• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Kid Icarus: Uprising

PЯЇzЭ

Sometimes I feel like playing Kiu isn't worth it. I don't know why.

Escheria

Ray Tracer
*sighs* Don't play it if you don't like it, there are a lot of other games that are worth playing.

PokeTrainerJay

High in the Sky
Just in case anyone doesn't know already due to my inactivity but I have got rid of KI:U and my 3DS in fact. I got bored of the games and sold it. I may get one again in the future but I doubt it unless X and Y are that good.

Excitable Boy

is a metaphor
Just in case anyone doesn't know already due to my inactivity but I have got rid of KI:U and my 3DS in fact. I got bored of the games and sold it. I may get one again in the future but I doubt it unless X and Y are that good.

Are you really that short on cash IRL?

Considering how relatively little a 3DS and its games are worth used, even if you don't play it, it's more trouble than it's worth to sell it, especially if you might just end up buying another one.

Escheria

Ray Tracer

Midnite♪

Distant Stargazer
After months of farming, fusing, distractions, eggplant-toed Mewbuus, and related endeavors, I finally did it!

uguuu_zps4b0c4a67.png

Escheria

Ray Tracer
I want that, except as a Divine Bow. ;w;

I'm working towards them.
My first one of that set was a meteor bow. I've since then gotten:

Rose staff
Bomber Arm
Ninja Palm
Viridi Palm
Twinbellows Cannon
Aurum Blade
Taurus Arm
Guardian Orbs
Tiger Claws

Getting Crusader Blade today

Midnite♪

Distant Stargazer
Those Guardians also sound very tempting.

Btw, random question (and mainly aimed at SWD), but outside of the obvious SR3/SH3, what mods should I run on a ranged Crusher Arm? I heard that one of its attacks loops, but I'm not sure which of them does and if it needs HB or not.

Master Knight DH

http://imageshack.us/a/img37/2455/bbhardwon.jpg
....a Mech Armor idol.....a freaking idol...this is what I get for dealing with a 30 minute problem with a tough as nails boss demanding so many precious resources right at the end.

Okay, why is the reward for beating Boss Battles Hard a freaking idol that you most likely have by the point you even stand a chance of getting close? No, wait, why was this challenge completely absurd? I know, 9.0's difficulty name is "Nothing Harder!", but this game is designed with KIDS in mind. Otherwise, there would be more cursing than Hades' one instance, using the name of the place he lives in to begin with. Yet something the game expects me to handle within definite reason is something I had struggled to handle AT ALL. How in the **** does the game expect kids to handle this challenge? Boss Battles should have provided 8 drinks. Even 6 would have been much more sane. 5 is simply too few. At least then problems like Chariot Master's cheap hits would have been mitigated. But no, the game developers magically think that anybody with higher than a single digit IQ could possibly enjoy Boss Battles Hard the way they set it up.

Oh right, Evasion + is expected because it's needed. Yeah, well, here's the setup I used:
http://imageshack.us/a/img832/9127/bbhardsetup.jpg
See Evasion + there? I totally do. Oh wait, no I don't, because I didn't need that cheap stupidity. But that brings up another annoying issue: WHAT IS UP WITH SOME OF THE BOSS DESIGN?!?!? Great R(e)aper is a complete farce to fight with a club simply because of that damned instant hit laser, but every one of its top floor attacks isn't terribly hard to dodge with other weapon types anyway. Dark Pit is NO Meta Knight. All he does is shoot at you and shower your platform with arrows. He certainly doesn't force you to care about center control, just dodge and shoot. Pit's Body has NOTHING to do with your setup and everything to do with more dodge and react shenanigans exploiting the Darkness Bow's iffy shot speed. Hades' Heart's only truly threatening aspect is the anger reaction that is a pain to dodge even with the manipulation you can pull on it. And GST is such a pain to shake off that he requires MOST OF MY POWERS to deal with, and I get SO CLOSE TO DYING ANYWAY. There's probably more, but these are off the top of my head.

