• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Kibago = Comic Relief or Contender

KGB13

Man of Mystery
So do you guys think Kibago will just be Iris's version of Piplup/Togepi and just be carried around outside of it's pokeball, rarely battle in serious matches, and mainly serve as comic relief? Or will it be a pokemon that Iris's is seriously trying to train and battle with?

I loved both Piplup and Togepi, so this isn't a bash thread towards them, but since BW is going to be a rebirth of the series, I was thinking that maybe Kibago wouldn't follow in their footsteps and actually be a serious contender rather than a lighting rod for running gags and comedic antics.

Discuss.

An00bis

Wicked Witch
*Pulls a Cybercubed* Piplup was completely absent from 17 of 191 episodes of Pokemon Diamond and Pearl. Now if that isn't overexposure I'm not sure what is.

[spoil]Actually ... I didn't have knowledge of that off the top of my head. I looked it up because I was planning on making a Thread similar to this about " Partner Pokemon " and their impact on Teams on my day off. Eh-heh.[/spoil]

Since I know that characters these days usually have a " Partner Pokemon " that is (1) usually out of its Pokeball and (2) usually used for immediate action, comic relief, or generally whatever the writers want I know Kibago will get a fair share of screen-time. I'm just hoping that they give a fair share of time to Iris' other potential Pokemon instead of it always being about Kibago.

Ash-kid

Ash-kid
Kibago will probably won't have the same personality that Piplup had, because it doesn't seem so arrogant/proud or something. I can see it being one of the most important pokemon of Iris that also battles, unlike Togepi.

Cazak

When Wings Fly High
Considering the fact that the anime thrives on repitition, I can very well imagine them pulling a Piplup with Kibago, but I hope they do something different.

playerking

Sick of dealing with idiots.
Both and hopefully it will be a comic relief and a powerhouse when it becomes Onokussu.

KGB13

Man of Mystery
IDK, Kibago doesn't seem very comical to me. He's not all cutesy like Piplup and Togepi, so I can't see him having those type of moments very often.
I see him as more of a battler.

I'm sure Kibago will have some interaction to the dragons for some plot reason. I doubt it'll just sit there, and be stupid.

Trapman

Bazinga!!
God I hope kibago isn´t anything like Piplup. I didn´t find piplup funny at all and I hated the fact it had to be out of its pokeball all the time like pikachu.

Caseydia

Ace Trainer
I don't want to see another Piplup clone. It is really annoying when they showcase one or two Pokemon too much over all the others. It takes away the fun from all the others.

Blazicken

Sex on fire
mhm
kibago doesn't look like the comic relief-guy
mijumaru does look like he has the playfull attitude though :d
and they'll eventiually switch to another one after it evolves

Araleon

Chill
I'm desperately hoping that Iris is doing Gyms as well as Ash, so I'm hoping it'll get some serious training and evolve all the way, at least by the time BW as a whole is complete. I, personally, think that BW will end around BW130-BW140. Then they'll go to Hoenn or Kanto. Maybe Kanto, and Ash will try his hand at his home League again, or something.

Anyway, I think this: Kibago and evos:Iris::piplup:Dawn::pikachu::Ash

BlueMage

Kibago has to be a fighter. Iris is obviously more of an action girl than previous girls, and I don't think the writers are going to have a Dragon-type just sit around and market the games. I don't see him being like Piplup either, purely because of appearance.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
Well at first glance, Kibago doesn't look to be very funny. However, I did think the same about Piplup and Croagunk and they both turned out to be funny in some of the DP episodes. I believe that will a little guidance, Kibago could potentially be the next comic relief Pokemon if certain criteria are met. It would have to have a new gag to go along with it for starters and not something that's been done before. I'm putting all my faith in the writers at this point.

BlueDragonfangirl

How can we know? he didnt do anything "comic" in the previews, Im thinking Mijumaru will be the comic one.

I agree with this, just by looking at the previews Mijumaru seems to be the next Pipulp. Kibago I have a feeling will be the fighter type.

Darkxninga

mhm
kibago doesn't look like the comic relief-guy
mijumaru does look like he has the playfull attitude though :d
and they'll eventiually switch to another one after it evolves

Just as someone else said Kibago didnt do any "comic-relief" in the previews and it really shouldn't be ^^*. Mijumaru seems to be the next Piplup to me, but I hope that doesn't happen (having the same personalities and stuff with episodes dedicated to it..) or isn't shown as much like piplup was. Kibago just looks like a fighter/contender (v_v and a doggy with a collar and a bone in its mouth...i know they're tusk but...it looks like a bone. Kinda cute!)