• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Kid Icarus: Uprising

Everlasting

Everything stays.
After months of farming, fusing, distractions, eggplant-toed Mewbuus, and related endeavors, I finally did it!

uguuu_zps4b0c4a67.png

You mean... this thing is rare or something ? I got this weapon totally randomly while doing my first playthrough...

KillerDraco

You mean... this thing is rare or something ? I got this weapon totally randomly while doing my first playthrough...

It's more about the modifiers and stats. The weapons are not unique, but their stats can vary wildly from one to the next.

Flintlock Staff: 3r. Not sure of melee or value. 270-something I believe. WS4, SCS4 and some unnecessary +1 mods.

Scorpio Staff: 4r 0.5m. 276v. DCS/SCS4, SR3, IPAB-4 and two unnecessary +1 mods
Cutter Palm: 273v. 3r 1.5m. Freezing4, DCS4, SR/SH3 and OD-4.

Also, what's a Cookie Cutter? Is my Cutter Palm a Cookie Cutter?

XD Mewtwo

Void#ZX0
Flintlock Staff: 3r. Not sure of melee or value. 270-something I believe. WS4, SCS4 and some unnecessary +1 mods.

Scorpio Staff: 4r 0.5m. 276v. DCS/SCS4, SR3, IPAB-4 and two unnecessary +1 mods
Cutter Palm: 273v. 3r 1.5m. Freezing4, DCS4, SR/SH3 and OD-4.

Also, what's a Cookie Cutter? Is my Cutter Palm a Cookie Cutter?

Cookie Cutter refers to having a certain set of modifiers on a weapon, that normally just go for max range, homing and damage, like
Shot Range +3
Shot Homing +3
Dash Charge Shot +4
In Peril Attack Boost -4/Overall Defense -4,
this set can work for a lot of weapons, and creates a standard set you can expect to see for weapons online other people are using, here are some other cookie cutter sets, I can't remember exact sets, but some include Effect Duration +4 and Full Health Boost +6 with Overall Defense -4 for more damage and to make their powers last longer. Here is a cookie cutter set for Cont Fire,

Shot Range +3
Shot Homing +3 (optional, depends on the weapon though)
Standing Cont Fire +4
Dash Cont Fire +4
In Peril Attack Boost -4

Though I don't ever see people using this set except me.

Your Cutter Palm looks Cookie Cutter, but it has Freezing +4 to make it stand out a bit, but it also has low Stars for Ranged, and it also Melee stars which are not needed for a ranged only weapon, but if this is an attempt to have a good weapon, it should work fine for you, provided you don't get hit too much.

Last edited:

tomatohater

Golden Sun 4?
Does anyone even play this game anymore? I still enjoy it and hope for a Wii U Port/Sequel! I know it was announced that he wouldn't make anymore anytime soon, but we did get that oppertunity to Pre-Order KI:U Wii U on the German (?) Amazon, so it isn't entirely out of the question IMO!

hawkeye721

なんと素敵な歌!!!!!!!!
Does anyone even play this game anymore? I still enjoy it and hope for a Wii U Port/Sequel! I know it was announced that he wouldn't make anymore anytime soon, but we did get that oppertunity to Pre-Order KI:U Wii U on the German (?) Amazon, so it isn't entirely out of the question IMO!

I play, from time to time, and I know a good deal of people who do as well

poix_the_yak

I stay noided
I still play as well, working on the treasure hunt at the moment. The Magnus chapter on 9.0 is a bitch to beat, though. I have no idea how I'm going to do it.

Mijuwott

Poppstar Sunshine
I'm starting to replay the levels at 8.0-9.0 difficulty since i've been going at it mostly with 7.0-7.5 difficulty and I must say I've been really slacking because I haven't realized how reckless I am since the damage increase. I'm also enjoying the fact that chuggaconroy is doing a LP of it I missed some secret passages that he's showing.

miju o:

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
Special content coming to this game on either October or November according to Nintendo Direct.

Do you think that we might get some cool weapons?

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
I hope so!
All three games have a streetpass that I believe can also function as a spotpass, at least KI:U had that.

I see two possibilities, but not limited to two.

1. You get a spotpass via Nintendo Zone and get a weapon gem.
2. You get a Special Mii that will send you the weapon gem.

So I believe it is all weapon gems we are dealing with, but I could be wrong about that.

Excitable Boy

is a metaphor
TBH I'd rather get some kind of actual DLC for it, perhaps a 13th weapon for each class or something, or a new level.

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
TBH I'd rather get some kind of actual DLC for it, perhaps a 13th weapon for each class or something, or a new level.
Since the Direct was strongly suggesting that this was a Nintendo Zone event, I really doubt that.

I also mentioned that all three of the suggested games have streetpass functionality. The special Miis will probably work into that, or we just might get special spotpasses specific to the games (ex: Palutena gems).

poix_the_yak

I stay noided
:eek: Well this is exciting news, I didn't even know nintendo was even thinking about KI:U anymore! I hope it's DLC chapters and possibly new weapons!

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
I highly doubt this is DLC since we are getting this via Nintendo Zone. All three games shown have special bonuses for exchanging data via streetpass, and I believe they all work under spotpass.

I hope they aren't just random weapon gems like Palutena's gems were (if they are gems). I'm guessing they will be though. =/
Got all excited...