My point is that 90% of weapon types as a whole end up sucking in BB Hard. That is not good balance. And it's more aggravating when the remaining 10% has to have particular mods to not suck anyway. It is sheer luck that I had Side Charged +4 on a Ball Cannon. The problem is that they expect kids to have these "dream" weapons, putting up with the ever counterintuitive fusion system in the process, just to stand a chance, and then struggle to kill the bosses anyway. Why should the Ball Cannon, an inherent anti-armor weapon, need virtually capped anti-armor just to not suck in BB Hard? Again, I *BARELY* kill GST, and that's after 25 bosses of holding off on using anything but Health Recovery or avoiding using all 5 drinks before finally handling the damned fight.

Seriously, WHO DESIGNED BOSS BATTLES HARD THE WAY THEY DID?!?!?!?

(And yes, I'm X-posting this. Sue me.)

XD Mewtwo

Void#ZX0
Do you really need to be posting here of all places? Anyway, for a semi short answer to your question, Boss Battles Hard is just that, a challenge, a hard one at that. One of the features of Kid Icarus: Uprising was the Fiend's Cauldron, with the ability to make the game easier or harder, what you want it at, Boss Battles Easy, Normal, and Hard reflect this for Boss Battles. As for why Boss Battles is structured the way it is, I think its more of an homage to Kirby: Super Star (SNES, DS) with it copying the way that game's Boss Battles is set up, or Sakurai just likes to reuse the same way he sets up Boss Battles in games.

Been on a fusing spree with new things to try, and heres what I got:

Needle Palm
Ranged: 6 Stars
Value: 301
Paralysis +4
Shot Range +3
Standing Cont Fire +4
Dash Cont Fire +4
In Peril Attack Boost -4

Viper Blade
Value: 275
Shot Range +3
Shot Homing +3
Dash Cont Fire +4
In Peril Attack Boost -4

Cutter Palm
Value: 288
Shot Range +3
Shot Homing +3
Dash Charge Shot +4
In Peril Attack Boost -4

Fortune Bow
Value: 291
Paralysis +4
Shot Range +3
Dash Charge Shot +4
In Peril Attack Boost -4

Artillery Claws
Value: 286
Shot Range +3
Dash Charge Shot +4
Standing Cont Fire +4
In Peril Attack Boost -4

I'm not sure the Needle Palm was worth the time to make or not, hard to tell when Paralysis is inflicted online. Not sure what to think of the Viper Blade yet, need to test it online. I got the Cutter Palm I wanted for a long time, at least see how well it works online. Fortune Bow is great support for Light vs Dark, with the 100% Paralysis. Artillery Claws I need to try online, but they work well enough in nearby.

Master Knight DH

SSB Brawl had difficulty levels. I didn't see Boss Battles *INTENSE* (which even tells you that it's Harder Than Hard) being nearly as absurd there. You had only 3 full healing items there, but there were only 10 bosses, so that's 3 bosses per healing on average. Oh, and guess what? *NONE OF THE BOSSES HAD A PARTICULAR CHEAP FACTOR TO THEM TO MAKE THEM CONSISTENTLY AGGRAVATING*! Maybe late Duon or late Porky, but the other bosses weren't the nightmare to beat efficiently enough that some of the bosses in KIU are.

I don't mind the bosses in KIU's BB mode not being watered down. What I do mind is when the bosses are not only tedious (DARK PIT), but have ways of being consistently cheap (I'M LOOKING AT YOU, CHARIOT MASTER), when the last boss already forces you to have full health *AND* 2/3 of your powers left just to stand a chance.

Got a new 3DS!
Anyone want re-register me for a KIU match?

I'm so rusty. =/
I wish I didn't tire out! >.<
Or... I could just equip Tirelessness. :-?

Last edited:

ParaChomp

be your own guru
Got a new 3DS! =D
Anyone want re-register me?
Wrong place. Check here. Look around the forums and read the rules before you start posting next time.

Still can't finish chapter 13 on the hardest difficulty without death even with my +7 overall defence, 3.5 ranged, 3 melee Drill Arm.

Finished my cosplay but I didn't wear it at the convention as it was too cold out. Once I aren't lazy and upload it to DeviantART, I'll post a link. Speaking of cosplays and drills should I make one out of cardboard?