new, but there’s been no news for a while now; so I compiled this together from the Tokyo Game Show to use on the forum. I’m sure you know all of this already. I’ll edit this tomorrow as there’s still a lot more that should be added.

KINGDOM HEARTS NEWS AT THE TOKYO GAME SHOW~

The past month has been abundant with Kingdom Hearts news, what with the highly anticipated Tokyo Game Show 2007 taking place. There were quite a lot of interesting announcements given regarding the future of Kingdom Hearts. Here are the main stories which have got people talking:

NOT ONE GAME… BUT THREE~

Prior to the Tokyo Game Show this year, there were a lot of Kingdom Hearts fans hopeful that Square-Enix would announce a continuation of the popular series - a Kingdom Hearts 3 for the next-gen - but they had bigger plans for us.

Tetsuya Nomura had earlier given an interview stating that Kingdom Hearts fans should expect to see a side-story on the DS, PSP or mobile phones, giving the option of three characters and left us to guess what would happen and debate about which would be the better game to play – well, we needn’t have bothered because Nomura planned on releasing all three! I don’t think many people anticipated him meaning all three, but it was a nice – if not surprising – announcement. Square-Enix showcased off three trailers of these games, unfortunately in a private screening. All we had to go by were written up descriptions of the trailers, and here they are along with all of the other important information we have already.

BIRTH BY SLEEP~

WHAT DO WE ALREADY KNOW?

? The unseen trailer~

Here is a description of the Birth by Sleep trailer:

Scenes of the ending of Kingdom Hearts 1 flash by on the screen, and two phrases are seen clearly onscreen. One reads “Deep Past” and the other “Shut-Eyes gives birth to the concealed fate.”

We are then confronted by a young boy who looks like Roxas conversing with another young boy with black hair. Their surroundings seem to resemble Hallow Bastion (Radiant Garden). The name “Ven” is thrown outward, referring to the boy who looks like Roxas.

The scene change various times before stopping at an iamge of the Old Man from the KH2FM+ secret ending. He is called “Master Xehanort” by Terra. Soon after, Terra summons his keyblade and the screen changes.

Various worlds are shown, and one of which is familiar to us all. “Olympus Colliseum” is making another comeback, followed by a brand new world, that of which resembles Sleeping Beauty.

The video then changes back to Terra battling against a dark figure, whom you can tell is male. This is the same man from the Secret Ending of KH2FM+, the one who the Old Man creates. Terra is able to forceably get the man’s helmet off, but his face is concealed.

King Mickey is shown summoning kis keyblade, and then the scene changes very quickly to Terra on a beach. He seems to be watching two boys play in the ocean. After he rests his weapon into the ground, the two boys he was watching are clearer and they look like Sora and Riku. Soon after, Terra says “Please don’t depend on me, just erase me… friend.”

The phrase “Kingdom Hearts: Birth by Sleep” arises.

? The scans~

High quality scans of Birth by Sleep can be found in the following links:

http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m274/bekkiglittz/Pictures/09da0145.jpg

http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m274/bekkiglittz/Pictures/947c4974.jpg

http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m274/bekkiglittz/Pictures/43613330.jpg

? The plot

Taking place in the past, this game will focus on the scenes we have already witnessed from the secret endings found in Kingdom Hearts II and Kingdom Hearts II Final Mix+. Three apprentices go in search of their missing master.

? The characters~

Terra - Already seen previously in Kingdom Hearts II Final Mix as a boss, he is now one of the three playable characters you can control in a choice of three different scenarios.

Master Xehanort - A mysterious old Keyblade Master, also resembles Xehanort’s Heartless a lot, but I wonder if this means anything?

Aqua - Shares a connection with Ven, although we do not know what kind of relationship they have. So far, her role in this game is undefined, as she hasn’t been mentioned a lot.

Ven - His true identity will be explored in Birth by Sleep.

? The confirmed worlds

So far, there have been a few new worlds confirmed - and some not-so-new. Here is the full list so far:

• Sleeping Beauty

• Olympus Coliseum

• Cinderella

• Hollow Bastion

• Destiny Islands

• Sunset Horizons (A fan-name as far as I’m aware)

? The console~

Birth by Sleep will be released for the PSP.

? The release date~

So far, unknown. All we know is that this game has been planned to be released last out of the three games.

? The timeline~

This game is set before the events of Kingdom Hearts 1.

? The gameplay~

An improved version of the deck system used in CoM will be used in Birth by Sleep. However, instead of cards, the user will choose from commands, which will be implemented into their menu.

358/2 Days~

WHAT DO WE ALREADY KNOW?

? The unseen trailer~

Here is a description of the 358/2 Days Trailer:

We are introduced with the scene where Kingdom Hearts: Chain of Memories had came to an end, and are then confronted with the phrase “The other side attached to Sora still sleeps”, along with “The mind comes back whenever they touch.”

The video then focuses upon Roxas and Axel, sitting atop the clock tower in Twilight Town. This seems to be the same scene from Kingdom Hearts 2 Final Mix+. Soon after, the video shows Roxas being invited into Organization XIII. He is being greeted by all, and introduces himself, and they do the same to him. Then the scene fades into Roxas actually joining the Organization.

Following this is a short clip of Mickey talking about Axel, and Saix near Roxas. Roxas is shown pulling out both of his keyblades, and it moves into gameplay. The gameplay confirms indifenatley that you may play with Roxas, Axel, Saix and Xigbar.

Xemnas then mentions something very interesting. He explains that a 14th member has joined their Organization, and that this member is female. This scene is quickly followed by the title of the game: “Kingdom Hearts 358/2 days” and a whsipering Roxas saying “I will disappear from this world in 151 days”

? The scans~

High quality scans of 358/2 Days can be found in the following links:

http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m274/bekkiglittz/Pictures/5b0cdb65.jpg

http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m274/bekkiglittz/Pictures/642a0e82.jpg

http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m274/bekkiglittz/Pictures/5f333379.jpg

? The characters~

Every Organisation 13 character WILL be playable, according to Tetsuya Nomura. We also know that a 14th member will be introduced - a female member - but nothing is known about her yet, except that she ISN’T Naminé and that she wasn’t present in Kingdom Hearts 2.
-

? The confirmed worlds

Not many worlds have been confirmed so far, but Wonderland is making a return.

• The World That Never Was

• Twilight Town

• Wonderland

-

? The console~

358/2 Days will be released for the DS.

? The release date~

So far, unknown. All we know is that this game has been planned to be released first out of the three games.

? The timeline~

This game takes place from Roxas’ birth, (in KH1), his entrance and time in the Organisation, into the events of CoM, and when he leaves to find more about himself and his TRUE self, and then eventually, when he gets taken to the digitised Twilight Town.

? The gameplay~

There will be single and multiplayer options in this game, and Tetsuya Nomura has revealed that there is a bonus to using both modes:

“The character’s growth is shared between the two modes,”

Also during multiplayer mode, the bottom screen of the DS can be used as a chat system, if you wish. Players will be able to communicate with each other as they play the game; by drawing pictures on the screen! Although not official yet, Nomura and his team are planning to add some further plans to this feature.

CODED~

WHAT DO WE ALREADY KNOW?

? The unseen trailer~

Here is a description of the Coded trailer:

When the video begins, we are introduced with a series of images, followed by the words “Kingdom Hearts: New Concepts and Game Titles.” Right after this, the ending to Kingdom Hearts 2 plays, followed by the phrases “The secret ending has been dealt with, and the worlds extend once again” and “flow”.

The screen fades back in to Jiminy Cricket and the phrase “Kingdom Hearts: Chain of Memories”. He is peering into his journal, noticing a phrase he cannot remember writing. It reads “You need to return, to heal the wounds”. This phrase seems to alert Jiminy in some way, as he runs off to report the finding to King Mickey. The king is startled by the discovery, but only replies with “Only he is the one who can solve it.”

We fade in and out to Sora standing on the beach at Destiny Islands. He is wearing his Kingdom Hearts 1 style clothing, but he is only shown as computer data being transmitted.

When the image of Sora dissapears, a battle scene commences. As Sora is moving blocks around to finish a puzzle game, heartless are attacking from all angles. The gameplay mechanics seem very odd. After the puzzle is finished, a command called “Debugging” appears on the screen. After being activated, Sora moves extremely quickly and then vanishes.

The last scene includes Sora and Mickey in Traverse Town. Mickey says to no one in particular “I was here on that day.” and “Let’s speak truly”.

We are then presented with the name of the game: Kingdom Hearts: Coded.

-

? The scans~

High quality scans of Coded can be found in the following links:

http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m274/bekkiglittz/Pictures/b0511241-1.jpg

http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m274/bekkiglittz/Pictures/b0511241.jpg

? The plot~

After finding an entry in his journal that he didn’t write, “we must return to free them from their torment,” Jiminy confronts King Mickey about it and so he digitizes the contents (along with himself and Sora), and they go and investigate.

? The characters~

So far, we only know about Sora, King Mickey, Jiminy Cricket, Donald and Goofy.

? The confirmed worlds~

Not many, but Traverse Town is coming back.

• Traverse Town

• Disney Castle

• Destiny Islands

-

? The console~

Coded will be released on the mobile phone.

? The release date~

So far, unknown. All we know is that this game has been planned to be released second out of the three games.

? The timeline~
This game apparantly takes place after the events of Kingdom Hearts 2.

? The gameplay~

Half puzzle game, half action/RPG. There will also be something called ‘Debugging mode’ in Coded, and basically this means that Sora will confront bugs (the type found in your computer, not insects) when he approaches normal enemies. Sora will need to clear the bugs (that look like blocks) in order to fight. We have already seen a screenshot of this. The bugs also have other purposes too. They can be used to help Sora get higher up, and they can be used in puzzle games.

We should expect to see the trailers at this year’s Jump Festa - December 22nd-23rd - but nothing is confirmed yet. Let’s hope, anyway.

DISCUSS:

Starmarcie

Mysterious Trainer
Found this

-------------------------------------------------------------------
Interviewer: (About the 14th Member) Does this character fight? What kind of weapon does she use?

Nomura: What about it? We’ve already decided, but we can’t tell you right now.

Interviewer: Is the battle system the same in this game as it was in other games? I’m curious because there is no command menu there.

Nomura: The actions of the characters and the controls are a different from the past games. This is because of the screen size, however there is no need to worry because for now there is no command menu, but we may add one.

Interviwer: If there is no command, would it be because each action is added to a different button for the DS?

Nomura: Yes, however the feeling of combat in this game will be different from that of other KH Series, the method is still being thought on.

Interviewer Will there be a function where you can use the touch pen, with the lower screen?

Nomura: For now, there is no fuction where you can use the DS Touchscreen. Because if we do that, the entire feeling of Kingdom Hearts may be ruined. Also the top screen will mostly be used for the story telling, when the lower screen will be erased. However there will be somepoints where both screens will be used. Who knows, maybe later on we'll have a surprise for ourselves, and for our audience!

About Multiplayer Mode

Nomura: I find it an interesting feature, for whenever you complete a mission, the Organization member's chair will rise. Also the lowest ranking member's chair will lower more. *Laughs*. I wonder what will happen if you lose with Xemnas. *Laughs* (I'd find it funny too seeing Xemnas' chair lowering, but this highly confirms Xemnas being playable) As for the strength, and gameplay of characters, they have been altered depending on what type of member they were. Such as Xigbar's attacks have high range, but Xigbar has slow reloading time, as Lexaeus has slow movement, but very high attack power. There is still one mysterious character though.

Interviewer: Is it Zexion?

Nomura: Yes, because he uses the book as a weapon. Although what we are aiming to do, is allow him to absorb other enemies attacks, and use their attacks against them.
Kingdom Hearts Coded

You can only go into Debug mode, in the data world, when meeting a certain standard. This system is one of the main viewpoints of Kingdom Hearts Coded.

Interviewer: We are curious as to how will this continue after the KH2 Story.

Nomura: What are Sora and the others doing now in the real world, while the story continues in the Data world. This will not be shown. However there are many mysteries that will be answered in this game, and there will possibly be key points that will be important to the future of the series. The Phone this game will be put on has not been released yet, but that also means when it is released, there will be many possibilities with this game in the future.
-------------------------------------------------------------------
Source: KH-Vids.net/2ch

Pretty intresting, all of the games sound important to progress the story (like CoM was important for the story of KH2) Doubt I'll buy Coded or BBS because I'm not buying a new phone or handheld just for one game. DS KH for me!!

Anzua2

...It was important to keep Zexion's weapon a secret for so long...why was it, again?

I could understand if it was unexpected or awesome, or even if it had ties to the actual story, but what was the point of keeping such a dull and expected weapon a secret for two consecutive games?

Starmarcie

Mysterious Trainer
Maybe it does tie to the story? Maybe this book contains something relevent to the story, who knows. See how Nomura refers to his weapon as THE book, not A book....

Treemander

~ The Wise Cracker ~
Tetsuya Nomura has given some new information regarding the three new games and hinted at a Kingdom Hearts 3 in monthly Japanese magazine Gemaga!

In this interview, Nomura revealed that all three games are already in development, and that we shouldn’t expect to see them released simultaneously, as previously thought. He also let slip of the possible order they are to be released:

358/2 Days – the DS instalment – released first, followed by Coded – the mobile phone game. As already stated in an earlier interview with Famitsu, Birth by Sleep – the PSP instalment – is due to be released last.

Now to some information on the three games; starting with 358/2 Days: The magazine gives the pronunciation of this game, and it is “Three Five Eight Days Over Two.”

We already know that Disney worlds are set to appear in this game, (following the scan showing Wonderland,) but there was quite a lot of confusion on how they would feature in this game. Nomura clears this up for us by saying: “They (Disney Worlds) will appear in the game, but in a slightly different form. KH is generally a story where you set out on a journey with a goal in mind. However, Roxas is a member of Organisation XIII, so he always returns to the home base. So, this is not a story about a journey. Also, Roxas’s personality is such that he does not actively attempt to come into contact with other characters. So, the relationship to Disney characters will be different from before.”

The big talking point of this game is the multiplayer mode. In this mode, gamers will be able to select any Organisation XIII member and progress through unique missions. Examples of the mission’s gamers will face are, looking for specific items, defeating certain enemies, and duelling with other Organisation XIII members.

There is a bonus for your choice of character if you decide to play single and multiplayer mode. “The character’s growth is shared between the two modes,” Nomura informed the magazine.

Also during multiplayer mode, the bottom screen of the DS can be used as a chat system, if you wish. Players will be able to communicate with each other as they play the game; by drawing pictures on the screen! Although not official yet, Nomura and his team are planning to add some further plans to this feature.

It seems as though Nomura won’t be taking advantage of the many possibilities the DS can offer a gamer. Unlike for his other DS game ‘Wonderful World’ where he used them to its full potential. He goes on to explain his reasons. “Wonderful World is a game where we fully used the DS’s functionality, however, this time, we’re not really using the DS functionality. In order to not break the Kingdom Hearts control feel, we’re not using the stylus. Also, we’re planning on using the bottom screen for something.” This ‘something’ I have mentioned earlier; the multiplayer chat system.

Moving onto the mobile phone game, Coded:

Nomura made sure to confirm that Coded is NOT Kingdom Hearts 3. Although this is the only instalment set after the events of Kingdom Hearts 2, and the main character Sora is used again… Or so it seems.

Infact, the Sora we have seen in the screenshots is only a data version. So is King Mickey.

In Coded, a data-made Sora and King Mickey explore the pages of Jiminy’s Journal in search of a secret message left by Jiminy. They have to investigate the events of Kingdom Hearts 1.

There will be something called ‘Debugging mode’ in Coded, and basically this means that Sora will confront bugs (the type found in your computer, not insects) when he approaches normal enemies. Sora will need to clear the bugs (that look like blocks) in order to fight. We have already seen a screenshot of this. The bugs also have other purposes too. They can be used to help Sora get higher up, and they can be used in puzzle games.

In another interview with Famitsu, Nomura said that Coded was having “technical problems”, and those problems are due to Coded being developed for a mobile phone not even in existence; that’s right. But this is due to the fact that mobile phones in places such as America and Europe aren’t as powerful as Japanese mobile phones. There has even been talk that Coded will be FREE to play, or on the other-hand really cheap. Probably not as much as the previous KH mobile phone game.

Lastly, what did Nomura have to say about Birth by Sleep? This game is being developed by the team that worked on Musashi Samurai Legend and Re: Chain of Memories. Infact, it was this very team that contacted Nomura and requested that they work together on a side-story of Kingdom Hearts, during the time when Kingdom Hearts 2 was being developed. Nomura goes on to say, “The project was for the PSP from the start of planning.”

As we all know, this game will feature a ‘multi-scenario’ system. Not many people seem to have understand what Nomura meant by this, so he explained it for us:

“The game will have three scenarios, and you’ll be able to play from which ever one you like. You’ll even likely be able to stop mid way through and start a new scenario.”

There isn’t a scenario more important than the other, apparently. So you can choose whichever you like.

Bad news for gamers that didn’t enjoy the deck system on Chain of Memories – it is being brought back for this game; however, it will be an improved version. This is how it will work: Before battle commences, the player sets up a card deck which will feature the commands you wish your character to possess in their command menu.

So that explains Terra’s unusually big list of commands we saw him with in Cinderella’s world.

And finally, fans eager to hear more information about Kingdom Hearts 3, more hints about it have been made in this interview with Nomura. Explaining the connections the three handheld games have with the future of the Kingdom Hearts series, this is what Nomura replied:

“They do have some connections to the future third entry in the series, though I can’t say specifically. But there was a message along those lines in the trailers. Something about these three titles being connected to a story that is to come. I believe you’ll be able to foresee things through these three games.”

(Note: Credit to advo on LJ for giving me the basic Japanese-English translations, and I will add anything else she can give me from the interview when I get it

heres more info..

we still don't know who the 14th member is in other forums people are speculating:
Namine
Aqua's nobody (saying she is spying on the Organization)

Now that i think about it I think this may be Aquas Nobody, I thought decided it would be too complicated for to be Aqua herself so I have changed my sides, but..... The reason why she would suddenly have a nobody..... I pondered that for a second and this is what I think, Aqua and Ven are lovers (Well everyone knows that) and when Aqua found Ven forzen like that she sacrificed herself for him by giving her heart to save him. Her heart left her body, and since we know that she probably is a strong person, A nobody was born in her place....
Or...
These 'Chasers' that we see, are part the third part of a dead human. If we ignore the theories that these people are part of Riku, Sora and Kairi (though I strongly support this idea) Then Aqua could indeed have a nobody and an other that we've never seen before.........

From other forums

I doubt its namine though because "the info" and she disappeared into Kairi

Looking at one of the scans for 358/2 it shows the 14th member thus it looks like a girls body... and its small but it defiantley can't be namine because she is pale

http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m274/bekkiglittz/Pictures/947c4974.jpg

It shows roxas in the armor like the 3 knights and I just thought of somthing at the bottom left picture where the red and black suited person could it be Ven's heartless or nobody because they were seen talking and Ven hates him...

I think VEN and roxas have a connection because in another screen he is talking to him and protecting him

It could be aqua because people's nobodies don't look exactly like her

heres more speculations from another forums

Okay, I think it's Aqua, and I have some proof as to why I think so.

Before I start, though, it can't be Aqua's Nobody. I'll get to that a little later, though.

Before Aqua joined Terra and Ven, she could have been an Organization member. She could have had a pillar before, but after leaving the Organization, her pillar could have been taken down. After leaving the Organization, she joins Terra and Ven and becomes a Chaser. The Terra in "Birth by Sleep" looks younger than the Terra in the secret ending on "Kingdom Hearts II". And on that same ending, Aqua was there with them, meaning that a younger Aqua could have been an Organization member, and also explaining why she isn't featured in "Birth by Sleep", seeing as she could have been too busy with the Organization. She could be featured in "Birth by Sleep", but that's not yet confirmed. Now let's get to the Aqua's Nobody thing. It can't be her Nobody because Aqua was still alive in the secret ending, and if the Terra in the secret ending really is older than the "Birth by Sleep" Terra, then she'd have to still be alive in the past, while still being a part of the Organization. And Sora fights Terra in "KHII:FM+", so it'd only make sense that "Birth by Sleep" Terra was younger. But that still doesn't explain how Aqua made it into the Organization. The Organization only accepts Nobodies. She could have just played the part of a Nobody. I don't know. And when Sora is still awake, a Chaser's armor is shown. It could be Aqua's, and she could have been turned into a Heartless. Maybe that's why Aqua wasn't with Terra in "KHII:FM+". Maybe Ven dies sometime in "Birth by Sleep" (the theory I made a few days ago mentions Ven's death, if it were to happen. Just PM me if you would like to view it, or just look for it on your own) , so Ven and Aqua are no longer with Terra. But I think I'm beginning to get a bit off topic, so I'll stop here.

P.S.- To the people who think it's not Aqua just because of the skin tone, think back to "Kingdom Hearts: Chain of Memories" and "Kingdom Hearts II". Ansem changed his identity to DiZ, as you all know, and his skin tone was just the same as the XIV Organization member's. And have you ever even began to think about shadows? She does have on a cloak, does she not? Have you ever stopped to think that the shadow of the hood covered her original skin color?

Roxas can hold a keyblade and so can Aqua maybe they are the last two members and only ones who can hold the keyblade

Ridley-X4

UN-LTD AWESOME WORKS
So no KH3? Laaaaame. All we get are some spin-offs using the whole "alternate universe" cliche.